InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Question ❯ The Perfect Kiss ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Blanket Disclaimer: I don’t own InuYasha or any of the characters therein. They are the property of Rumiko Takahashi, and she does a beautiful job!

Please forgive any spelling and grammatical errors.



One Question


Chapter 14 – The Perfect Kiss



0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

After a while, Kagome really felt like she wanted to go home.

“What is wrong with you?” InuYasha asked her for about the tenth time.

She looked angrily at him, “you are a jerk you know that.”

“What are you talking about?” He shot back.

She felt her face heat up. She knew if she said something she would seem so… vulnerable, but if she didn’t say anything…

“You are just so dumb,” she told him as she began to walk away.

InuYasha grabbed her arm, “you are not going anywhere.”

They stared down at each other.

Kagome felt like if she stood there any longer she would break from the humiliation. She had to get out of there.

“I have to go to the bathroom,” she told him as she saw the sign for the women’s room about twenty feet from them.

InuYasha looked behind him and slowly let his firm hold on her arm go, “fine, but I will be right here.”

“Fine,” Kagome told him as she stomped away.

As soon as she made her way to the bathroom, she shut the door and slid down the wall. The tears kind of just started on their own, but she didn’t have the will to hold them back.

She just felt so foolish.

After about two minutes she heard a knock on the door, “Come on, Kagome,” she heard InuYasha’s muffled voice, and she rolled her eyes.

He was the last person she wanted to see, and she still had to ride home with him.

“In a minute,” she yelled back, trying to check her reflection in the mirror, hoping that she didn’t look horrible, before she went back out in the abyss of people.

After rubbing under her eyes a few more times and blowing her nose, she exited the room.

She bumped into someone and rolled her eyes knowing that it was InuYasha, but when she looked up, “Bankotsu?”

He was the last person she thought she would see.

He smiled at her, “Kagome? I didn’t know that you came out to clubs…”

Kagome scratched the back of her head, knowing that she didn’t, “Actually, I was just here seeing about setting up a bachelorette party for my sister. It is going to be in a week and a half.”

Bankotsu nodded, “Oh, so are you here by yourself?”

Kagome saw him looking around behind her, just as she caught a glimpse of InuYasha heading towards them.

And for some reason, no matter how foolish she knew it was…

“No,” she answered him and slowly leaned up and captured his lips in a kiss.

Kagome knew she took him off guard, but he quickly wrapped his arms around her waist.

She allowed him to do what he wanted, even if it felt nothing like kissing InuYasha.

They pulled apart, and immediately Kagome’s eyes shot to where she had last seen InuYasha.

Bankotsu turned around, and he too saw him standing there. “Crap,” he replied when he saw him.

Kagome was frozen.

She was not expecting to see him looking so… so… hurt.

But before she could go towards him, he turned and made his way to the door.

Bankotsu turned to face Kagome, “so… did I just get used?”

Kagome smiled sheepishly at Bankotsu, “I am sorry. He just… ugh!”

Bankotsu laughed, “Hey, don’t worry about it.”

He pointed to a table in front of them, and they both sat down.

“So, what is going on?” Bankotsu asked as he lifted a glass to his mouth.

Kagome let out a deep breath, “I don’t even know where to start. It is all so complicated.”

Bankotsu smiled at her, “it couldn’t be that bad?”

Kagome shook her head, “you have no idea.”

“Try me,” he challenged.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

“Okay, I was wrong.” He told her as he sat with his empty beer bottle.

Kagome nodded sadly. “I know.”

“And he has no idea?” He asked her again to make sure.

She felt like crying, “No.” She looked up at him, “I know it is horrible, but I just don’t know what to do. I feel like it would ruin everything.”

Bankotsu sat there a moment, looking at his hand as it turned the bottle slightly to the right and then slightly to the left, “you have to tell him.” He made it sound like the simplest thing in the world.

Kagome rubbed her head, “I know.”

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

The next morning was completely awkward.

Ariana looked from Kagome to InuYasha, and then back again, finally, the young girl had enough, “mommy, are you and daddy mad at each other?”

Kagome looked worriedly at her daughter, “No, baby, mommy and daddy aren’t mad at each other,” she told her with as much of a smile as she could manage.

She saw InuYasha nod his head in the negative as he let out a puff of aggravated air.

The small smile that she managed quickly left her face as her hands went to her lap. “Ariana, why don’t you tell daddy about what you did at school this week?” Kagome suggested.

InuYasha turned to Ariana. “Yeah, tell daddy about your week,” he told her with a grin.

Kagome scooted further down in her chair, and this was why it was so awkward. He would be normal with Ariana, which was amazing, but anytime she would open her mouth… yeah… the cold shoulder was overwhelming.

Ariana looked at him with her wide brown eyes. “Well, Ms. Suki let us play outside yesterday,” she told him excitedly.

InuYasha widened his eyes as well, “oh she did? It was a very nice day wasn’t it?”

She nodded her head, “Oh yeah. It was nice.”

He let out a small laugh, “well that is good. Did you have a good night with your grandma?”

“Oh Yeah, grandma and me made cookies,” she told him with an extra sense of rationale.

“Cookies,” he replied, “what kind?”

“Sugar, my favorite,” she told him as she pointed at herself.

“Wow, that’s my favorite too,” InuYasha replied honestly.

Ariana turned to Kagome, “did you hear that mommy?”

Kagome smiled at the girl. “I sure did,” she told her smiling.

“Mommy doesn’t like sugar cookies,” she told InuYasha.

InuYasha looked at Kagome, “how can you not like sugar cookies?” He asked her openly.

Kagome felt a blush forming on her cheeks. “I just have not ever really liked them,” she told him frankly.

“Well, I guess mommy is just weird,” he told Ariana with a smile.

Ariana smiled really big back at him, “yeah.”

Kagome smiled too, because for the first time that day… she felt like the day might be normal.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

“Where are we going daddy?” Ariana asked for about the twentieth time.

InuYasha shook his head. “I can’t tell you. It’s a secret, but the good thing is we are almost there,” he told her with a wink.

Her eyes got as big as saucers, “Really?”

He nodded his head, “really.”

At that exact time, Kagome looked out the window to the exit sign that he was getting off at, “Really?”

Now Kagome was excited.

InuYasha looked at her shocked, and shook his head, telling her to keep it a secret.

Ariana looked at Kagome, “What is it mommy?”

Kagome looked down at her daughter. “Oh, nothing, mommy just forgot something at the house,” she told her quickly making something up.

Kagome couldn’t help the goofy smile as it started to make its way across her face.

To say that she was excited was an understatement. She always wanted to go to Disney Land, but never had the chance… not even back in the states.

“InuYasha, this will be amazing,” she told him honestly.

He looked over at her, and he could see that she truly meant it. “Have you really never been?”

It was hard for him to believe that someone in their twenties spent all their life without coming.

Kagome shook her head, “No, I was either too busy or…” Kagome looked down real quick and rubbed Ariana’s head, “other things came up.”

InuYasha’s eyes widened, “Oh.”

There was nothing else he could really say.

“And… I just wanted to say that I am appalled about how yesterday ended.”

Ariana looked up at Kagome, “mommy, what is appalled?”

Kagome laughed at her daughter, but it was InuYasha that answered, “It just means that daddy is happy again,” he told the young girl.

Kagome smiled at him, knowing that he had forgiven her.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

Ariana was screaming with excitement.

InuYasha could only smile, “does that mean you are excited?”

She turned to him with the biggest smile and ran into his waist, “thank you daddy. This is the best surprise ever.”

He picked her up and brought her in his arms, “Well, I am glad that I did this for you.”

She pulled slightly away and nodded her head, before he let her back down.

She ran ahead of them, “mommy, daddy, come on!”

Kagome smiled, “Okay, baby, we are coming.”

As soon as they got through the gates, Ariana was pulling them this way and that.

She got a chance to take a picture with all her favorite characters and her favorite princess’s.

They made sure to ride every ride she wanted, and before they knew it, it was time to go.

Ariana was holding onto one of Kagome’s hands and one of InuYasha’s. The trio each had a Mickey Mouse hat as they made their way to the gate.

“Excuse me,” one of the workers called out to them.

“Would you like a picture, before you leave?”

Ariana smiled happily, “yes, let’s get a picture, daddy!”

InuYasha smiled at her, “Okay, we can get one more picture.”

“Great,” the photo person responded.

InuYasha looked at Kagome. He suddenly felt really awkward; how would they stand?

“Okay, whenever you guys are ready,” the photo person told them, finished with setting up the camera.

“Oh, mommy and daddy should kiss!”

Kagome and InuYasha immediately had a blush painted on their cheeks.

“I don’t know if that’s the best idea,” InuYasha began.

Ariana looked up at him hurt, “but that is what mommies and daddies are supposed to do.”

InuYasha looked at Kagome, whose face was still painted a light pink.

“Why don’t we just do it for her,” he heard Kagome say.

InuYasha’s eyes widened.

Ariana smiled, “that is the picture I want!”

The camera guy smiled at her, “You love your mommy and daddy don’t you?”

She smiled real big, “I do.”

“Okay, so are we kissing?” the camera guy asked them.

InuYasha looked unsure from Kagome and then to the camera guy and then back to Kagome again, “yea.”

Immediately he felt overwhelmed by this unforeseen pressure, but at the same time, when he looked back at her, it was something that he wanted to do.

‘Besides,’ he told himself, ‘it’s not like we haven’t done it before.’

“Alright, I will count to three,” the man started.

“You got to do it like you mean it!” Ariana hollered.

“One, two –”

And Kagome pressed her lips against his.

It was unexpected.

He sat there frozen for a moment.

His eyes wide-open, but slowly, he leaned into her kiss and tightened his grip on her arms as he took them both on a heart racing roller-coaster.

To him, it was over all too soon, but one thing was for sure… he was breathless.

Ariana ran up to them, “come on, let’s go get the picture!” She told them as she took her position once again in between Kagome and InuYasha.

InuYasha dumbly nodded his head and followed.

He paid for the picture and as soon as Ariana looked over it, she handed it to him.

His eyes widened, “wow,” he couldn’t help but stating.

Apparently Kagome heard him, because he saw the light pink return to her cheeks, but as he looked over the picture, one thing was for sure. They looked great together.

Kagome, for some reason, had placed both of her hands lightly on his chest.

He could see the intensity in it, the spark… that same spark he had felt.

He let out a small chuckle though; the Mickey Mouse ears definitely did not fit the mood.

“What do you think, daddy?” Ariana asked him once he was done.

“I think,” he began as he looked at Kagome, “that it’s perfect.”

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

A/N: Well, I am going to reveal to you all this was a big step in their relationship, and plus it is getting really close to the wedding, so if I wanted anything to happen, I need to get my butt in gear lol.

I hope you all liked this chapter. There is still so much emotion to be discovered and not to mention the big reveal. I hope I set it up in a way that is believable.

Any ways thank you for reading :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

REVIEWS:

RiceBallMaker94 : I know! As far as I am concerned, she is just a waitress. He goes to the club often and in my opinion, as a single male, you might hook up with some of the workers a few times. She was one of those random hookups.

Princess Inume : InuYasha and not flirting? Lol. I don't know if that is possible haha. I hope whether or not feelings are there is a little alleviated from this chapter ;)

Fairy Rains: Haha. I love that you used steamy. Lol. I agree with you. To me he will feel betrayed either way, but like you said: the bigger betrayal would come from Kikyou, since he trusted her first and they dated, whereas with Kagome he is just starting to know, but I promise I think exactly like you do. I have to think about every outlet, but I also want to have a semblance of the unexpected. Of course, I can't do that with everything, but with somethings I can :) Feel free to continue to live on the outside of my mind, not on the inside of course... like you said: it can get scary in there haha.

Fanficnewbiee : Thank you! And thank you for the review! I am happy to make a story that you all enjoy. To me that is awesome :)

Grumpy DelSan13 : Eventually, the truth about Ariana's father will come out. It will be around the wedding. I can tell you that much. Thank you, and happy holidays to you as well. I hope you have a wonderful New Year :)

Guest : I understand what you mean about her pushing him off, but at the same time, she is really starting to have feelings for him, and if you think he is the father... her feelings are pretty deep (from what I revealed in earlier chapters). The situation around Kagome's pregnancy is still a little up in the air, but I do have a layout of how I want it to go in my head. I don't think it is going to be easy on any of the characters, which to me, is situations you have to go through to grow up and realize that some things are out of your control. I think that if Kagome covered for Kikyou she would have NEVER allowed InuYasha to sleep with her, especially since she was a virgin. No matter how much you love your sister, you would not allow a man you do not know to have sex with you... which would be the equivalent to rape in my mind, but keep thinking like you are. I love to hear feedback. It lets me know that I am making a story that has you all guessing :) and thank you for the review! I hope you continue to enjoy the story.