InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Of Broken Hearts and Renewal ❯ Gossip, Letters, and More ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Gash, you all really love me!!! You all really do!!! I got many reviews just after posting it yesterday and I decided to start writing. You people know how to make a writer feel uplifted when ones down!! Which makes me really sad to say I don't own Inuyasha, but heck I get to see my reviews so I'm down with that!

IMPORTANT: IF YOU HAVE READ ONLY MY FRIENDS POEM FOR CHAPTER NINE THEN I ADVISE YOU TO GO BACK AND READ IT. THAT CHAPTER WILL GIVE YOU THE REAL CHAPTER NINE AND EXPLAIN WHAT REALLY HAPPENED. PLEASE READ THAT CHAPTER IF YOU'VE HAVEN'T READ IT BEFORE BECAUSE THERE WERE SOME MESS UPS AND AS I SAID PLEASE. THANKS!!! OH AND PLEASE R/R!!

A/N: So I started to write my next chapter. Unlike many authors I tend to write my Author's notes first because…well I tend to forget of what to write. So anyways I decided that every time I would thank the reviewers but not leave them notes because that takes alotta time but my hand cramps up and I can't finish my fic. So I would love to say thanks to Fireash!!! She's always one of the first to review my chapters and she makes my day brighter. I'm glad some of you are starting to tell me what you like and which parts you like about my fic. I love it when each of you reviews every chapter. It makes me want to keep writing. I mean I don't do this for the reviews. I do it because I love the series, manga, and I love to write. I know some people who write but not put it to their all and it sometimes I see they lose their touch in writing and it quite saddens me. (I'm also sad to say that sometimes I feel as if I don't give my all so I'm really sorry for all of you to really see of what I'm really capable of but my laziness gets to me…-_-)I know they could do better but somehow they don't. You, my wonderful reviewers, are what keeps me going. Even if you don't review I'm very happy I know you read this. It's just reviews make an author feel good. Mainly writing my stories is the only thing keeping me very happy and so is other stuff. Just when I'm down I look at my reviews and it really makes me feel loved and happy. Well none of you probably love me but you probably or not read my stories for kicks or for happiness. Just by you're reviewing makes me happy. I just hope that some of you might remember this fic or any of my future ones. It means a lot to an author who writes so very well enough that the leave an impression on people's lives. Maybe I won't meet you all in my life but I'm glad I get to know you in my reviews.

I would like to thanks my other reviewers: Fuki-ti,(you crack me up! Don't worry if you were to read my chapter before you'll learn what really happened to them!) kit_Airiden,(As always you make my laugh!) Nikkiszajow, (wow 2 reviews!!! You're so funny!) and to all you that read but doesn't review. You know who you are. You all crack me up in your reviews!!

So anyways back to writing my fic! Also I was reading this fic my friend wrote one day and well if you've seen One Life To Live then you'd be happy to read hers. Well this is a quite funny phrase. She was talking about these characters. Well I'm not actually a…. um……soap person so I'm not really great at these things but there was this really funny phrase. Would you like to hear or see it??

"I'M DOWN WITH THE GAYS!"

It cracked me up when I read that. Maybe I was quite…um….weirded out at first because she's trying to get me to like her soaps. (NEVER!! NEVER I TELL YOU!!!) so anyways that's all my musings. So if no further ado………..here I present my next fic!!

~Of Broken Hearts and Renewal~

Chapter 10: Gossip, Letters, and More

Kagome woke up to the sound of her alarm. Finally she wasn't late for school. After coming home last night she was dead tired. She went to bed quickly but remembered to put the alarm on. She smiled faintly to herself. She had finally found Inuyasha. Just after, she found Shippou. So far life had dealt her good things. And to think just last week she was moping around as if it was the end of the world because Inuyasha was dead. Then she found him again. But how could she love him again after so long that she began to give up and she had buried that love deep inside her. Now how could she find the love she lost again? She found the reason for her love…. it's just he didn't remember. There was still that nagging feeling of cheating on her Inuyasha also. She missed Inuyasha dearly and she had to admit this Inuyasha was just the tiniest bit nicer but that counted, didn't it? Still…. she just wished he'd remember. Did this present Inuyasha even remember his love for her? Does she even feel anything above friendship for him? Did he? She sighed. This was just all too much in the same week. Then her eyes lolled over to her desk and behold! On that desk was her math book…and and…..oh shit!!! She was supposed to take the math test today. Argh…but she did wake up on schedule. She looked over at her clock just to soothe her nerves. Then……

Ring!!! Ring!!!!

Aaargh darn it!!!! That signaled her to be going down stairs by now. So much for getting up early, huh? Kagome rushed towards the bathroom quickly, no time to lock the door, and brushed away.

^__^

After her tussle with her clothes and hair she ran quickly. Okay so your authoress lied…after her tussle with her clothes, books, and backpack (she didn't have much time to brush her hair and so just put a cap on it. A red and white cap having the inscriptions, "Kids needs Hugs, not Drugs.").

She ran down stairs and was going in to the kitchen to get her lunch from the counter.

"Late again Kagome?" Her mother mused while chopping some cucumbers.

`Ah, yes mom. Um thanks for lunch. Orange juice is in the fridge and the toast is in the toaster."

"Thanks again mom!"

"Oh Eri called. Said to call you ASAP. I put the cell phone in your lunch bag, thought you'd be late."

"Thanks again mom." Kagome chugged down her orange juice after opening the fridge, put it in the sink, took the toast out, put it in her mouth, Said good bye in a mouth full of toast and ran out the door remembering her shoes this time.

After hearing her daughter leave Ayumi sighed. Now to see about her son…..

"So Souta. What does the timer say?"

"Say's she's 10 second earlier. I think that's better, don't you?"

"Ah…"

"10 seconds faster than last time."

"I guess you do have a point."

^__^

Kagome dialed her friend's cell phone number and waited for her friend's 3 rings before picking up rule.

"Hello?"

"Hey Eri!" Kagome said cheerfully.

"So! Words on that you've been ditching us for the so call new guy!" Eri accused on the phone.

"Hey! I can explain!"

"Then explain Higurashi!"

"Okay he's the new exchange student-"

"Duh, I should know that." Yes Kagome knew that. Her friend seemed to attract gossip to her like a moth to a light bulb. Which meant. ZZzzZzZzzZZZ. She'd be burning some day now. Which surprised Kagome that she hadn't yet.

"Okay Eri, listen. The school nurse asked me the show him around. He just moved here." So maybe it wasn't everything but telling her friends the truth would really take her to the loony bin and also a bit of punching.

"Yea,yea….I know that. It's just why haven't you introduced him to us."

"Well the last time, you see, he was attacked by a mob of girls and he seems to be kind of in a phobia of any girl in our school thing." Okay maybe she would one day learn how to find the right words to explain because right now she just sucked.

"I know. I was in that mob." Eri said in a flat voice making Kagome thinking why she was friends in the first place.

"So you were the person calling my name….."

" Well anyways there you go. You have the answer. Hey I'm approaching the school. I'll see you." Kagome turned off her cell before her friend was to interrogate her more. Eri might sound like a ditz but she was way smarter then she acted and she knew how to pull the right strings to get people answering. She wasn't a gossip for nothing.

She arrived at school in a quicker rush. She was jogging when she was talking to her friend losing some time. Kagome did have to make up that test after school. Her friends greeted her at the front gate and no sooner did she start to greet them back that the started the whole thing again.

"So what did you guys do?"

"Heard that you were on his back yesterday, a piggy back ride."

"What's up with the cap? Kids Needs Hugs not Drugs?"

"I heard he made you cry."

"I also heard that you were walking with him to his house!? Also he was at your house too!"

"Did you guys kiss?"

"Kagome it looks like you've gotten really friendly with this guy. You've ditched us for a guy too! I mean aren't we friends?"

"Wait a minute…… he made you cry!?!"

"Oh my gash! He made Kagome cry. That's it he's in our people's haters list."

"I can't believe he made her cry."

"What a jerk"

"WE should tell every one what he really is!"

Ouch, looks like lying always comes back to you…or whatever that saying was.

"Guys, guys, hold up. You all got it wrong. It's gossip you see."

"Kagome you're sweating! WE know you're lying. WE can always tell." The how had she been able to keep the secret of hopping from one time period to the other?

"Okay so …..um….. he didn't make me cry. I splashed into water and well it got all over my face and everyone blamed it on him Also we have not done anything that you accused me of. You see in one incident he was just visiting the shrine and he found out I lived there. So that's all." Kagome said in her most calm and not lying face. (So what if I can't think of a word?)

Her friends blinked. Then they soon carried into a normal conversation making Kagome believe that she had lied very well. The bell rang shortly afterwards and to Kagome's surprise she didn't meet up with Inuyasha. Well meaning that she was glad she didn't. Her friends would kill her. He probably saw and heard the interrogating girls. Went to hide in his tree until class started. This was going to be a long day. Math was up and she wasn't really willing to be drilled to death.

^__^

She was lucky that in this class you could choose to sit where you wanted. Except she didn't sit right directly near her friends or Inuyasha. Some how each of her friends were separated into different classes and only some of them had classes together. Kagome didn't have any classes with her most closes friends and since the other years she was absent mainly all the time didn't have a chance to make others. (You should know the reason.) She reached class before the second bell rang signaling that class was to begin. Many of the students were just standing around the classroom chatting with their friends. They were lucky to have a nice math teacher to let the kids in without a teacher inside unlike some teachers. Kagome saw Inuyasha enter the room partly after the bell rang but the teacher was not there yet. The students gathered to their seats. Kagome sat at the middle desk closest to the window. Inuyasha sat at the next row beside her except a seat upper. She ripped off a piece of binder paper and scribbled a message.

Inuyasha saw a paper fall onto his desk as the teacher came into the room. He wasn't those teachers who apologized if he was late, but he was a very funny cool teacher. If you talked in class he'd mark you down, if you were failing he'd give you second chances. He could be strict but he was just. Many students looked up to him. Inuyasha read the note and scribbled something back to the owner. He passed it back when the teacher turned around to write something on the board. They pass notes the whole time around class. Their notes read:

Hey, where were you?

~K

You know me. I was late but…. you know…..I'm not going to write something so secret that, that bozo next to you is going to read or these bimbos.

-I

HaHa. Either you'd like to admit it or not. They're your fellow classmates.

~K

Doesn't mean I have to love them.

-I

Your lost.

~K

What?! You love them?? You love….him???

-I

Get a chill pill. No I love them all as a class.

~K

Don't EVER scare me like that again. Hey what's with the cap?

-I

You don't need to get a heart attack. Hey I just remembered. Remember that date you asked me on? Bad hair day.

~K

That you tricked me into, that you blackmailed me into, that you- hey ouch! That hurt! You didn't really have to hit me with a pen cap! Fine. Yeah I remember. And that- hey ouch! You just hit me again! Stop it. You kno- hey ouch! You did it again!!

-I

Hehehe. I'm sorry. Well yes. You did promise me the date tomorrow. So where are we going? Oh the first pen cap was because you were complaining too much. The second you were still complaining about me hitting you. The third was for kicks.

~K

Now you said you were picking where we're going. So you have to pick. Leave me out of it.

-I

Okay. Well meet you at lunch.

~K

They ended the conversation there. So after the class and her teacher reminding her about class Kagome went to her next classes. Also he had to tell her to take the hat off making her late for the next class for borrowing Yuka's hairbrush, while Inuyasha, the lucky one, went to his classes. Kagome sighed. Was this going to be a long day?

After more gossip, more questions, lunch, and the other few classes (which this lazy other doesn't want to get into) it was time for her oh so wonderful math class of the test of doom. Kagome cursed to herself. How come she would have to be failing this class? Her Mother was a whiz at this subject and her grandfather, even in his weird ways, always was in the best subject of math next to the shrine. She just got the bad genes right? Well Kagome moped while going to the class. She had to first drop off a few things at her locker. She walked a quick pace along those old school floors. Once she reached there she saw a certain white haired Hanyou violently getting his way through his locker which was the second to last locker before turning a corner to Kagome's locker. Kagome sneaked up to the Hanyou in distress and stood right behind him. She guessed he was too frustrated and annoyed to notice.

"Need help?" Inuyasha jumped at the sudden voice right behind him. He looked slowly towards the back of him praying to every divine deity that it would not be a stalking fan girl.

"Hi!" Kagome said cheerfully.

Inuyasha sighed in happiness. "Yeah, this damn locker won't open."

"Here let me see your locker combin-"

"MISS HIGURASHI! PLEASE GO TO YOUR MATH CLASS AND TAKE YOUR MAKE UP TEST! THIS IS YOU F- I MEAN LAST CHANCE!!!" blared the speaker above them. It was no other than her very furious math teacher. Maybe if she were to reach the class before he did…….

"Okay Inuyasha. I'll help you later. Here just use my locker for now. You know where it is don't you? The one right next to the fountain? Well the combination is 8, 34, and 2. So you know how to turn it right? It should tell you how in that piece of paper." Kagome rushed off backwards and then turned around for a sprint.

"You don't know what locker number you have right? Only just the combo?" Inuyasha hollered after her.

Kagome turned around and gave him a smile before going back to her very hurried pace.

Kagome made it into her classroom just as she heard her teacher's footsteps coming round the corner. Made it. Kagome sat at the first seat in the middle row. She put on a very cheery smile and waited for her teacher.

"Miss Higurashi….." Her teacher said trailing off as he looked at her. He then frowned. "Where have you've been?"

"Sir? I was right here. I was sitting here quietly while you were muttering things and then snapped your pencil. Then you marched out of the room as if on a conquest and then I heard you on the speaker blaring loudly to make me take my math test. You could have just given me the papers instead of using that speaker, sir."

"Miss Higurashi. I know your mind games and if you don't mind…..miss…..I would like you to just take your test and leave me be."

"Um…sure." Kagome said puzzled, still acting on the innocent act. Maybe she sucked at lying, but she was a hell of an actress. Even if she was failing so miserably.

^__^

Kagome finished her test in 15 minutes and she was quite surprised it was easier now than before she took the test. She handed it in and took her backpack and came out of her classroom. She could have sworn she heard her teacher shout in joy but she could have been mistaken. She went into her locker since she did not have a chance to put her books in. She moved towards the locker, twisted the knob to her combinations, and presto. She could see Inuyasha's books in there as well. She took the books she needed and shut the door half way before opening it quickly once again.

Where is it??? Where are they?? Oh, shoot. Where could they have gone? Kagome looked frantically through her stuff. Then a foreboding thought crept into her mind. Oh no……But she quickly pushed it aside. It was better to deal with that supposed problem later than now. If her theory was true…..she wouldn't want to even think of it.

^__^

Inuyasha looked at what lay before him. What the hell were these losers doing? Would this really flatter Kagome? Is Kagome flattered by…by this?! What the hell? Jeez, he didn't expect to find this. He thought he taught those idiots a lesson. Well maybe they need another lesson. A very evil glint entered his eyes. He cracked his knuckles. Yeah, but first he'd like a word with his dear dear Kagome. They needed a talk. A long talk. Very long.

Seriously. Who would write: The temptress who has stolen my heart? The angel that has fallen from heaven its self to me? The Enchantress of my heart? To the light of my life?

Give me a fucking break.

^__^

"AAAH!"

Kagome screamed. She opened her eyes and felt her tear stained face. She had another dream.

"Inuyasha…." Kagome whispered. She looked outside. It was the middle of then night. Her side of the bedroom blocked the moon so she could not know. Besides her thoughts were away from it anyhow. She had dreamt the disappearance of Inuyasha once again. She choked back a tear sobbed. How come she was dreaming this again? It had stomped for once, but now it was back. Kagome did not want to remember anymore. She did not want to feel that lost. She found him for cripes sakes! Inuyasha……

I just wanted to be loved.

I just wanted to be selfish for once.

I didn't want to feel lost anymore!

I wanted to be happy.

I just wanted to just love and be loved.

I wanted to not be alone.

I just wanted you.

Kagome buried her head in her covers and cried quietly to herself. Except no tears came. She had after all cried so much that there were no tears left.

^__^

Kagome arrived at her locker, after many turns, eluding her friends, eluding stalkers, and eluding her teachers. She was met by her very scary dog demon friend.

"Uh, hi Inuyasha. What's up?"

"Don't give me that B.S. Kagome we need a talk. A very long talk."

"Look if your mad about me messing up where your books were, I'm sorry. I really didn't mean it. You see I was looking for something and I couldn't find it. I'm sorry since I just learned just awhile ago that you're a very big neat freak." Kagome said innocently not knowing what was going to happen.

"Yea I know. You were looking for these." Inuyasha held up papers and envelopes. The smell of different types of floral scents wafted towards her nose.

She gasped. "Inuyasha don't tell me. It better not be what I think you're holding."

"Oh but it is."

"Darnit dog boy. That's my privacy!" Kagome tried to snatch the letters away from him but he evaded her hand.

He began reading them aloud to her. More like hissing and threateningly repeating what the notes said. He evaded while he said.

"I love you."

"You are the maiden of my dreams. Feh. How corny is that?!"

"The enchantress of the stars. He so got that from a book."

"You bring the light that shines to my life. There's a song about that."

"And the oh so wonderful ordinary saying. You are the key to unlock my heart. Kagome seriously."

"That makes no excuse that you were to go in my privacy!" Kagome nearly screamed.

The bell rang. Kagome and Inuyasha did a death glare match. Kagome grabbed her book bag and started to rush off to first period. She knew that her face was blushing from the start and all the way to the finish. Which was not coming very soon now was it? Inuyasha grabbed her arm.

"Oh no you're not. There's one more letter."

"I don't give a flying frick! The bell wrung meaning I have to get to class."

"Screw math. On second thought screw school also." Inuyasha pulled Kagome to the closet and turned on the light.

"Inuyasha let me go!" Inuyasha blocked her entrance and unfortunately her exit out.

"Listen to this one. Sex and chocolate. My house, any time, any place." Inuyasha hissed menacingly but said.

Kagome scowled at that " So some of them are jerks!! It's not like I love these letters. The point is you getting into my privacy and locker!"

"You let me borrow your locker! Does this go on all the time?? Geez, it makes me wonder what happens when it's Valentines!"

"Inuyasha stop being so over protective! You don't even care for me enough to even do this!" Kagome nearly but screamed.

"Kagome I do so care for you! It's just, is it my fucking fault to care?!" Inuyasha hollered back.

"Well is it my fault it's so hard for me to open my wounds and let it heal? Because the last I did that I got deeper wounds and my heart re-shattered!"

"Well if you'd just let me be there for you, you wouldn't be here yelling at me! We'd be getting those guys to leave you alone!"

"Inuyasha I don't care! Everyone that ever really meant something to me has either faded or gone and broken me! Is it my fault that it's hard for me to just open up? I let myself be in the line over and over again and in the end I get hurt!"

"Kagome why do you feel so much hurt? And you let yourself suffer so much for others?" Inuyasha whispered.

"I don't know Inuyasha. I don't know. I just don't know anything anymore." Kagome whispered back bitterly. She looked down at ground in front of her wondering the same thing also.

Inuyasha embraced one of his truest friends he's ever had in his life. He knew how it felt. To be lost and lose everything, even yourself. When he was a child no one accepted him. Demons and human alike never would. To humans he was the unknown feared by all. As a Hanyou a despicable being who was nothing. He was none. He was both and neither. He was in between. He was just nothing. Now he met someone who may not share the same story but they did share the same pain. He just wished he could take all of it away.

Kagome still could not cry. Her eyes were read but she could not cry. They stayed like that for a while, until the very unusual warmth on her face was gone.

"Are you ready to face that cruel world now, with me?"

"Yea, are you?"

"Yea, we have to teach some fan boys a lesson."

Kagome grinned. "Lets"

They were about to open the door when it opened itself. Both had question marks in their brains. Except they were leaning too close to the door so when it suddenly flew open both teens were on the grown and by the looks of it, it was the janitor. He took a quick look at the red face twins, mistook that for they were making out. He sighed.

"Um…um….we think we're going to go now." Both teens rushed off.

"Teens" The janitor said disapprovingly. He nodded his head in a very ashamed look and took out his mop and began cleaning.

^__^

Kagome, hummed to herself, as she got ready for her big date. It was a Friday, thank kami, and she was going to spend sometime with Inuyasha. It was like the date they never but could have. She dressed casually but put a bit of lipgloss just so she could show a little effort. She wore jeans and a blouse. The jeans were casual enough and the blouse was formal enough. She had a very fun idea. So sue her, she wasn't those girls for restaurants. She was a hard core having fun and fast food junky. It was going to be a big surprise to Inuyasha. Or maybe not. She shrugged to herself. She could always go to some restaurant if Inuyasha preferred fine cuisine just as long as he paid. Kagome snickered. Okay so sue her again she was a cheap girl. But accepting that was pretty easy for her anyways.

The doorbell Rang. Kagome grabbed her purse, checked for some money, the house keys, and chapstick, checked herself over in the mirror, turned off the light and closed the door behind her. Was this going to be a fun night? Or what?

^__^

A/N:Oo0o0o0o0o0o cliffy! Are you pissed or what? Well I did go over many pages than my usual so be happy and you know how many reviews I need before I go on and write more. So how was it?? There's going to be a lot of emotion going on in this fic. Don't worry it isn't really going to be angst. Y'no I was working on a rough draft of another fic and I think it might be. But don't worry it's like 10 other fics I need to publish before the fic shall come forth. So any ways I hope you enjoyed it. I mean if you're so mad at me for that cliffy and plan to take over the world and order your first rule to kill and torture me then….well SRY??? Okay notice that sometimes I write bad grammar but that's how I write on the computer. Her guess what?? I love to chat online! Well I would like to chat with some of you reviewers online. It seems that all of you are really cool. So don't be afraid to IM me. I have 2 screennames. They should tell you on my profile page. Hey and don't ask about the name it came from being stranded in Las Vegas and bored to death. So maybe I'm bored to death that's why I ask for IM conversations. So anyways it's just and excuse. That's all.

Oh speaking of which……*waves hand in front of two very very wide eyed fuzz balls.* Hey are you two okay?

Furi-ki: It-it was so horrible………….

Fuka-ki: The-the white men……they…they wanted….

Furi-ki- But never I told them never!!!! I thrashed I dove and I bit.

Fuka-ki: But…. oh the horror. How could you mommy? How could you?

Now look here you two. In no way in hell am I your mother. Gash, you guys must be traumatized to even call me that. Nevertheless……think of it. Besides you guys all came up from boredom and my hallucinations during a certain flu.

Furi-ki: Yes…..that's right……she is…you know Fuka-ki.

Fuka-ki: Yea…….a bitch…..

I kind of miss the mommy name now. Please note I do not do the dew with……another marsupial…..you guys are….found and adopted by me. Yes…I could put it that way. Besides when you guys get over this you'll be pent over making my life miserable and also destroying th-

Furi-ki: Oh!! Oi!!! I can't believe we forgot that Fuka!! While we lay here and gaze out in shock the world is still vulnerable to take over!!

Fuka-ki: But….but the white man!!!

Furi-ki: Yea…the white man…he can still come back.

Fuka-ki: Aww hellz. Who cares taking over the world would mean we rule everything and everyone and so in the end…..we can order the torture and execution of the white man!!!

Furi-ki: You're a genius!!!

Fuka-ki: Takes one to know one.

Okay that's it. I can't take this anymore. I'm zoning them out and that is all!!! Well thanks for the reviews and you know the usual 5 reviews!! So anyways…till next time!!!

~Suki`(5 pages!! Aaagh longest ever!!)