InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Naraku's Desire ❯ Chapter 17 ( Chapter 17 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha.....I do however own Yanna and any other character that I create.....A/N: ~~...~~ denotes flashbacks, dreams, and nightmares; **...** denotes changes in scenery, * denotes special notes at the bottom of the chapter.



Chapter 17 ~ Learning How To Use Sou’unga



InuYasha and Yanna had finally made it back to camp. They sat down with the others and started talking.

“So, InuYanna, where did you go?” Miroku asked.

“I took a walk to clear my head and to gather my thoughts,” Yanna said, looking at Miroku.

“Oh okay,” was all Miroku could say.

“Guys, can we talk about this in the morning. I’m really tired,” Yanna said to the others.

They all nodded their heads yes. Yanna went off and found a tree to sleep in. She jumped up on the closet branch and leaned up against the trunk. When Yanna was comfortable, she looked up at the stars.

The others went and got into their sleeping bags. Then InuYasha jumped up into another tree so that he could watch over everyone else, including Yanna in her own tree. When he noticed that Kagome, Sango, Miroku, Shippou, and Kirara were asleep, he jumped down from his tree and went over to Yanna’s tree. He then jumped up on the branch that she was on. Yanna just continued to look up at the stars.

“You were always fascinated with the stars even when you were younger,” InuYasha said to his sister.

Yanna just smiled as she continued to look at the stars.

“I know. My stepfather always said the same thing to me. There were times when he would get up in the middle of the night and find me asleep on the front porch,” Yanna said as she turned and looked at InuYasha.

“So, why aren’t you sleeping, InuYanna?” he asked her.

“I’m just thinking about some things,” she said while she looked at him.

“What kind of things, ‘Yanna?” InuYasha asked curiously.

Yanna continued to look at InuYasha as she tried to put her thoughts into words before she answered him.

“Things like why Mother and Father hid me away from you. Just stuff like that,” Yanna said while she looked away from InuYasha.

Yanna looked back up at the stars.

“They probably did it to protect you from something or someone,” InuYasha said to her.

“Yeah, but protect me from what?” Yanna asked.

She sighed deeply as she continued to look up at the stars. She needed to know what her purpose in this world was.

“Maybe we can figure that out together,” InuYasha said as he gave Yanna a hug.

“I guess you’re right,” Yanna said as she hugged her brother back.

After InuYasha stopped hugging Yanna, he jumped down from her tree and walked back over to his tree. He then jumped back up onto his branch and got comfortable.

“Good night, InuYasha,” Yanna said as she yawned.

“Good night, InuYanna,” InuYasha said as he drifted off to sleep and dreamed about his own childhood.

Yanna soon fell asleep while thinking about the life that she could have had.

~~Begin InuYasha’s Dream~~

Yanna was running around the garden with InuYasha chasing her. She really didn’t like it when InuYasha would chase her because he would hurt her every time and this time was no different.

This time, InuYasha had knocked her to the ground and then started laughing at her. Yanna got up from the ground and glared at InuYasha.

“Why did you do that for, InuYasha?” Yanna yelled at her twin brother.

“You need to learn how to defend yourself, you weakling,” InuYasha replied back to her, still laughing.

That was the wrong thing for InuYasha to say to Yanna at that very moment. She closed her eyes and started chanting something that was incoherent to InuYasha. When Yanna opened her eyes, InuYasha didn’t like what he saw. So, he started backing away from her. Yanna’s eyes were an evil and dark red color.

“You are going to pay for what you said, InuYasha,” Yanna growled at him.

Other than her eyes changing colors, Yanna’s fangs and claws started to grow longer as well. She also had two purple stripes on either side of her face. But there was something different about what was happening to her. She also had a purple crescent moon appear on her forehead. Yanna then felt her whole body starting to change form.

Before the transformation could go any farther, InuTaishou came into the garden. He knew exactly what was happening to his one and only daughter. He also knew that he had to stop her before she got too far into the transformation. So, he took the chance and started walking towards Yanna.

“InuYanna, you need to calm down,” InuTaishou said as he kept down walking closer to his daughter.

Yanna turned and glared at her father. She even started growling at him. She could tell that he was only there to help her. So, she backed down and started to calm down. As the transformation started to end, Yanna passed out. She hit the ground hard as she passed out. InuTaishou finally made it to her side as did InuYasha. InuTaishou picked Yanna up and then looked at InuYasha.

“Now you know why we tell you to be careful with her,” InuTaishou said to InuYasha. “Next time be more careful about what you say and do to her.”

InuYasha didn’t say anything to his father. He just nodded his head. He then backed away from his father as he watched InuTaishou walk into the castle with Yanna in his arms.

~~End InuYasha‘s Dream~~

**The next day**

Yanna was awakened by the smell of breakfast being fixed. She jumped down from the tree and joined the others. That was when Yanna noticed that InuYasha wasn’t around.

“Mmmm. Breakfast smells good,” Yanna said with her eyes closed in sweet bliss.

“Thanks. Can you go and get InuYasha for us, please?” Kagome asked Yanna.

“Sure. Where is he?” Yanna asked back while looking at Kagome.

“In the clearing where he found you at last night,” Sango answered.

“Okay. We’ll be back soon,” Yanna said as she walked towards the clearing.

With that said, Yanna went after InuYasha. Sango was right. Yanna did find InuYasha in the clearing. She tried to sneak up on him but it didn’t work.

“I know that you’re there, InuYanna,” InuYasha said without looking at her.

“How did you know that it was me?” she asked, amazed.

“I just knew. Let me guess, they sent you to come and get me since breakfast is almost done,” he said still not looking at Yanna.

“Yeah, that’s right,” Yanna said.

Yanna walked up to him and sat down next to him. She looked over at InuYasha and noticed that he was deep in thought with his eyes closed.

“Whatcha thinking about?” Yanna asked him.

“Nothing much,” he said with his eyes closed still.

Yanna knew that he was lying to her. So, she turned his head so that he could look her in the eyes once he opened his eyes.

“InuYasha, don’t lie to me. What are you thinking about?” Yanna yelled at him.

InuYasha finally opened his eyes and looked at Yanna.

“Okay. I was thinking about what is going to happen when the sacred jewel is complete,” he finally said.

Yanna looked at InuYasha dumbfounded. She didn’t know what he was talking about.

“What jewel, InuYasha?” Yanna asked curiously.

“The jewel of four souls which is also known as the Shikon no Tama. Once it is completed, the jewel will grant anyone’s wish,” InuYasha told her.

“Oh okay,” Yanna said. “So, are you going to teach me how to use and handle Sou’unga?”

“Yeah, let’s get started,” InuYasha said.

With that said, InuYasha and Yanna got up off the ground. He had Yanna pull Sou’unga out. He then started teaching Yanna how to handle Sou’unga. First off, InuYasha taught Yanna how to properly hold Sou’unga. Then he showed her a couple of defensive moves that could save her life one day.

When they were done practicing their fighting moves, they headed back to camp. Once back at camp, Yanna and InuYasha sat down with the others and ate breakfast.

Once everyone was done eating, Kagome, Sango, and Yanna cleaned the dishes and packed everything up. They were all sitting around the campfire while they were letting their breakfasts digest before heading out to look for jewel shards.

“So, what were you two doing in the clearing?” Miroku asked curiously.

“InuYasha was teaching me how to use Sou’unga successfully,” Yanna said, looking at the fire.

“That is cool,” Kagome said, looking at Yanna.

Yanna just nodded her head without looking at any of any of them.

When they were all done resting, they all decided that it was time to head out to look for more jewel shards.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~there is chapter 17.....i hope that you all enjoy it as much as i did writing it.....please read and review so that i know how i am doing with my writing.....see ya all next chapter....