InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Naraku's Desire ❯ Chapter 21 ( Chapter 21 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha.....I do however own Yanna and any other character that I create.....A/N: ~~...~~ denotes flashbacks, dreams, and nightmares; **...** denotes changes in scenery, * denotes special notes at the bottom of the chapter.



Chapter 21 Battle Between Brother and Sister



InuYasha and Kagome were at a loss for words when Sango, Shippou, and Miroku showed up.

“What’s wrong?” Sango asked as she walked up to Kagome.

“InuYanna was just here and she took our jewel shards,” Kagome said slightly peeved.

“Why did she do that?” Shippou asked innocently.

“Because she is under Naraku’s control, that’s why,” InuYasha yelled at them.

Everyone was surprised by the way that InuYasha was acting. They could tell that he was worried about his sister but at the same time upset that she had betrayed them.

Since there was nothing more they could do, everyone, with the exception of InuYasha, started walking back to camp. When Kagome realized that InuYasha wasn’t with them, she turned and went back to InuYasha’s side.

“What’s bothering you, InuYasha?” Kagome asked him.

“I’m just worried about InuYanna,” he said worriedly.

“Yeah, I know. We’re all worried about her,” Kagome said reassuredly.

“We have to go after her. We have to get her to transform back to normal before it is too late,” he said in a serious tone.

“We will, InuYasha. Let’s head back to camp and get some sleep,” Kagome said sympathetically.

InuYasha agreed and they started walking back to camp. Once they got back to camp, Kagome and InuYasha noticed that Sango, Miroku, and Shippou were already asleep once more. Kagome walked over to her sleeping bag and laid down. InuYasha jumped back up into the tree that he was in earlier and settled in for the rest of the night with thoughts about his sister on his mind.

“Good night, InuYasha,” Kagome said as she fell back to sleep.

“Good night, Kagome,” InuYasha said back to her.

With that said, InuYasha finally let sleep overtake him.

**Later that night**

Once again, InuYasha was awakened by a pain in his chest. His hand immediately went to his chest. The pain was in the same place as it was earlier. It had been awhile since he had had this pain besides earlier that night and almost a month ago. He could only imagine what pain Yanna was going through at that moment in time. Again when the pain had subsided, InuYasha fell into a restless sleep once again but this time he was plagued with dreams about Yanna.

~~Begin InuYasha’s Dream~~

InuYasha was running around the garden once again, this time by himself. He noticed that Sesshoumaru and Yanna were sitting off to the side under a cherry blossom tree. He was actually jealous of Yanna because Sesshoumaru would only acknowledge her and not him as being a member of the family.

Sesshoumaru looked up and noticed that InuYasha was looking at them. He didn’t show any emotion towards InuYasha. He went back to spending his time with Yanna.

“Sesshoumaru, I am going to go and play inside,” Yanna said as she got up from her older brother’s lap.

Sesshoumaru just nodded his head to her as he watched Yanna run off into the castle. When he saw Yanna disappear into the castle, Sesshoumaru got up from under the tree and walked over to InuYasha.

“What is your problem?” Sesshoumaru asked InuYasha.

InuYasha didn’t answer Sesshoumaru at first. He looked away before answering.

“Nothing is wrong,” InuYasha seethed.

Just then, InuYasha fell to the ground clutching his hand to his chest. He didn’t know what was going on. All he knew was that there was a stabbing pain in his chest. He then looked up at Sesshoumaru with hurt in his eyes.

“Please aniki*, it hurts,” InuYasha pleaded with his older brother.

Sesshoumaru was just as taken aback as much as InuYasha was by the sudden pain InuYasha was feeling. He didn’t know what had caused InuYasha to be such pain. For the first time since Yanna and InuYasha were born, Sesshoumaru reached down and picked InuYasha up in his arms and hugged him close.

“It will be over soon, Little Brother,” Sesshoumaru said as soothingly as he possibly could muster.

Sesshoumaru then turned and headed into the castle with InuYasha in his arms. Once they were inside, Sesshoumaru was met by their father. InuTaishou looked at InuYasha in Sesshoumaru’s arms. Sesshoumaru then looked at his father and saw the distressed look on his father’s face.

“Father, what had caused InuYasha to be in such pain?” Sesshoumaru asked worriedly.

InuTaishou looked up at Sesshoumaru and said, “InuYanna seriously hurt herself and InuYasha was able to tell. They are connected in more ways than one.”

~~End InuYasha’s Dream~~

**Meanwhile**

Naraku looked Yanna dead in the eyes as he walked up to her. Yanna didn’t have time to react before she felt Naraku’s hand strike her face. She brought her hand up to the spot where Naraku had hit her.

“What was that for?” Yanna growled. (a/n: just remember that Yanna is still a full demon)

“For disobeying me,” Naraku growled back.

Yanna just growled at Naraku as she turned and started walking away.

“Oh, by the way, InuYanna. I want my jewel shard back,” Naraku said.

Yanna stopped walking once again. This time she refused to turn around and look at Naraku. She was not going to give him the chance to strike her once again.

“My brother has it,” Yanna said quietly.

Yanna could hear Naraku growling at her as she started walking away once more.

“Don’t think that you are going to get out of this that easily,” Naraku said evilly.

Just then, Naraku took out another jewel shard and walked up behind Yanna. He grabbed Yanna and forced the jewel shard into the back of her head. Yanna screamed out in pain as she passed out in Naraku’s arms. He carried her back to her room. While Yanna was gone, Naraku had an oak-framed bed put in her room. Once Naraku brought Yanna to her room, he laid her down on the bed. He then leaned down so he could whisper in her ear.

“You will not disobey me again, my dear InuYanna. You will kill InuYasha tomorrow,” Naraku whispered in her ear.

With that said, Naraku walked out of Yanna’s room. He walked down the hallway to his room with a smile on his face.

**Meanwhile with Sesshoumaru**

“Milord, are we going to go after InuYanna?” Jaken asked.

Sesshoumaru didn’t answer Jaken right away. He knew something was wrong but he didn’t know what exactly it was though. He then looked over at Jaken.

“Jaken, stay here with Rin,” Sesshoumaru said as he got up and walked off towards the horizon.

**Back with InuYasha**

The sun was up and was shining in InuYasha’s eyes. He woke up and jumped out of his tree. He then walked over to Kagome’s sleeping form. He bent down and gave her a light kiss on her forehead.

“I am sorry, Kagome. I have to do this on my own,” he whispered into her ear.

InuYasha then stood up and walked off towards the horizon. He made sure that he had grabbed the jewel shard from Kagome before he left. InuYasha also made sure that he had Sou’unga with him. He continued walking until he had caught a familiar scent in the air.

“Sesshoumaru,” InuYasha seethed.

As if on cue, Sesshoumaru appeared in front of InuYasha. InuYasha started growling right away. He also had his hand on the hilt of the Tetsusaiga.

“What do you want, Sesshoumaru?” InuYasha asked without faltering from his defensive stance.

“The same thing that you want. InuYanna is in grave danger if she stay with Naraku much longer,” Sesshoumaru said with no emotion in his voice.

InuYasha was a little disturbed by what Sesshoumaru had said.

“How did you know ’Yanna was with Naraku?” he asked confusedly.

With that said, Sesshoumaru turned and walked away from InuYasha, not answering him.

InuYasha couldn’t believe what his brother had just said. He needed and wanted to know what kind of danger his sister was in. InuYasha continued to walk towards Naraku’s castle.

**Meanwhile at Naraku’s castle**

Yanna was just starting to wake up. When she opened her eyes, she saw Naraku staring down at her.

“It is time,” Naraku said.

“Time for what?” Yanna growled out as she glared at Naraku.

“It is time for you to kill InuYasha and get my jewel shard back from him,” Naraku growled at her.

Yanna couldn’t believe what she was hearing. She balled herself up on her bed. Naraku sat down on the bed beside her.

“I will not kill my brother just so you can have the jewel shards,” Yanna said into her hands.

“Oh, my dear InuYanna, you will kill InuYasha,” Naraku said as the jewel shard, in the back of her head, started to glow.

Before Yanna could say anything, the jewel shard caused her to scream out in pain. Naraku was pleased with what was happening to Yanna. The jewel shard had increased the power of her demon blood.

Once the jewel shard had stopped glowing, Yanna opened her eyes which were a darker red than before, if that is even possible. Naraku was pleased with what he was seeing. When Yanna’s eyes had finally focused on Naraku, she started growling at him.

“Now, now. Let’s not bite the hand that feeds you,” Naraku said.

“Why not?” Yanna growled with more force than before.

By now, Naraku had moved off the bed. He was now standing by the door. Naraku motioned for Yanna to follow him out of the room. Yanna reluctantly followed Naraku out of her room.

“Because I am the only one that can remove the jewel shard that is in your body,” Naraku said with a smile on his face.

Just then, Yanna caught a scent in the air. She scrunched up her nose as if trying to figure out who the scent belonged to. Naraku chuckled when he noticed what she was doing. He knew who the scent belonged to.

They walked out into the courtyard where Kagura and Kanna were waiting for them. Yanna growled at Kagura and Kanna as her and Naraku walked up to them. Naraku shushed Yanna when he noticed someone walking into the courtyard.

“Ahh. I see that you have finally joined us, InuYasha,” Naraku said.

“I have come for InuYanna,” InuYasha said angrily.

Naraku grinned at InuYasha. He knew that Yanna wouldn’t go with InuYasha willingly.

“Why don’t you ask her yourself about leaving?” Naraku said still smiling.

InuYasha hated it when Naraku smiled because it always meant that Naraku was up to something.

“Fine, I will,” InuYasha yelled at Naraku.

InuYasha turned to Yanna for the first time since he walked into the courtyard. He was taken aback by the way that she looked. He noticed that her eyes were a darker red and also that her fangs and claws were longer than they normally would be in her full demon form.

“Please, InuYanna, come with me so I can help you,” InuYasha pleaded with his sister.

“I don’t want to leave. I am happy with what I have become. Now, dear brother, prepare to die,” Yanna growled.

InuYasha could tell that Yanna did not mean what she had just said. He didn’t have time to react before Yanna lunged at him. He had just enough time to dodge Yanna’s claws. In the process of him dodging her claws, one of Yanna’s claws caught the right sleeve of his haori.

“Why are you doing this, InuYanna?” InuYasha asked, breathing heavily.

“Because if I don’t, then Naraku will kill me,” Yanna growled.

InuYasha couldn’t believe his ears when he heard Yanna say that. He pulled out the Tetsusaiga and went on the defensive. Yanna noticed that InuYasha went on the defensive so she went on the offensive. She knew deep down that InuYasha wouldn’t hurt her if it came right down to it.

Yanna charged after InuYasha and used her claws once again. She caught him on his right shoulder this time. As Yanna made contact with his shoulder, she dug her claws deep into the skin. InuYasha then screamed out in pain.

Naraku was pleased with how the fight was progressing so far. So, he walked back into the castle to await the winner of the battle that was taking place outside. Kagura and Kanna also followed Naraku into the castle. Once inside, Naraku watched the progress of the battle in Kanna’s mirror.

Yanna’s back was to Naraku so she didn’t see him leave. She removed her claws from InuYasha’s shoulder. Yanna was pleased with the pain that she had caused to InuYasha.

“Please, InuYanna, stop this,” InuYasha pleaded with her.

Yanna didn’t say anything. She just looked at him with eyes that could kill. InuYasha didn’t like that look.

The battle between InuYasha and Yanna went on for quite awhile. The both of them had cuts and scratches all over their bodies.

**Meanwhile**

Kagome had woken up and noticed that the jewel shard, that she had taken from Yanna the previous night, was missing. Kagome frantically searched around the campsite for the jewel shard. In the process of looking for the jewel shard, Kagome noticed that InuYasha was also gone. While Kagome was searching for the jewel shard and InuYasha, Sango had woken up also.

“What’s wrong, Kagome?” Sango asked sleepily.

“The jewel shard and InuYasha are both missing. I think he took the jewel shard and went after InuYanna,” Kagome said.

“Then let’s go,” Sango said wide awake now.

“Okay,” Kagome agreed.

With that said, Sango woke up Miroku and Shippou while Kagome gathered everything else up. When everything was picked up, they all left for Naraku’s castle.

**Back at Naraku’s castle**

Yanna had InuYasha pinned to the ground. Her claws were poised to kill when something inside of her snapped.

“Help me, InuYasha,” Yanna whispered to her brother.

Naraku stormed out of the castle when he saw this happen in Kanna’s mirror. He then noticed that he was losing his control over Yanna. Naraku walked up behind Yanna and pulled her off of InuYasha.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*aniki means older brother..... there is chapter 21...... i hope that you all enjoy reading it as much as i have enjoyed writing it..... please read and review so that i know how i am doing..... see ya all next chapter....