InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Question ❯ Being the Boyfriend ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Blanket Disclaimer: I don’t own InuYasha or any of the characters therein. They are the property of Rumiko Takahashi, and she does a beautiful job!

Please forgive any spelling and grammatical errors.



One Question


Chapter 13 – Being the Boyfriend



0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

For the first time, in a very long time, Kagome was looking forward to keeping up with her end of the bargain.

“Do we have to go to a club though?”

Yes, that was the only problem she had.

“And? It’s not like you get a say in the matter,” he told her as he winked.

Kagome looked out the window and crossed her arms making sure that he heard her grumble of complaints as she turned the other way.

InuYasha just started laughing at her expense, “you know, we should totally be in more situations like this, because it sure is funny when you don’t get your way.”

Kagome looked at him with her mouth hanging slightly agape, but she couldn’t deny the small pleasure at seeing him in such a good mood.

“So, where are we going exactly?” She asked him deciding that since he was having so much fun making fun of her, she was not accomplishing her goal.

He looked at her, “do I hear a form of complaining in your voice?”

Kagome locked eyes with him, “and what if you do?”

He tightened his grip on the steering wheel. “Well, then we will have to play my games, and you are horrible when it comes to that,” he reminded her with a wag of his eyebrows.

Kagome’s eyes widened; she definitely did not want to be in another position like she was last time, being that drunk was not good for her.

“Yeah, maybe it was just something you heard,” she told him with a wink.

He chuckled, “Oh, well maybe it was.”

“Besides, I was thinking this spot would be good for the bachelor and bachelorette party, plus it is pretty close to where Kikyo and Koga are getting married” he told her smiling.

She looked at him shocked, “wow, look at Mr. Work-a-holic over here.”

InuYasha turned smug, “well, somebody has to pull some weight around here.”

Kagome laughed.

“So,” she started as they went further and further down the highway. “How have things been going with you and… what was the name of the girl that worked at the cake shop…?”

InuYasha lifted his eyebrow, “Makoto?”

Kagome snapped her finger and nodded her head, “yeah, her.”

InuYasha looked back at the road, “oh, well… things just didn’t work out. She wasn’t my type.”

Kagome cocked her head at him. “Not your type? Well, that is news to me. You were all over her when we were at the shop that day.”

InuYasha shook his head, “No, that was definitely your imagination.”

“Oh,” Kagome replied as she looked out her window.

“What about you and that one guy… what was his name?”

Kagome turned to face him, “Hojo?”

“Yeah,” InuYasha nodded.

“Well… we just were… never really like that,” she told him with a small blush.

“Oh, I thought you two had something there?”

Kagome looked at the road. For some reason she couldn’t look at him… with the way he was acting right now… all –

“No.”

For some reason, that answer made him feel real good.

“Well, that’s good to hear,” he replied quietly.

Kagome turned wide-eyed at him, “What?”

He panicked for a moment, “I said we are almost there.”

“Oh.”

He found the exit, and they got off, glad that the ride in the car was almost through, because now it was just awkward in there.

“How about some music?” InuYasha replied, not being able to stand the stiffness in the car anymore.

“A little bit,
A little bit,
A little bit in love with you,” A little Bit: Lykke Li ft. Drake

Kagome and InuYasha looked at each other with a blush aligning their cheeks.

“Maybe another station,” Kagome suggested as she began flipping through the channels.

“Yeah, try 99.5.”

“What station is that? I don’t think I have heard of it,” Kagome asked as she focused her attention on the radio, trying desperately not to look at InuYasha.

“Hold my hand,
Let’s chase the sun,
We both know something’s begun
Nothing feels that real without you
Wanna learn so much about you
Shining star I’ve seen your face
Everything falls into place
Nothing else seems to matter
You bring me to life
I was so lonely
What you’ve shown me
Is that I need you here
Feels like the raindrops on my skin
You’ve reached me somewhere deep within
You make my body come alive
You bring me alive” Raindrops: DJ Diamond

They locked eyes this time, and she was sure that he had that gut turning feeling in his stomach just as she did.

Kagome felt her face heating up and turned away, “can we not get a song like this?”

InuYasha laughed awkwardly, “Well, it is techno.”

“Techno, wow! I had no idea you were all into that jumpy music,” she told him as she smiled.

“Hey, it’s cool,” he told her faking hurt.

“Sure it is,” she replied laughing.

But InuYasha laughed back, glad that the mood was more comfortable once again, just as they pulled into the parking lot for the club.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

Kagome looked around and had to admit, InuYasha might have just found the perfect place for the bachelor and bachelorette parties.

There was a DJ in the middle and the lights bounced up and down with the music.

As soon as a person walked in, they felt the electricity of the place. It didn’t feel claustrophobic even though people were extremely close together.

She smiled at him and noticed that he was smiling at her, “it’s a winner… isn’t it?”

She couldn’t help but nod her head, “actually yes. It is possibly the best place to have the parties.”

Plus, since the two parties were on two different nights, they wouldn’t run into each other.

“There are actually private rooms in the back. We can rent them out, so we can all be in one place… we just wont tell the bride and groom,” he told her as he winked.

Kagome shook her head, “I don’t know if that would be the best idea though. We are likely to run into each other.”

InuYasha laughed, “Oh, so you were trying to plan something naughty.”

Kagome felt a blush cross her face, “well… not – no.”

InuYasha let out a large breath. “Yeah, for some reason I am finding it terribly hard to believe you.”

“Well, you don’t have to believe me, but it isn’t naughty.”

“Good,” InuYasha told her as he grinned, “then we can book them both here – on the same night.”

Kagome hesitated. “Fine,” she told him as she shook his hand, making a deal.

“Man,” InuYasha grumbled as he remembered something.

“What?” Kagome asked him.

“Miroku is hell bent on getting strippers,” he told her with an innocent uplift of his shoulders.

Kagome laughed at him, “well, that might be awkward if we are right next to you guys.”

InuYasha snapped his fingers, “how about you girls strip.”

Kagome looked at him like he had lost his mind as a blush began to cross her face.

He gave her a toothy grin, “got ya!”

Kagome faked a laugh, “you bet you did.”

“Well, let’s find the manager,” he told her as they began to head more into the club.

The more they walked, the more Kagome doubted that even if they did have the parties on the same night… the likelihood of them actually running into each other would be nearly impossible. The place was huge.

There was a balcony at the back, and they began up the steps, “this is the V.I.P. section, but I know that this is where the owner hangs out.”

Kagome looked at him wide-eyed; he sure did know a lot about all these clubs.

Finally, they reached the entrance of a deep mahogany door. The atmosphere immediately changed when they entered the V.I.P section. It was still electric from the booming music, but now as she passed booth after booth she could tell that everyone was wealthy.

The men started biting their lower lip and looking at her, and Kagome immediately felt an overwhelming awkward feeling, and to think, she wasn’t even dressed that cute.

One of the waitress’s walked up to InuYasha. “Yasha, haven’t seen you in a while,” she told him as she planted the biggest kiss on his lips.

Kagome decided that now was the proper time to look away.

“Natalia, I’ve missed seeing you too,” he told her as he decided to tap her butt.

Kagome didn’t think she could turn a brighter shade of red.

‘Nothing could make this more awkward,’ Kagome thought to herself.

“Hey baby,” a man said close to her ear.

Kagome quickly turned around.

In front of her was a very attractive guy, probably around his mid-twenties. He looked like a rich spoiled kid to her though.

She did not like the way his eyes were roaming over her body.

“So, you come here often?”

His dark brown eyes focused back on her.

“Step off,” InuYasha replied as he placed his arm around her shoulders.

Kagome was so relieved that he was there.

“Who the hell are you?” The brown haired man asked InuYasha as he stepped up to him.

“Stand behind me, Kagome,” InuYasha instructed her, and immediately she did as he asked.

“I’m her boyfriend.” He told him.

Kagome felt her face heat up.

“Who are you?” InuYasha asked him as he put a finger in his chest. “Are you trying to mess with my girl?”

As he finished this, he softly moved Kagome closer to the side-center of his body, showing the other man that he meant what he was saying.

The man looked at Kagome for a moment, before looking back at InuYasha. “Then why were you all over that waitress?”

InuYasha laughed at him. “I was not all over her. If I can recall, which might I add, my memory is remarkable, she came onto me.”

“You were all over her butt,” the man persisted.

InuYasha smiled smugly at the man in front of him, and then pressed Kagome closer to him and ravished her lips in a kiss.

Kagome felt so stiff and intoxicated, shocked and heated, and for what felt like an eternity she stayed like that. Her heart beating uncontrollably in her chest, while at the same time, her stomach was doing butterflies.

Slowly, she returned the feeling – her breathing staggered and rugged. He wrapped his arms more tightly around her waist and turned his head.

She crushed her body into his. This tension was welcomed. It set a spark a lit within her that she hadn’t known had been missing.

InuYasha was inebriated by all that was the woman in his arms. He hadn’t had this feeling but one other time before. It was overwhelming and heart pounding. Something that he missed terribly.

Finally, they broke apart.

Their breathing ragged still from all the tension and passion that went into that one act.

Kagome opened her blue eyes and felt a blush paint its’ way across her cheeks as she met his hazel orbs.

“I think we got rid of him,” he said slowly.

Kagome dumbly nodded her head. The other man being the furthest thing from her mind.

InuYasha took a deep breath and reached for her hand, “here, let’s just walk like this until we get out of this section.”

Kagome felt the blood leave her face. “Oh,” she replied as they began walking. Realizing that she had gotten herself all worked up for a guy who hadn’t felt anything.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

A/N: poor Kagome. :(
This story still has so much more potential, and of course feelings to be messed with. I hope you all are enjoying this story, because I sure as hell am haha.

REVIEWS:

Princess Inume and fanficnewbiee : thank you!

RiceBallMaker94 : Yeah, that talk really brought them closer in their friendship, and it is setting the stage for what needs to happen later.

Fairy Rains : I promise you live in my mind somewhere lol. Thanks for the review!