InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Darling Emiko ❯ A Cold Reunion ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Huyana awoke when he felt Emiko slip out of bed, and started to dress. She put on black brazilian-like jeans, and a shirt that looked more like a kimono top, but it was half cut, and tight around what it didn't show of her stmaoce and chest.

"Where are you going?" he asked, still half asleep.

"To visit an old friend," she said. There was a sudden stiffness in the room."I'll be right back." She gave him a swift kiss on the cheek before she left. She went down the steps of the shrine, and down towards 2 large doors around the corner. She opened them and picked her favortie transportation, her black and silver motorcycle. The bike was all black (it looked like the racing bikes), and it had silver flames on the front part that you lean over, and her plate said BAD-INU. She put on her black helmet, which had silver paw prints with the claw marks on it, and kicked the bike alive. (she had the keys in her poket).

She went through the streets of Tokyo was the fastest way to the non-human mountain side. It only took about 10 minutes to get to her destination. She dismounted her bike, and hid it in a bush, but not before pressing a button she had installed on it to mask the scent of it. The last thing she needed was a youkai to destroy her favorite bike.

She was climbing the steep mountian way with ease, when a scent hit her nose. "State your name." a familiar youkai said somewhere in front of her. Are they joking? she said mentally. Duh! I'm upwind!! "Geez," she teased "I've only been gone for about 3 weeks and your already forgetting about me?" Kouga, the head of the wolf clan came into view. The only difference on his face from 800 years ago was that it matured slightly.

"Emiko?"

"Who else would just walk in this territory?"

"Dam, it seems like forever." Kouga walked up to her and hugged her and she hugged him back "How'd it go?"

"Good. I did everything that I was sopposed to."

"Good. But I don't think you were sopposed to bring back someone."

"What do you mean?" she tried to act inoccent. Kouga pulled her already low shirt gently aside a little to show a dark mark on the groove of her neck and shoulder. "Better not let your father see that." Kouga warned.

"Keh...Like he would care."

"I just saw him a little while ago. He was headed towards you. He said he had a feeling you came back."

"And he's probly following my scent right now. I'm going to get out of here."

"Come back soon, ok?" Kouga said, as he pulled Emiko into a hug. She hugged him back.

"Will do." After their goodbyes, Emiko left. She was half way down the mountian and into a clearing when she sensed something. She turned around to see a very large white dog. He had to be about 4'7" or somthing close to it. He had peircing golden eyes, and a fluffy tail. He looked like an all white Akita. of Alasken Malemute. Right when she was going to walk away, the dog threw back his head and let out a howl. Once he finally stopped, a blur of silver and red was darting around her. Eveytime her eyes were to come into full view of it, it jumped into the corner of her eye. Emiko growled in fustration, and waited until the blur was right in front of her to charge straight out of the clearing.

Emiko growled when she turned around to see the blur running right behind her tail, literally. Even thought Emiko was now downwind, the youkai was moving so fast she couldn't catch its scent. She turned around once more to see instead of silver and red, just a sliver dog. At the last minute, she turned to see the youkai right in front of her. She crashed into him, and fell over. She toppled about 3 times before stopping right on her back. When she looked up, there was the dog right above her sniffing her face. She pushed him away and looked up at her chaser. (you probly already figured it out)

"Could there possibly be anything that I can help you with?" Emiko said with angry sarcasim.

"Yes. You can stop running from me, and just talk to me." Emiko looked up into the face of her father. Now, Emiko could see how much he and her uncle looked alike. Inuyasha was in full youkai form. He looked uncanny to Sesshomaru. But he had no cresent moon, and he still wore his red fire rat kimono, and his eyes held emotion.

"What if I don't want to? And besides, what makes me think you'll understand?" she growled. Emiko had a lot of things that she disliked her father greatly for. Although she explained them to past Inuyasha, future Inuyasha was different. There was a difference between the 2, and Emiko liked the 1 in the past MUCH better.

"Just give me a chance-"

"NO! I did what Mama asked, what more do you want?!"

"Only your forgivness."

"No!" and with that, she bolted off agian, with Inuyasha after her. He made the mistake of grabbing her tail to stop her, which only made her even more angry. She began to wave her tail around wildly, and when she stopped, she sent him crashing into a tree. Unlike Emiko ever did before, she was using her full strength on him. Once he let go, she sent a deadly punch at his head, which he dodged, But not before she tried another one, which landed straight on his chest, knocking the wind out of him. She went for a fatal stomp, and Inuyasha, knowing the strength his daughter had in her legs, rolled to the side. He took out Tetsuiga just in time to use the flat side to gaurd impact Emiko's punch. (gaurd impact: when you block a blow and send the force back at the person. most of the time, it leaves them stunned for 2 seconds.) Emiko kept her dialated cat eyes on Inuyasha, while she shook out her hand and cracked her knuckles. She was breathing heavier than when they started, and she could feel her blood rise once agian. But this time, she urged it on. She excepted her youkai blood to take over, she was calling it. In a matter of seconds, she was in her youkai form, and was sending a thunderous growl towards Inuyasha, who's ears where smashed to his head.

Knowing perfectly well how to handle her in this situation, he lunged at her head, and soared right over her snapping jaws and put a firm hold on her neck, while pinning her to the ground using every once of his strength. Emiko transformed back to her human self, and as soon as she did, she swung her legs around like a windmill, and knocked him to the side. She reached to her belt and took her 1 foot kwan dao out of its shealth, and twirled it, turning it to its full length. Her father got up quickly, unsheathed Tetsuiga again, and prepared himself. While the 2 were in fighting stance, he tried to talk to her.

"Emiko, please listen to me...I'm sorry about Kigai. I never knew that he died, and it's no one's fault that he did die." he was cut off there by the deadly swipe Emiko made at his head. She was fighting, but she didn't have a clear head. Otherwise, he would be really hurt right now. When Inuyasha ducked, he knocked her off her feet and onto her stomace, and layed on top of her, pinning her down. He took her kwan dao and threw it blade first into the ground so her tail couldn't reach it. "I just wanted you to be happy...like I was with your mother. Your mother married young and I wanted you to do the same...so you could spend the rest of your life with someone too. I never knew Kigai...or the relationship you had with him...all you told me is that you won't marry someoe I choose for you. I'm sorry I didn't listen...I'm sorry for the time we lost..."

Emiko was still struggling madly underneath Inuyasha. Those words he was saying was exactly what she didn't want to hear, but they were the words that she needed to hear. She just didn't want to cry...she didn't want to feel grief...she didn't want to open those wounds agian...but if she dosn't, then they will never heal properly. Inuyasha knew that. But she couldn't go on hating him, and he didn't want to go on trying to defend himself from her. She needed guidance...and caring...and most of all, healing. It breaks his heart to see his only child this way. Emiko had stopped struggling. She was now crying. Inuyasha got off of her and held her close, just like he used to do with Kagome. They stayed in that position for a few moments. The wind was swirling around them like arms. Inuyasha could have sworn that in the beginging of the sunset, he saw Kagome's face in the wind, and the face of a wolf in the sun. Emiko had fell asleep in Inuyasha's arms, so he picked her up, and brought her ack through the mountian side to her house, with the white dog at his heels, who had her kwan dao in his mouth.

"I assure you, that my intentions are nothing but honarable...I would never do anything to disrespect Emiko."

"I'm sure you wouldn't...and by the bruise on my chest, I'm pretty sure your wise enough not to tick her off."

"Ofcorse."

Emiko awoke to the voices of her father and Huyana in another room. When she sat up, she felt dizzy, and when she tried to swing her feet off the bed, she noticed something heavy and fluffy on them. She looked at her feet to see the big white dog lying on them. He was staring at her as if to say 'What's wrong?'

"Just who are you anyway?" she asked the dog. His face was all to familiar. Before she could examine it more, her father and Huyana had come out of the kitchen.

"Are you okay?" Huyana asked her.

"Peachy...but I'll be even better if someone tells me why this dog keeps popping up everywhere I look."

"You mean you don't reconize him?" Inuyasha asked half amused and half puzzled.

"No, am I supposed to?"

"You should...he's only your uncle."

"What?" Emiko said disbelivingly, and amused.

"Yea. Sesshomaru died, and was reserected when you used the sword to save him. But for some reason, instead of going back to the evil bastard he was (Sesshomaru growled at this)- quiet you (Inuyasha grabbed Sessomaru's muzzle)- he was turned to a dog. I don't think that you had enough power to restore him completly." Inuyasha finished.

"Aww, he's kind of kawaii." Emiko said with a smile. She scratched him under his chin, and he wagged his tail, which was hitting Inuyasha's face since Sesshomaru stood up on the couch.

"Yea yea, real cute." Inuyasha grabbed Sesshomaru's tail, which made the dog turn and snap at Inuyasha. Sesshomaru's fang bit him right in between Inuyasha's fingers.

"OW!!! You evil jerk!!!" Inuyasha said licking off the blood.

"Well quit goading him!" Emiko said defensivly. Inuyasha grolwed.

"Well, while were on the subject of him, you 2 have got to go back." Inuyasha said fanning his hand around. "I better not have rabies." he added, glaring at his older half brother, who rolled his eyes.

"Go back now?" Emiko asked disbelivingly. She just got home!

"You can wait until tomarrow. But it has to be very soon. Word is that Sesshomaru's looking for you...and you know what danger that could be if your not there."

Emiko nodded. "Then we'll leave tomorrow." She got up and went to the kitchen. "You guys hungry?" she asked.

"You've been here all day, and you haven't eatin?" Inuyasha asked. Obvisouly, is intentions were that they leave tonight.

"We were going to, but we...got distracted...sortta." she said nervously.

"With..." Inuyasha pressed.

"Boy, someone's nosie!" She said as she turned on the water.

"I have a right to be concerned."

"Well, I was doing laundry, and he fell asleep. Then I left. That's it." she said. Well, that's all true. He never said I had to tell him everything we did.

"Uhuh." was all he said.

After the 3 of them ate, the sky was dark. Inuaysha left with Sesshomaru, but not after getting Emiko's bike for her back at the countryside. Emiko and Huyana fell asleep that night in eachother's arms. But just before sleep took Emiko, Huyana nuzzled the mark on Emiko's neck. It was only half finished. If it wasn't completed in the next 2 weeks, then it would disappear. He didn't mean to do it in the first place...it just happened.

"Huyana?" Emiko said, knocking on sleep's door.

"Yes?"

"It's ok...I don't mind..."

"Are you sure? It's a big step...I know about Kigai, and I don't want to hurt you any further. I can wait...all eternity if you want.."

"Kigai will always be my first love...but he is gone...and...he wants me to move on...for my future."

"...I love you."

"I love you too." she said back. She had just finished her words, when she felt his fangs sink into the center of the dark spot where he made earlier. Emiko gave a soft gasp, and then fell asleep. She and Huyana would now be together...forever.