InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Darling Emiko ❯ Sweet Vengence ( Chapter 29 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Inuyasha and Huyana made it back to the village in time to see Miroku start the fire on the mass funeral pyre. As the flames grew higher around the pile of bodies, Inuyasha got a strange sense of foreboding. They had to find Emiko, and soon. First things first though, time to get those Youkai that were talking about her.

He walked behind Kagome and hugged her gently. "I found them. The bastards sat and joked about how they drugged us all in our sleep, and about why Sesshoumaru would want her." he said.

"Do you know where they are," Sango asked as she fingered her boomerang.

"Yes, that's where we're going now." Huyana said firmly. e was resisting the urge to just chrage back there and slice all of their heads off.

Shippou nodded and hopped onto Inuyasha's shoulder. "I'm sure she's okay Inuyasha."

Miroku didn't look nearly as optimistic. He had a very bad feeling about this and told them so.

"Yes, I feel it too," Kagome said softly as they turned away from the blaze. Inuyasha nodded and started into the woods, towards where the three youkai who had joked about Emiko were.

They stopped walking when they could hear the youkai talking. The idiots were still at the fire pit. Inuyasha motioned for the others to stay where they were and silently drew the Tetsusaiga. His eyes glowed gold in the fading light as he crept up on the youkai. He sniffed derisively. They were all drunk. No matter, it wouldn't stop their deaths.

With a yell he leapt towards the short youkai. The youkai looked up right as Inuyasha swung the Tetsusaiga around and lobbed his head off. The head rolled until it stopped in front of the one handed youkai. The youkai looked down at his companions head, it's mouth gaping as blood pooled underneath it.

"You bastards! You will all DIE for what you've done," Inuyasha roared in anger.

The second youkai stood up drunkenly and charged towards Inuyasha. A white and sliver blur came from nowhere with a light yellow streak. Inuyasha turned around just in time to see the youkai fall in to, relvealing Huyana behind him, with blood staining his glowing claws.

He may not have been a smart youkai, but 'One Hand' knew when to beat a hasty retreat and took off running into the woods towards where Kagome and the others watched.

"Idiot! Get back here and die!" Inuyasha yelled and chased after him.

Kagome watched the Youkai run towards where they were standing and notched an arrow onto her bow. She waited until he was in range and saying a prayer to the gods, let the arrow fly.

The arrow hit the Youkai in the shoulder and, with a flash of pink light, exploded with a large BOOM. The youkai's entire right side was gone and he dropped to the ground. Inuyasha ran over to the youkai and pointed the Tetsusaiga at him.

Huyana ran over to Inuyasha and looked down at the youkai on the ground. "Where is Emiko?" he said with a growl.

"S-Seshoumaru has her, and by now she's probably dead." the youkai said and laughed, blood gurgling out of the corner of his mouth. With a roar Inuyasha swung the Tetsusaiga down and cut the youkai's head off.

"Fucking drunk bastard." Inuyasha said and turned from the youkai's body.

"Well, now we know for sure where she is." Sango said.

"Yeah. I guess it's time for me to pay my dear brother a visit," Inuyasha said. "If Emiko is dead, I'll make that bastard wish he'd never been born!"

Kagome nodded, her expression just as angry as Inuyasha's. Miroku leaned back against a tree. "I pray that she'll be all right," he said softly a worried look on his face.

Sango put a hand on his arm and nodded. Kilala gave a soft meow.They all felt that something was very wrong with her, but couldn't do anything until they got to Sesshoumaru's.