InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Naraku's Desire ❯ Chapter 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha.....I do however own Yanna and any other character that I create.....A/N: ~~...~~ denotes flashbacks, dreams, and nightmares; **...** denotes changes in scenery, * denotes special notes at the bottom of the chapter.



Chapter 9 ~ The Search for Totosai



InuYasha and Yanna continued their journey to find Totosai. As they were walking along, it started to get dark. Then InuYasha looked up at the sky and remembered that it was the night of the new moon.

“Damn. I forgot about tonight,” InuYasha said disgustedly.

“What’s wrong, InuYasha?” Yanna asked.

Yanna followed her brother’s gaze up to the sky as he explained to what was going to happen to them on that night.

“Tonight is the night of the new moon. It is when you and I lose our demonic powers. We have to find somewhere to stay for the night,” InuYasha explained to his sister.

“Oh, okay. Well, then let’s go and look for somewhere to stay the night,” Yanna said as she started walking once more.

With that said, InuYasha and Yanna went in search of a cave for the night.

**Meanwhile**

Kagome and the rest of the gang had finally made it to Kaede’s village. They were all sitting around the fire pit when Kaede looked over at Kagome.

“Child, where are InuYasha and InuYanna?” Kaede asked Kagome.

Kagome looked up at the older woman with a solemn look on her face.

“He took InuYanna to Totosai to see if he would make her a sword so that she could keep her demon blood under control,” Kagome said.

Kaede just nodded at Kagome.

**Back with InuYasha and Yanna**

InuYasha and Yanna had finally found a cave for them to stay in for the night. Once they were safely inside the cave, Yanna was starting to get worried about what will happen to her when the sun went down.

“InuYasha, what exactly happens to us in the night of the new moon?” Yanna asked a bit concerned.

InuYasha looked over at Yanna. He could tell that she was getting scared about what was about to happen to them.

“Since we are half-demon, there is one night a month that we lose our demonic powers and become human,” InuYasha explained to her again.

That just scared Yanna even more.

“Will it hurt?” Yanna asked skeptically.

“You have never been through the change before, have you ‘Yanna?” InuYasha asked.

“No, I haven’t,” Yanna said while looking at the floor of the cave.

“Don’t worry, InuYanna. I am here to help you through it,” InuYasha said.

Just as soon as InuYasha said that, him and Yanna started to lose their demonic powers and became human. InuYasha’s transformation was quick. Yanna’s transformation, on the other hand, was harder for her.

The first thing that Yanna noticed that had changed was her ears. She no longer had her dog ears and her hearing was that of a human. Then she noticed that her fangs and claws were gone and replaced with normal teeth and fingernails. Her eyes were a lavender color just like InuYasha’s except hers had flecks of amber-gold in them. She also noticed that her hair was a chestnut brown. The only thing that didn’t disappear were the purple stripes on either side of her face.

InuYasha noticed that Yanna was taking her transformation better than he thought she would take it.

“ ‘Yanna, you doing okay?” InuYasha asked her.

“Yeah, I guess. You go through this every month?” Yanna asked her brother.

InuYasha nodded his head. Just then, he yawned. He knew that Yanna was getting tired as well.

“Okay, InuYanna, let’s get some sleep. We have a busy day ahead of us,” InuYasha said as he laid down on the cave floor.

“Alright, InuYasha. Good night,” Yanna said as she too laid down on the cave floor.

“Night, InuYanna,” InuYasha said but Yanna was already asleep.

InuYasha smiled at his sister as he too drifted off to sleep.

Sometime during the night, Yanna had a dream.

~~Begin Yanna’s Dream~~

“Momma, what’s wrong?” a little half-demon girl asked.

“Nothing is wrong, InuYanna,” her mother said.

“Momma, I have a very bad feeling that something bad is going to happen,” little Yanna said.

“Honey, everything will be okay. Go play with InuYasha.”

Yanna nodded her head at her mother and went to go and play with her twin.

~~End Yanna’s Dream~~

InuYasha woke up during the night and looked over at Yanna to make sure that she was okay. He noticed that Yanna was smiling in her sleep.

‘I wonder what she is dreaming about,” he thought to himself as he fell back to sleep.

**The next morning**

Yanna was up before InuYasha was. She ran her hand through her hair and noticed that it was silvery-white again. Yanna also noticed that her fangs, claws, and dog ears were back. That was when InuYasha woke up.

“Good morning, InuYasha,” Yanna said to her brother.

InuYasha couldn’t believe how happy Yanna was.

“Yeah, good morning to you too,” he said. “Let’s go find Totosai.”

“Okay,” she said smiling.

With that said, they left the cave and continued their journey to find Totosai. They walked in silence for a good portion of the trip. Yanna was starting to get bored.

“Are we there yet, InuYasha?” Yanna whined.

“Almost, InuYanna,” he said. “It’s just over the next hill.”

“Okay,” she said.

They continued walking until they reached the next hill. Yanna couldn’t believe what she saw.

“He lives in a volcano?” Yanna asked sarcastically.

“Yeah,” InuYasha said, walking down the hill towards Totosai’s.

Yanna followed her twin brother down the hill towards the volcano. InuYasha and Yanna walked up to Totosai, who was asleep outside his door.

“Totosai, wake up,” InuYasha said, kicking Totosai’s chair.

Totosai woke up when he hit the ground. He looked up and saw InuYasha and Yanna standing there.

“What do you want?” Totosai asked sleepily.

“Will you make a sword for my sister, InuYanna?” InuYasha asked Totosai.

Just then, Totosai eyed Yanna more clearly.

“Well, well, well. If it isn’t the youngest of the Inu-youkai siblings. I have been waiting for you to show up, InuYanna,” Totosai said while looking at Yanna.

“Why is that?” Yanna asked nervously.

“Because this is yours,” Totosai said as he pulled out a sword and handed it to Yanna.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~there is chapter 9.....please read and review so that i know how i am doing.....see ya all soon with the next chapter.....