InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Question ❯ Finding What's Important ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 15 – Finding what's Important

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

"So, we are all done?"

"Looks like it," Kagome agreed.

Kikyo smiled, "well, it looks like this is going to be the last meeting before the bachelor and bachelorette parties."

InuYasha leaned back in his chair, "I am so glad."

He opened his eyes and noticed everyone staring at him, "what?"

"Are you trying to say you didn't enjoy every minute of putting together Kikyo and Koga's wedding," Miroku asked.

"Keh," rolled his eyes, "as if I liked doing all that stuff."

Kikyo smiled, "sure you didn't."

"Oi," he hollered at her, but he knew they were just messing with him.

"Well, I guess the next time we see everyone will be in a week. Remember we are meeting there two days before the actual wedding," Kikyo reminded them.

They all rolled their eyes, having heard the plan a thousand times, "yes," they answered in unison.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

"I can't believe we are so close to this wedding happening."

"I know, it's crazy," he replied, and for the first time… he actually thought about it. His ex-girlfriend was really getting married to one of his closest friends.

She looked at him, "are you okay?"

She could tell that something was wrong. They did spend a lot of time together after all.

He just continued to stare at the elevator door, "I guess it really hasn't set in, you know?" He asked as he turned to her a moment.

And for the first time, she noticed it, "do you still love her?"

She couldn't even believe it as it came out, but the way he was acting just now… it felt like –

He let out a small laugh, "It would sound like that wouldn't it."

Her eyes widened in realization.

He turned towards her, "but that is really not it at all… not really anyways."

"I don't understand."

He shook his head, "It's just one of those moments where you realize that it really is over. There will be no more random hookups. No random phone calls about missing each other. None of that – she has moved on."

"And you haven't?" She asked him seriously.

He looked at her and a blush came to his face, "we have both moved on."

With the way he just looked at her, it was so, "both?"

He smiled, "yes, both of us."

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

"I am really doing this!"

Kagome smiled, "yes, you are."

"I am really doing this!"

Kagome could only laugh. They had been through this about ten times now. Kikyo was getting a little bit excited.

Kagome grabbed her hand, "I know. You will be so happy. He is great for you."

Kikyo had tears gather in her eyes, "he is great, isn't he?"

Kagome nodded her head, "yes, he is."

Kikyo closed her eyes, "do you think… that I did the right thing? That I am doing the right thing?"

Kagome looked at her confused, "doing the right thing? Kikyo, what are you talking about?"

Kikyo let out a small laugh and shook her head, "Oh, forget it. I am just being dumb."

Kagome nodded her head, but the statement didn't make this feeling she had go away.

"So?" Rin started, "where are we going for this party?"

She started wagging her eyebrows.

"You are too much," Sango cut in laughing.

"You got to live once and a while," Rin replied back sticking out her tongue.

"We are going to this club that InuYasha recommended," Kagome told them finally, letting the anticipation build up for a bit.

"Oh Lord, InuYasha recommended it… This is not going to be good," Sango grumbled as she hit her forehead.

Kagome laughed, "No, I promise. It is a pretty cool place."

"You better be right," Rin cut in.

"Oh, I am," and just as Kagome finished they pulled up to the club.

"Wow," Rin said in amazement.

The club was awesome. Not some hole in the wall like some of the other places that they had been to.

The parking lot was full of people trying to get in to what, in Rin's mind, had to be one of the most exclusive clubs she had been to, and not to mention, they have a V.I.P. section. Yes, they had made it in the world.

She walked excitedly from the car and rushed to the door, "come on, we are going to miss the party!"

The other girls couldn't help the giddy smiles as they looked over the place.

Kagome though was looking to make sure they wouldn't run into a particular group of boys that were meeting at the exact same spot.

'I knew this was a bad idea,' Kagome grumbled when they were still walking to the door.

She just hoped that InuYasha kept to his word and would take the guys out thirty minutes after they got here.

And just to make sure…

Sent: We are here

8:37 p.m. 12/22/13

Received: Ok, we are getting ready to leave

8:40 p.m. 12/22/13

InuYasha looked up from his phone, "Come on. Aren't you guys ready yet?"

"Where are we going again? 'Cause there better be strippers," Miroku piped up as he entered the hallway of the office.

InuYasha just rolled his eyes, "You will find out. Okay, so are we all just riding together or…?"

"I am not riding with you idiots," Sesshomaru complained.

"Oi!"

"Hey!"

"Yeah, you are in my wedding man," Koga shot back.

Sesshomaru let out a deep breath, "of course. I will ride with Koga."

"Alright that's fine," Koga replied. A little bit more at ease.

Sesshomaru rolled his eyes, noticing that none of the other men took notice of the fact that he did not apologize for what he said.

"Fools," he grumbled.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

Kagome put down the shot glass just as the other girls finished.

"Okay, we need to start something new because… Kagome and drinking does not mix," she replied to the women.

Sango started laughing, "Well, what is next on the agenda.

Just then her phone vibrated.

Received: We are here

9:03 p.m. 12/22/13

Kagome's eyes widened, "Now, we go to the reserved room."

"Oo," Rin replied excitedly.

When they got into the room, Kagome was excited that the woman was there.

The girls looked at her skeptically, knowing Kagome would not hire a female stripper for them. She must have the wrong room.

But once they got in, Kagome nodded her head to the woman and music started playing.

The woman smiled, "Hello, ladies."

Kagome noticed Sango, Rin and Kikyo blush before looking at her.

Kagome stood up, "alright, I know what this looks like, but this is a sex toy party."

The three girls in front of her eyes widened, "sex toy party?"

Kagome smiled, "you got that right."

She turned to the woman in the front of the room, "you have the floor," and then she returned to her seat.

Sent: We are in our room

9:15 p.m. 12/22/13

"Is that Sango?"

InuYasha turned worriedly over to where Miroku was looking, but then opened his phone, "No. The girls are at their own party… remember."

Miroku put his head down, "sadly, yes."

InuYasha let out a small chuckle at the other mans expense, "are you ever going to tell her how you feel?"

Miroku looked at him with wide eyes, "tell her, my friend that is not the best idea."

InuYasha lifted an eyebrow at him, "How can that not be a good idea?"

"He is just scared," Koga answered.

"I am not," Miroku resisted.

"Children," Sesshomaru muttered.

"You know, not everyone can be like you," Miroku shot at the man.

Sesshomaru looked at him intently. "Miroku, you need to take control of the situation before the situation takes control of you."

He then turned to InuYasha, "and you as well."

Miroku stared at Sesshomaru with his mouth open, while InuYasha began a tantrum, "What are you talking about? I don't have any situation."

All the other men felt like it was their turn to stare at him.

"Really?" Miroku asked him dumbly.

"Really. I don't have a situation," InuYasha defended.

"You are in denial man," Koga told him.

"And utterly retarded," Sesshomaru told him.

"I am going to beat you, Sesshomaru," InuYasha replied lifting up his sleeve.

"Okay, okay, if InuYasha really thinks that there is no situation… then there is no situation," Miroku cut in.

InuYasha backed off from Sesshomaru a bit, not really wanting to back down from beating him, but he knew he should act civilized.

"Well, why don't we buy some drinks for the groom to be," Miroku suggested as he started towards the bar.

The other men nodded their head, knowing this was going to be a long night.

Sent: Ok, we are in the bar area

9:25 p.m. 12/22/13

"Now this," the woman said as she held up a moving green one that had little spikes on it, "is called the Johnny."

Kagome felt her face heating up. She heard that these parties were fun, but she never expected to feel so…awkward.

"And this one," she pulled out a big black one, "is the Asteroid. It's the biggest one out there," she then began to pass that one around.

When it finally got around to Kagome, wiggling and turning, she felt her cheeks heat up again.

"Kagome, don't look so virginal," Kikyo told her with a small giggle.

Kagome looked at her wide-eyed and whispered, "Kikyo!"

Kikyo just smiled at her.

"All right, that was the last of them. Now, I am going to go in this small room, so if you girls want to purchase anything or get anything for Kikyo… I will be in there," and then she went through the door.

Immediately Rin got up and ran after her, "I will definitely have to get myself something with Sesshomaru acting all uptight," she kidded.

The three women just laughed at her as she closed the door behind her.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

"Now this… is a party," Miroku said as he looked at the woman in front of him.

They had gone to the literal V.I.P section where the dancers worked.

A brown haired woman bent down in front of him with a smile, "why are you acting so dislodged from society?"

He focused his brown eyes on her, "Oh," he replied as he felt his face heating up, embarrassed to be caught in this situation. "I have just got things on my mind," he told her as he turned his face away. For some reason, he couldn't make himself look at the woman.

She gently grabbed his face in her hand, "you having female problems?"

The way she asked it… like it was the simplest and easiest problem in the world, made him feel even worse.

"That is definitely not the case," he defended.

She backed away and lifted her shoulders, "oh, well, then I guess you would see nothing wrong with a little dance," she replied as she began to shake her hips back and forth in front of him.

Immediately he lifted his eyebrows and looked at her, "okay, okay, you are right," he relented. "I suppose that I could be having…girl problems," he finished quietly.

She just let out a giggle at his expanse, "well, that wasn't so hard to admit. Was it?"

He lifted his shoulders.

She sat down in a chair and crossed her legs, "listen, I know whatever is going on might seem huge or difficult or even not worth it… but believe me," she started as she grabbed his hand, "you need to tell her what is making you act this way," she replied as she stood up, "because if it makes InuYasha Takahashi turn away a woman… it is definitely important," and with that she walked away.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

A/N:

REVIEWS:

Princess Inume: Glad you liked the kissing scene. Bankotsu does know. Kagome sat down and told him all the information when InuYasha walked away. It's somewhat ironic how she can tell her old friend (Bankotsu) so easily but she has such difficulty with the father. But you never know how the father is going to react, so I suppose it is a lot easier to get an outsiders opinion on the matter then actually telling the truth to the one the truth is about and having it blow up in your face. I hope you liked this chapter :) More to come soon!

RiceBallMaker94: glad you enjoyed the last chapter. I hope you enjoyed this one as well :)

Grumpy DelSan13: I did have a great New Year. Thank you! My daughter and I watched some dragon ball z abridge, which if you like to laugh and you have not watched it I would totally recommend it. It is HILARIOUS! (oh, and by my daughter and I... I mean me. She is 2, so she was basically asleep next to me haha.)
I hope I updated fast enough for you :)

Fairy Rains: glad to hear that you liked it :) I suppose from this chapter you can see that my butt is definitely getting in gear lol. So the climax is about to come up real soon (wink wink).

g0ld3n: oh my goodness. Thank you so much for the review. I am so - wow. I have no other words. Your review literally made my day. I showed my mom, sister, and husband... and how could I not? Thank you! Although I do not believe or say that I am as great or magnificent as some other writers out there... you have me believing that it is possible, so thank you again!

Peace: thank you! I find it rather cute too, so I am glad to know that you agree with me. Hope you enjoyed this chapter :)

fanficnewbiee: haha. Yes, she is single too. Isn't it great how they are both single at the same time? Lol. Hope you liked this chapter. Thank you for the review :)

Anime Lady PIMP: Thank you! I hope you enjoyed this chapter as well :)