InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ No One's Laughing ❯ Destiny ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay, okay. I was bitten by the author's bug and finished chapter 6. For those of you who don't like unhappy endings, this is the final chapter. I would consider the next one an alternate ending. I wasn't even sure if I wanted to write it, but after reading Emerson and Thorough all week, I felt it was necessary to put a philosophical view in there. Anyway, thanks for the reviews and let me know what you think. Oh, there is a bit of not quite a lime in this chapter. I wanted to keep it PG-13.

Disclaimer: InuYasha belongs to someone who is not me, thank goodness.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))

Kikyo stared at the broken pieces of wood on the floor. "It didn't work did it?"

"No, but now you can't use me against him anymore." Naraku turned around and walked away.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))

Inuyasha sat in the soothing hot springs. Sango, Shippo, and Kaede were back at the hut tending to the wounds he inflicted on Miroku. He started to get angry again as he remembered how the houshi destroyed such a wonderful moment between him and Kagome.

"Inuyasha," she called from the shore, "What's wrong?"

"Keh! That stupid monk."

"Don't worry about him. Come over here and let me rise your hair and wash your back." He smiled to himself. Most times Kagome wouldn't be caught dead near him while he was bathing, but she insisted on being there to make sure he didn't pass out again from the fever, since he had disabled the only competent male that could have gone. He slid slowly over to her until he was inches away from the bare feet that dangled in the water.

"You'll have to come closer silly. If I come to you, I'll get my clothes all wet."

"Maybe I want you to." She blushed furiously at this comment.

"Come here you silly puppy." He glided over to her until the only thing covering him from the hips down was water. Kagome stared at his body. It was so strong, so resilient. It was as if he wasn't sick at all. She couldn't take her eyes of his creamy white skin. The muscles were so ideal. It seemed to her that all the statues and painting over all the years were trying to replicate the man before her, and they had all failed miserably. Her gaze traced every inch of him, his broad shoulders, his hard chest, all the way down to the curve where his abs and hips met and disappeared under the water. This was her Adonis.

"You know," he said, breaking her from her trace, "This is the first time you've seen me in this state of undress and haven't run away screaming." She smiled as the red crept back into her cheeks.

"I was too busy being embarrassed to really look. I am just surprised to really see you that's all."

"Do you like what you see?" Had it not been for the heavy scent of her arousal wafting through the air, he would never have asked that question, but he knew the answer before the words left his mouth. She nodded dumbly at him.

"Really?"

"Yes." She was amazed at the breathiness of her own voice. Why did she sound like that?

"Were you going to rinse my hair?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. Yes. Yes, I was." He had flustered her. That was not what he was supposed to say next. He turned around and she gently poured water from a bucket used just for that purpose on his head. His hair glistened in the moonlight, shining like silver. She continued to pour and watched as it clung with wetness to the arch of his back.

"I think you got all the shampoo out."

"Oh, I guess I did." The hanyou then moved his hair over his right shoulder so she had clear access to his back. He turned when after a few moments she did nothing.

"You said you were going to wash my back."

"Oh." How many times had she said that now? Couldn't she come up with any better words? She lathered up her hands and began cleaning his back. She couldn't believe how strong he was. She had known it for a long time. She had seen him fight impossible battles and win. She had ridden on this very back too many times to count, but she had always been too busy to really notice his strength. She ran her hands down his back long after the soap was gone. She was no longer washing but tracing each and every muscle as if she pressed too hard she would break him. A soft moan came, and it took a moment for her to figure out if it was his voice or her own.

"That feels good, Kagome." It was his. She suddenly became conscious of her actions.

"I'm sorry, Inuyasha. I didn't even realize what I was doing."

"I'm not sure you heard me right. 'Good' is not a complaint."

"Oh, I know," she giggled.

He turned around and caught her chin with a clawed hand. He lifted her face and stared into her eyes. "I am awake now, Kagome, and I still love you." Her eyes glistened with tears of happiness. She never expected him to say it again. She figured that he knew he had told her in his sleep, and it wasn't necessary to repeat it.

"I love you too, Inuyasha." He lifted her trembling body from the bank and took her further in shore. She wasn't embarrassed by his nudity but in awe. He was just so beautiful. When he removed her clothes and began exploring her body, she wasn't embarrassed either. It felt right. It felt like it was meant to be. When he finally took her, she realized that this was her destiny. She didn't stumble across this time to collect shards, or help Miroku get rid of his kazanna, or find Sango's brother, or be Shippo's foster mother. No, she came there for this. She was there to be Inuyasha's lover. That was what the fates wanted.

They lay in each other's arms and watched as the sun came up. It spread its warmth across the spring hesitantly, as if it knew the lovers were lying there. "I'm yours forever, Kagome," Inuyasha promised, "No matter what happens, I will always be with you. Should anyone, Gods forbid, hurt you, I will take their life. I want to be with you until the end of time. I would do anything to have that." Kagome smiled at him and stroked his soft ear.

"I know."

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))))

A/N: Okay my squeamish friends, that is the end for you. Please review. If you are ready, move on to the next chapter. WARNING: It's really freaking sad.