InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Naraku's Desire ❯ Chapter 24 ( Chapter 24 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha.....I do however own Yanna and any other character that I create.....A/N: ~~...~~ denotes flashbacks, dreams, and nightmares; **...** denotes changes in scenery, * denotes special notes at the bottom of the chapter.



Chapter 24 ~ Yanna’s Awakening



**The next morning**

InuYasha was awakened by Kagome nudging his shoulder. He looked up at her.

“How is she doing, InuYasha?” Kagome asked.

“She screamed out during the night. I’m worried that she may not make it,” InuYasha said sadly.

Kagome looked at him with sadness in her eyes. She could tell that he didn’t get much sleep during the night.

“She’ll make it, InuYasha,” Kagome reassured him.

“I guess you’re right, Kagome,” he said.

Just then, everyone else started to wake up. Sango woke up first. She was then followed by Miroku, Shippou, Kirara, and Kaede. They all looked over to where Yanna was laying. Sango got up and walked over to InuYasha and Kagome. She sat down beside Yanna and started checking her wounds. Sango started pulling off Yanna’s bandages. When she pulled the first bandage off, Sango was shocked at what she saw.

“Kagome! InuYasha! Look at this,” Sango squealed.

“What is it, Sango?” Kagome asked.

Sango pulled back the bandage that she had started to remove earlier. Kagome and InuYasha looked at Yanna’s wounds in awe. They couldn’t believe what they were seeing.

“Her wounds are finally healing,” Kagome said excitedly.

“That’s good,” InuYasha also said excitedly.

After InuYasha said that, he got up and walked out of the hut. He had to get outside so that he could think. InuYasha knew that he had to kill Naraku for what he did to Yanna. InuYasha then found a tree and jumped up onto the highest branch. He sat there, looking at the clouds.

“Please make it, InuYanna,” InuYasha whispered.

**Later that day**

InuYasha was still sitting in his tree when Kagome found him.

“InuYasha, lunch is ready,” Kagome yelled up at him.

InuYasha jumped down from his perch in the tree. He landed in front of Kagome.

“Okay, let’s go,” InuYasha said as he started to walk back towards the village.

Kagome ran to catch up to InuYasha. They walked back to the village in silence. When they got back to the village, Kagome stopped InuYasha before they walked into the hut.

“InuYasha, there is something that I need to tell you before we go in there,” Kagome said while looking at the ground.

“What’s up, Kagome?” InuYasha asked skeptically.

“It’s about InuYanna,” Kagome said without looking at him.

InuYasha went white as a ghost. He looked at Kagome with worry in his eyes. InuYasha didn’t wait for Kagome to say anything else. He ran into the hut. The first thing that he saw was Sango and Kaede trying to get Yanna’s wounds to stop bleeding.

“What happened?” InuYasha asked.

“We don’t know. Her wounds started bleeding again the moment you walked out this morning. We would have told you earlier but we couldn’t find you,” Sango said.

InuYasha started growling. Sango and Kaede took that as their cue to leave the hut. As Sango and Kaede were leaving, Kagome came running in when she heard InuYasha growling.

“Kagome, don’t go near them. He needs to be alone with her,” Kaede said.

“I’ll be fine,” Kagome said as she walked towards InuYasha and Yanna.

Kaede and Sango walked out of the hut as Kagome continued walking towards InuYasha and Yanna. The closer that Kagome got to InuYasha, the louder his growling got.

“Leave me, Kagome,” InuYasha growled at her.

“No, InuYasha. I will not leave you,” Kagome said.

Kagome ignored InuYasha’s growling and sat down next to him. She looked up at him with sadness in her eyes. When she made eye contact with his eyes, Kagome could have sworn she saw them flash red but she didn’t say anything.

**Meanwhile**

“I think that it is time for InuYanna to wake up and keep her promise to me,” Naraku said.

Naraku laughed as he said that. He knew that she would keep her promise if she wanted to live.

“Now, InuYanna, wake up and kill InuYasha,” Naraku said sadistically.

**Back with InuYasha**

“Naraku will pay for this,” InuYasha seethed.

“InuYasha, we will get Naraku but first we have to concentrate on InuYanna,” Kagome said reassuredly.

Kagome then got up and started to leave. She stopped and looked back at InuYasha holding Yanna. She smiled as she turned back around and walked out of the hut. Once Kagome was out of the hut, InuYasha let his tears fall. He didn’t want to lose Yanna so soon. He laid her back down on the mat.

“I promise, InuYanna, Naraku will die for this,” InuYasha said through his tears.

Just as InuYasha was about to get up, he thought he had heard Yanna coughing. Just then, he looked back at her.

“Inu… Inu… Yasha,” Yanna said as she opened her eyes.

“InuYanna, you’re awake,” InuYasha said excitedly.

Yanna smiled up at her brother. She tried to get up but she fell right back down onto the mat.

“InuYasha, what happened to me?’ Yanna asked him.

“You don’t remember?” he asked worriedly.

“No, I don’t,” she said as she shook her head.

Yanna soon realized that shaking her head was a big mistake. She started getting the biggest headache that she had ever had in her life.

So, InuYasha proceeded to tell Yanna about what had happened to them. Yanna had to let everything, that InuYasha had just told her, to sink in before she said anything.

“So, Naraku did this to me,” Yanna said as she started to get mad.

“Yeah, he did,” InuYasha said.

InuYasha could tell that Yanna was mad. All he could do was smile at her. He could also tell that she had the same attitude as he did.

‘It must run in the family,’ he thought to himself as his smile got even bigger.

Yanna didn’t notice the huge smile that had crept onto her brother’s face.

“Don’t worry, InuYanna. We will get Naraku soon. I’m going to go and get Kaede,” InuYasha said as he got up and left the hut.

Once InuYasha was gone, Yanna’s eyes turned blood red.

“No, dear brother, you are the one that will be killed,” Yanna growled.

Yanna closed her eyes and then reopened them. They were once again an amber-gold color. She didn’t know what was happening to her. She felt so different. So, Yanna decided to go to sleep while she waited for InuYasha to return with Kaede. Yanna drifted off into a deep sleep and let her dreams take over.

~~Begin Yanna’s Dream~~

Yanna found herself surrounded by darkness once again.

“Where am I?” Yanna asked no one in particular.

Yanna started to walk to see if she could find someone or something that would tell her where she was at. As she walked, the darkness refused to reveal her surroundings. Yanna was starting to get mad.

“Damn this darkness,” Yanna growled to herself.

“Now, now, InuYanna. That is no way for a child to talk,” the voice said.

Yanna stopped dead in her tracks when she heard the voice. It didn’t take her long to recognize who the voice belonged to.

“Naraku,” Yanna seethed.

“Yes, my dear InuYanna. It is me,” Naraku said, smiling.

He walked out of the shadows so that he could face her and see her reaction to him being in her dreams once again.

“What do you want with me this time, Naraku?” Yanna asked him while growling.

“You know exactly what I want. You will kill InuYasha tonight and bring me the Tetsusaiga,” Naraku said, glaring at her.

Yanna looked at Naraku with an awestruck look on her face. She couldn’t believe what she had just heard from Naraku. She knew she couldn’t kill InuYasha.

“I am no longer under your control, Naraku. You can’t make me do your bidding anymore,” Yanna said angrily.

“You think so, InuYanna. As we speak, my essence flows through your veins. You will do my bidding if you want to survive,” Naraku said as he faded away again.

~~End Yanna’s Dream~~

As soon as Naraku said that, Yanna woke up scared out of her wits. She looked around and saw that everyone was staring at her. She didn’t know if she should tell them about her dream or not.

“Are you okay, InuYanna?” Kaede asked her.

“No, I’m not okay, Kaede. I need to talk to InuYasha alone if you all don’t mind,” Yanna said while looking at InuYasha.

Everyone nodded their heads and walked out of the hut. InuYasha and Yanna were the only ones left in the hut.

“What’s wrong, InuYanna?” InuYasha asked his sister worriedly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~there is chapter 24.....please read and review so that i know how i am doing.....cya all next chapter.....