InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Question ❯ Revelation ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha or any of the characters therein. They are the property of Rumiko Takahashi, and she does a beautiful job!

Please forgive any spelling and grammatical errors.

One Question

Chapter 16 – Revelation

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

"We so – need to do this more often," Rin told the girls as she took another drink and continued dancing.

Sango smiled at her, "is it just me… or can none of you hold down your liquor?"

Kagome tightly closed her eyes and then opened them real wide, before she steadied herself on a table, "No, it is just you," she told her with a smile before letting out a large burp.

Sango laughed. "So, how are things between you and InuYasha?"

"Why? Do you see him?" Kagome asked as she turned this way and that.

Sango shook her head, "no. I was just asking, but…" then she paused a moment as she realized, "the guys arehere!"

Kagome's eyes widened as she held her hand to her lips, "shush, you can't say anything. Kikyo would kill me," she told her in a giggle.

Sango slouched in her chair, "I think I am going to kill you. Do you not understand how much I have been trying to stayawayfrom Miroku?

Kagome looked at her with sad eyes, "but why would you want to do that? He likes you so much," and then she took another sip of her drink.

Sango felt a blush painting on her cheeks, "that pervert does not like me. I am just a means to getting what he wants… nothing more."

Kagome shook her head and waved her hand at the other woman, "Are you serious? Hesolikes you Sango."

Sango just laughed, "and you are so drunk."

Kagome turned her head and lifted her shoulders, "you know, you are probably right."

"Does that mean that you should head back to the hotel, before you make any stupid decisions," Sango asked her jokingly.

Kagome pointed at her, "you have just read my mind."

Sango shook her head, "okay, I am going to tell Kikyo real quick to keep an eye on Rin, and then we can head out of here."

Kagome nodded her head slowly, "sounds great!"

Kagome watched the other woman walk away and then suddenly had this tremendous impulse to go and dance. She looked over her shoulder as Sango caught up to Kikyo, but she decided that she just wanted to go ahead of her.

'She will catch up to me,' she thought as she made her way away from her sister and friends.

Finally, she made it to the dance floor. The beat was loud, and she liked it. She slowly began dancing to the pounding… first with her upper body and then her arms went in the air, and then her entire body was flowing to the beat.

She took in a deep breath as she let go of all the stress that had been accumulating on her – stress of the wedding, the stress of secrets, and the stress of InuYasha. It was all becoming too much, so she was grateful for this.

After about five minutes of dancing, she decided that the woozy feeling that was overcoming her body probably wasn't a good thing, so she decided to sit down, and just at that moment –

"Well, well, well, look who fell into my lap."

Kagome turned quickly around – too quick, to see InuYasha. She hastily tried to get up and in so doing, managed her decent to the floor.

But, before her imminent destination came upon her, two strong hands grabbed her.

She looked at him then. His black hair was disheveled this way and that, if from nothing else, then the heat of the place, and then she moved down to his eyes, his amazing hazel eyes.

They were like looking into a faraway galaxy.

Just then she moved down to look at his lips as he licked them, and she wanted nothing more then to lean up and kiss his perfect lips.

She started leaning in closer and closer.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

He stepped away from the bar with the guys and decided to dance a little. There had been a lot on his mind with the wedding of his ex-girlfriend coming up, and with Ariana becoming a major part of his life, and then there was Kagome.

He thought again about the dancers words, "you need to tell her what is making you act this way, because if it makes InuYasha Takahashi turn away a woman… it isdefinitelyimportant."

He shook his head. Maybe she was wrong. Maybe there was nothing different about him. Maybe all this – whatever it was… was just in his head.

He turned to sit down a moment as the beat started to fade.

He looked up and was surprised to see Kagome. The way she was dancing made her look sort of like a retarded monkey, but he couldn't help but think about how beautiful she was, and that's when he stopped laughing at her to really think about that.

He just thought that she was beautiful. Not pretty… or cute, which he sometimes thought, but truly, beautiful.

And he had to grin at himself, 'maybe the dancer was right after all.'

He figured that he might as well go dance with her, but he noticed that she was heading towards his direction, so he decided to wait.

He watched as she slowly made her way to his table, and he knew that she had to have seen him, and just when he was about to get up to help her in her chair, she plopped down on him.

He felt awkward for a moment, but then again, it was Kagome, and she was drunk, so he let it slide.

"Well, well, well, look who fell into my lap," he finally replied, knowing that she had no idea that she was sitting on another human being.

She quickly turned around and looked at him wide-eyed, which, contrary to what he was trying to do, made her jerk back and nearly fall on the floor, but he was there, and he caught her and decided to just stand next to her, with the table being the other support.

When he was done positioning her, knowing that she would not fall, he looked down at her.

She was staring at him in such a mysterious way. He did not really know how to call it, but she looked breathtaking. With her lips slightly parted and her cheeks a dusty pink, and then he noticed that she was leaning in to kiss him, but he had to stop her.

He shook her shoulders, "are you alright, Kagome?"

She tightly closed her eyes and gave him a scowl, "you just ruined it," she pouted at him.

"Oh, what did I ruin?" He decided to ask her, but he already knew.

He saw her cheeks turn a slightly darker pink before looking away.

He could only grin.

"You know," Kagome started, "that I so need a boyfriend right now."

His eyes widened, "a boyfriend? Is there anyone in particular… or are you sort ofon the prowl?" He asked her with a small chuckle.

Kagome lifted her shoulders, "I suppose I amon the prowl," she replied in the same type of voice he used, but he couldn't help to see how she turned and looked at him.

He looked at her so intently, and he knew he shouldn't… but he just couldn't help himself.

"Kagome, I –" he started.

"You know," Kagome slurred out. "I have been meaning to tell you something for a while, but I just really haven't felt up to doing it."

She was sort of swaying back and forth now.

InuYasha let out a small laugh, "you really cannot hold any alcohol can you?"

Kagome smiled dumbly up at him, "nope."

"Well, I have something that I was wanting to tell you too," he told her as he tried steadying her.

"Oh, really," she asked him excited, "how cool is it... that we have to tell each other something at the exact same time?"

InuYasha grinned at her and shook his head, "I know. It is so cool."

She sat down on a chair that was nearby, well plopped would be the more proper wording.

Kagome rubbed her head, "I feel like I have such a horrible headache, or is it my stomach?"

InuYasha sat in a chair as close as he could to her. He really didn't want her falling out of it, "it might be a little bit of both."

Kagome shook her head with her eyes still closed, "I think you are right."

"Oh, I think I am going to be sick," Kagome suddenly said as her hand went to her mouth.

InuYasha immediately got up out of the chair and pulled her up softly by her arm, "Well, I think I should take you back to the hotel. You have your key on you? I will hold onto it until we get there to make sure you don't loose it," he told her with a chuckle.

Kagome stuck her tongue out at him, "I might just have to throw up on you," she replied as she handed him the key.

As they began to head towards the door, she turned to him. She looked at him in such an un-Kagome like way, but at the same time, it was a look only she could give him that would make his heart stop the way it was.

"InuYasha, do you want to be Ariana's father?"

He looked deep into her blue orbs, and he saw such sadness there; it was something that he hated seeing, "Of course I want to be her father, Kagome."

Kagome closed her eyes and smiled as a few tears trickled down her face, "Well that's good, because you –"

But she bent down and threw up all over the cement ground in front of them.
InuYasha made sure to keep her hair out of her face until she was done, "are you okay?" He asked once she started getting up.

She coughed a few times but slowly nodded her head, "yeah, I think I just need to go and lay down for a bit."

"Agreed," he told her as he led her out of the club.

Whatever she had to say, she could tell him some other time.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

Sango turned around to get Kagome after telling Kikyo the plan and was surprised to see the other girl missing. Immediately panic set in. The last thing she needed was for herverydrunk friend to go into this packed club right now.

She looked over by the bar, and then on the dance floor.

She looked by the V.I.P section, and then she went back towards the private rooms, but there was no luck, and not to mention that the other woman wasnotanswering her cell phone.

Sango felt like she was about to have a heart attack, but then, she looked over by the tables towards the front of the club, and there she was puking on InuYasha's shoes, and she had to laugh.

Immediately she walked over to them, "InuYasha."

He turned around like a deer caught in headlights, "Sango!"

Kagome looked at her with a huge smile and then went to hug her, "where have you been? I was looking everywhere for you and then oops! I ran into InuYasha. I had no idea they were here," Kagome told him as she winked.
InuYasha just hit his head.

Sango laughed. "It's fine; she told me earlier that you guys were here."

InuYasha laughed, "Oh, she did… did she?"

"Yep," she replied looking at Kagome. "Oh, and she was telling me about her un-dying love for you."

Kagome looked at her like she was crazy, "did I say that?"

Sango started laughing, "If she doesn't understand the seriousness of what I just said, she definitely needs to get out of here!"

InuYasha grinned, "That's for sure. Oh," he replied as he dug into his pockets, "she handed me her room key earlier. I was going to take her, but since you're here…" and then he lost his voice.

"Yeah, I was going to take her to the hotel in the first place. Wouldn't want you taking advantage of her," Sango replied as she winked.

But InuYasha was too lost in what she had said before.

'She has un-dying love for me?'

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

A/N: aw, I can see the light lol. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. It is shaping into the culminating moment we have all been waiting for. :)

REVIEWS:

RiceBallMaker94: I know what you mean. I like Koga with Kikyo and then InuYasha with Kagome as well, but we know that life is not perfect, however perfect it may seem on the outside. Kikyo and InuYasha just have unresolved issues, but we will see here in a few chapters how they cope with it. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Grumpy DelSan13 : As for feelings InuYasha has for Kagome, I hope this added some padding as to whether they are there or not. In the next few chapters, it will definitely become apparent on where I am taking this story. As for Kikyo, in my mind she is trying to make sure that marrying Koga is the right move for her, and of course, she still thinks about InuYasha. She has not seen him for five years, so she wants to make sure she is doing the right thing for herself. She still feels this slight pull to InuYasha, but I just think it's missing the past, since she believes that Koga is her feature. I hope you enjoyed this chapter :)

Princess Inume : I hope he gets over Kikyo as well, but the world may never know ;) lol. I kid! The answers you seek are just within the next few chapters. Hang in there!

Kokoronagomu: Haha. I think denial captures his feelings so well! To him, Kagome is not a woman he is usually attracted to, but by being forced to hang out with her... he sees the beauty in her that he would have just overlooked... not to say that she is not attractive, but a girl that wears glasses and does not dress in sleazy clothes is not his normal woman ;)

Yes, they are all human in this story. I don't know if you read Savwah Fehrr, which I started five years ago, but in that one I made them demon, hanyou, and the like. In One Question, InuYasha and Sesshoumaru have dark brown hair. They just look like normal Japanese people. Short hair.
I am glad to know that you still read fanfiction. I bet it is a chore trying to get time. Believe me I understand completely. Oh, and thank you for your reviews on Love Handouts. I did change some wording and such in that story, but I mostly kept it the same. I just wanted to post it on this site. I hope all is well with you. Thank you for the review, and I hope you enjoyed this chapter :)

FairyRains: Hot and Heavy! "Operation: Tell InuYasha he's a father" LOL. When he finally finds out it is going to be a  flashback, since there are some situational context that I feel would be better expressed in a flash back instead of "I am telling you that you are the dad and here is why," kind of thing. Option 1 sounds great in my mind. I am trying to get you all to see how Kagme is when she is drunk, so that part of the story makes sense. As for Kikyo, I would not peg her as being forgiving. I will give you some foreshadowing... just because things look like they are going to be great in this story, and it looks like it is coming to a close... it is not. DONT be fooled. But I do appreciate you thinking out loud. It keeps me on track to make sure I try and make everything flow. Hope you liked this chapter, and keep telling me what you are thinking :)

Anime Lady PIMP : Haha. My husband saw your review, and he was like what is your story about LOL. I was like it's not what you think it is!

g0ld3n: Aw, well your review made my day again lol. Thank you! I know what you mean about originality. This story, in my mind, was way different before I started writing it, and then it just came together. I actually dreamed this story up, but before I started writing it... it was the normal Kikyo and Kagome are arch enemies. Kikyou tricks Kagome, and she sleeps with InuYasha blah blah... but somehow.. it came to this, and I am so happy that it turned out the way it did. I do think it is mostly, because I am an adult with a child. I don't think like a teenager, so having a story like that would just be outside my element. You write what you know after all ;) Thank you again, and I hope you enjoyed this chapter as well.