InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Thoughts Before You ❯ The Beast and the Harlot ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Me: Hello all, and welcome to another chapter. Thanks for reading thus far it means the world to me. Well enjoy and Review, I love reviews they make my day grand.
 
My Thoughts Before You
 
The Beast and The Harlot
 
 
 
She was being difficult. He should have expected it but why not be difficult on someone else's time. Thought Inuyasha, he ran his fingers through the thick shaggy black hair and sighed.

”Why do you have to stay another week?” she asked, Inuyasha would see her standing there with that sexy pout on her face. She was so damn gorgeous and she didn't even realize it.
 
“Like I said, a lot has happened down here.” He could tell her right now. `Kikyou you're going to be a step mom when we get married.'
 
His mind and his heart were arguing, if he told her now as his mind was telling her it would give her more time to prepare herself for it but if he didn't tell her on the phone at this moment like his heart said then he could tell her in person and this type of news was person news. He wanted to see her reaction to the news of his son. “I haven't even gotten out to my brothers place yet.”
 
He heard the exasperated sigh and decided she had given up on her argument to get him home as soon as possible. “What do you mean? What's wrong?”

Inuyasha leaned back on his bed, “Well I was looking into our family estate and I saw that it's going to be a little bit more complicated to get my inheritance.” The matter of his family inheritance was the main reason he had returned to Wyoming.
 
“What do you mean?” she asked again, wondering what could be hard about getting the money that had been left to Inuyasha.

How was he going to explain this, she didn't get his fathers obsession with swords. “I was going over the will and I saw that the only thing my father gave me was the family heirloom valued at well over $400,000 because of it's age and history and all that.”
 
Kikyou didn't understand, “An heirloom, well what is it a house? What could be worth all that money?”
 
“A sword.”
 
“Are you kidding me? A sword is worth all that?”
 
“Yeah.” He answered. “It is, and I can't sell it because well, it's the family heirloom to be passed to my kid.” He paused; he would pass that on to Ky.
 
That sword, the sword him and Sesshomaru were in this huge fight over was going to be given to his son, his and Kagome's son. He smiled to himself; the idea of him having a son was finally hitting him.
 
“Inuyasha?”
 
“What?”
 
“Why do you pass it on?”
 
“We just do, always have always will. It's been in the family for over 500 years. I can't just get rid of it. It's supposed to passed on to the first born son.”
 
“But your brothers older than you, why didn't he get it?”
 
This was confusing her, and he really would rather not talk about it. He was just digging up bones. “He is, I don't really know why it was given to me and not him. He got another family sword but it's just not the one he wanted, it's not worth near as much as this one either. I think that's why my father gave him the rest of his possessions because he felt bad that he didn't give it to him.”
 
“So what's the problem you were talking about with getting your inheritance?”
“I can't get it until Sesshomaru claims his own, and he hasn't yet.”
 
……….
 
“How about we send the babysitter with the two of them.” Offered Kouga, he was watching Kagome move about the kitchen putting away dishes. “Or how about, we just don't let him pal around with Ky at all.”

Kagome laughed at him. “You are the one that wanted me to tell him in the first place.”

”Yeah, but I didn't think you would actually listen to me. Its not like you ever do. I was trying the whole `reverse psychology' you know?”
 
“I'm so sure.” She teased, “Want some more coffee?”

He handed her his empty cup. “If you wouldn't mind.” Once he had it back in his hand he began to speak again. “Well, you don't listen to me, but that's not the point.”

Kagome sat across from him stirring her tea. “And what is the point Kouga, god divine?”
 
“I don't want you spending the day with that damned Inuyasha, that's the point.”
 
She laughed again. “Awe, poor little fella, is you jealous?”
 
“Never been jealous a day in my life.” He took a long sip of the black coffee. Kouga was a man; he wouldn't make something so bitter taste any sweeter because, well, as said before, he was a man. “Don't try and change the subject.”
 
“Alright, I'm sorry, and why don't you want me spending the day with Inuyasha and Ky?”
 
“I can give you five reasons off the top of my head why it would be a mistake.”
 
She took a sip of the warm tea and sighed. “Alright shoot.”
 
“One: Because he is a dick. Two: because he is now a New Yorker and we just don't like cowboys gone city slicker. I bet he can't even saddle a horse properly.”
 
“I didn't know he could in the first place.”
Kouga shot her an evil look and she bit her lip, it was all she could do not to giggle. “Anyways, three: because Ky and him don't need supervision. Four: because I don't like Inuyasha, never have and never will. Finally five: I don't trust him.”
Kagome stood up and kissed Kouga on the cheek. “And reason number five makes all other reasons void concerning the welfare of our child.”
 
That was the first time when making preference to Ky she had ever said `our child' to Kouga. He thought his heart was soaring somewhere in his throat.

”Why are you looking at me like that?” she asked him, narrowing her eyes playfully.
 
He jumped up, causing her to jump back. “I'm just going to have to teach you a lesson.” He said, grinning devilishly. “Come here.” He started to chase her. She squealed and took off out of the kitchen into the living room, around the coffee table, back through the kitchen and into their bedroom when he finally caught up with her and tackled her onto the bed.

He was tickling her viciously when they both heard the `mom' from the room next to theirs. “Oh get off of me.” She said, shoving him off of her. “I need to tend to the child you woke.” She kissed him on the mouth before heading into Ky's room.
 
……….
 
“What ya doing?”
Miroku looked up as Kikyou walked into his office. He then offered her the suave smile he gave most women callers. “Getting ready to leave.” He informed her. “What are you doing?”

”I came to see if Inuyasha has talked to you recently.”

”He has, why hasn't he been checking in enough for you?” Miroku and Kikyou had never gotten along because he was a lawyer and she was a reporter for the New York Time. You can understand where he was coming from. If she weren't always on record he would have liked her a lot.

”No, not that.” She said, sitting on his leather couch. “I just want to know if he has talked to you about the problem he's having with his inheritance. Apparently he can't get his fathers last gift to him unless his brother accepts his inheritance as well. Isn't there something you can do?”
Miroku looked out the window of his corner office and gazed into the noonday sky. Yeah, he probably could, he could use that as the excuse for why he was going down to Inuyasha's. Yes that would work splendidly. “Yeah, actually I'm heading down there to take care of his affair's.”

Kikyou suddenly perked up, “You're going to see him! I'm coming too.”

Miroku mentally kicked himself he shouldn't have said anything. He just figured that Inuyasha had told her that he would be down to Wyoming soon. “Are you sure?” He said, trying to be nice, but well, this was going to be a long trip if she did come. “I mean Wyoming is all red necks.”
 
She shook her head, “Of course I'm sure. I miss him, besides I have enough columns written to last me three months. I need a vacation.”

”This isn't the beach Kikyou. This is a small town with about as many fast food restaurants as you have fingers on your left hand.”
 
“Inuyasha lived there for 18 years and managed to keep himself occupied. I'm sure I can do it for a few days.” She said.

Miroku sighed. “I'm assuming you can't be detoured. Inuyasha won't be able to spend much time with you because we will be going over legal stuff.”
 
This seemed to stop her. “I don't want to get in the way of you two.”
 
Score one for Miroku. “I'm sure Inuyasha wouldn't think of it as getting in the way.”
 
“No, that's alright, you go I'll stay here.”
 
……….
 
“Are you sure that kid's not on crack?” Asked Inuyasha. He was walking next to Kagome; they had driven to Salt Lake City, Utah to go to the Zoo and Ky was absolutely thrilled. The young boy in the bright yellow Columbia jacket and white and orange texas long horns hat was standing outside the bars that looked out onto the tigers.
 
Kagome hit Inuyasha on the shoulder. “Your son is not on drugs.”
 
“Ow.” He said, “but seriously I don't think I have ever seen a kid act like this.”

”How many kids have you been around?”

”I baby sat my cousin once.”
 
“Inuyasha, this is your son and he's three years old. Him getting excited about a twig wouldn't be that strange.”

”If you say so.”

”I do.” She looked at him. “he looks just like you.”
 
“You think so?”

”Yeah, I had really hoped that he had my legs, my nose, my lips, my hands, oh and my ears.”

Inuyasha looked at her. “And what of mine did you want him to have?”

She pursed her lips and crinkled her nose as if to think about it. “Well. I guess having your eyes wouldn't be so bad, but the rest really should have looked like me.”
 
Inuyasha shot her a dirty look. “I'll have you know that my legs are quite renowned in New York. I'll even have to admit they turned a few heads.”
 
“And so modest too.” She smiled at him and he returned the smile. She stared into his eyes for a moment too long before her son finally caught her attention with his `look mom' chant. Turning to look at Ky so she could hide the fluster that was rising in her cheeks as it always had when she stared in those beautiful eyes. “So what are we going to do when you leave?”
 
Inuyasha tried to shake the thoughts he had just been having out of his head. Thoughts that said she needed to be kissed. “I really don't want to think about it now Kagome, ff that's all right with you? I'd rather have a good time with you and Ky today.”
 
It was times like this that she didn't know if she wanted to hug him or slap him. He was avoiding the situation because he didn't want to deal with it, but he was avoiding it because he just wanted to think about her and their son.
 
“Ok, but you can't avoid it forever.”

”I know. I'm not going to take him from you so you can just rest your mind.”
 
Relief washed over Kagome and she physically let out a sigh of content. “Thank you.”
 
“Mom!” Ky came running towards her. “I have to go potty!” he said grabbing her hand. Kagome decided this would be a perfect time to get Inuyasha back for leaving her a long time ago.

She turned to him and grabbed his sleeve. “You wouldn't mind would you? I mean you're a boy and can go in there with him. He hates having to go with the other girls.”

”I'm not a girl!” he said.

Inuyasha looked at her with pleading golden eyes but she didn't give in. “Inuyasha will take you.”

Ky made a V line in a direction he hoped the bathrooms were in. Inuyasha then chased after him. “Wait!” he shouted, he grabbed the boy and lifted him into his arms. After searching a few minuets he led them off in the right direction.
 
Kagome smiled as she watched Inuyasha struggle with fatherhood. She sighed, she didn't want to but she couldn't help but compare him to Kouga. Though it wasn't fair to either she noticed that in some categorized Inuyasha paled to Kouga. Like when it came to flirting Kouga was smooth. He could make her giggle at will and always knew what to say and when. It was what most women but he wasn't good at the romantic things, or small things. He would forget to call sometimes, and even though it wasn't a big deal to him it was to her. She just never said anything.
 
She was a girl who loved the little things and that was where Kouga lacked and Inuyasha succeeded. When her and Inuyasha were dating he would bring her flowers once a week, and when she asked why he would say `A girl needs flowers once a week just because.' Something he said his father had taught him. When she felt sick he would bring her crackers and seven up, and even though all the other times of the day he never knew what he was doing, and ever move seemed out of place. Their kisses were unplanned and perfect. They had arguments though, big ones, Inuyasha felt as if he should choke her and she wanted slam his head into the cement. The two didn't take long to apologise afterwards, about five minuets.
 
When her and Kouga fought it wasn't as bad, they would have silent wars where the two could go with out talking for a week just making it worse.
 
She was disturbed from her thoughts when she saw Inuyasha coming back with a large wet spot on his button up shirt. She began to giggle and held her hand to her mouth. “What happened to you?”

Inuyasha pointed to Ky, he was holding his fathers hands and looking around bright eyed with child like wonder. “That happened to me. We were on our way to the bathroom and he peed on me.”

Kagome full out laughed, she looked at Ky's stained pants. “Oh wow.”

Inuyasha didn't seem to think it was as funny as Kagome did. “I cleaned us up as best as I could but well, as you can see I still look like I got peed on.”

She took Ky. “Lets go get you a new shirt and him a pair of pants.”
 
After fifteen minuets of protests from Ky Kagome finally convinced him to leave the zoo and they made a quick trip to K-mart to pick up a shirt and a pair of pants, after dinner the three headed back to Evanston.
 
“I'm sorry.” Said Kagome, she leaned back into the back seat and placed a blanket on Ky's practically lifeless body. “For the pee incident, but well, you can't say you're a parent until you have been peed on.”
 
“It's alright.”
 
The trip there had been easy, country music was playing and Ky had been singing along happily, chit chatting when he didn't know the words, which was most of the time, and coloring. Now they were in silence and the only person Inuyasha could focus on was Kagome.

”So, what's the deal with you and your family? I called your house after I went to college and they said you didn't live there anymore and they didn't have a forwarding number or address to get a hold of you” he finally asked. “How did that happen?”
 
Kagome turned her head to look out the passenger window. “Well, a month after you left I realized I was pregnant. I told my dad and he told me to give up the baby when it was born.”
 
Inuyasha stared at her, he couldn't believe her father would do that.
 
“I refused as you can tell and I moved out. You know those apartments in that old hospital; well that's where I lived. Kouga would come and see me every day; he would bring me food, movies, and basically just give me company.”

”Why didn't you ever get a hold of me? I mean even if you weren't going to tell me about Ky. why didn't you just call?”
 
Kagome sighed. “I don't know, I guess I figured it was all water under the bridge.”
 
She cleared her throat and wiped back the tears that were forming. “So, tell me about this girl your marring. Is she going to be a good step mom?” That was code for, is she better than me?
 
Inuyasha thought about it for a moment. “I met her after I first started working as a publicist. She is a reporter for the New York Times and was clinging on to a doorway trying to get these people to talk to her for an interview. She had two security guards holding on to her and trying to pull her off my boss's door. I told them to leave her alone and she asked me to dinner. I figured it was just to try and get me to talk but well, one dinner led to another and finally I asked her to marry me. That was about a month ago.”
 
Kagome's mouth dropped, she turned and felt his forehead. “Inuyasha, are you alright?”
 
“You know what, Miroku said the exact same thing and I want to know what's so wrong.”

Kagome shook her head. “I guess there would be nothing wrong with it if it were anyone but you.”

He glanced at her, and Kagome could see that look in his eyes. It was a challenge saying oh yeah, and why can't I do it if other people can? This would lead to a fight if she weren't careful. “What do you mean?”

”I mean.” She started. “That I know you better than most people I know that you don't rush into decisions, let alone commitment with out plenty of thought. That's all I'm saying.”

Inuyasha seemed to calm down. “Well, I didn't need to think about that. If you knew her you would see why.”
……….
 
“Oh you should have heard him it would have made you sick.” Said Kagome, she was pacing her Sango's living room. “She's so great, she's so wonderful I only met her a month ago and I had to just ask her to marry me! Can you believe that? I have at least known Kouga for years and we have been engaged for three of them!”

Sango didn't know if she should just hide behind the couch or sit there with a catchers mitt to mach sure she didn't thrown anything and break it. “Calm down Kagome.” She pleaded.
 
“How can I calm down?!” she sat down on the couch and sighed. “How could he say that to me! I dated him for four years and he just out right says that to me! What was he thinking? I thought he would have exercised some care while answering.”

”He's a guy.” Said Sango. “Guys can't be expected to say the right things all the time.”

”Yeah well, Inuyasha should have learned how to deal with me by now.””

Sango looked at her friend. “You need to stay away from him.”

That got Kagome's attention, she paused. “What are you talking about?”
 
“I'm talking about you and him. You and Kouga have something great and you are going to ruin it if you and Inuyasha keep seeing one another. Your still in love with him.”

”I am not.” Said Kagome firmly. “I mean, I care for him deeply, I always will. I have the greatest respect for him, when he asked about Kouga I avoided it so I thought he would have the same respect for me but obviously he doesn't.”
 
“Than having him back here is messing with you head.” Stated Sango. “The sooner he gets out of here the sooner you can get back to normal.”

”What do you mean normal?”
 
“I mean your acting like you did in high school. Complaining about him one minuet then thinking he can't do any wrong the next.”

”No he can do wrong.” She stated.

”What did he say about Ky?” Sango thought it best to change the topic
 
“He said I could keep him, he just wanted visitation rights.” She smiled. “I praised who ever watched over us all when he agreed to that.
 
……….
 
“I'm such a fool!” said Inuyasha; he was pacing his hotel room. Miroku was sitting at the table provided by the hotel drinking a coke and getting a large amount of amusement out of all this. “She was here the whole time, I was just too much of an idiot to keep looking for her! How could I just abandon her when she was having my kid?”
 
“You didn't know.” Said Miroku.

”That's not a good enough excuse.” Growled out Inuyasha. “I'm such an asshole. She needed me and what was I doing? Screwing around in college.”

Miroku held up his hand. “Come on now, you weren't screwing around all the time. I mean I remember you working once or twice.”

Inuyasha growled then threw a pillow at him. “Would you shut up? I'm serious here.”
 
“Me too.”
 
“What am I going to do?”

”Leave Kikyou and come sweep Miss. Wyoming off her feet.”
 
“That's not an option.” He turned to Miroku, then a knock sounded on the door.

”Speaking of Kikyou.” Said Miroku standing up and stretching, “She's here.”

Inuyasha narrowed his eyes then pointed to the door. Miroku nodded, “Yup, she couldn't get on my flight so she took the one after it. Surprise!”
 
“You'll get yours Miroku, just wait and see.”

He shrugged then picked up his coat. “Well I'll be back in the morning, have fun until then. Oh and she doesn't know about Ky. So don't worry.”
 
Inuyasha opened the door and saw Kikyou standing there in the glow of the overhead lights, pulling her coat tight around her shoulders, her ebony tresses falling from her braid. “Hey.” She mouthed to him.

He smiled at Kikyou and she came in the door. “Bye Miroku.” She said as he walked out the door and waved to them both. “Night.”
 
“What are you doing here?” Inuyasha finally asked, “I mean I wasn't expecting you to come here.”

”Well.” She said. “I missed you and I wanted to see this Wyoming you talked so fondly about. Besides when Miroku said he was coming I had to come as well. I'm only staying for a day or two though. I didn't want to get in the way of your business I just had to see you.”
 
Inuyasha hugged her and kissed her gently. “Well it was a great surprise, and well, I have one for you too.”
 
Kikyou smiled at him. “Oh yeah, and what's that? Diamonds?” she teased.
 
Inuyasha shook his head. “No, but this will take your breath away too. Or shut you up as Ron White puts it.”

”Ron White?”

”He's a comedian.”

”Never heard of him.”
 
“Well.” She shook his shoulders. “What is it.”

He went over to his bed and sat her down. Once she was sat down he walked over to his wallet and pulled out a picture of Ky Kagome had given him earlier that day. Well back in high school I dated a girl here for a while actually and when I left for college something really big happened to her that she should have told me about but never did.”

Kikyou wasn't stupid; she was catching on to his meaning but didn't want to jump to conclusions. “What are you talking about Inuyasha?”

”She had my kid.” He handed her the picture of the golden-eyed boy. “His name is Ky and he will be turning four this April.”

Kikyou slumped onto the floor after she had passed out.
 
……….
 
R&R