InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Darling Emiko ❯ Black Out ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
They walked on until it got dark, then set up camp for the night. As Emiko cleaned up after dinner she looked up at the sky. The moon was at it's last possible sliver before it went to new. Kagome looked up at the sky too and gasped as she realized it was almost the first of the month.

"What's wrong?" Emiko asked

"Tomorrow is the new moon. Inuyasha becomes human at the new moon" she said.

"Uh oh, that's not good. If his luck is anywhere near as bad as mine is when I'm human" she smiled wryly as she thought of the attack that had happened a short time ago "Then we better get him back to Kaede's village."

Kagome nodded.

"You stay here, I'll tell him you want to talk to him" and Emiko winked and walked over to where Inuyasha sat in a tree.

"Hey! Kagome wants to talk to you for a sec!" Emiko yelled up at Inuyasha. He grunted and muttered something about foolish human females and walked off to where Kagome was.

Emiko smiled warmly and sat down under the tree that Inuyasha was just in. Huyana sat down next to her and she smiled at him and held a finger up to her lips to say for him to be quiet. She pointed over her shoulder and Huyana peeked as he saw Kagome and Inuyasha talking softly a few yards away.

He grinned at Emiko and she tapped one of her ears and winked at him. He nodded in understanding and walked back to the fire to talk to Shippo, Miroku, and Sango.

Inuyasha was sitting next to Kagome as she was looking up at the sky. "You know what tomorrow night is?" Kagome asked and Inuyasha nodded.

"Like I could forget" he muttered.

Kagome turned and looked at him. She picked up one of his hands in hers and said "I think we should go back, at least until after tomorrow night."

Inuyasha looked down at his hand in hers and looked back at her. "Why? I can fight good as a human." he said.

Kagome just looked at him worriedly. "I don't want anything to happen to you, and the past two times you've almost died" she ended this with a sigh and gripped his hand tightly in hers.

He brought his other hand up to her cheek, "You are worried for me?" he asked and she nodded. He sighed softly. "Okay then, for you, We'll go back to Kaede's village" he said.

She brought her head up in shock and looked at him to see if he was being sincere. He was. She cried happily and hugged him tightly. "I worry about you" she said softly against his chest as she clung to him.

He looked down at her and tilted her face up so that he could look into her eyes. "I worry about you too, Kagome" he said softly and brought his face down to hers. His lips met hers softly and she sighed softly against his lips. She brought her hands up to his face and looked at him before leaning forward to kiss him back.

Emiko smiled happily and quietly crawled back to the fire to tell the others what was happening. They all smiled and said that it was about damn time those two got it together. By mutual consent they decided not to bother the couple for the rest of the night and they each went to bed down for the night. Sango and Shippo laid near the fire and Miroku sat on the other side of it.

"I'll take first watch" Miroku said and Emiko nodded. She decided to lay down near where Huyana was sitting and watched the flames flicker and dance. Slowly, sleep claimed her as her last thoughts were of her parents.

The next morning...

Inuyasha and Kagome walked back from where they had spent the night (no they weren't doing THAT you hentai!!) and were greeted with smiles from everyone. Kagome blushed softly as Emiko asked how she slept. Miroku whispered something to Shippo and they both laughed causing Inuyasha to blush then growl at the two.

"Well, now that you're up, where to now?" Sango asked.

"We're going back to Kaede's village, for tonight." Kagome said and Inuyasha nodded.

"Okay, you guys pack up your stuff, I'll be right back" Emiko said as she walked through the trees to a small clearing where she could freshen up a bit. As she dropped her bag on the ground next to her and went to take off her shirt she caught the smell of something vaguely familiar. She whipped around just in time to see the staff coming down and hitting her, then the world went black.