InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Question ❯ Opening Up ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Blanket Disclaimer: I don’t own InuYasha or any of the characters therein. They are the property of Rumiko Takahashi, and she does a beautiful job!

Please forgive any spelling and grammatical errors.



One Question


Chapter 12 – Opening Up



0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

Two days had passed since that last incident.

Two days since he saw her tear.

Two days since she walked out of his car.

Two days since he saw her.

Two days since he spoke to her.

And it was all because he opened his big mouth.

Now, that is not to say that he regretted what he said, but he might have used a bit more caution.

“Mr. Takahashi?”

He turned towards the door and noticed his secretary, Ayumi.

“What is it, Ayumi?”

The blonde haired woman bowed slightly, “you have a call, sir.”

He nodded his head, “okay, send it in here.”

She nodded her head, “sir,” and then she left.

Immediately one of the buttons on his office phone lit up, he pressed it and picked it up, “This is InuYasha.”

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

She walked into her office and shut the door. It was Thursday, which meant she was supposed to go across town to the bridal party meeting, but she really did not feel like going today.

After trying Kikyo’s cell multiple times, she decided to call the one other number she knew without getting her cell.

“Takahashi and Sons, this is Ayumi speaking,” Kagome heard on the other line.

She took a deep breath, “yes, I would like to speak to InuYasha, please. It is about the bridal party meeting we have scheduled.”

“Oh, yes, could you please wait a moment, so I can see if he is available?”

“That will be fine.”

Immediately some instrumental music began playing. It was one of the classics. Kagome didn’t know the name, but it was very popular for many companies when they put a person on hold.

“I am going to put you through,” Ayumi told her as soon as she picked up the phone.

“Okay, thank you,” Kagome replied.

There was a short period in time as the phone began ringing again that she thought that maybe she should just hang up, and go to the meeting across town, but before she could –

“This is InuYasha.”

Kagome sat in her desk frozen.

“Hello?”

He said into the phone.

“Umm, yes, I was wondering about some services…?”

Kagome hit her forehead; she really didn’t know where she was going with this.

‘Why don’t I just tell him who I am?’

“Services?” He replied, “what were you thinking of?”

Kagome felt a blush cross her cheeks, “What kind of services do you offer?”

“We provide consultation, advice, and if you are serious about a case… we can dig deep and if we win… you get to keep forty percent of the profit.”

“How do you know if something is serious?”

There was a pause on the other line of the phone, “what is it that you are calling about, and I can tell you if we need to set up another meeting?”

“Well, I suppose advice would be best,” Kagome agreed into the phone.

“Okay, I will have to tell you that I am not the best at it, but I can give it a try,” he told her in a chuckle.

Kagome held the phone tightly in both her hands, “well, you see… I am sort of obligated to something…”

“Obligated..? How?”

“Well, the father of my child… he is wanting to get to know my child…”

“Oh,” InuYasha replied, for some reason he immediately thought of Kagome.

“Well, has he been in the picture or did he just recently show interest?”

“He has been in the past, but I didn’t really give him a chance…”

“So, why the sudden interest?”

“I think… it’s because he knows about her… my child I mean.”

Realization hit InuYasha like a lightning bolt, he was definitely talking to Kagome, “oh, was there a reason that he didn’t know before? Was he on drugs, because we can definitely build a case on that if you want full custody?”

“No, as far as I know he was not on drugs,” Kagome told him with a smile. She was glad that he was being professional, even if she hadn’t told him that it was her.

“Okay, so why does he want in her life?”

“Well, when she was first born… I was scared. I really didn’t feel like I had anywhere to go or anyone to turn to, so I left.”

There was a pause on the line.

“It wasn’t until recently that he found out that I – we have a daughter, and well… I do want him to know everything, but…”

“But?”

InuYasha knew he was on the verge of something important.

“But… I don’t know… maybe I am just being foolish.”

“How so?”

“It’s just that where I was in my life back then… I had no idea what love was… and well he… he was just so far from knowing who I was that telling him now would just cause problems.”

“But how do you know that if you don’t at least try?”

“I don’t know… maybe it's fear of rejection or fear or the unknown, but whatever it is… I just can’t manage to get over it.”

“Well, if you want my advice, which like I said… is horrible most of the time. I really think you should come clean with him. You might be afraid of what will happen in the future, but think… you might be missing out on something too, you know?”

“Yeah, you are right, I guess. I am just being foolish… maybe my friend was right.”

“You aren’t being foolish, Kagome.”

Kagome laughed into the phone, “Did you know it was me the whole time?”

He smirked, “I wouldn’t say the entire time, but yea, I kind of recognized your voice, and then when you started talking about your case… yea, it was clear then.”

“Well, for the record, you give pretty good advice,” she told him smiling.

“Yeah, well don’t spread that around. The last thing I need is for everyone coming to me with their problems.”

“True,” Kagome told him in a small laugh, “Well, actually, I did have a true reason for calling…”

“Oh,” InuYasha put a hand to his heart. “You mean to get my awesome advice wasn’t the reason?” He asked her hurt.

Kagome giggled at him, “sadly, no. I was trying to get a hold of Kikyo, but she wasn’t answering, and I will not be able to make it to the meeting today. We are swamped here.”

He shook his head. “So, you are going to force me to sit there without you?
Where is your humanity, Kagome?”

Kagome laughed. “I will make it up to you later,” she promised him.

“You better,” he told her with a smirk.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

A/N: Small chapter, but I did tell you all that I would update for Christmas, and I think this leaves things on a better note :) Merry Christmas everyone!

FF.NET – REVIEWS:

Princess Inume : I hope you enjoyed this chapter since I left them smiling :)

StevieWonderboyx : Oh gosh, I will let you know that he did not rape her. I make things sad at times, but I think that would just be too hard for her to handle. I don't know if I would ever want to be with someone that raped me that I didn't know, and then had his baby... that would be one messed up story haha. I am glad to hear that you like it though. Merry Christmas!

RiceBallMaker94 : I hope you have a good holiday as well. Thank you for reading and writing reviews :) Merry Christmas!

Fairy Rains : Thank you! Merry Christmas!

Anime Lady PIMP : Thank you! I hope you enjoyed this chapter as well. Merry Christmas!

MM.ORG – REVIEWS:

kookookitty : After you posted that, yes. Lol. Thank you for the advice. The story is doing so well over there. I have almost 40 reviews, and the story is on the same chapter, which is why I have taken so long in updating this story on this site. I hope you stayed with me :) Hope you have a Merry Christmas and thank you again!


Please remember to review!