InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Darling Emiko ❯ Meeting Uncle Sesshoumaru ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Emiko came to slowly. She heard voices first, one voice berating another. The second sounding whiny as it pled with the first. "Look my lord, she's awake" the whiny voice said.

My lord? She thought as she opened her eyes. She bit back a moan of pain as her head throbbed. "What do you want with me?" she asked as her eyes started to focus in on the shadowed figure on the other side of the room.

"I want your friends to come and rescue you." the first voice said as the owner of the voice came into view.

"Oh no!" Emiko gasped as she looked in shock at the owner of the voice.

"Oh, so you know me?" he asked smoothly.

"Who wouldn't know you, Lord Sesshomaru" she said as she tried to sit up.

His face remained impassive as she slowly stood up before him. "You know my name, but I don't believe I have yours." he said

"That's because you wouldn't know it even if you heard it." she told him shortly and glowered at him. So, this is Sesshomaru, lord of the western lands. Gods, I hope the others aren't coming here now "My name is Emiko" she told him and left it at that.

"You are correct, I don't know that name" he said softly "but you do look familiar. You are a half-breed correct?" he asked in a soft, mocking tone.

"That's what some would call me, yes." she said calmly. the last thing I need is this creep getting me mad "So, what do you expect me to do while we wait for Inuyasha and the others to get here?"

"You are going to stay here where I can keep an eye on you. I've heard about the half-youkai girl that travels with Inuyasha and that she is very tricky."

Emiko sketched a mocking bow. "Coming from you, I'll take it as one of the highest compliments" she said with a smirk and sat down on the floor. She noticed that the fools didn't take her bag away from her and pulled it into her lap. She took out her Walkman and popping the earphones into her ears promptly decided to annoy the living shit out of Sesshomaru.

She pushed play on the tape of mixed songs and started singing along to Spice Girls. Just when she got to the "If you wanna be my lover" part the earphones were ripped off her face and Sesshomaru was glaring at her.

"I think maybe you should be locked into a room after all" he said as he crushed her Walkman. Emiko glared at him and stood up.

"I want to stay here, I will NOT go to a room to be locked up!" she said as the owner to the whiny voice grabbed hold of her shoulder.

"Jaken, please escort our 'guest' to the spare room" he said softly. Emiko shook of Jaken's grip and glared at Sesshomaru.

"I can walk on my own thanks" she growled at the little toady as he shoved her down a hallway and into a small room. After hearing a key turn and the lock click Emiko looked around the room. She looked around with a sly grin.

Ah! The office! she thought as she looked out the window and recognised the view...sort of. There weren't quite so many trees the last time she looked out the window. And no bars.

"Heh, like that will stop me" she muttered and decided it was time to leave. Looking at the bars and deciding that the distance wasn't big enough to squeeze through she started singing as loud as she possibly could.

"To be hurt, to be lost, to be left out in the dark. To be kicked, when your down, and feel like you've been pushed around. To be on the edge of breaking down, and no there to save you! No you don't know what it's like, welcome to my life!!" as she sang, she started picking away the mortar around the bottom of one of the bars. She continued singing "Welcome to my Life" as she shimmed the bar until she thought she had enough room to squeeze out.

No one came to see what I was singing about? Wow, I could have been commiting suicide with that song. she said herself as she picked up her bag and looked out the window. Shit, I forgot that I was up high she thought and saying a small prayer hopped up on the sill to shimmy out arms first. As she was just about out, Jaken decided to pop his head in to bring in a tray. (wouldn't do for Sesshomaru to starve her before he killed her friends now would it?) He watched as her foot disappeared out the window and he ran over to the window. She hung from the outer lip of the window as he looked down she gave him the victory sign, winked then pushed herself away from the outer wall.

She flipped herself over so that at least she'd land on all fours instead of on her back and prayed that the fall didn't kill her. With a loud OOF she landed and rolled until she was in a crouch. Jaken was no longer at the window, and that meant that he had gone to get Sesshomaru. Ah damnit! she said as she stood up. No broken bones, but her ribs hurt from that roll. Worry about that later you TWIT she thought as she took off at full speed.

Knowing the area 400 years from now is all well and good, but it doesn't do you any good when all the landmarks are covered with trees. She ran on trying to get the scent of the river that flowed near there.

"Ah! This way she thought and ran off that way, zigzagging around in an effort to confuse her trackers. She could just about smell the river when she ran out of the trees to a small clearing.

"ACK!!" she cried as she skidded to a halt at the top of a cliff. "When the hell did this cliff get here!!" she cried. She could hear someone coming behind her and looked over the edge. "Ah SHIT!!" she yelled and jumped off the cliff.

Jaken looked over the edge of the cliff and saw the remains of her leather pants and flotsom from her bag floating around the rocks below. "She couldn't have survived that fall" he said to the others and they all nodded to report back to Sesshomaru.

Emiko was crouched behind some of the rocks, her skin scratched and broken, her new leather pants ripped off below the knees. She had teared them and dumped out her bag in hopes that they thought she was crushed. "Idiots" she said scornfully and stood up. She looked down and with a sigh, took off her boots and socks. Best to go without them, no tracks she thought as she made her way up river, alternately walking in the water and jumping from one side to the other.

"Bah, father wouldn't have just let them do that...chances are Sesshomaru won't either" she said as she looked up at the sky. The sun was starting to set and she looked around woridly. She'd been on her own before, and wasn't looking forward to trying to track her father and companions down. I sure hope they didn't decide to come back for me. she thought as she made her way up river. I know if I follow this river I should find myself at Kaede's village soon enough. and with that she started moving faster to try to get back to the village before Inuyasha decided to do something stupid.

Earlier that day, as Emiko was arriving at the home of Sesshomaru...

"What do you mean she's GONE!?" Inuyasha yelled.

"I mean she's gone, and she left this behind" Miroku held up Emiko's Kwan Dao.

"She would never have left willingly without it" Sango said. Shippo nodded.

Inuyasha looked worriedly. "I'm going to check out where she was" and he went to the clearing where she disappeared, the others following behind him.

He crouched on the ground and sniffed around. "It was Jaken." he said.

"But that means" Kagome started

"Sesshomaru!" Inuyasha growled low in his throat. "that bastard!" he yelled as he started to follow Jaken's trail.

"Inuyasha! You can't go after him now!" Kagome yelled as she followed him.

"I have to! I can't just leave Emiko with him!" he said

"But you know what tonight is!" she said as she ran around him to stand in front of him.

"Emiko is a big girl, she can take care of herself." Kagome said, although from the look of her, she too was worried. Sesshomaru was very evil. Who know's what he had planned.

"We're all worried about her" Miroku said.

"This could also be a trap for you" Sango added.

Inuyasha turned and looked at her. "A trap?"

"Yeah, maybe Sesshomaru decided that the best way to get you was to kidnap one of your companions. Who know's if she was truly the target. Besides, remember, we're the only ones who know who her parents are."

Inuyasha sat on the ground with a thud. "I can't just not do anything!" he said sadly and Kagome hugged him.

"I know how you feel Inuyasha, but we have to trust that she'll be okay." He nodded sadly and stood up.

"If she was to escape the first place she would go would be to Kaede's village" Miroku said.

"Yes, she knew that we planned on going back" Shippo added.

"We should go back like we planned and if she doesn't join us by tomorrow, then we will go after Sesshomaru" Kagome said fiercely.

Inuyasha looked at Kagome's fierce expression, and nodded. "Yes, then lets go" He handed the Kwan Dao to Huyana.

"You carry this for her" he said and turned and they headed back to Kaede's.