InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Other Life ❯ Hope ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
A/N: I'm surprised. I wasn't sure if this story was going to get any reviews at all. Any way, relax people. I only wanted to show you what Kagome's life is like. She won't be with that lady for very long.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own them, all right? Not a single bloody one.
 
Kagome poured some peroxide on one of her arms. As the substance made contact with her flesh, Kagome winced. She gently blew on it until the pain had subsided and then proceeded to do the same process with her other arm and both of her legs.
 
After she had finished, Kagome slowly got up from the stone floor and began pacing back and forth through her room. I don't think I can take much more of this. She may kill me the next time she gets angry with me. Kagome gave a humorless laugh. I bet that would make her happy. Kagome's steps began to slow down as an idea took root in her mind.
 
Why haven't I thought of this before? I feel like such an idiot. I mean, it would be so darn simple to just get up and leave. It's not like any one is watching me besides my mom and she's always to busy trying to con someone into doing something for her.

As Kagome thought about the idea more and more, excitement began to build up inside of her. All I have to do is just pack up my stuff and get out of here. Kagome gave a tiny smile. Actually, now that I think about it, I don't have any stuff to pack up. I can just leave.
 
But then Kagome frowned. Doubt was beginning to worm its way into her mind. Kagome knew that if she was caught, she might as well commit suicide. Or else her mom would surely beat her until she had nothing left to beat. But Kagome didn't care anymore. She was just tired of living a life of pain and sadness. She was sick of it.
 
With her mind made up, Kagome walked straight to the door, and paused. She was taking a big risk and as far as she was concerned, she didn't want to be halfway there and then chicken out. She was either going to do it, or she wasn't. Oh just go for crying out loud!

Kagome twisted the knob and opened the door gently. Closing it just as gently as she had opened it, Kagome began to quietly make her way down the stairs. As she got closer to the bottom, Kagome heard footsteps. She froze.
 
Oh please don't let them come by here. Please, please, please. The footsteps began getting louder and louder and Kagome began to panic. I have to get out of here! Just as she was about to turn around and flee, the footsteps paused. A few seconds later they began to pick up again. Kagome was already halfway up the stairs when she realized the footsteps were getting fainter and fainter. Not closer.
 
Kagome began to shake. Her inner voice began to speak to her again. Get a hold of yourself!Now I want you to turn your skinny little butt around and march right back down those steps. Just pretend like your going to do some chores.

Kagome shook her head. I can't do this. Who am I kidding? I'm not brave. I'm a big fat chicken.

Her inner voice gave a big huff. You are not. A chicken would have been dead right now. A chicken would have given up the battle. You are a very brave person Kagome. All you have to do is walk down the stairs like it's no big deal.

Kagome sniffed. Fine. But if I do get caught, I'm nevertaking your advice again. Kagome forced her still shaking body to turn around and walk back down the steps. As she got closer to the end of the stairway without anyone sounding an alarm, Kagome felt a tiny ray of hope. Maybe she was going to make it after all. Maybe she could actually do this. As Kagome's foot touched the last step, she looked over her shoulder fearfully, expecting to see her mom with that hated stick waving in her arm. But all she saw was an empty hallway. No servants. No nothing. Kagome gave a huge sigh of relief.
 
I can't believe I actually may make it. I'm leaving. I'm actually leaving this hellhole! Kagome smiled happily to herself. It was the first time she had smiled a real smile in months. It felt good.
 
Kagome began walking straight to the door, looking over her shoulder every few seconds to make sure no one was there. After what felt like hours to Kagome but in reality was only a few seconds, she finally made it. Kagome didn't hesitate to turn the knob and open the door. She had to put her hand over her eyes as the sun blinded them.
 
Kagome took a moment to appreciate the beauty of the scenery when she had never been able to do so before. Everything was beautiful. Full-grown trees were scattered everywhere. A mile away, was the angel fountain her mom had bought last year. Birds were chirping and singing songs. Kagome smiled sadly to herself. I really could have loved this place under different circumstances.

Kagome took her eyes away from the scenery and took in a deep breath. She began walking towards the dirt road that would lead her to the city and to a new life. At least, that was the plan.
 
Kagome never saw it coming. A hand shot out from behind her and before she even knew what was happening, she was knocked over the head. She fell forward, unconscious.
 
Her abductor chuckled. "Oh yes, Miss Kagome. Ya won't escape from me this time. I is gonna make sure yer mom gives me what I deserve." He grinned at her with hatred in his dark brown eyes. "An' then when I'm finished, I'm gonna take yer life." He laughed to himself then picked up the unmoving Kagome, making his way to Kagome's adoptive mother's room.
 
. . .
 
"Ms. Sumiko? There is a gentleman here who would like to speak with you. He says it concerns Miss Kagome."
 
Ms. Sumiko glanced up sharply. "Well what are you waiting for man? Hurry up and send the man in!"
 
The butler bowed before shutting the door. It was re-opened a few seconds later and the gentleman was shown in. Ms. Sumiko's beady eyes widened slightly as she saw Kagome over the man's shoulder before putting on the emotionless mask she used for strangers. "Yes?"
 
He grinned. "I have something ya may be missin' lady." He pulled Kagome off his shoulder and set her down in front of him. He had her hands tied up from behind and a greasy gag in her mouth. "I found `er walkin' down the dirt road that leads to the city. I think she was tryin' ta escape."
 
Ms. Sumiko nodded. "Very good; I think you sir. Kagome has been acting strangely lately. But you need not worry. I will hand out the proper punishment." Kagome had regained conscious long enough to hear those hateful words pass through her mother's lips. Her eyes widened fearfully as she looked at her. She already knew what her 'punishment' was going to be.
 
I'm never listening to you again...For once, her babbling conscious had nothing to say.
 
Her abductor grinned. "Well I'm sure ya `ave yer... ways. But I also `ave mine. And it involve me usin' `er body to satisfy ma needs."
 
Ms. Sumiko turned sharply to look at him. "I beg your pardon?"
 
He grinned. "Ya already know what I mean lady. So either ya gimme me her willingly or things is gonna get ugly."
 
Ms. Sumiko frowned. "Are you saying you actually want to have sexual intercourse with her?"
 
He nodded.
 
Ms. Sumiko looked at the man more closely. "I didn't catch your name mister...?"
 
"I ain't goin' to be tellin' ya ma name, lady. Ya could report me ta someone and I don't wants that."
 
She nodded. "All right. I understand. You may have her. But when you finish doing whatever you have in mind, make sure you bring her back so I may punish her also."
 
The man grinned. He had no intention whatsoever of bringing her back. By the time he was through, she was already going to be dead. But just to satisfy the lady, he nodded his head. He picked up Kagome and put her over his shoulder before he walked out of the door towards the back of the house.
 
"You and me is gonna have some fun Kagome."
Kagome didn't give any indication that she heard him. She just stared straight ahead.
 
When he felt he was far enough that no one would hear her screams, he undid the gag and stuffed it back into his back pockets of his worn blue jeans. He gave Kagome a cold smile. "Let's be startin' with yer shirt." He ripped the brown outfit with slow and deliberate care. But the tearing of clothing didn't make Kagome fight or anything. She just sat there on the grass, staring straight ahead. This made the man angry.
 
"Ya better start showin' some kinda emotion ya little slut. Ya be knowin' how ya like this kind o' stuff. So stop tryin' ta pretend ya don't. After all, you was the one who promised me this when we was hangin' together. Inuyasha even said so."
 
Kagome still didn't do anything. If he had been paying closer attention, however, he would have seen the flicker of anger at the mention of Inuyasha's name in her eyes. But he was more concerned with what was in his pants than Kagome's actual responses.
 
The man glared at Kagome. He took his hand and slapped her across her face. "Answer me ya little whore!" Kagome didn't move so much as a muscle. The man looked at her and grinned to himself. This is gonna make her do somethin'. He began to struggle with his belt and had it halfway off when he heard a voice behind him.
 
The voice was as cold and deadly as an iceberg as he said, "Actually mister, it looks to me like the lady doesn't want to do what you have in mind. So I'd advise you to leave her alone unless you'd like for me to do it for you. And trust me mister, if you went with that option, you're going to wish you were a woman because I don't kill women."
 
A/N: All right. That's enough. My hands are killing me. But before I go, I bet you can guess who that voice belonged to, now can't you? I know I can. And as always, review and tell me how it was!