InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Darling Emiko ❯ Bye Uncle Sesshoumaru! ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Emiko ran along the bank of the river, heading east back towards the village where her friends were (hopefully) waiting. She paused every once in a while to catch her breath. Her bare legs were freezing. Just as the sun was coming up she smelled something familiar. They did go back! she thought happily and climbed up the bank of the river.

She paused for a second and looked behind her. She wasn't sure if anyone had been trailing her or not, but it wouldn't be wise to go straight to the village. She really didn't want Sesshomaru's flunkies attacking the village. She turned to run towards where the Well was when her legs gave out. She fell to the ground with a short cry of surprise.

Damnit! I used to be able to run all night without problems...I must seriously be out of shape she thought angrily as she slowly stood and walked towards the Well. Her body started to feel the aches and pains from the cuts and bruises that she had ignored on her trek here. Ugh, gods curse my luck! she thought as she finally made it to Inuyasha's tree. She slowly sank to the ground as her tired legs couldn't hold herself up anymore. I hope I wasn't followed was her last coherent thought as she fell into a deep sleep.

Inuyasha woke up as a familiar scent came to his nose. He jumped up quickly and ran to the Well where he found Emiko. Her arms and legs were scratched, her tail was wet, and her pants had been shredded. He bent over to look at her and sighed as he noticed she was breathing, but she was shivering. He took off his coat and covered her up, then picked her up and headed back to Kaede's.

Kagome was just leaving the house to see where he was when she saw him carrying Emiko. She cried out as she saw them and ducked back inside to tell Kaede.

Inuyasha, Kagome, Shippo, Huyana, Sango and Miroku were sitting around Emiko as Kaede looked at the girls wounds. "She has a couple broken ribs, lots of scratches...it looks like she fell a few times." Kaede then laid her head over Emiko's chest and listened to her heart.

"She'll be fine, she just needs to rest. The poor child probably ran all last night to get here" she said quietly and put a pot of water on the fire to boil.

"So, we have to wait until she wakes up?" Huyana asked

"Yes, when she wakes up, she'll be able to tell us what happened" Kaede said calmly as she added some herbs to the pot and stirred it.

Inuyasha got up and walked out of the house with Kagome following closely behind him. Sango and Shippo decided to go for a walk also, but went in the opposite direction of Kagome and Inuyasha. Miroku and Huyana opted to stay with Emiko.

Kaede looked over at where Miroku and Huyana were sitting near Emiko. "Don't worry yourself, she'll be all right" Kaede said calmly.

"I know she will be, but I still worry" Huyana said softly as he looked down in the sleeping girls face. Miroku hid a smile So he really feels for her too he thought to himself.

Kagome and Inuyasha had walked back to the tree where Emiko was found and sat down. "It'll be okay" Kagome said to Inuyasha as she held his hand. Her statement was said partly for his benefit, but also because she needed to hear the words herself. Kagome prayed that she would be okay, for Inuyasha's sake, and for her own.

Inuyasha snorted "Of course she will be, she takes after me, after all." he said with bravado. He too was worried. She probably went through hell to escape from Sesshomaru, and from the looks of it, ran all night to get here as quickly as possible.

Kagome leaned against Inuyasha and hugged him. "All we can do is wait." she said softly as she looked up at him. He smiled slightly at her and leaned down to kiss her.

Emiko felt herself drifting through a gray fog. She could hear voices around her, Kaede was talking to someone next to her. Who? Miroku? And Huyana? Yes, he was next to her, and she found that strangely comforting. Then she remembered about Sesshomaru, and she fought through the fog to wake up. She cracked open an eye and winced as the light hurt her head. She brought a hand up to her head and tried to open her eyes again.

"You're awake!" Miroku said excitedly as he hugged her tight. She hugged him back and winced as he hugged too tightly and hurt her ribs.

"Miroku! Stop that, you'll wind up hurting her!" Kaede admonished and Miroku backed off looking bashful.

"Here, drink this" Kaede handed her a cup of tea. Emiko looked down and noticed that she was wearing Inuyasha's jacket.

"Thank you" she croaked out then winced at the sound of her own voice. She sipped the tea and was warmed by it. Kaede handed her a bundle of clothes.

"Kagome said you could wear these until you could get new ones" she said and ushered Miroku and Huyana out of the house so she could help Emiko get dressed. Emiko looked at the bundle and laughed. Oh great, a spare uniform and started to get undressed.

After Kaede helped her into the new outfit, Kagome and Inuyasha came back to check up on her. They walked in as Emiko was grumbling something about silly schoolgirl outfits.

"You're awake!" Kagome cried and hugged Emiko. She winced in pain and put Kagome from her.

"Please, no hugs" she said softly as she pointed to where her ribs were wrapped. Then she looked at Inuyasha. "Boy, your brother hates you." she said and he snorted.

"The feeling is mutual." and Emiko nodded.

"He kidnapped me thinking that if he got one of your companions you'd go to him to rescue them." She said and then laughed. "I guess he was a little shocked that I got out as easy as I did." then winced. "Well, maybe not easy" as she thought of her jump from the window, then the jump off the cliff into the river.

"How did you get away?" Inuyasha asked.

"Pure fluke." Emiko said with a smile and sat down. "I annoyed him, he locked me into a room and I squeezed out the window. What I wasn't expecting is the cliff by the river...I'll have to ask why it's not there in my time" she said

Kagome looked at her. "That would explain the broken ribs" she said softly. Just then Miroku walked in smiling with Sango, Huyana, and Shippo. Shippo launched himself at Emiko and she managed to catch him before he tackled her.

"Hey Shippo!" she said and hugged the kitsune boy. "Hey Sango. Hi Huyana." she said with a smile.

"We thought you were a goner!" Shippo said.

"Yeah, you were in bad shape" Sango added. Emiko nodded.

"I can imagine." She said as she scratched Shippo's ears. She then put him down and stood up. "Okay, who has my Kwan Dao?"

"I do." Huyana took it from the corner where it was leaning and gave it to Emiko. She twirled the stick and it shunk back down to 12 inches, and the blade went backto 3 inches.

"Okay, when are we leaving?" she asked the others and they looked at her with a shocked expression. "What? I'm not staying here where that creep can get me, or the village. I say we stop screwing around and get the shards from Naraku." she said firmly.

What are you talking about!?" Inuyasha yelled. "We can't just go there and take them from him!"

"Why can't we?" she asked

"Because every time we've fought against him, we've almost died!" Sango said.

"But, isn't that one of the reasons to fight him? Sango wants him dead for what he did to her family, Huyana wants him dead for what he did to his friends and family, Miroku wants him dead to end the curse on his family, Inuyasha and Kagome want the shards from him. Well, I say we just go and do it now. Sure beats waiting for him to come to us when we're unprepared.If we don't, he's just going to keep toying with us until we do die, and that's one thing that I can't let happen."

"But Emiko, what about your ribs?" Shippo asked.

"Bah, they'll be fine by the time we find that creep." She said and picked up her bag...or what was left of it. Reaching inside she pulled out the small compact and the package of throwing stars. She handed the compact to Kagome "Here, keep this safe for me." then she handed the throwing stars to Sango. "These I think you could use." and Sango took the stars and nodded.

"Okay then, lets go already!" Emiko said and left the house.

The others looked at her for a second and then followed after her. "Man, I swear she's as stubborn as Inuyasha." Sango said to Huyana and he nodded.

"Yes, she is. But maybe that's not all a bad thing" he said softly as he watched her walk ahead of the others, her shortened Kwan Dao in her hands and an angry look on her face.