InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Darling Emiko ❯ Going Home ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Emiko woke up early and walked outside to start her regular morning ritual. It's been 3 days since she woke up, 5 days since the battle with Naraku, and Kagome needed to go home today. Inuyasha wasn't happy about it, but he is beginning to understand that Kagome has to keep up her life in her time, at least for now. Emiko was going back with Kagome and then hopping back to her own time.

She stood outside Kaede's house for a few minutes waiting for the sky to lighten slightly when she heard someone behind her. She glanced over her shoulder and saw that Huyana was there. She smiled warmly at him as he walked towards her and put a hand on her shoulder.

"You've come to see the sunrise with me?" she asked quietly as she turned and hugged him.

He nodded and kissed the top of her head. "You're going back to your time today?" he asked quietly.

She nodded and tilted her head up to look into his eyes. "Would you like to try to come with me?" she asked.

He looked shocked for an instant. "Yes, I'd like that." he said and leaned down to kiss her gently.

She kissed him back, holding him tight for a moment then broke the kiss. With a smile she turned in his arms and looked up from where she stood and watched the sun rise. She leaned back against him and closed her eyes. She knew when she went back that more than likely her father would be wanting to talk to her, but it wouldn't be easy. She was most afraid that maybe things had changed from her being in the past. Another thing was, she still disliked him greatly in the future for not excepting Kigai, and telling her that her marriage wasn't excepted in his lands or his eyes.

Huyana held her tightly and turned his head when he heard sounds coming from inside Kaede's house.

"Inuyasha, I want to go home early, please understand."

"Fine, I'll go with you then" Inuyasha was saying as him and Kagome walked out of Kaede's.

"Morning" Emiko said with a smile.

Inuyasha grunted in response and Kagome smiled back. "Ready to go?" she asked and Emiko nodded.

"Yep! All set to go. We should be back in your time tonight or tomorrow morning" Emiko said.

"We?" Inuyasha asked.

"Yeah, I'm going to try to take Huyana with me" she said softly as they started walking towards the well.

"Why?" Kagome asked and Emiko raised her eyebrow and leaned close to whisper.

"Because I want to spend some time alone with Huyana." she said slyly and winked.

Kagome looked over at Emiko and giggled. Emiko grinned and, grabbing Huyana's hand, walked over to the well after saying goodbye to Shippo, and good luck to Sango and Miroku.

They made it to Kagome's time with no problems. As they climbed up the well, Emiko and Huyana stayed sitting on the edge of the well. Kagome put down her pack and pulled out Emiko's kwan dao and handed it to her.

"Now that you're going to be coming back, maybe you should keep this after all." she said with a smile and Emiko nodded.

"Thanks!" she said and hugged Kagome. Then she waved bye to her and Inuyasha and her and Huyana fell back through the well to Emiko's time.

As they hit the bottom of the well, Emiko could smell the familiar smells that told her she was back in her time. She smiled happily and grabbing hold of Miroku, jumped from the well. At the top, there was the same shrine as in Kagome's time, only looking much older and worn down. Huyana looked around curiously as they excited the small shrine and started down the crumbling stairs.

The first thing he noticed was that Inuyasha's Tree was gone. The second thing he noticed as that there weren't ANY tree's anywhere near here. "What happened here?" Miroku asked as he looked around. The house that Emiko lived in was in bad shape. Boards hung from across the windows. The only thing in good shape was the front door.

"It's been 400 years Huyana, time catches up to everything." She said as she led him to the front door. She turned the knob and said "Open up!" and with a click the door opened.

As they walked through the door, he noticed that they were on a small platform. Just as she shut the door, they started to go down slowly and he grabbed Emiko thinking that they were falling.

"It's okay Hon" she said and hugged him. "It's just a lift to bring us down to where I live." He nodded in understanding and hugged her tight until the lift stopped moving.

As soon as it stopped moving, he hopped off dragging her with him. "I don't like that 'lift' at all" he said softly and Emiko hugged him.

"Another necessary evil. I have to live underground, or else people would be here nosing around! Bad enough the house looks like it should be full of bums, but if someone knew what was down here, there'd be no keeping them out. The door only works for me and my father cause we're the only ones who are in it's memory, but any good hack can get around that." She said as she led him down a hallway and through a door to a parlor.

She flipped a switch on the wall and put her kwan dao down on a table. The lights came on and Miroku looked around as she went through another door. She called his name and he walked into the room after her. She was standing in front of a closet and rummaging through a box on the floor.

"Yes?" he asked as he bent over and grabbed her butt.

She looked over at him with a smirk and tossed a pair of sweatpants at him. "Here, you're taking a shower so until you're clothes are clean, you can wear these."

He looked at the pants as Emiko bent over to grab a t-shirt out. "Here ya go, you can wear this too. I wear these when I'm bumming around the house" she said with a smile and led him to the bathroom.

She flipped on the light and explained how the shower worked, what the knobs were for and pointed out the soap and shampoo. "If you need me, I'll be just outside that door." she said with a wink and walked out to let him clean up. Just as he pulled his robe off, she poked her head back into the door. "Oh! I want those clothes too, cause I'm going to wash them." she said then grinned as she noticed that he was naked.

"Very cute." she said with a chuckle as she picked up his kimono and shut the door behind her. He looked at the door for a minute then shook his head and chuckled. He turned the knobs on, and adjusted them the way that Emiko showed him until the water was the perfect temperature and stepped in to take his shower.

While Miroku was taking his shower Emiko stripped out of the shirt and Kagome's skirt that she was wearing and put on a robe. She hummed happily as she put her and Huyana's clothes in the washer and told it to wash them on delicate. She got back to her room just as the shower was turning off.

"You all set?" she called to Huyana.

"Yeah," he said as he walked from the bathroom with just a towel on. Emiko whistled and winked at him and walked over to him to kiss him.

"You're clothes are there," she said after a couple minutes, "now it's my turn to shower." and with a wink she walked into the bathroom.

As she took her shower, Huyana got dressed and looked around Emiko's bedroom. She had a large bed in the center of the far wall, a door that led into the closet, a dresser against the left hand wall and many different wall scrolls and paintings hanging up along the walls.

The only thing that stood out as odd in the room was the kwan dao that was mounted above the bed. He stood up on the bed to look at it closely. It was very old, but well taken care of.

"That belonged to my grandfather." a voice behind him said and he turned around in surprise. Emiko stood there, her long hair hanging down her back, looking damp. She was wearing the robe she had on when she went into the shower. She walked over the the dresser and pulled out a pair of underwear and a bra from one drawer, and a pair of pants and shirt out of another. She went back into the bathroom, and came back a minute later changed.

"Oh? Inuyasha's fathers?" he asked when she came back.

"Yep, when father got control of the Western Lands, he gave it to me. I always handled a kwan dao better than a sword." She said softly. They started to look at eachother like they were in s trance, then Emiko snapped out of it.

"Maybe we should eat first?" she said with a grin, and he nodded.

"What would you like to eat?" she said as she turned and looked at him.

"Um...whatever you feel like cooking." he said and she grinned.

"Okay, c'mon. I'll show you the house." and grabbing his hand walked from the room with him.

Walking back into the parlor, then through a doorway into what was obviously the kitchen.

"This is the kitchen." she said as she flipped the light on. "You've seen the parlor, my bedroom (she winked at him at that) and the bathroom." She walked over to a little alcove in the corner of the room.

"This is the laundry" she pointed at two machines in the room. One of them running and the other not. "Your clothes should be done washing in a couple minutes," she said as she watched him look at what was inside the washer.

"This washes your clothes for you?" he asked

"Yep! The machine next to you dries your clothes for you." At his incredulous look she added, "It gets hot and turns the clothes around so that they dry in an hour or less."

"Really? That's amazing!" he said as she led him back into the kitchen.

She walked over to the cupboards and pulled out two cups of instant ramen. She laughed as she filled the kettle on the stove. "Sorry, its all I have and I don't ever order out if I can help it" she said as she sat down on a stool near the counter. He walked over and stood in front of her.

"That's all right, I've had ramen before with Kagome." he said and leaned forward to kiss her.

She grabbed hold of his shoulders and leaned into the kiss, holding him tightly. He put his arms around her and started kissing her neck. She sighed softly at his touch and leaned her head back. As his mouth made it's way back to hers she kissed him back and let her hands roam up and down his back.

He held her tightly to him and she kissed his neck and nibbled lightly on his throat. Her hands made their way down and she squeezed his butt and leaned in closer to him. He picked her up and held her close to himself. She stopped kissing him and looked at him, her eyes shining with passion.

"Maybe we can wait and eat later." she suggested and winked at him. He smiled softly at her and nodded. He gently put her down and she leaned over and turned off the stove. Grabbing one of his hands, she walked with him into her bedroom.

All thoughts of eating were lost as they kissed on the bed. Clothes were strewn all over the floor as they made love. Afterwards, they covered up and cuddled with each other until they both fell to sleep.