InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Question ❯ Family Resemblance ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer: I don’t own InuYasha or any of the characters therein. They are the property of Rumiko Takahashi, and she does a beautiful job!Please forgive any spelling and grammatical errors.



One Question

Chapter 10 – Family Resemblance



0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

Inu Yasha was sitting in his office.

He hated Mondays, and to be honest, he didn’t have a really good reason… just that they ruined his weekend.

He opened his cell phone and glanced at the picture of him and Ariana that Kagome took at the zoo.  He made her promise to send it to him, and he couldn’t believe how much this one picture meant to him.

Ariana’s hands were holding firmly unto his head, and she had the biggest grin on her face.  It was a grin he was beginning to love more and more.

He then went to the next picture; it was one of Kagome and Ariana.  He took it when they weren’t watching.  

He couldn’t help the way he smiled when he looked at it.

“Why are you so happy today?”

InuYasha turned to Miroku, who – without surprise – had a perverted grin on his face.

InuYasha shook his head, “why does everything have to be so perverted with you?”

Miroku quickly made his way next to InuYasha and was inspecting his cell phone, “Oh, it’s a picture of Kagome.”

InuYasha’s eyes widened as he looked at the other man who was in the process of waging his eyebrows.  “Oi,” he told him as he pushed the other man away.

“There has to be something about the Higurashi women and you,” Miroku continued.

“Higurashi women?”

InuYasha looked at the door and was not surprised to see Koga standing there.  “What’s this about Higurashi women?”

“Hey! Why don’t you get out of my office!”

“InuYasha clearly has a thing for Miss Kagome,” Miroku told Koga who was in the process of taking a seat inside of InuYasha’s office.

“I knew he would.  She is pretty fine after all,” Koga agreed.

InuYasha sat in his chair a moment with his fist tightly clenched, and his eye twitching, “it is a picture of Kagome and Ariana.”

“Oh, so that is the little girl in the picture,” Miroku mused aloud as he brought his finger to his chin.

“I did hear that Kagome has a daughter,” Koga said in agreement.

“Have you figured out who the father is?”

Miroku looked at him puzzled, “why would that be a secret?”

“Because, she hasn’t even told the father,” Koga told him.

Dawning crossed Miroku’s face, “I see, well from all appearances, I thought she was InuYasha’s daughter.”

InuYasha smacked him across the head, “if that is not the most retarded thing I have heard!”

“Let me see the picture,” Koga replied as he leaned over and took the phone from InuYasha.

“Could you two get out?!”

The duo ignored InuYasha.

“See,” Miroku pointed out as they went from the picture of Kagome and Ariana to the picture of InuYasha and Ariana.  “Ariana clearly has brown eyes while Kagome has blue.”

Koga shook his head, “but that can be coincidental.  There is no way to truly prove that Kagome had a child by InuYasha, except that nose curve,” Koga paused to look at InuYasha.  “She clearly has a Takahashi nose.”

Miroku studied InuYasha who was steaming with his arms crossed, “Ah, you are absolutely right.”

“Listen, there is no way Ariana is my child,” InuYasha interjected as he slammed his hand against his desk.

“And you know this for a fact?” Miroku asked him full of doubt.

“What does that mean, of course I do!”

“Kagome and Kikyo look very similar, so you are positive that you never confused Kagome for Kikyo?”

Koga nodded his head, “he is right.  The two do look very similar.”
“You are the biggest idiot, Koga.”

“So, does that mean you are not sure?” Miroku persisted.

“No, of course I have never mistook Kagome for Kikyo.”

“Never?”

“Look, the only way she can be related to me is if Kagome slept with Sesshomaru.”

At that precise moment, Sesshomaru walked in with Rin right behind him, “I have not fathered any children.”

Rin nodded somewhat annoyed, “believe me, he would not be the father of any child.”

Then they left.

After about a five second pause, “how did they hear that?”

“I have no clue,” Koga answered Miroku.

InuYasha was sitting there amazed, and then he got up and ran towards the door, “Wait…okay…does that mean that you are a virgin?”

Sesshomaru turned around and looked at InuYasha who was about to fall on the floor laughing, “I have chosen to keep my virginity for my wife, which is more then you could ever say for yours,” and then he continued walking.

“He is right, InuYasha, you are definitely not the virgin type,” Miroku said matter-of-factly.

InuYasha lifted an eyebrow at him, “Look who’s talking.”

Miroku smiled at that, “while it is true, that I am known as a somewhat promiscuous man, giving your wife your virginity… is sweet… in its own way of course.  Good thing I am not planning on getting married though.”

“I guess Sango might want to know that,” InuYasha replied as he came back to his desk.

Miroku opened his eyes wide and stood up quicker then InuYasha thought was possible, “Except Sango, please, she is the love of my life.”

“Well, maybe you should save yourself,” Koga replied with a chuckle.

“Ha ha,” Miroku replied sarcastically, “but please, the both of you, don’t repeat what I said about not getting married...”
InuYasha lifted his shoulders, “maybe I will… maybe I won’t.”

“InuYasha, if you say anything I will vanquish you to the deepest hell,” Miroku growled at him.

InuYasha stood up and laughed, “Oh, so now you have some weird power working for you?”

“In fact I do, my grandfather told me about it,” he replied smugly.

“We both know your grandfather became addicted to marijuana back during the war,” InuYasha told him as he crossed his hands over his chest.

“Yeah, Miroku, you can’t possibly think anything that old man says is true,” Koga agreed.

“But this was different; it’s called a wind-tunnel.”

InuYasha looked at him like he had lost his mind, “a wind-tunnel?”

He gave off a noisy laugh, “Yeah, and me, Koga, and Sesshomaru are all demons… come on man, this isn’t the feudal era.”

Koga laughed at InuYasha’s joke, “that’s a good one man.”

“Okay, wait,” Miroku submitted, “how did we get off track of InuYasha being Ariana’s father.”

He knew he had been beaten, but that doesn’t mean he had to let the other man win.

“Out,” InuYasha pointed at the door.

Miroku smiled as he and Koga made their way to the door.

“Yeah, there is nothing to worry about InuYasha.  The little girl looks nothing like you,” Koga gave his support.

“He is totally her father,” Koga told Miroku as they entered the hallway.

InuYasha hearing them ran after them, “for your information – which by the way – you shouldn’t even need, Kagome told me that she has told Ariana’s real father about her.”

The two men stopped in their tracks and turned to look at him, “No way,” Koga replied.

InuYasha nodded, “it’s true.  She told me on Saturday.”

Miroku nodded his head in disagreement, “have you met the man?”

InuYasha looked at him as if he were crazy, “not that I know of, I don’t know who it is either.”  He was really getting annoyed with all of Miroku’s doubt on the situation.

“Well, she hasn’t even given you his name,” Miroku asked in a leading lawyers voice.  He was one of the best in the business after all.

“Listen, I know it doesn’t make sense, but come on… I just couldn’t be the father.”

Miroku lifted his shoulders, “I know.  Its just that we haven’t had a new case in a while since the wedding, and I love putting missing dots together, but you have got to admit… you do resemble Ariana.”

InuYasha rolled his eyes, “Sure.”

He began walking back to his office and sat at his desk, and for the second time that day opened his phone to look at the pictures inside, but this time for a completely different reason.

‘I couldn’t be… could I?’

He closed his phone and put it on his desk, knowing there was no way he could be.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0


A/N:  aww... I really liked this chapter. I can't help but smile with the interaction that went on between them.  Hope you all liked it :)