InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Thoughts Before You ❯ I lied.... with the best intentions ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Me: Can I get a w00t! Lol sorry I'm so happy I'm getting reviews it makes me feel… warm… and fuzzy. Or is that because I don't have to work today? Who knows anyways to answer one of your questions, nope, everyone is human. Oh I also have another question of the day. How does Inuyasha have all that hair and not one split end? I mean mine is considerably long, not half as long as his but past my shoulders is long enough, and I have split ends -Tear- but well I think that's his real power if you ask me and the creators of A.S which I don't own. Oh I don't own anything, remember that.
 
On with the story, see I may have been naughty and left it at that part but well… I knew I would be writing today.
 
My Thoughts Before You
 
I lied… With The Best Of Intentions
 
 
“How could you do that!?”
 
It had come out as a shout even though Inuyasha hadn't meant it to. The man in his early twenties was holding on to Kagome's wrist like it was life support he couldn't believe what he was hearing. He had a son! What was Kikyou going to say? She'd kill him for not covering his stump before he humped that's what she would do. All right so it might not be that bad but well, they were teenagers and he used the regular teenage method. He realized he was blushing which made him glare harder at Kagome.
 
“I'm sorry.” Pleaded Kagome it had been just a whisper but it did nothing to placate Inuyasha's anger and frustration, trying to free her hand from his steel grip “I just… I just couldn't tell you, you don't understand.”

Inuyasha was starting to come to his senses; well what senses he had, after all he wasn't thinking strait he was seeing visions of lighting Kagome on fire, sending her off a cliff, that sort of stuff. “Don't you think I have a right to know something like that? You had MY child MY flesh and blood and you don't mention one word of it to me! What the hell kind of person are you?”
 
“You don't understand, if you would stop shouting at me for five minuets I would explain it to you!” Kagome finally felt the tugging hand on her Levi's. She looked down at her worried son and realized she had been fighting in front of him. She promised never to fight in front of him. “Mama, don't cry.” He said in a trembling tone, tears rolling down his chubby little cheeks. She wanted to hug the little boy, as did Inuyasha but the man wasn't going to admit it when he was too completely and totally frustrated with this woman before him. How could she do something like that?

Kagome raised her small soft hand to her cheek and realized she was crying, she didn't know how she would miss something like that. She guessed in all the drama she hadn't paid attention to it.

”Can we talk about this later, when Ky isn't around?” she asked in a low whisper, just audible for Inuyasha to here.
 
“Oh you bet we will talk about this!” he released her from his grip, almost shoving her away as if he were disgusted. “And you are going to be lucky if I don't send for my lawyer in New York and ask him to come down here and make a case to get full custody of Ky.” With that he turned on his heal and marched towards the expensive looking rental car he had been zipping around Evanston Wyoming in.
 
“Mama who was that guy yelling at you?” Asked Ky, Kagome wasn't going to be affected by this, no way. She was putting Ky into his booster seat when he asked the question.
 
“That was your father.” She said calmly.

Ky shook his head and with a voice full of determination she had never head from him before he almost shouted. “No mom! My dad is Kouga!”

She shook her head, “No, Kouga was a replacement daddy, like to stand in while Inuyasha was away. Like a step daddy, but Inuyasha was your real daddy.”
 
“NO!” he shouted. “Kouga's my dad! I'm going to be just like him!”

Kagome sighed, now it was affecting Ky as well. Had she made the wrong choice? “You'll understand later.”
She shut his door and climbed into the drivers seat and gripped the wheel, she sat there a long time with the motor running. The cold realization of the consequences for her choices was finally hitting her being dipped in a cold pool of water and being held beneath the water depths.
 
She could lose her son. If Inuyasha did take this to court for a custody battle she knew she would lose. Even if she forgot the fact that he had a lawyer from New York coming down here what court would chose her over Inuyasha? She was the mother, but that was the only thing going for her. Inuyasha was a well paid publicist in New York, he was about to get a house which she guessed was in a nice neighborhood judging by his expensive clothing he now wore, not to mention he was engaged to be married. Where as she, she graduated from high school and was working as a secretary at the County Complex, living in an apartment and living with a Fireman who doubled as the High Schools track coach.
 
Inuyasha was going to have her baby, all because she didn't want to tell him about it! Her intentions were good, but she guessed that didn't matter if the result was bad. Which it had been. “Why did you come back Inuyasha!” she said as she pulled out of her parking space, heading strait to her friend's house. She needed advice.
 
 
……….
 
 
“You're shitting me!”

Inuyasha was sitting in his car parked out side his hotel, just staring at the large white building before him. “I shit you not.”

”Are you sure?” asked Miroku.

”The kid looks almost exactly like me!” he almost shouted. “Sorry.” He muttered afterwards. “If you could see him you would see what I mean. I mean, how many people do you know with gold eyes? Not many, and the black hair to top it off. I don't know he has my mouth my nose. Everything I mean there isn't an ounce of Kagome in there I don't think.”
 
“Just like you huh? Your sperm must be like Chuck Norris's.”
 
“What the hell are you talking about?”
 
Miroku laughed, “Haven't you ever heard the theory? Chuck Norris's sperm could go through six condoms, a brick wall, the Dallas Cowboys and still impregnate three woman.”
 
“Miroku, can you be serious?”
 
“Well, it was just a thought.” He defended. “Calm down I am trying to help you relax a little.”

”Well its not working.”
 
“What a welcome present.” Continued Miroku clucking his tongue as he usually did when reviewing the facts. “Hi Inuyasha, meet your son. What did you do?”

”I told her I was going to get my lawyer and get custody of him.” He ran his fingers through his hair and groaned heavily. “I didn't know what else to do. I think I might do it to just for pay back, that wouldn't be right though. Taking the kid out of his home because I want revenge, but he is my son. I'm a dad Miroku and I didn't even know.”
 
“Remind me to buy some cigar's for your return.”
 
“Miroku!”
 
“I'm kidding!” Miroku clicked his tongue over the phone, “Now Inuyasha, you see I could get you your son very easily since she hid the fact of his existence from you for so long. As a father you have a right to know if you have a child or not, but would you really want to do that?”
 
Inuyasha sighed into the phone. “I don't know, it pisses me off that's my kid she has and its not like I tried to hide from her. She should have told me.”

”Did you seek her out?”
 
“No. What does that have to do with anything?”
 
“Well, maybe she never told you cause she figured you were off enjoying the company of other woman and didn't want to bother you with the past.”

Inuyasha felt a new twinge of anger. “She still should have told me! That's not an excuse!”

”Its not.” Said Miroku “But it's a reason. Talk it out with her, spend a few days with your son, and bond with him you know? I'll be down in a few days and we can all decide what is to happen with custody and visiting rights and all that because you need to if you are going to tell Kikyou she is going to be a step mom.”
 
Why hadn't he realized it until then? He had to tell Kikyou he figured she wouldn't mind considering she said something about children before. Was it that she wanted them or that she didn't? He couldn't remember. If she did how would she react to someone else's child? There were so many variables. “Don't tell Kikyou I want to tell her to her face.”

”All right.” Said Miroku. “But I have company so I'll talk to you later.”

”Women Company?”

”Is there any other kind?”
 
Inuyasha laughed and closed the phone. His humor soon died when he remembered the little boy he had helped create.
 
 
……….


Sango stared blankly at Kagome for what felt like forever to young Kagome. “Say something.” She finally pleaded.
 
Unbeknownst to Kouga she had told her best friend for years that Ky was Inuyasha's she had to tell someone, it was killing her.
 
Kagome always told her what was going on and she wasn't about to stop now. After all Sango was there when her friends left her to fend for the child on her own because she had been emancipated from her family for not giving up that baby and Kagome was there after the horrible accident. They were practically sisters and that would never change. Not in a million years.
 
“Wow.”
 
“That's not the something I wanted.” Complained Kagome. “I want advice, an offer to help kill him. Something other than `wow' that just depresses me even more.”

Sango shrugged. “Well, we can't kill him, someone would wonder and I gave you advice a long time ago. I told you to tell him didn't I? What did you do? You said `no!'”
 
Kagome twitched, “Sango, you aren't helping. I couldn't tell him. He would have come home, quit his job and never left this hell hole known as Evanston.”
 
“Yeah but, you two would be together and Ky would have been with his real dad-“
 
“And Inuyasha would have been completely miserable.”
 
Sango looked at her distraught friend and sighed. “You don't know that.”

”And you don't know that we would have been together. Besides I have Kouga now.” Kagome leaned back in the couch and held the soft pillow to her chest. She glanced into the kitchen and saw Kohaku entertaining Ky with some old toy cars he had stashed away.
 
“Have I ever told you how much I love your apartment? I wish I could have gotten one here.”

”Kagome, stay focused, what are you going to do about Inuyasha?”

Kagome bit her lip hard before coming to a decision. “Castrate him.”
 
“Kagome!”
 
“All right all right. I don't know, I'll call him and ask him to talk it over go to dinner and explain my reasoning. I'll tell him he doesn't have to do child support I just want my son and he can see him all he wants, but I need to keep him. He's practically my life. Do you think that will fly?”
 
Sango sighed, “You are the one that dated him for four years. You know him best.”
 
“I think it will fly. I just can't tell Kouga yet, you know him he will freak out storm out of the house looking to kick Inuyasha's A-S-S.”
 
Sango whole-heartedly agreed with that, Kouga would flip, that man absolutely adored Ky and Ky felt totally mutual but what was going to happen if Inuyasha did get custody? She didn't want to worry Kagome any but it was likely Inuyasha would get the child if he wanted Ky. She would bring it up later, when Kagome was more stable. Every five seconds the girl was checking to make sure Ky was still in her site as if she could lose him.

”Do you know how to get a hold of him?”
 
Kagome nodded, “It's a small town, he's staying at the Holiday Inn.”
 
“Why isn't he as his home?” Sango still didn't grasp the hatred shared between the two brothers.
 
“Don't go there.” said Kagome. “I have witnessed a few of their fights and well, lets just say it's better if Sesshomaru and Inuyasha stay as far apart as possible is possible.”
 
“What ever happened between those two? I mean they are brothers aren't they?”
 
“Half brothers. I don't know, I have asked Inuyasha a few times and he got touchy.”
 
“I don't think I could ever hate Kohaku.” Said Sango looking to said younger brother. A few years back Sango's family died in a car accident. They were side swiped by a semi her and her younger brother were the only two to survive the horrible accident. Ever since then they had been living on their own.
 
“Go to dinner with him tonight, talk things over with out Ky or Kouga present. Then have him spend the day with Ky the next day so he feels like a dad and what not. After that explain that you want to keep Ky he is after all your baby but your willing to share custody.”
 
Kagome sighed, she hadn't wanted to deal with it period but this was the only way it could be. It was the only thing she could do and she was going to make it work if she had to. “Thanks Sango, you don't think he will really take Ky away from me do you? I mean some times he is a real asshole but I don't think he can be a completely and totally heartless.”
 
“I don't know, you hid his son from him. Is that not hitting you yet?” Sango didn't know how to explain it to Kagome. “Imagine that he was taken from you at birth and they told you he died. Years later you found out he wasn't dead and he was living with Inuyasha how would you feel.”
 
She didn't' want to say it but after realizing her folly she did. “Betrayed.”
 
………
 
 
Kagome looked at her reflection on the mirror; all in all she looked good. Mother hood had agreed with her. She was curvy but because of lack of money she had went back to her high school size.
 
After she had got off the phone with Inuyasha to make dinner plans she felt her nerves wearing even thinner. What if he didn't like her reasoning? Then where would she be? To make the matters even worse Kouga had heard her make the plans.

”Who was that?”
She looked over to him from the handset. “That was Inuaysha.”
 
“You're going to dinner with him?”
She nodded, “Yes, well, I as out to breakfast today and I ran into Inuyasha and Ky was with me.”
 
Kouga blinked but what she was getting at soon hit him. “How did he figure it out?”

”Ky looks just like him, then the fact of his age and all of it just sort of added up. He yelled at me when I told him and well now we have to discuss custody issued. Exactly what I didn't want to do.”
 
Kouga wasn't happy, “We are going to fight like hell to keep Ky you know that right.”

”Yes.” She looked to the floor. “You know that I couldn't give him up with out a fight.”
 
“Do you want me to come with you to dinner?”
 
She shook her head, maybe a little too suddenly because Kouga glared at her. She knew that Kouga was uncomfortable because of the past her and Inuyasha shared. “Relax.” She said approaching him, placing her hand on his cheek. “You and Inuyasha hate one another, it would make things uncomfortable. “
 
It took her a while to get him to agree and now here she stood in her white knee length skirt that was made from the same material that sweats were made from. A brown short sleeved button up shirt and a pair brown sandals that laced around the ankle.
 
“You look beautiful.” Said Kouga as he entered the room.”

”You think so?” she asked, looking over herself in the mirror. “I really hate this skirt, but well, I haven't been to Bon Rico's in a while. Have I mentioned how much I love steak?”
 
Kouga chuckled. “Once or twice a day.”
 
“Seriously though, best part of the cow. Yum, when are you making Filet Minong again?”
 
Kouga thought about it. “How about tomorrow?”

”Yum.” She clasped her hands together and held them up to her chest. “And will you make me peach cobbler?”
 
“Of course.”

”I knew there was a reason I liked you.” She winked playfully at him.

”I thought it was because you liked the way I look in Wranglers.”
 
“No, that's just a bonus, I'm only with you cause you can cook.”
 
“Oh yeah?” he asked raising a dark eyebrow. “Maybe I won't make you cobbler then.”
 
She batted her eyelashes and held out her pouty lip. “Awe Kouga, I like your dimple too.”
 
No strait man on earth could resist that face, and she knew it. Unfair he would get her back for that, just wait Kagome just wait. “Alright but I'm not putting out.”
 
She waved it off, “After a few beers and a helping of cobbler served to you in something skimpy you'll be singing another tune.”

”You know what I like.” He said pinching her butt. She leaned in to kiss him but he pulled away. “Nope, you only like me for my cooking.”

”And your dimple.” She said trying to get another kiss but he avoided it.
 
Kouga shook his head, “No, I have to have some proof that this is a viable relationship.”
 
“I like your ears too.” She said sweetly.
 
Kouga laughed. “Alright that works.” He was leaning in to give her a kiss when he heard a knock on the door. “Damn it.” He went and answered the door. There in New Yorker attire stood Inuyasha. He looked rather irritated to see Kouga there.

”Is Kagome here?”
 
Kouga didn't say anything for a few moments; he merely glared at Inuyasha as if to test him. Kagome finally shoved him out of the way. “Hi Inuyasha. Let me grab my coat.” She said and after a quick dash to the closet she returned. “Do you want me to bring anything back?”
 
Kouga shook his head in the no. “Alright, fine eat Mac and cheese with Ky see if I care.” She teased. “I'll think of you while eating my nice large juicy red steak that moo's when I poke it with my knife.”
 
“Dad's making Mac and Cheese!” Ky ran towards them jumping up and down. How was it that every time food was mentioned the boy came running.

”See what you did?” asked Kouga playfully.

”Awe.” She teased. “I'll bring you back a cookie to make up for it.”
 
“Good.” Was all Kouga would say, still glaring at Inuyasha. “Bye.” The two leaned in and shared a quick kiss. Inuyasha was furious, even though it shouldn't bother him, but Kouga? Honestly!
 
He looked away as the couple kissed and led her to his car once she had shut the door.

”Are you still upset?”

”Would you be?” he asked coldly.
 
Kagome nodded and got in his car, shivering ever so slightly. “I hate the cold weather.” She said. It was March and it was still cold.
Inuyasha revved the engine to life and didn't say anything. Kagome sighed. “Its your turn Inuyasha.”

”What?”

”I commented on the weather, now it's your turn. Talk about your trip or life in New York.”

”I called my lawyer he's coming down in a few days.”
 
That's what she had been afraid to hear. “That's not small talk, that's serious talk.”
 
“Well you should have told me I had a son.”
This was getting old. “Would you stop trying to bite my head off?” she almost shouted. She leaned back further in her seat once it had came out. “Look I had my reasons ok?”
 
Inuyasha snorted. “Oh yeah and what's that?”

”You wanted to get out of Evanston so badly; you had a full ride scholarship to a school in New York all your dreams were coming true. You weren't living under your brothers thumb and I was the one that said once it was over it was over.”
Inuyasha didn't say anything; he continued to grip the steering wheel and drive. Kagome knew this was a sign to keep talking. “I as afraid that if I called you to tell you the truth you would give that up to be with me, to raise our son and be completely miserable working in some dead end job trying to support us while being completely and hopelessly miserable.” She sighed. “What I did wasn't right, I know that, but what would you have done in my situation?”
 
“Not hide it from you.”
“Inuyasha, I didn't hide it from you,” she paused. “All right I did-“

”Damn right you did!” he almost growled.
 
“I'm sorry, nothing can change what I did, but you never once called me. Written! Nothing. I decided I would tell you when you came back for a visit but you never did.”

”What about in the store why didn't you tell me then?”

”I figured it was too late.”
 
They were now in front of the restaurant he turned off the car but the two just sat there. Inuyasha staring ahead and Kagome at him.

”Please don't be mad Inuyasha, I didn't want it to distract you from your dreams.”
 
After sitting in silence a few moments longer he finally turned to her. “Can I at least spend the day with him tomorrow? I'll take him to freaking Chucky Cheese if I have to I just want to spend some time with my little boy.”
 
Kagome smiled, if he hadn't suggested it she would have, “Of course, I'm not going to try and keep him from you. I warn you he is obsessed with Kouga. He wants to be a team roper and a track star.”

”I'll soon show him the error of his ways.” Inuyasha grinned. “Kagome.”

”What?” she was afraid he was going to start yelling again.

”Kouga?”
She rolled her eyes. “Well, how can you turn down a man in Wranglers?” she asked him.
 
The two stared at one another for a moment, something flying through the air but neither admitting what it could be, they didn't want to indulge the old feelings not when their lives were too separate to ever be harmonious.
 
At least now they two could move past the old teenage love and become friends, their son being the only thing they had left in common.
 
……….
 
Me: well that's it, I hope you like so far. Gosh poor Inuyasha, I want to huggle him. So who do you all think Kagome is going to end up with. Kouga or Inuyasha? Oh who knows, not me. Ok I do, but seriously it's not what you expect… unless you expect Nuraku then your right. Ok I'm kidding I'm not that messed up in this fic.