InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Overcoming ❯ Feelings and Memory ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Overcoming

By: RayJay

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The lights were dim as a couple slowly danced around to the low music playing in the back round at the dance. They had forgotten about the presences of the other occupants of the dance because they were so engrossed in each other.

Her body was so close to his, yes. It was the opportune moment. She was vulnerable and off her guard at this time, her fiery nature seeming to have tamed for the moment, following the soothing melody of `This I Promise You' as her arms were resting on his chest. Her azure eyes were half lidded, giving a dreamy and hazy appearance to the over all presence of her face. He would have hated himself months ago for thinking such a thing but now, it seemed right. She exhaled softly and the arrogant senior was brought out of his musings when something warm lay on his chest. He tensed and looked down to see her eyes closed peacefully, her lips turned up in a content smile, as she lay comfortable on his muscled body. His arms pulled her closer as he nuzzled in her soft wavy almond hair, closing his own eyes in the tranquility that brought him. He was touching her, holding her… He never dreamed he would have ever gotten so closer to her.

"Sesshomaru…" She whispered, looking up. Azure caught gold in the dim lighting of the high school gym. "I'm confused…" She finished, her head finding a more comfortable position against his sultry chest.

"So am I," He muttered into her hair when she re-adjusted herself into his body.

"I thought we were enemies. You hated me. I hated you…" She smiled and a small giggle escaped her lips. Sesshomaru looked down into her face and raised one of his eyebrows delicately.

"What is it you find so amusing Kara?" He asked wondering why she was laughing at him suddenly. She sighed and gazed up into his stunningly handsome face.

"It's strange that we started out with negative feelings but…" She swallowed, her cheeks starting to glow crimson. "I think that even though you are rude, supercilious, arrogant and cold, that I may have not looked deep enough," she finished, clearing her throat, her little confession making her feel slightly uncomfortable. Sesshomaru stared at her a moment, his comprehension dawning on him.

"What do you want from me?" He whispered in her ear, rubbing his nose softly against her ear.

"It's not what I want. It's what you want," she replied, tilting her head back when his nose probed slightly down her neck. Her face was fully red now and she felt a heat pooling in her stomach. She was anxious now, but why? Did it really matter if he wanted her or not?

Sesshomaru drew back, an amused smirk hinting across his lips at her flushed face and the quickening of her breathing. "It is clear that you desire me, Kara." He chuckled and watched as she pushed away from him slightly, her eyes narrowed in anger and disappointment.

"Don't toy with me! I was being honest!" She snarled through grit teeth. Why was she so hurt by this? Sesshomaru reached around her body, his hands holding her about the way in a gruff manner.

"Who's toying?" He hissed in her ear before his mouth descended down onto her own. Her eyes snapped shut reflexively as his hot and pliant mouth worked against hers. She groaned against his mouth, allowing him to search her as she tangled her fingers in his beautiful silvery-white ponytail that was hanging loose down his back. "Ever since you first pissed me off I've wanted you, Kara. Never forget that," he whispered against her skin as he nipped his way down her neck and then drew back.

"I'll never forget it," she whispered before she pulled down his head for another kiss, breaking away and dragging him out of the dance so they could become more intimate.

Sesshomaru crashed her up against the wall of the alley behind her apartment, feeling her small body beneath his own as he struggled to taste and feel more of her. She arched against him when he came to the folds of her dress.

Feeling gave into passion and passion gave into the loss of control on both sides. Sesshomaru kissed Kara one last time before they both dressed themselves. He was winded but the young woman who had driven him to lose his control was having a little more trouble moving. "Ow…" she whispered as she stood up, moving around a little before collapsing onto his body for support. "Who thought losing my virginity would be so painful? This is all your fault," she mock accused as she poked him in the stomach.

"I'm sorry, Kara. I'll never do it again," he replied in sarcasm, his hand running down the contours of her back and then up again. He never wanted to leave her again. She was his first and after that… pleasant… experience, he wanted her to be his last. He felt attached to her some way, even though it would be considered weakness. He shook his head, clearing it of all his scattered thoughts.

"I've got to go home. My mom's probably worried sick," She giggled and cracked her back, moving stiffly. Before she could leave, Sesshomaru kissed her forcefully and she replied by adding her feeling. "Aishiteru…" she whispered as she started to cross the street.

"Aishiteru…" He replied into the wind, knowing she would never hear it. He turned himself and started to head home.

~*~

6 months prior…

Idiotic teachers. Just flunk the loser and get him out of here, Sesshomaru thought in irritation at the insignificant babble of one of his classmates. "I know we all seem fascinated by what you're droning on and on about, but this is a class and some of us are trying to learn," The handsome 18 year old said as he tapped his fingers on the desk in disinterest. Some of the other occupants of the class turned to stare at how cruel and stoic his tone were.

The speaker immediately hushed and his eyes went to his desk. The teacher cleared her throat and looked at Sesshomaru skeptically, with naught but a bit of surprise. "Sesshomaru, I'm happy that you're eager to learn but that was really rude of you."

"I do not come to school for etiquette," the intelligent young man replied, his tone emotionless as he observed his female A.P. Calculus teacher, gauging her next move. Too stunned to say anything at first, she gaped at him, wide-eyed and open-mouthed. Then, she composed herself and turned to the board.

"If you'll all turn to page 234, I will…" The hour went on pretty much with the teacher explaining how to do things, Sesshomaru watching her every move and equation she did while his photographic memory did its work. There was a knock at the door and the instructor stopped.

"It's open," she called and the door opened with a fast creak and a whoosh. There stood a foreign girl with hair the color of mahogany and chestnut with flaming azure eyes standing in the doorway. She strolled in, taking a sip of her Diet Coke and crushed the can on her forehead, throwing it in the garbage. She then took a slip of paper out of her butt pocket and handed it to the teacher. The teacher read it over and nodded. "Class," she said turning to her students, "this is Kara. She is from the United States. She'll be attending our school as of today."

(It may seem slightly confusing at first but everything's going to work out! What do you think? READ AND REVIEW PLEASE! Now to work on a nice HUGE chapter for `The Princess Bride' because I'm sure people are getting impatient… Oy vey…)