InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Naraku's Desire ❯ Chapter 18 ( Chapter 18 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha.....I do however own Yanna and any other character that I create.....A/N: ~~...~~ denotes flashbacks, dreams, and nightmares; **...** denotes changes in scenery, * denotes special notes at the bottom of the chapter.



Chapter 18 ~ Jewel Shards and The Mystery Person



Kagome stopped dead in her tracks when she sensed a jewel shard coming towards them. InuYasha and Yanna were the first ones to take notice that Kagome had stopped walking.

“What is it, Kagome?” InuYasha asked.

“There is a jewel shard coming at us quick,” Kagome said.

By this time the others had noticed that Kagome, InuYasha, and Yanna had stopped walking. Sango had Kirara turn around and head back to the others.

When Kirara landed on the ground, Sango and Miroku slid off of Kirara and ran over to Kagome and the inu-youkai twins.

“What is going on?” Miroku and Sango asked at the same time.

“Kagome senses a jewel shard heading towards us,” Yanna said.

Before they could say anything else, the demon, with the jewel shard, came charging through the trees at them. They all pulled out their weapons so that they could defeat the demon and take the jewel shard.

The battle with the demon started off with InuYasha and Yanna striking it with the Tetsusaiga and the Sou’unga. The two swords had no affect on it. InuYasha and Yanna kept attacking it with their swords while Sango used her boomerang on the demon also.

While they were fighting the demon, something happened to Yanna. She didn’t know what it was at first but it seemed like someone was able to get into her mind. She tried to shrug it off but she had no such luck. Yanna did however push the intrusion to the back of her mind and continued fighting alongside InuYasha and Sango.

Miroku started to take the prayer beads off of his right hand so that he could use his wind tunnel. He stopped when he heard a buzzing sound coming at him.

“Damn, Naraku’s poisonous insects,” Miroku said while he wrapped the prayer beads back around his hand.

Miroku then picked up his staff and joined the fight.

They continued to fight the demon until InuYasha asked, “Kagome, where is the jewel shard located?”

“The shard is in the demon’s back,” she answered.

After Kagome said that, InuYasha and Yanna were able to destroy the demon and get the jewel shard.

“That was too easy,” InuYasha said, panting.

“What do you mean?” Yanna asked, panting also.

“I don’t know. I just have a bad feeling about all this,” InuYasha said.

After the battle, they all decided to rest a little so they could gather their thoughts and regain their strength. While they rested, Yanna jumped up into a tree. She was off in her own little world so she didn’t notice that InuYasha had joined her.

“What are you thinking about InuYanna?” InuYasha asked her worriedly.

“Nothing much. Why do you ask, InuYasha?” Yanna asked him.

“I’m just worried about you, InuYanna,” he said.

Yanna could see the worry in her brother’s eyes.

“I’ll tell you what, from now on I will tell you when something is bothering me. Is it a deal?” Yanna said as she cocked her head at him.

“Okay, it’s a deal. Let’s go,” InuYasha said as he jumped down from the tree.

Yanna jumped down also. She helped Kagome and Sango pack everything up so they could leave.

**Later that day**

They had been walking for awhile before they decided to stop for the night. They found a small clearing and started setting up camp. After they had set up camp, Yanna and InuYasha went to go get some water for dinner. InuYasha could tell that there was something bothering Yanna. He made a mental note to ask her about it later.

Once back at camp, Yanna and InuYasha gave Kagome and Sango the water. Yanna then found the highest tree and jumped up into it. InuYasha did the same thing. He sat on the same branch as Yanna and looked at her.

“Come on, InuYanna, tell me what is bothering you,” InuYasha said to her.

“There was something odd about that demon we fought earlier today. I can’t shake the feeling that something bad is going to happen,” Yanna said.

InuYasha just looked at her. He could tell that there was ac change in her. He was really getting worried about Yanna. InuYasha then jumped out of the tree and went over to Kagome and Sango. He had a worried look on his face.

“What’s wrong, InuYasha?” Kagome asked.

“I’m just worried about InuYanna. She hasn’t been herself since we fought that demon this morning,” InuYasha said.

“I know what you mean, InuYasha. She has been very quiet today,” Sango said.

Just then, Miroku and Shippou came walking over to them when they finished gathering firewood.

“So, guys, what’s up?” Miroku asked, sitting down next to Sango.

“We were just talking about how InuYanna has been quiet all day,” Kagome said, making a fire.

“Yes, I have noticed that myself,” Miroku said, thinking about Yanna’s actions.

They all continued to talk until they fell asleep. Everyone was asleep except for Yanna. She was wide awake. She closed her eyes so she could relax but she felt a sharp pain in her head all of a sudden. That was when her mind went blank.

Yanna jumped down from her spot in the tree. She looked towards the forest. Just then, she felt the same intrusion come back into her mind. She didn’t know what to make of it. Yanna continued looking towards the forest. Something in the forest was pulling her towards it. Yanna then took one last look at her traveling companions and then started walking towards the forest. As Yanna neared the edge of the forest, she could tell that there was an evil presence in there. She didn’t let the evil presence stop her from entering the forest.

**Meanwhile**

Naraku finally decided that it was time for Yanna to come to him. He walked out of the castle and headed into the forest that surrounded his castle. He knew where Yanna was at because his poisonous insects had been following her and her traveling companions all day. He came to a clearing that was close to the camp that Yanna occupied.

“Come to me, my dear InuYanna,” Naraku said into the night air.

He waited patiently for Yanna to come into the clearing.

**Back at camp**

InuYasha woke up when he heard Yanna jump out of her tree. He watched as she looked over at Kagome and the others before she walked towards the forest. When InuYasha saw Yanna walk into the forest, he jumped out of his tree. He walked over to Kagome to see if Yanna had done anything to her and the others. When he saw that the others weren’t harmed, he decided to follow Yanna into the forest.

**Back with Yanna**

Once she was in the forest, Yanna lost all control of her body. She continued to walk until she came upon someone standing with their back to her.

“I see that you have finally come to me,” the person said.

“Who are you?” Yanna asked nervously.

“You will soon find out,” he said.

Before Yanna could say anything, the mystery person came up behind her. She noticed that she couldn’t see his face. All he had on was a white baboon pelt. Just then, InuYasha came up on them. He knew exactly who it was that was with Yanna.

“Get away from her, Naraku,” InuYasha seethed.

“Why should I, InuYasha?” asked Naraku.

“Because I said so, that’s why,” InuYasha yelled at Naraku.

Naraku looked from InuYasha to Yanna. He was just now noticing how much they looked like each other but he could feel the power flowing through Yanna.

“She is your twin sister, InuYanna, is she not?” Naraku asked.

“Yeah, she is. What is it to you, Naraku?” InuYasha asked angrily.

“I have been searching for her ever since your parents hid her away from me,” Naraku said as he pulled Yanna’s back against his chest.

InuYasha watched as Yanna didn’t fight with Naraku’s grip on her. He then looked into Yanna’s eyes. InuYasha could see the distant look in them. It was as if Yanna wasn’t there.

Just then, Naraku grabbed Sou’unga and pulled it from Yanna’s side. He then dropped it on the ground beside them. InuYasha could tell that Naraku had complete control of Yanna. He also knew that if Yanna didn’t have Sou’unga with her, then her demon side would take over. Before InuYasha could do anything, Naraku and Yanna were gone in a cloud of miasma.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~there is chapter 18......i hope you all enjoy it.....please read and review so that i know how i am doing......see ya all next chapter.....