InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Of Youkai Bondage ❯ Memory ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'm writing as fast as I can. Keep reviewing!!!!

Diclaimer: Not mine!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))))))

Kouga lay curled up in the corner of Kikyo's room. He had been owned by more than a few women and was used to being commanded to do things that were supposed to take place between people who loved each other, but he had never done the things Kikyo had just forced him to before. He felt disgusting. He closed his eyes and began to think of the only thing that kept him sane anymore. His past. It had been fifty years since he had seen those beautiful green eyes, but he would never forget them. Those sparkling emeralds had always stared at him with love. Every night he saw them in his dreams. They saw right down into his soul. She had always been the light of his life. The tired wolf youkai smiled. The thought of her always did that to him.

"Oh, I'm glad to see you liked it." Kikyo's words caught him off guard. He didn't realize she had been standing over him. He wanted to scream at her, tell her that she could never make him smile unless she promised to stay away. But Kouga knew his place. He didn't open his mouth. She ran a long fingernail across his chin and walked away. He closed his eyes again and pushed aside reality. He remembered his last words to her, as the slave traders were dragging him out of the truck after stealing them away from their home. He began humming a melody as he thought about it. It was painful and hopeful all at once. He had heard it more times than he could count. A shoe hit him in the side.

"Will you shut-up? I'm trying to get some sleep."

"I'm sorry, Mistress Kikyo." It was okay. He didn't have to hum it out loud. Her voice singing in his head was better anyway. He fell asleep with their last meeting on his mind.

"Remember me, my love!"

"Always, Kouga, every moment of every day."

Kagome sat on her bed and watched as Ayame pulled the snarls of Inuyasha's long white hair. The first thing she had done when she returned to the room with him was demand he bathe. He reeked of the dank place he had come from, and she couldn't stand it. He had a new life now. He should start it off right. In the washing process his hair had become tangled, and now the sweet female youkai was brushing it out. Kagome envied her as she saw her small hands weaving in and out of his soft mane.

"Done," she announced.

"Thanks, Ayame."

"It was my pleasure, Mistress Kagome."

"You can go now."

"Thank you, Mistress Kagome." She walked out of the room. Kagome stared at the boy for a long time. He was wearing a loose pair of khakis and no shirt. She traced each muscle exposed with her eyes, memorizing his body. She had never felt like this around anyone before, much less a slave. She drank in every inch of the boy who was a paradox in himself. He was soft yet hard, delicate yet strong, gentle yet so angry. He was overwhelming. She had started to feel something for him. While he was bathing they had talked through the door about his time with Kikyo. Kagome had been appalled while Ayame had just stared absently; she had heard these stories before. When Ayame was brushing his hair, he had talked to his mistress of the slave trader and his life on the farm. Kagome had promised to protect him, but as she looked at him now, she wanted to do more than that. She wanted to give him her heart, tell him it would be okay because she would always be with him. They would always be together. Then her gaze rested on the purple rosary. It was mocking her, reminding her that no matter how much she wanted him, even though she owned him, he would never truly be hers. The laws in her country forbid taking a youkai as a husband or wife.

"Mistress Kagome, why are you looking at me like that?" he finally asked.

"Please don't call me mistress." She had ignored his question, but he didn't notice.

"Why? All the other slaves do. That's what we're supposed to do."

"You are not the other slaves, Inuyasha." No, the other slaves hadn't made her heart feel like it was going to thump out of her chest.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, now lets go to sleep. I know you're tired." That was true. He was desperately tired and went willingly to the little bed in the corner just for him. He clicked off the lamp when Kagome laid her head down on her pillow.

"Mis- I mean, Kagome?"

"Yes, Inuyasha?"

"Won't you get in trouble for ordering me not to call you mistress?"

"Probably."

"Won't I?"

"No." This didn't make any sense to him. How could she get in trouble and he not? He closed his eyes as sleep came to claim him. He sighed and relaxed.

"Stupid girl," he whispered. He didn't know why, but against all reason, he believed her.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))

A/N: These guys are a little OOC I know. But I think it's better that way. Tell me your thoughts! Review!