InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Naraku's Desire ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha.....I do however own Yanna and any other character that I create.....A/N: ~~...~~ denotes flashbacks, dreams, and nightmares; **...** denotes changes in scenery, * denotes special notes at the bottom of the chapter.



Chapter 4 ~ Yanna’s First Glimpse of the Sengoku Jidai


Once they reached the Sengoku Jidai, Yanna looked up through the top of the well. All she could see was blue sky which was something that she really missed over the last year.

“Are we in the Sengoku Jidai, InuYasha?” Yanna asked unknowingly.

“Yes, we are. Welcome home, InuYanna,” InuYasha said as he smiled at her.

They climbed out of the well. Yanna stood behind InuYasha as she surveyed the new world that laid before her amber-gold eyes. ‘Wow, it sure is pretty here,’ Yanna thought to herself. InuYasha noticed the look on Yanna’s face as he took her hand and led her down a path towards a village.

When they got to the village, Yanna noticed that everyone was looking at them. The looks that they were getting didn’t seem to bother InuYasha but they were bothering her. Yanna got closer to InuYasha for safety. InuYasha smiled when he felt Yanna move closer to him. He stopped walking when they reached their destination. They both stood outside a quaint little hut that looked nice and cozy. They walked inside the hut.

“Kagome, I’m back,” InuYasha said as they entered the hut.
The inside of the hut was small compared to Yanna’s bedroom back home. There was a raised wooden floor in the middle of the hut. There was also a fire pit in the middle of the raised floor. Yanna noticed a small window on the wall beside the door.

Just then, Yanna was pulled out of her thoughts when she saw a girl, about a year younger than her and InuYasha, walk into the room. The girl just looked at Yanna.

Yanna noticed how beautiful the other girl was. The girl had long black hair and brown eyes. She also wore the same school uniform that Yanna used to wear when she went to school in Tokyo.

“It’s about time, InuYasha,” she said and then turned to Yanna. “Hi, my name is Kagome. What is your name?”

“I’m InuYanna. I am InuYasha’s twin sister,” Yanna said shyly.

Kagome looked from InuYasha to Yanna and then back to InuYasha several times to make sure that she wasn’t seeing double. Even Kagome noticed how much InuYasha and Yanna looked like each other. She was having a hard time distinguishing between the two of them.

“Where is Kaede, Kagome?” InuYasha asked.

“She’s helping the other villagers. She should be back soon,” Kagome said.

Just then, Yanna noticed an older woman walk through the doorway of the hut. She had an eye patch over her right eye. As the older woman walked into the hut, she noticed Yanna and InuYasha.

“I am Kaede. Who might ye be?” the older woman said while looking directly at Yanna.

“I am InuYanna,” Yanna said to Kaede as she looked over at InuYasha for help.

InuYasha could tell that Yanna was starting to feel uncomfortable with everyone concentrating on her. So, he spoke up to take their attention off of Yanna.

“She’s my twin sister, Kaede,” InuYasha said as he smiled at Yanna.

While InuYasha, Kaede, and Kagome were talking, Yanna started to take in her new surroundings. She looked around the hut. She noticed that it was small and quaint. Just then, Yanna started to get up so that she could head outside when InuYasha stopped her.

“Where are you going, InuYanna?” he asked. (a/n: just to let you all know that InuYasha is the older of the two… that is why he is so protective over Yanna)

“Nowhere. I was just going to go outside for a little while,” Yanna said.

After Yanna said that, she walked outside. The day was perfect. The sun was shining and there wasn’t a cloud in the sky. She continued to walk into the forest just enjoying the beautiful land that surrounded her. Before she knew it, Yanna had found herself sitting under a tree just bathing her skin in the sun’s warm glow.

Yanna must have dozed off because she when she woke up, InuYasha and Kagome were sitting next to her. She also noticed that there were a few more people there with them. Yanna looked at the others who were sitting there with them. That was when Yanna turned to Kagome.

“Who are they, Kagome?” Yanna asked as she pointed to the others.

Before Kagome could answer, the newcomers started introducing themselves to Yanna.

“I’m Miroku, the monk,” the man to Yanna’s right said.

Yanna looked at the boy sitting to her right. She saw that he had short black hair with a ponytail. He was wearing purple monk robes and was carrying a monk’s staff. Yanna also noticed that the boy had lavender eyes.

“I’m Sango and this is Kirara, my pet demon cat,” the other girl, that was sitting next to Miroku said.

The girl named Sango was sitting next to Miroku. She had long black hair like Kagome. Sango was wearing a green and pink kimono. Yanna then noticed that there was a yellow and black cat with two tails sitting in Sango’s lap.

“And I’m Shippou, a fox demon. Who are you?” he said, looking at Yanna.

Yanna thought that Shippou was the cutest little demon had seen so far. He had his tawny hair pulled back and held in place with a green bow.

Yanna then looked at InuYasha. She wanted to make sure that it was okay to say who she was. InuYasha nodded, letting Yanna know that it was okay for her to say who she was.

“I’m InuYanna, InuYasha’s twin sister,” Yanna finally said.

Miroku, Sango, and Shippou looked from Yanna to InuYasha. All three of them had looks of confusion on their faces. They too thought that they were seeing double. Just then, Miroku decided to comment on the whole situation with Yanna and InuYasha.

“You can definitely see the family resemblance between the two of them,” Miroku said while looking at Yanna and InuYasha.

“What is that suppose to mean?” InuYasha and Yanna said at the same time.

“I was just commenting on how much you two look like each other is all, InuYasha,” Miroku said in his own defense.

Yanna didn’t say anything. She shot Miroku a look that could kill. She knew that if she stayed, she would end up killing someone or something. So, she got up and started walking off. InuYasha saw that Yanna had gotten up and started walking off into the forest. So, InuYasha got up off the ground and started following her.

When he had finally caught up to his sister, InuYasha asked, “Where are you going, InuYanna?”

“For a walk,” she said. “I need to be by myself so that I can calm down before I hurt someone. I won’t go far. I promise.”

“Okay, just be careful. There are many demons out there who will mistake you for me and try to kill you,” InuYasha said.

“I will be careful, InuYasha,” Yanna said as she smiled at him.

After she said that, Yanna turned and walked down the path. As she was walking down the path, Yanna took in everything that was around her. For the first time in her life, she had noticed the birds singing in the trees. Yanna was so engrossed in what was going on around her that she had lost track of time and where she was at.

Before Yanna knew it, it was nighttime. She started walking back towards InuYasha and the others. Just then, Yanna realized that she must have taken a wrong turn somewhere because she had gotten herself lost in the forest. She was really starting to wish that she was back home with her stepfather and that InuYasha and Sesshoumaru would have never come into her life. When Yanna had figured out that she was lost, she stopped dead in her tracks and sat down under the nearest tree. Yanna looked around to see if she recognized where she was at, but she had no such luck. Now she was sure that she hadn’t taken the same way back.

As soon as Yanna started crying, she heard someone or something coming towards her. She quickly got up and turned towards the noise. Yanna didn’t like what she saw. She recognized who it was right away.~~~~~~~~~~~~Well, there is chapter 4......I hope that you all enjoy it......please read and review to let me know what you think......Cya all soon with the next chapter......