InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Naraku's Desire ❯ Chapter 25 ( Chapter 25 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha.....I do however own Yanna and any other character that I create.....A/N: ~~...~~ denotes flashbacks, dreams, and nightmares; **...** denotes changes in scenery, * denotes special notes at the bottom of the chapter.



Chapter 25 ~ The Death Of A Sibling



Yanna just looked at InuYasha. She didn’t know how she was going to tell him about her dreams. So, she decided to just come right out and tell him.

“I don’t know how to put this into words but here I go,” Yanna started.

InuYasha nodded his head to let her know that it was okay for her to continue.

“Naraku has appeared to me in my dreams twice now,” she said still looking at him.

“What did he want?” InuYasha asked angrily.

InuYasha wasn’t going to make this easy for Yanna. So, she continued telling him about her dreams and what Naraku had said.

“The first time he appeared, Naraku put his miasma into me somehow. Don’t ask me how he did it because I don’t know,” Yanna said as she looked away from InuYasha.

Yanna paused there and looked back up at her brother. The look she saw on his face was one that could kill. Yanna could have sworn that she had seen InuYasha’s eyes flash red with anger.

“Naraku is going to die for this,” InuYasha yelled.

“Wait. There’s more,” Yanna said quietly.

“Go on, InuYanna,” InuYasha growled at her.

Yanna was taken aback by him growling at her. But she continued talking anyways.

“The second time, he said that I had to kill you and bring the Tetsusaiga to him tonight,” she said while looking at the floor.

“Is that all?” InuYasha asked her with anger dripping in his voice.

“No, it’s not. He also said that if I don’t kill you and bring the Tetsusaiga to him then he will kill me instead,” Yanna said crying.

InuYasha noticed that she was crying. He reached over and pulled her into a hug in order to get her to stop crying. He knew he couldn’t let Naraku kill her. InuYasha pulled Yanna into a tighter hug. Yanna hugged InuYasha back as she cried on his shoulder. Before InuYasha knew it, Yanna had cried herself to sleep on his shoulder. He laid her back down on the mat. Once he laid Yanna back down, InuYasha got up and went outside to talk to the others. When he got outside, the others gathered around him. They all could tell that something was bothering him.

“How is she?” Kagome asked.

“She’s asleep now,” InuYasha said, not looking at Kagome.

“That’s good but what had her so spooked?” Sango asked.

InuYasha just looked at the ground while he thought of how he would tell them what Yanna had just told him moments ago.

“She just had a bad nightmare is all,” InuYasha said without looking at them.

They all could tell that InuYasha was keeping something from them. So, Kagome decided to push the matter with him.

“Spill it, InuYasha. What did she tell you that has you so worried?” Kagome asked angrily.

“Uhhh… it’s nothing really. So, just drop it,” InuYasha said, glaring at Kagome.

Kagome balled up her fists at her sides and glared at InuYasha.

“Tell us, InuYasha, or I will use the ‘s’ word,” Kagome yelled.

That was enough to convince InuYasha to tell them what Yanna had told him inside the hut.

“Okay, I will tell you what she said,” InuYasha said as he finally gave in.

InuYasha finally looked up at everyone. He could tell that everyone was waiting for him to talk.

“InuYanna said that she has to kill me and bring the Tetsusaiga to Naraku tonight,” InuYasha said sadly.

InuYasha waited for what he said to sink into everyone’s heads before he continued. When he saw that everyone had grasped the concept of what he had just said, he continued.

“But that is not all she said,” InuYasha said just above a whisper.

“What else did InuYanna say, InuYasha?” Kaede asked skeptically.

“If she doesn’t kill me and bring the Tetsusaiga to Naraku, then he will kill her instead,” InuYasha finished saying.

Everyone has shocked looks on their faces when he said that. They all know deep down that InuYasha wouldn’t let Naraku kill his sister.

“So, what do we do now?” Miroku asked worriedly.

“I am going to kill Naraku before he kills InuYanna,” InuYasha growled.

**Meanwhile**

Naraku was watching everything in Kanna’s mirror again. He knew that InuYasha would do anything to protect his sister.

“Well, InuYasha, it is time for you to die at your sister’s hands,” Naraku said as he smiled.

Just then, he motioned for Kanna to leave his presence. Kanna bowed and left her master to his thoughts. When Kanna was gone, Naraku squeezed his fingers together around the Shikon jewel. He used its power to activate the miasma that lay dormant in Yanna’s veins.

**Back with InuYasha and the others**

“InuYasha, we just can’t go barging in on Naraku. He is going to know that we are coming for him,” Sango said.

“I don’t care if he will know if I am coming or not. Either way he is going to pay for what he did to InuYanna,” InuYasha screamed.

Just as InuYasha said that, he heard a scream come from inside Kaede’s hut. Everyone ran towards the hut. InuYasha was the first one to enter the hut. What he saw when he entered the hut made him stop dead in his tracks.

InuYasha saw Yanna thrashing around. He sniffed the air and found out that Yanna’s scent had changed. He ran to her side and tried to hold Yanna down so she wouldn’t hurt herself. That was when everyone else ran into the hut. Sango and Kagome ran over to help InuYasha hold Yanna down. They didn’t see that Yanna’s claws had grown longer. InuYasha had finally realized that it was no use in holding Yanna down any longer.

“Let her go, guys,” InuYasha said as he released Yanna.

Sango and Kagome let go of Yanna as well. They jumped back from Yanna as she growled at them. That was when Sango and Kagome had caught sight of Yanna’s eyes.

InuYasha also noticed that Yanna’s eyes were blood red again. He knew that her body couldn’t handle the strain of being a full demon again. Yanna looked around the hut until her eyes fell upon InuYasha. She growled as she looked at InuYasha.

“InuYanna, please calm down and take Sou’unga so that you can transform back to normal,” InuYasha pleaded with his sister.

“I will not transform back. Naraku wants you dead now so that I can take the Tetsusaiga to him,” Yanna growled.

InuYasha tried to stop Yanna but it didn’t work out the way he had planned. The others just watched what was happening between InuYasha and Yanna. Before InuYasha realized what was going to happen, Yanna lunged at him and knocked him to the ground. InuYasha lost consciousness when his head hit the ground. Yanna pulled her claws back and struck InuYasha across his chest. After Yanna slashed InuYasha’s chest, she grabbed the Tetsusaiga. Once she had the Tetsusaiga, Yanna turned to the others and smirked.

“Now I can be free of everything. Naraku will be pleased with me,” Yanna said as she got up.

Just as Yanna was about to leave, she felt something or someone grab her shoulder. That was when she realized that it was Kagome.

“Please don’t go, InuYanna,” Kagome pleaded.

“I have to go if I want to survive. Tell InuYasha if he wants the Tetsusaiga back, then he can come to Naraku’s castle in order to get it back,” Yanna said as she walked out of the hut.

After Yanna walked out of the hut, InuYasha got off the ground. He knew that he had to stop Yanna from giving the Tetsusaiga to Naraku. InuYasha started to walk out of the hut when Kagome stopped him. She didn’t like the look in his eyes. She could also tell that he was fighting to keep his demon blood under control. Kagome then saw his eyes flash red.

“InuYasha, we’re going with you to get the Tetsusaiga back,” Kagome said.

InuYasha looked Kagome dead in the eyes. He knew that she meant well and all but he didn’t want her or the others there in case something bad happened to either him or Yanna.

“No, Kagome. I have to do this on my own. I promise that I will be back with InuYanna,” he said.

With that said, InuYasha walked out of the hut and started going after Yanna. When InuYasha was far enough away from the village, he let his demon side take over his body since he no longer had the Tetsusaiga. Once InuYasha had changed, he ran off in the direction that Yanna’s scent was the strongest.

**Meanwhile**

Yanna was halfway to Naraku’s when she sensed that someone was watching her. She turned around and growled.

“Who’s there?” Yanna asked, still growling.

“Well, well, well. If it isn’t InuYanna. What brings you out here all alone?” the voice said.

Yanna knew who the voice belonged to. She really didn’t want to believe it though. She didn’t want to have to deal with Sesshoumaru right now. She needed to get the Tetsusaiga to Naraku.

“Why do you have the Tetsusaiga, little sister?” Sesshoumaru asked as he stepped into her path.

Yanna didn’t answer him. She turned and started running towards Naraku’s castle once again. She also knew that InuYasha would be hot on her heels.

Sesshoumaru knew that something was askew. He decided to let it all go for now. He also knew that he would be involved in something big really soon. So, Sesshoumaru turned and walked in the opposite direction.

**Back with InuYasha**

InuYasha’s rage took over his body as his demon blood coursed through his veins. He couldn’t believe that Yanna had betrayed him like that.

“The next time I see InuYanna, I am going to kill her for taking the Tetsusaiga,” InuYasha growled as he ran towards Naraku’s castle.

InuYasha growled even more when he sensed that Sesshoumaru’s scent was mixed with Yanna’s scent. This made InuYasha run even faster towards Naraku’s castle.

**Meanwhile at the village**

Kagome and the others weren’t going to just standby while Naraku possibly killed both InuYasha and Yanna.

“Come on, guys. Let’s go after InuYasha and InuYanna,” Kagome said.

“But, Kagome, InuYasha said…” Sango started to say.

“I don’t care what InuYasha said. You guys didn’t see his eyes,” Kagome said sadly.

Sango and Miroku could tell that what Kagome saw in InuYasha’s eyes earlier wasn’t good. They agreed to go with her.

“Okay, Kagome. We’ll go with you to Naraku’s,” Sango said to her friend.

With that said, Kagome and the others started gathering up the stuff that they were going to need. Once they were all packed, Kagome then turned to Shippou.

“Shippou, this is going to be dangerous so I want you to stay here with Kaede,” Kagome said to the little fox demon.

“Okay, Kagome. Just please bring InuYasha and InuYanna back safely,” Shippou said as he hugged Kagome.

With that said, Kagome put Shippou down and followed Sango and Miroku out of the hut. Once they were outside, Kirara transformed and they were off.

**Back with Yanna**

Yanna had finally made it to Naraku’s castle. She stopped just outside the castle gates. She knew that InuYasha would soon be there to get the Tetsusaiga back. When Yanna regained her composure, she finally walked through the castle gates. She headed right to Naraku. That was when Yanna caught InuYasha’s scent in the air.

“Damn, I didn’t know that he was that close to me,” Yanna said to herself as she stopped and turned around to face the castle gates.

Yanna was waiting for InuYasha when he finally came through the gates. She waited for InuYasha to make the first move.

“So, brother, you finally decided to show up,” Yanna said as she growled at InuYasha.

“You are going to pay for taking the Tetsusaiga from me, InuYanna,” InuYasha growled at his sister.

Little did InuYasha and Yanna know but Naraku was watching them from the shadows. He was pleased that he was finally going to be rid of both InuYasha and Yanna.

Just then, Kagome and the others had shown up at Naraku’s castle. They were just in time to try and stop InuYasha and Yanna from killing each other. That was when Kagome saw Naraku watching InuYasha and Yanna from the shadows.

Just as Yanna set the Tetsusaiga down, she saw Kagome and the others watching from behind InuYasha. That was also when Yanna felt Naraku come up behind her and grabbed her.

That was also when InuYasha noticed Naraku behind Yanna. He started growling when he saw Naraku grab Yanna.

“Get away from her, Naraku, or I’ll…” InuYasha started.

“Or you’ll what, InuYasha?” Naraku asked as he pulled Yanna closer to him.

InuYasha knew that he couldn’t do anything to Naraku without hurting Yanna in the process.

“That was what I thought,” Naraku said as he bent down and picked up the Tetsusaiga.

No one noticed that Naraku had put a jewel shard into Yanna’s back. All Yanna felt was a sharp pain as the jewel shard was inserted into her back. She soon felt her demon senses become even more heightened beyond belief.

“Kill them, my dear,” Naraku whispered in her ear.

With that said, Yanna turned and grabbed the Tetsusaiga from Naraku. Once she had the Tetsusaiga, Yanna turned back around and ran towards InuYasha. Naraku was mad that Yanna had betrayed him. Just before Yanna could reach InuYasha, Naraku grabbed her by the neck and started to squeeze, cutting off her airway. Yanna could feel her life start to slip away from her

Before Yanna lost consciousness, she threw the Tetsusaiga to InuYasha. She could also feel Naraku pull the jewel shard out of her back. When Naraku had retrieved the jewel shard, he dropped Yanna on the ground and disappeared back into the shadows.

InuYasha caught the Tetsusaiga and transformed back to normal. He then ran over to Yanna. InuYasha reached Yanna about the same time as Kagome and the others did. He then kneeled down beside Yanna’s body. He pulled her into his lap and started crying. Then he heard Yanna’s voice as she tried to talk to him.

“InuYasha, I am sorry for everything that I have caused you and the others,” Yanna whispered so that only he could hear her.

“Shhh, InuYanna. Don’t say a thing. Everything is going to be okay,” he whispered back to her.
Yanna smiled as she slipped into the awaiting darkness.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~there is chapter 25.....i hope that you all enjoy reading it....please read and review so that i know how i am doing.....cya all next chapter....