InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Thoughts Before You ❯ Need a moment? ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N so I was watching this Twix commercial today and I'm sure plenty of you have seen this one, its where the guy is coming home at five thirty in the morning and his GF wife whatever waked up and says “are you just getting home?” and he pulls his pants back up and replies “No, just heading to work early.” Did anyone else get the image of Miroku during that? I totally did. It made me laugh.
 
My Thoughts before you
 
Need a moment? Chew it over with a Twix
 
 
The early morning sun light came in through the blinds and awoke Kikyou. She groaned and looked to the pillow next to hers. Had Inuyasha come home at all? Shifting out of bed she walked into the bathroom to get ready.
 
He couldn't screw things up before they got married, it had to happen afterwards. She brushed out her hair roughly, wondering what she was going to do if he started to screw things up. It had to be Inuyasha; Nuraku had asked her to target him specifically if she failed now he would not be pleased with her.
 
The door to the hotel room opened and gave her a bad scare, so bad she threw her brush at Inuyasha in reaction to it.
 
“Good to see you too.” He rubbed where the brush hit him in the head.
 
“Where were you last night?” Kikyou leaned on the door frame of the bathroom, her arms folded and staring sternly at Inuyasha.
 
“I went to Sesshomaru's.” Inuyasha lied. He walked over to Kikyou and gave her a kiss good morning.
 
In truth he was at Mirkou's complaining about the whole situation. He had never been so confused in his life. There was even a point where he wondered why he couldn't just keep both women around.
 
Needless to say it sounded worse that he had originally meant it.
 
“I'm heading back to New York today.” Kikyou walked back into the bathroom and began dressing in her grey designer suite. “Inuyasha, I was thinking, what if Kagome and your son came to New York to take part in our wedding?"
 
"You want to?" Inuyasha went and sat on the foot of the bed. This was more than he could ask for from her.
 
"Yes, I think it would be a very good Idea. You can go ahead and invite her today if you like, and I think we should pay for the plane tickets."
 
That was the least they could do Inuyasha thought to himself. Inuyasha walked back into the hotel bathroom and began to get dressed. "Me and Miroku are going to go see my brother today. See if we can talk any sense into the prick.”
 
It wasn't a matter of money, he wasn't going to hawk the sword, but it was his and he wanted it. Plus he wanted to secure it for Ky.
 
Kikyou hated it when he talked like a ruffian, “Can't take the country out of the boy can we.”
 
Inuyasha shrugged, “Nothing wrong with that.” He leaned back on the bed and rubbed his eyes. “I'll get her the tickets and go see her today.”
 
“This means a lot to me.” She kissed him, “I want you to know that whatever you choose to do concerning your son I'll be there for you.”
 
“Remind me why you want to marry a rough neck like me.” Inuyasha asked, wondering if what they had was real.
 
Kikyou needed to re affirm the fact that they belonged together, “Because when I'm with you, I can be an ordinary woman.” She answered kissing him again. “And you aren't intimidated by me. Why do you want to marry me Inuyasha?”
 
“Because you accepted me when no one else did, when I came to New York and was finally given a job no one took me seriously because of where I came from. You did though.”
 
Kikyou felt a twinge somewhere inside. “Inuyasha, you are a good man.” Pulling away from him she went to the shower.
 
>>>>>>>>>
Kouga and Ginta made a trip to Suds Brothers Tavern after their shift at the fire station. It was an afternoon ritual they had that would probably never change. What wasn't there to like about this place, good food, good beer, and good music preformed live.
 
“Hi Kouga honey.” Ayame grabbed a couple menu's and led the boys to their usual seat. “Can I get you something to drink?”
 
“The usual.” Kouga didn't even glance up at the red headed girl who fawned over him constantly.
 
In truth there were many girls that fawned over him and he didn't even give them a second glance. There had only ever been one woman in his life.
 
“Hey Ginta.”
 
“Yeah Kouga?”
 
“Do you think me and Kagome are right for each other?”
 
Ginta scratched his head, “I don't get what you mean. She's the only girl you've ever wanted.”
 
“That's what I mean.” Kouga put the menu down. “Do you think I only wanted her cause she was always going after that stupid Inuyasha?”
 
“I'm confused.”
 
Kouga glared, “Never mind!”
 
Ayame came back with their Ale and asked for their orders after she left Kouga noticed something different about the place. Well, not so much different but more like he never notice a certain face before.
 
“Who is that, playing the piano?” Kouga felt like he was seeing a ghost.
 
“Hemi, she always does the entertainment, and she works in the bar. She's even waited on us a couple times.” Ginta shrugged. “You sure don't pay much attention to anything out side of work and Kagome do you?”
 
“I guess not.” Kouga stood up and started walking towards her.
 
“What are you doing!” Ginta called. Oh he hated when Kouga would get up and leave like that! He slumped back into his chair and folded his arms. He would not be pleasant when Kouga returned that was for sure.
 
Hemi played the piano, singing with the house bad the requests issued by patrons. He had never noticed her before, why was that? She was an attractive girl, not as curvy as Kagome but tall and skinny, she had on designer jeans that all them rich folk wore, a tank top showing off her slender arms.
 
He continued to walk towards her; all this time he had been over looking women like Hemi who wanted him instead he forced himself on Kagome because he hadn't been her choice.
 
Now because of his stupid savior complex he had missed out on a lot of things.
 
Kouga was now standing behind her, good hand in his front pocket while his broken am hung limply to his side. He listened as patiently as he could to her sing back up to the song Two Pina Coladas by Garth Brooks. She turned back to face him, still stinging `Gotta have one for each hand, lets set sail with Captain Morgan.'
 
Finally, he thought as the song ended. Never had he wanted a Garth Brooks song to end so quickly before.
 
“You work here?” He asked as she stood up.
 
“Yes… I do. Good of you to notice.” Hemi walked back behind the bar and started filling a few glasses with ice. “What do you want?”
 
He looked around before leaning in and whispering, “Are you stalking me?”
 
Hemi laughed uncontrollable giggles; she even set down the ice scoop. “I'm… I'm sorry.” She held her chest as she started to calm down; she turned serious in one motion and leaned towards him. “How ever did you see through me?” she tried to be sultry but it didn't quite work because she burst into laughter again.

“Hey what's so funny! I think it's a fair question.”
“No Kouga,” she went back to work. “I am not stalking you. In order to stalk you I'd have to want to be around you, and unfortunately that I don't want.”
 
“How long have you worked here?” he questioned, confused as to why he never noticed her here before.
 
“Ten months.” She answered. “Been her a while haven't I? If you aren't going to order anything from the bar I'm going to have to ask you to leave.”
 
Kouga looked around, “It's one a clock in the after noon! No one is even at the bar.”
 
Hemi hoisted an ice chipper, “Order or leave.”
 
“Fine I'll take a Corona.”
 
She handed him a Bud light.
 
“Thanks.” Kouga brought it to his lips and sipped it. “Ahhh refreshing.”
 
Hemi continued to work around the bar, washing out old glasses, replacing empty bottles of liquor and other such menial chores. She just needed something to do while she was being watched by Kouga.
 
“You're right.”
 
Hemi jumped up when she heard his quiet voice. “What?”
 
“You're right.”
 
“About what this time?”
 
Kouga shook his head at her nerve. “About Kagome, I love her but I don't know if she's ever loved me. Not like she loved Inutrasha.”
 
“Inuyasha.” Hemi corrected.
 
Kouga glared, “That isn't the point. What I'm saying is that-“

“I'm right, I know. I didn't major in psychology for nothing.”
 
“I thought you were only 21 how did you get your major all ready?”
 
“Well not so much as major as took it for one semester.” Hemi grabbed a carton full of towels. “Listen back to the point; don't you think you should tell your little lady about this realization?”
 
Kouga sucked in a deep breath, trying hard to think, “Yeah, I should.”
 
“Than go. But first tip me.” She held out her hand for a few dollars, Kouga rolled his eyes and passed it over to her. “Thank you.”
 
Kouga left that minuet, forgetting to say his goodbyes to Ginta much to the little man's dismay. Hemi went and handed him a beer. “He's on his way to talk to Kagome.”
 
“Well you could have said goodbye.” He folded his arms tightly.
 
Hemi laughed “That's on me.”
 
Kouga arrived at the apartment to see Kagome cleaning her heart and soul out, from the looks of the place she had been at it for a long time. He hadn't even noticed it was dirty.
 
“You're back.” She said, running to him and giving him a hug. She smelt like Clorox. “Are you ok?” she pinched him on the arm. “You didn't tell me anything, you just got upset and left. I was so worried!”
 
“I'm fine; we got into a car accident at the hockey game.” Kouga hadn't realized she didn't know about anything that had happened. “I'm the only one that got injured.”
 
“Are you hungry?” Kagome pulled away from him. “I can cook us something, though I cleaned out the fridge so it might be a little harder to now. I can just run to the grocery store. Ky is taking his afternoon nap so he should be fine if you want to just sit here and relax.”
 
“Kagome-“
 
“How is your arm? Do you need anything for it?”
 
“Kagome-“
 
“Oh and I went through your clothes and I started to get rid of things I hadn't seen you wear in a long time.”
 
“Damn it woman calm down I want to talk to you!” Kouga grabbed her shoulders.
 
Kagome finally calmed down, “I'm sorry, I was just so worried that I started to clean and then you came back and I didn't want to argue any more.”
 
“You love Inuyasha still don't you?”
 
“What?” Kagome shook her head in the no. “No Kouga, that's all over and done with.”
 
“I think you love Inuyasha.” Kouga shrugged when he said it. “And I'm ok with it.”
 
Kagome shook her head, “You've never been ok with Inuyasha even existing.”
 
Kouga laughed, “All right, I'm not so much ok with is as I'm not willing to make you love me any longer because you're too nice to say no.”
 
Kagome's heart beat felt like it had stopped, “Where is this coming from?”
 
“I just think that-“
 
“Are you leaving me?” Kagome asked.
 
“Kagome, I love you, and I don't want to leave you. If I could I would just get rid of Inuyasha but I'm a real selfish guy and I expect to be loved by someone not as a second choice.”
 
“I don't know what to say,” Kagome folded her arms.
 
Kouga shrugged. “Promise me you'll let me keep in touch. Allow me to see Ky. You're a tough girl, you can handle it.” Kouga leaned in and kissed her on her for head. “After all, if Inuyasha didn't still want you why would he be marring someone who could be mistaken for your twin?”
 
Kagome shook her head, “This has turned in to one big complicated mess!”
 
“What's complicated, Inuyasha you know wanted you first so you know, go and take care of that.” Kouga was shifting uncomfortably now. “Listen can you just go and ask Sango for help or something. This whole thing is weirding me out. I just wants to you know, clear the air, and tell you go do what you gotta do and now I'm leaving.”
 
Kagome laughed at him, “Thank you Kouga.”
 
“Yeah… all right…bye.” Kouga headed back out the door, he'd get his stuff later. Yeah he was a man; he straitened his jacket and coughed. Damn he was going to miss Kagome.
 
Shortly after Kouga left Inuyasha was tapping on her door. “Come in.” Kagome was sitting in the same place Kouga had left her in. She looked up to see Inuyasha's somber face.
 
“Hey.” He said to her, “What happened? You look all puffy eyed.” He pointed at her face. As always Inuyasha exercised great tact.
 
“It's Kouga, he left me.”
 
“What? Is it because of me?”
 
She shook her head, “It's because of me.” She looked up at Inuyasha, “I still love you.”
 
Inuyasha didn't say anything, he couldn't, she had completely shocked him so in his silence she continued.
 
“I'm not sure what Kikyou is like, but I know that I still want to be with you. I want to raise Ky with you, and have more children with you.” She stood up and grabbed his hand. “I've always loved you and I just can't sit back any more. Inuyasha please say something.”
 
“I came to invite you to my wedding.”