InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Offline Dates ❯ Middleman Meetings ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I'm ba-ack! Not that you care at all ^-^

I don't own anything ;.; But if I did, Miroku would SO be mine! *drools*

Sorry about the late update, went to a wedding for my Cousin w00t! I got to run barefoot through the hallways of the Chateau Laurier XD Anywho, back to the fic!


Chapter 3 - Middleman Meetings

Shippo Haisho sat calmly on a bench in the park, emerald eyes closed lazily as the music directed from his headphones swam through his mind. A sharp pain woke him from his reverie, orbs slitting open, accompanied with a scowl. He glared at Sango heatedly, muttering low beneath his breath.

"You didn't have to flick me..."

"Well, I called your name, but you didn't answer." Sango returned jauntily. The teen shifted his gaze to the girl's companion, an instant grin curving his mouth, showing off his fangs in return to her soft giggles of amusement.

"I don't believe we've met. My name is Shippo Haisho. It is a pleasure to meet you." The lady stifled a soft squeal at his politeness. She smiled brightly and bowed her head.

"It is a pleasure to meet you as well, Shippo. My name is Kagome Higurashi." Shippo eyed her quickly, taking in her features. She had long, thick, silky ebon hair that reached mid-back in attractive waves. Warm, steely blue eyes-nearly silver around the pupil-shone from the light shadow created by thick bangs. Her complexion was fair, contrasting neatly with the navy sundress, reaching mid-thigh, that hugged her curves elegantly, a milky tie-up sweater thrown overtop. Her outfit was all brought together with a pair of simple black sandals that made her exposed legs seem longer.

His grin widened, even as she took him in at the same time. Short auburn locks were spiked messily, covering his pointed ears and emphasizing his mischievous jade optics. He was garbed in a simple white tank top and a pair of worn jeans, through which a fluffy tail poked out, topped off with brown boots that were no doubt steel-toe.

Sango raised her brows and coughed slightly, ending their respective glances and murmured sweetly.

"Shippo, your friend, one that goes by the name Dystruction on a chat site, has asked Kagome here, out. Now, we need to get the scoop on this guy. What's he like? Tell all!" Shippo frowned for a moment in thought.

"Well, he likes to think he's tough and bad-ass, but once you get to know him, he's really trustworthy and loyal. What he needs is a girl who wont back down and will stick to her guns, ya know? Someone to soothe his temper," he murmured, glancing at Kagome assessingly "think this sweet little Miss can take him on?"

Sango rolled her eyes and giggled. "You do NOT want to see Kagome when she's pissed off, Shippo..." At this, the woman in question blushed lightly, muttering shyly beneath her breath. Shippo threw back his head and laughed, nodding brightly to Sango in approval. Once the laughter died down, Kagome blushed a bit deeper and inquired hesitantly.

"Umm...Shippo? What does he look like?"

"Well, he has long silver hair, golden eyes, and a pair of the cutest little dog-ears on his head." The boy clasped his hands beneath his chin, voice rising to a high squeal by the end of his sentence. Both girls dissolved into giggles.


Shippo strode up the walkway to Inu Yasha's manor, taking his time. He knew for a fact that the hanyou was home. . .he could smell him. Leisurely he lifted a clawed hand to knock absently on the door, grinning in amusement at the thundering footfalls that headed his way. Somehow, it seemed, Inu Yasha had remembered to stop in front of the door, for there was no telltale thud of his thick, hard head on the solid wood. The door flew open, missing hitting the golden-eyed boy in the face by a breath.

"Hey Shippo, what's up?"

"Man, I just saw your 'date' earlier today." Inu Yasha froze, his jaw dropping in surprise. A sudden, bubbly giddiness rose in his throat, but he swallowed it down, resulting in a croaky response.

"You serious? What's she like?!" Shippo shook his head with a small, dreamy smile.

"Dude, she's sweet, polite, kind. . .need I go on?"

The hanyou cocked his head absently, a small frown curving his lips.

"I see. . .but d'you think she can handle me?" The younger youkai chuckled merrily.

"Sango said she was a 'wildfire' when mad." Inu Yasha turned his gaze in the direction of the ground, mumbling softly.

"Is she pretty?" Shippo's emerald optics glazed over.

"Pretty? Are you kidding?! That word wouldn't do the woman a bit of justice!"

Take THAT peoples! *does a victory dance* I'm cool, it's my birthday.er..or will be in 6 days! Go me! I have to go, so bai bai.

Aeryn