InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Naraku's Desire ❯ Chapter 23 ( Chapter 23 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha.....I do however own Yanna and any other character that I create.....A/N: ~~...~~ denotes flashbacks, dreams, and nightmares; **...** denotes changes in scenery, * denotes special notes at the bottom of the chapter.



Chapter 23 ~ InuYasha’s Worry



InuYasha had gotten back to the village in no time flat. Once he got to the village, InuYasha searched frantically for Kaede.

“Kaede! Kaede!” InuYasha yelled as he searched the village for her.

InuYasha finally found Kaede coming out of another villager’s hut. He then ran up to with Yanna still on his back.

“What is it, InuYasha?” Kaede asked.

“It’s InuYanna. She was injured by Naraku,” InuYasha said frantically.

Kaede could tell that InuYasha was serious. She motioned for him to follow her into the hut.

“Follow me, InuYasha,” Kaede said calmly.

InuYasha did as he was told. He followed Kaede into her hut.

“Lay InuYanna over there, InuYasha,” Kaede said, pointing to the back of the hut.

“Okay. Kaede,” InuYasha said as he walked over to the futon-like bed in the corner.

InuYasha laid Yanna down on the futon-type bed. He sat down beside her. InuYasha could not take his eyes off of his twin. Deep down he knew that he had to be strong for Yanna. Kaede came over to Yanna and InuYasha. She looked down at Yanna and noticed that Yanna’s wounds should have healed by now. Kaede then turned to InuYasha.

“InuYasha, please tell me what happened to InuYanna,” Kaede said worriedly.

“It all started when InuYanna was kidnapped by Naraku. He forced her to turn into a full demon. Naraku then placed a jewel shard in her head and then sent her to kill me. InuYanna then fought against Naraku’s control. Kagome then took the jewel shard out of InuYanna’s head but then InuYanna betrayed us and took our jewel shards to Naraku. I’m guessing that when InuYanna returned to Naraku, he was mad at her for not killing me. He then placed another jewel shard in her head. The second jewel shard had intensified her demon blood. Naraku had us locked into a battle to the death but something inside her snapped. When InuYanna refused to finish me off, Naraku then pulled her to him and pulled the jewel shard out of her head,” InuYasha explained to the old priestess.

Kaede was taking all of this in. She looked at InuYasha with a worried look on her face. She could also see the worry on his face as well.

“Then what happened, InuYasha?” Kaede asked curiously.

“Then he threw InuYanna to the ground at my feet and then my demon blood took over,” InuYasha said with his head hung low.

“I see,” Kaede said as she continued to tend to Yanna’s wounds.

InuYasha didn’t look at Kaede. He went from looking at the floor to looking back at Yanna.

“Kaede, will she be okay?” InuYasha asked worriedly.

“To be honest, InuYasha, I really don’t know,” Kaede said sadly.

**Meanwhile**

Kagome and the others were making their way back to Kaede’s. They were hoping that Yanna was doing okay.

“Kagome, will InuYanna be okay?” Shippou asked with tears in his eyes.

Kagome looked down at Shippou when she heard his question. She smiled slightly at the little demon in her arms.

“I hope so, Shippou,” Kagome said as she gave him a hug.

Sango and Miroku were also hoping that Yanna would be okay.

“Miroku, how bad were InuYanna’s wounds?” Sango asked worriedly.

“Let’s just say that her wounds weren’t healing properly. I think that Naraku may have done something more serious to her,” Miroku said seriously.

“Well, for InuYasha’s sake, I hope that InuYanna does survive all this,” Sango said crying.

**Back with InuYasha**

“What do you mean, Kaede?” InuYasha asked the old priestess.

“Have ye not noticed that her wounds are not healing properly?” Kaede asked.

When Kaede said that. InuYasha looked more closely at Yanna’s wounds. He couldn’t believe what he saw.

‘Kaede’s right. Why didn’t I notice this before?’ InuYasha thought to himself.

Kaede finished dressing Yanna’s wounds. She looked at InuYasha and saw a look of worry on his face. Kaede also noticed that he was crying.

“All we can do is wait and see, InuYasha,” Kaede said as she got up and walked out of the hut.

When Kaede walked out of the hut, she noticed that the others were just entering the village. Kirara landed in front of Kaede. Kagome slid off of Kirara’s back. Sango, Miroku, and Shippou did the same as Kagome. Once everyone was off of Kirara’s back, Kirara transformed back into her smaller form and jumped up onto Sango’s shoulder. Kagome then ran up to Kaede.

“Kaede, how is InuYanna?” Kagome asked worriedly.

“Not good, I’m afraid,” Kaede said apologetically.

Miroku then walked up beside Kagome.

“Lady Kaede, did you notice that InuYanna’s wounds were refusing to heal?” Miroku asked.

“Yes, I did,” Kaede said sadly.

“Where is InuYasha, Kaede?” Kagome asked.

“He is in the hut with InuYanna,” Kaede answered her.

“Thanks, Kaede,” Kagome said, walking towards the hut.

When Kagome reached the hut, she walked in and saw InuYasha sitting beside Yanna’s unconscious form. She could tell that he had been crying. InuYasha sensed that someone had walked into the hut. He looked up and saw Kagome sitting beside him.

“How is she?” Kagome asked sympathetically.

“Not good. Her wounds won’t heal properly,” InuYasha said with sadness in his eyes.

“That’s what Kaede said too,” Kagome said apologetically once more.

InuYasha went stiff when he felt Kagome’s arms wrap around his neck as she gave him a hug. He finally relaxed into her embrace and returned her hug.

**Meanwhile with Naraku**

The wounds that InuYasha had inflicted on Naraku were healing nicely. He was watching everything that was going on with Yanna in Kanna’s mirror.

“Very soon, my dear InuYanna and you will be mine,” Naraku snickered to himself.

He then waved his hand to Kanna to let her know that she could go.

**Back at the village**

InuYasha broke away from the hug and went back to watching Yanna. Kagome could tell that he was worried about Yanna just like everyone else was. Kaede and the others walked into the hut. Sango and Miroku sat against the wall across from Yanna. Shippou and Kirara were in the corner, playing. Kaede and Kagome were busy fixing dinner for everyone. Kagome then sent Shippou and Miroku out to get some water for the ramen. Sango went to gather some firewood for the fire. When everyone got back, it didn’t take long for the ramen to get done.

“InuYasha, the ramen is done,” Kagome said to the sulking inu-hanyou in the corner.

“I’m not hungry,” InuYasha said.

Kagome knew that it was serious if InuYasha turned down ramen. So, she didn’t push the matter with him.

“InuYasha, you have to eat something,” Miroku said.

InuYasha didn’t say anything this time. He kept his sight on Yanna while he was looking for any sign that she would wake up soon.

**Later that night**

Everyone had fallen asleep except for InuYasha. InuYasha refused to leave Yanna’s side so he fell asleep next to her.

Sometime during the night, InuYasha was awakened by Yanna screaming in her sleep. He looked over at her and saw that she was having a nightmare of some kind. InuYasha went to put his hand on her shoulder when she screamed out again.

~~Begin Yanna’s Nightmare~~

Yanna found herself surrounded by darkness. She could barely see her own hand in front of her face. Then out of nowhere she thought she saw someone in front of her.

“Hello,” Yanna said into the darkness.

There was no answer so she called out once again into the darkness.

“Is someone there?” Yanna asked into the darkness.

Yanna was answered with a maniacal laugh. The laugh scared her so much that she took a couple of steps backwards.

“It is time for you to finish what you have started,” the voice said.

“Who are you? What do you mean ‘finish what I started’?” Yanna asked.

“Come now, InuYanna. It is I, Naraku, and you know exactly what I am talking about,” Naraku said, stepping into her line of vision.

“No, it can’t be. I will not kill my brother,” Yanna screamed.

Yanna put her hands over her ears as if to block out Naraku’s voice but it didn’t work. Yanna fell to her knees.

“If you kill your brother, then I will heal your wounds,” Naraku said soothingly.

Yanna looked up into Naraku’s eyes. She didn’t want to believe him but she also knew that she didn’t have much of a choice.

“Fine. I will kill InuYasha,” Yanna said defeatedly.

When Yanna said that, Naraku put his hand on Yanna’s shoulder to try and console her but instead he let his miasma seep into her blood stream. Yanna screamed as the miasma entered her blood stream. When she couldn’t take the pain any longer, Yanna gave in and blacked out.

“Now, my dear InuYanna, you will have no choice but to kill InuYasha,” Naraku said as he faded into the darkness.

~~End Yanna’s Nightmare~~

InuYasha finally calmed Yanna’s sleeping form. He wondered what had scared her so much. He hoped that she would wake up soon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~there is chapter 23..... please read and review so that i know how i am doing with my writing..... see ya all next chapter....