InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Darling Emiko ❯ The Future Dream ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Emiko was sitting in a field of wildflowers teaching a little girl how to braid flowers into a chain. She took a deep breath of scented air and sighed happily at how peaceful it was here. It was then that she realized that something just wasn't right here. She looked down at herself and saw that she was wearing gasp of horror PINK!! She stood up in shock surprising the little girl that sat next to her.

"Are...are you okay Mama?" the girl asked and Emiko looked down at her. She was a beautiful child with white hair and blue eyes. She had dog ears, fangs, and claws. Emiko would have thought that she was seeing herself in the past if the girl didn't have a fox tail. What in the name of all the gods is going on? she thought puzzled. She looked again at the little girl and found that she had disappeared. Is this a dream? she asked herself.

"Yes, it is a dream. It's a dream of what your future could be" said a familiar voice behind her. She turned around in shock and saw that Kigai was standing behind her. She looked at him in shock for a second then ran into his arms and hugged him tightly.

"Kigai! What are you doing here?" she cried as she hugged him tightly.

He smiled softly and held her tight. "I'm here to stop you from doing what you planned." He said.

She looked shocked. "I have to help them, both Mama and Daddy asked me to!" she said and Kigai shook his head.

"Not that silly, what YOU planned on doing. You don't think that I wouldn't know?" he asked sadly.

She shook her head in denial. "What are you talking about?"

"You were planning on getting yourself killed. Saving your parents friends at the cost of your own life is something I doubt that they would want. I love you Emiko. I always have, but you have to move on with your life." He said softly as he held her.

"I want to be with you Kigai, our time was too short" she cried.

"I know Emiko, but you're still alive. I'm gone from this earth now. You cannot continue to live your life inside your shell of grief. I think it's time you stopped pretending to love life and actually do it." With that he kissed her softly.

"I have to go, please Emiko, you could have so much more than this, if only you let yourself live again." He said as he started to fade. She cried out in anguish and tried to reach for him. Her hand made the barest contact with his and he disappeared. She sunk down to her knees and started sobbing. Suddenly a small hand touched hers.

"Are you going to be okay Mama?" a little voice asked.

Emiko looked down into the face of her daughter and nodded. "Yes, I think now, I will be okay honey." The little girl smiled softly and hugged Emiko.

"Good, I'll see you then Mama" the little girl said.

"Where are you going?" Emiko asked, not wanting to be left alone agian.

The girl giggled. "Don't worry mama, I'll see you soon!" and with that she too faded from view.

Emiko's eyes snapped open and she sat up suddenly shocking poor Shippo who was dozing in her tail. She looked around her and saw her family and friends and knew that Kigai was right, it was just a dream.

"Are you okay Emiko?" Huyana asked concern written on his face. She smiled warmly at him.

"Yes, I think maybe I am now." She said.

"Well then, now that you're awake do you think we can go?" Inuyasha said gruffly.

"Oh, were you waiting on me Daddy?" she asked with a sly grin. Inuyasha grunted at her and stood up.

Emiko stood up and picked up her bag. She opened up the bag and reached into one of the inside pockets.

"Here Daddy, these are for you" she said and handed Inuyasha a small paper-wrapped packet.

"Huh? For me?" he said as he opened it up. Inside were the teeth of a Youkai capped with gold and strung on a necklace of beads.

"Why?" he asked.

"To help exorcise some ghosts" she said with a grin and picked up Shippo. "You guys ready?" she asked Kagome, Sango, Huyana, and Miroku.

"Yep!"

"Good, then lets go!" she said and walked off carrying Shippo on top of her pack on her back.

Huyana traveled close behind Emiko. They started up convorsation about Shippo and kitsunes. While Emiko was talking to him, she saw him in a different light. Well, it had always been there, but she was just now really relizing it. He was absoulutly gorgious. Golden eyes, white hair, fox ears, fangs, claws, and the cutest smile on earth (although, he did not smile much).

Emiko felt hot eyes on her, so she turned around. Miroku was staring at her with a mischevious smile. He knew of Emiko's feelings for Huyana. Like she said, her and Miroku were friends. He was the one who brought Emiko's feelings for Huyana to her attention. But she was doing her revenge also. She was pushing Miroku to just have a conversation with Sango. She did hit him when he gropped her, because she knew Sango hated it. But Emiko noticed Sango liked it when her and Miroku just talked!