InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ No One's Laughing ❯ Decision ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wow! I never expected so many reviews. Thanks everybody. I am typing as fast as I can.

Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha or a house or a DVD player or a computer or…

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))

Kikyo's words hurt. He knew that they were true and that was probably why it hurt so much. "You promised yourself to me fifty years ago, Inuyasha. You said that you would always be by my side, yet you travel with this girl. I can tell you love her. I can see it in your eyes. It is time you made your decision. Stop stalling." Kikyo's eyes bored holes in him. The tears coming from his eyes did not stop.

"Oh Inuyasha," sighed Kagome. His and Kikyo's gaze whipped toward her. Her voice sounded ethereal, not quite there. "There is something I must tell you before it's too late." Inuyasha calmed a little. It was amazing the calming effect her voice had on him. "I don't know why this is happening," she continued, "but don't worry. You'll pull through. You just have to know how I feel."

"How are you speaking?" yelled Kikyo. Kagome didn't seem to notice her.

"I love you, Inuyasha, with all my heart. You are the light of my life. If I could do this all over again, I would have told you a long time ago, but I was scared. Scared you would deny me and laugh at my sentiments. You must know I'll always be here for you, no matter what. Even after the jewel is finished, we'll figure out something because wherever I am or whatever time I'm in, my heart is here." She was on the other side of the clearing, but he could have sworn he felt her gentle touch on his chest just then. "With you. I'm sorry I waited until now to tell you."

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))

Kagome just held him. She had poured her heart out, and now he seemed much less agitated. She hoped it wasn't a coincidence. She prayed that he could hear her words. "Kikyo," he whispered.

"No, he can't have thought it was her," her mind screamed, "I was saying that, Inuyasha. Me, Kagome." Fresh tears made their way down well-worn tracks.

"I'm sorry. I promised to protect you the best I could, and I did. Then I promised to avenge your death, and I will. But I don't love you anymore." Kagome couldn't believe what she was hearing. Was he really saying this? He didn't love Kikyo? Is that who had been tormenting his dream?

"Just like I have Kagome's heart always with me, so she has mine." He had heard her. Her words had broken through his feverish nightmare. A gentle smile crept onto his face. Him smiling was so rare.

"I love you, Kagome," he said. Kagome was overwhelmed. Had he really just said he loved her? Had he really denied Kikyo? She carefully laid his head back down to the floor and curled up next to him, wrapping his arms around his waist.

"Please remember when you wake up," she prayed silently. Then amended, "Please wake up." She was surprised when his arms unexpectedly returned her embrace.

"I'm sorry I waited, Kagome."

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))))))

A/N: Sorry this is so short. I wanted each chapter to end when it had gone back and forth through the realities, so I had to stop there. Keep reviewing!