InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Naraku's Desire ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha.....I do however own Yanna and any other character that I create.....A/N: ~~...~~ denotes flashbacks, dreams, and nightmares; **...** denotes changes in scenery, * denotes special notes at the bottom of the chapter.



Chapter 7 ~ The Infamous Battle



Yanna just looked at Sesshoumaru right back in his eyes. She wasn’t going to show him any fear whatsoever. She had decided to let Sesshoumaru make the first move. That was when Sesshoumaru started charging at Yanna. As he made his move towards her, Yanna countered it with a move of her own and struck Sesshoumaru across his back. Sesshoumaru grabbed his back as he yelped out in pain. He then turned and looked at Yanna. Sesshoumaru noticed that she was smiling at him. That didn’t sit well with Sesshoumaru.

“What are you smiling for, you ungrateful whelp?” he asked the demon Yanna.

“I’m smiling because I want to, Sesshoumaru,” Yanna said as she continued to smile at him.

Yanna then made her move towards Sesshoumaru. This time she used her elongated claws and swiped at Sesshoumaru’s face. But before she could make contact with his face, Sesshoumaru grabbed her left wrist and pulled her to him. Yanna knew this was a big mistake because it brought back the memories of what he had done to her left wrist once before. But before Yanna could break free from his grip, Sesshoumaru whispered in her ear.

“You know you can’t win this, half-breed,” Sesshoumaru whispered into her ear.

“Oh, I can and I will,” Yanna whispered back into his ear.

**Meanwhile**

Kagome and the rest of the gang had found a clearing not far from where Yanna and Sesshoumaru were fighting. Kagome and Sango leaned InuYasha up against an oak tree. Then Kagome sent Miroku and Shippou to get some water so that she could clean out InuYasha’s wounds and make dinner for them. Sango and Kirara collected firewood so that they could boil some water for dinner.

Sango and Kirara got back to where InuYasha and Kagome were at with the firewood about the same time as Miroku and Shippou did with the water. Kagome took some of the water and started cleaning InuYasha’s wounds while Sango took the rest of the water and started to make a fire and boil the water for dinner. Sango went through Kagome’s backpack and pulled out some ramen. Once Sango had the ramen out of Kagome’s backpack, she then waited for the water to boil. When the water was boiling, Sango removed the ramen from the bags and put them in the boiling water. It didn’t take long for the ramen to cook.

When the ramen was done, Sango dished some up for everyone including Kagome and InuYasha. She started handing the bowls of ramen to everyone when she came to Kagome and InuYasha’s bowls. Sango then looked over at Kagome. She knew that Kagome had to eat something. Just then, she called over to Kagome.

“Kagome, dinner is ready,” Sango said to her distraught friend.

Kagome didn’t answer Sango. She just kept her eyes on InuYasha. She was afraid that if she looked away from him then something terrible would happen to him.

Sango went back to handing out the bowls of ramen to Miroku, Shippou, and Kirara. The four of them ate in silence while trying to figure out how they were going to help InuYasha wake up. They were starting to get worried about Kagome. They knew that Kagome needed to eat something so she could keep up her strength for InuYasha’s sake.

Kagome didn’t eat dinner with the rest of the group. She was so worried about InuYasha at the moment. He still hadn’t woken up yet. Kagome was happy to see that his injuries were starting to heal on their own. Even though his injuries were finally healing, Kagome still kept a constant vigil over InuYasha while the others continued to eat their dinner.

“Please wake up, InuYasha. InuYanna needs you,” Kagome said as she wiped the sweat from his forehead.

Sango couldn’t take any more of watching Kagome. She had to get her friend to eat something. They all needed Kagome to be strong enough to carry on when InuYasha did wake up. So, Sango set her empty bowl down and got up and walked over to Kagome and InuYasha.

“Kagome, go eat. I will keep an eye on InuYasha for you,” Sango said, sitting down beside Kagome.

Kagome looked up from InuYasha and saw Sango sitting beside her. She smiled at her friend. She knew that the others were also concerned for InuYasha as well.

“Okay. Thanks, Sango,” Kagome said.

With that said, Kagome got up and walked over to where the others were sitting beside the fire. She sat down between Miroku and Shippou. She then picked up her bowl of ramen and started eating it. Miroku and Shippou watched as Kagome ate her ramen. They could tell that she was not only worried about InuYasha but also about Yanna.

After Kagome finished eating, she set her bowl back down on the ground and walked back over to where Sango was sitting with InuYasha. Kagome sat down beside Sango. She was glad that Sango had made her go and eat something. Kagome then reached out and touched InuYasha’s forehead.

“Thanks for watching over InuYasha for me, Sango. I really needed to eat. So, is there any change?” Kagome asked.

“I’m sorry, Kagome, but he hasn’t woken up yet,” Sango said apologetically.

Kagome just nodded her head in understanding to Sango. She just hoped that InuYasha would wake up soon for Yanna’s sake.

As the night drew on, Kagome stayed next to InuYasha. She was having a hard time staying awake so she laid down next to InuYasha to try and keep him warm in the night’s cool air. She didn’t intend on falling asleep but Kagome couldn’t keep her eyes open any longer. Kagome slowly drifted off to sleep and hoped that InuYasha would wake up in the morning.

**Back with Yanna and Sesshoumaru**

Yanna was still trying to get out of Sesshoumaru’s grip when she decided to use her claws on her right hand against him in order to get away from him. She swung her claws at his chest and made contact. Yanna was pleased with the anguish that she had caused Sesshoumaru. She then felt Sesshoumaru release her wrist from his grasp.

As Sesshoumaru released Yanna from his grasp, he grabbed his chest where her claws made contact. There were five deep gouges in his chest. He took his eyes off of Yanna a for a minute so that he could nurse his wounds as they would heal.

While Sesshoumaru was taking care of his chest, Yanna took this opportunity to prepare for her final attack on Sesshoumaru. She found the nearest tree and jumped up into it. She waited patiently and quietly for him to turn and look around for her.

Sesshoumaru had finished nursing his wounds on his chest when he turned around and looked for Yanna. He couldn’t find her. He even tried sniffing the air in hopes that he could catch her scent in the air but he had no such luck. Sesshoumaru had never come across an inu-youkai or an inu-hanyou for that matter that could mask their scent like his younger half-sister could. He was starting to become proud of Yanna. She was starting to learn all of her abilities all over again from when she was younger.

Just as Sesshoumaru turned around to look for her, Yanna jumped out of the tree that she was hiding in and knocked him to the ground. Yanna landed on Sesshoumaru’s chest with so much force that it caused him to hit the ground hard and land on his back. She was pleased with what she had done to her older brother.

Once Yanna and Sesshoumaru landed on the ground, Yanna sat on Sesshoumaru’s chest, admiring her work. Just then, Yanna realized that something was wrong. She should have been thrown off of Sesshoumaru’s chest by now. Yanna looked down only to see that Sesshoumaru wasn’t conscious anymore. This made her smile even bigger than she had done in the past.

Yanna then leaned down to her brother’s ear and whispered, “I told you I would finish this.”

Once Yanna said that, she climbed off Sesshoumaru’s chest and took off into the night. She couldn’t believe the feeling that was running through her body. She had so much power at her fingertips that she didn’t know what to do with it. Yanna continued running until she came to a clearing.

**Back with InuYasha and the gang**

Sometime during the night, InuYasha woke up. He tried to move but found out that Kagome was laying on top of him. As he moved to get up, he woke her up in the process. Kagome was happy to finally see InuYasha awake. She sat up and hugged him for dear life. InuYasha was sorta lost at what was going on. Just then, he heard Kagome speak to him.

“I am so happy that you are awake, InuYasha. Are you okay?” Kagome asked ecstatically.

“Yeah. I’m fine, Kagome,” he replied back to her.

A gust of wind blew towards InuYasha and Kagome. It carried a scent that InuYasha had never smelled before. Once he got a good whiff of the scent, he noticed that there were parts of it that he did recognize. He just hoped that what he was thinking wasn’t true. InuYasha then turned to Kagome.

“What happened when I hit the tree, Kagome?” InuYasha asked worriedly.

Kagome looked away from InuYasha as she gathered up her strength to tell him what had happened. Once she had all her thoughts in order, Kagome looked back up at InuYasha.

“Well, InuYasha, after you got knocked out, InuYanna told us to take you and get as far away from her and Sesshoumaru as we possibly could. Oh yeah, InuYasha, there was something about her that had me frightened,” Kagome said as she looked away from him once again.

“What was it about her that had you so frightened, Kagome?” InuYasha asked already knowing where this was starting to head.

Kagome looked back up at him with tears brimming in her eyes. She knew that InuYasha had a right to know what Yanna had changed into.

“InuYasha, ‘Yanna had turned into a full demon. I saw the same look in her eyes that you get when you turn into a full demon but it was more intense,” Kagome said as she started to cry.

InuYasha couldn’t believe what he was hearing. That would explain the change in her scent as it hit his nose. He knew that he had to get to her and stop Yanna before she did something that she would later regret.

“InuYanna,” he whispered to himself.

InuYasha knew that he had to go and find Yanna before it was too late. He also didn’t want Kagome and the others there if he had to fight and kill Yanna in order to stop her. InuYasha looked at Kagome and smiled slightly.

“Kagome, I want you to stay here with the others. And whatever you do, do not follow me. Do you understand me?” InuYasha said to her.

Kagome nodded her head to InuYasha to let him know that she understood what he was saying. She knew that if it came right down to it, he may have to kill Yanna in order to stop her from doing any real harm to either herself or to anyone else for that matter. Kagome just hoped that InuYasha can get to Yanna in time.

With that said and done, InuYasha picked up the Tetsusaiga and took off into the forest. He followed the scent until he came to a clearing. He slowly walked into the clearing until he saw someone standing on the other side of the clearing. InuYasha couldn’t believe what he saw standing there. InuYasha saw someone standing there looking back at him with blood red eyes.

“InuYanna, is that you?” InuYasha asked cautiously.

Yanna just growled at her brother. She didn’t want to have anything to do with him at the moment. She was enjoying her new found powers.

InuYasha stepped closer to his sister. He wasn’t out to hurt her. He just wanted to try and help get her back to normal. The closer InuYasha got to Yanna, the more he realized that he was looking at a mirror image of himself as a full demon. He couldn’t believe how much the two of them looked alike as full demons. The only difference was that she had two purple stripes on either side of her face where he only had one on either side of his face when he turned into a full demon.

“InuYanna, what happened?” he asked worriedly.

“And why would you care, InuYasha?” asked right back.

Yanna didn’t wait around for InuYasha to answer her. She took off into the forest with InuYasha hot on her heels.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~There is chapter 7.…..I hope that you all enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it……please read and review so that I know how I am doing…..cya all soon with the next chapter.