InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Darling Emiko ❯ Showdown! ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Emiko charged down towards Naraku her kwan dao in front of her, blade set to kill. Inuyasha had Tetsuiga out and was running next to Huyana, who was behind Emiko. The Inu Hanyou's and the Kitsune were running straight towrds Naraku, who mearly sat there. Emiko slid to a stop, and made Huyana nearly crash into her.

"What did you stop for?" Inuyasha asked her. Emiko mearly huffed in annoyance as she stared Naraku dead in the eye.

"Take a wiff, what do you smell?" she said without taking her eyes off of Naraku. Huyana and Inuyasha did as they were told.

"It smells like poison." he said cofused. Just then, Inuyasha caught on.

"It's a puppet made up of his insects!!!" Inuyasha yelled. Concern began to strike Emiko's heart.

"Blech!!!" She yelled, as roots began to snake around her ankles and wrists. "Get away, fast!! And go get the others!!" Emiko yelled, as she twirled her kwan dao and turned it bac to 1 foot, and cut at the roots. But they just kept growing back! Inuyasha ran off at Kagome's scream, but Huyana stayed behind. In his full fox form, he bit at the roots, and used his tail's power of deflection to fight off the roots trying to capture him. Both he and Emiko were distracted when they looked overhead to see Naraku flying with someone screaming in his arms...it was...

"KAGOME!!!!" Inuyasha yelled as he jumped where Naraku was flying and slashed at him with Tetsuiga. Naraku dropped Kagome as if she was nothing, which ticked Emiko off. Sango and Miroku came flying in on Kilala and caught Kagome before she hit the ground. Emiko began to struggle at the roots more violently when she saw Shippo's tiny limp form on Kilala's back. Shippo was Emiko's adopted brother, how dare Naraku hurt him!!! Naraku then summoned a giant scorpion demon from nowhere. Inuyasha immedily set off to kill it, while Sango was flying overhead on Kilala, throwing her boomerang to help Inuyasha. Miroku kept Kagome and Shippo at a safe distance. But it was the scorpion that caught Huyana's attention.

"Yes, looks familiar, dosn't it?" Naraku smiled evily.

"It was you! You sent that scorpion to attack Furu-Kitsune(old fox), and started the whole thing between the Southeast and Southwest lands!! You killed my entire clan!!! I'll kill you!!!!" as Huyana said this, his eyes turned from gold to red, and he lunged for Naraku. Naraku merly threw up his had and a transparent black shield went up around Huyana. When Naraku closed his hand, the sheild was charged with a dark aura that began to shock the fox. He howled in pain. This triggered something in Emiko's mind, like a little red flag went up.

Her breathing had become heavier and it felt as thought her blood was growing hot. She dropped her kwan dao as her youkai blood surged through her like a raging river, and she instinctavly tried to fight it off.

"What's wrong little koinu(puppy)," Naraku teased "am I being to rough?" he then squezzed his hand tighter, and Huyana yelled louder. Inuyasha stopped and looked over to the fox, and was about to go and help when he was knocked aside by the scorpion's large claw. Sango took the opportunity to throw hirakotsu, and it cut off 1 claw before coming back to her.

Miroku had been watching the scene from the side lines. He hated the fact that he was sitting in safty while his friends were being beaten. He had to do somthing, but what? He couldn't use his wind tunnel, since he might suck someone up, and he couldn't fight because he couldn't leave Kagome and Shippo. He looked over at Emiko, who looked dangerously close to losing control, and she was. The only thing Emiko could hear was Huyana's scream. it made her blood pump harder and faster, and grow hotter, until she couldn't take it anymore. Her fangs grew about 2 inches loger, and her claws grew 3 more inches. Silver fur erupted from her body, which was growing bigger than a large horse. Her eyes were glowing blood red, and the roots that once restrained her lay dead on the ground. She ran over to Huyana, and rammed her head agianst the shield, and it shattered. The now weak fox fell to the ground, and Emiko stood protectivly over him as Naraku glared at her. All Emiko knew was that Huyana was hurt, and Naraku had to die. She watched him as he looked over to where her father finished off the scorpion demon with the Wind Scar. Emiko could hear her father's panting as he ran over to Kagome.

"Miroku, you and Kilala get her and Shippo to Kaede fast! Or else they won't make it!" Kilala and Miroku left, while Sango stayed to the sidelines on Inuyasha's command. She was to use hirakotsu when she saw an oppertunity.

Inuyasha was now looking at Naraku. Emiko was still standing over Huyana, and Sango was ready and waiting afar. Naraku smirked as Kagura came out, as if on cue. She used her fan and sent heavy assults on the hanyou, who tried his absolute hardest to dodge them.

Emiko couldn't take it anymore. She lunged at Naraku, jaws open and claws at full extent. Naraku dodged gracefully, and turned to meet Emiko's teeth. She had recovered from her failed lunge much faster than he thought, and sank her teeth into Naraku's shoulder.

with Miroku

Miroku was on Kilala, who was flying as fast as she could to Kaede's. Kagome jerked awake, and felt terribly sick, but she still managed to talk. "Miroku, we've got to go back, now!" she choked out.

"I'm under Inuyasha's orders to bring you to Kaede's-"

"Well now your under mine." she said with a fiercness that sounded like Emiko, as Kilala made a U-turn in mid-air.

Back with everyone else

Inuyasha dogded another attack that surly would have killed him. He was really getting exsauted, and the wound on the side of his chest he recived from the scorpion demon was now beggining to get to him.

Emiko held on to Naraku's shoulder for as long as she could, but the taste of his blood in her mouth was sickining. Naraku then turned to the corpse of the scorpion demon, and opened his robes, exposing his chest. The demonic arua along what looked like the demons soul was absorbed into Naraku. he then turned to Emiko, and pointed his index finger at her, which then shot out acid green liquid. Emiko dodged it and lunged at Naraku again. She slashed across his chest and landed on the ground. Naraku smirked, and then turned his poison shooting finger towards Huyana. Emiko went wide-eyed, and jumped in front of Huyana. As the poison made contact with Emiko's side, thigh, and neck, Huyana opened his eyes, and a Purifacation arrow pierced Naraku, making him scream in upmost pain. Kagome shot another arrow, and it hit him again, making him disappear in a blinding pink light. Everone's attention was turned to the large silver dog, who was whimpering on the ground. As she turned from her full form back to hanyou, the whimpering turned to breathing, and the world turned black.