InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Of Youkai Bondage ❯ Fear of a Reluctant Mistress ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I just want to thank you all so much for your reviews. They make me sooooooo happy. Every time I have something better to do than write, I look in my mailbox and realize everything else can wait. Okay I have got to reply to some questions

Evil Furby Queen: I probably won't be putting other characters in except in maybe cameo roles. Sometimes too many characters and sub-plots make a story too cluttered and confusing. Only the best can pull it off, so I'm sticking to these 5 (Kagome, Kikyo, Inuyasha, Kouga, Ayame)

Kaidal: In the next chapter.

Okay everyone, it's time for a little Inuyasha/Kagome sweetness.

Disclaimer: I'm only borrowing Inuyasha for a little fun.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))

Inuyasha wiped the dust off of Kagome's bureau for what seemed like the hundredth time that day. He had been in the Higarashi home for almost three weeks now. He loved most of it, except when Kagome was off for the day, and he was left alone. She'd been gone for only a few hours, but it seemed like eternity. He couldn't stop thinking about her. She had been so sweet to him, treating him as much like a free person as she could. They ate most of their meals together, talked together, and many nights slept together in front of the fire or television. Well, she slept. He would stay up the entire night and just watch her. Feeling her body against his made him very happy. Had she been a youkai, he would have asked her to be his mate. Had he been a human, he would have asked her to be his wife. But this was not so. She was master, and he was slave. There would be no asking of anything. He knew his place. His place was here, dusting her bureau. He threw down the rag in frustration. Why did it have to be this way?

"Inuyasha?" He whipped around.

"Oh Gods, Kagome. You scared me." They stared at each other for a while, like they had never seen their own bodies. This was far from the truth though. They had memorized long ago each and every inch of their counterparts. From the tiny freckle behind Kagome's left ear to the thin scar running along Inuyasha's shoulder, it was all familiar territory. And yet, their eyes remained fixed. Their mouths remained silent. Finally, the reluctant girl spoke up.

"Inuyasha, I need to talk to you. Come let's sit down on the couch." He complied.

"What is it, Kagome?" She took a deep breath. This was the hardest thing she'd ever done.

"Inuyasha, when I am with you, I am happy." He beamed.

"Me too."

"Wait, let me finish. Every day when I wake up, you are the first thing I think about, and you stay on my mind until sleep takes me at night. Even then, your presence invades my dreams. I feel like I've known you forever, and I feel completely at ease around you. I don't know what happened to you in your past, but it is beyond me why anyone would return you."

"They weren't like you." He wanted to say that he didn't care about them but then decided not o. Kagome was pouring her heart out to him, and he would listen.

"I know that, silly puppy. What I mean is, you make my life better. You brighten my day. I can't feel bad when I am around you. Ever since your first day here, I have had feelings for you. Heck, before that. Ever since I first laid eyes on you. Inuyasha, when I felt like those feelings were just lust, they were easier to ignore. Lust is only a bodily want. When I thought that the feelings had turned to intense caring, ignoring it became harder. Now it is impossible." What was she saying? Did she really feel for him that much? He could barely believe it.

"Why?" he squeaked out. He knew what he wanted the answer to be, but he feared not hearing it.

"Because I love you, Inuyasha." She had really said it. She loved him. "I lay down each night and think out the fact that I love you as much as is physically possible. I love you so much it hurts. Then, in the morning, I see your smiling face as you come to my bedside, and I surprise myself by loving you more."

"Oh Gods, Kagome!" He was overwhelmed. How could she love him? Why did he care about the reason? There she sat in front of him, professing her undying adoration.

"That's why I think it's best that I sell you." She was crying now. He was flabbergasted. Those were not the words he had expected.

"Why, Kagome?" he cried. "You just said you loved me, and now you want to get rid of me? That doesn't make any sense at all!"

"Why don't you understand? I love you with every ounce of my being, but you are my slave. Technically, I own you." He cringed. He hated being reminded of that when she was near. Alone he could handle it but together with her, it was just too much. He just wanted to pretend that wasn't true.

"You think I don't realize that?" He spat the words at her. She reeled backwards, obviously hurt.

"If you stayed here with me, I may be tempted to command you to do things you don't want to do. I might try to force you to love me. Then, I would be no better than Kikyo." She broke down crying. She couldn't comprehend that thought, but she knew it was true. She had the power to make him do anything she wanted, and she felt like she needed him to love her. The risk of giving into the temptation of power was frightening. After all, absolute power corrupts absolutely. She had read that somewhere. She knew it was true.

"You really are a stupid girl." She looked up into his eyes through a veil of tears. "Kagome, no one on this earth, not even you, could force me to feel a way that I don't. I may not have much freedom or even a real will of my own, but I know this, my feelings belong to me. No one can control or dictate them except for me. They are the only piece of defiance I have left. But don't worry, you don't have to tell me to love you." He leaned his face close to hers and drank in her scent. He pressed his lips gently to hers and lingered as long as he could before the need to breathe took over. She stared at him in shock, and a smile crept onto his face.

"I was already doing that on my own."

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))))))

A/N: Okay everybody, all together now! AWWWWWWWWWWWW!! I wrote the darn thing and I'm touched. Please review some more. That way my inspiration doesn't waver.