InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Overcoming ❯ Foreign Exchange Student ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter One: Foreign Exchange Student

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The class of Japanese students observed their American visitor with curious eyes. Kara eyed them and after a while shifted uncomfortably. She coughed lightly and blew a bubble, staring cross-eyed at it. "You all look like you haven't seen an American before. What's up with that?" she asked, her frisky voice hinting a tint of amusement.

The teacher gaped at the young girl, her eyes wide as her glasses slid down her nose. "You speak Japanese fluently?"

"Yeah," Kara replied, laughing lightly. "My mom was half Japanese and my dad was from Kentucky so it all works out in the end. Bet you weren't expecting that, were you?" she asked, swinging her thick hair over her shoulder.

Sesshomaru glared at the new specimen that had entered the room. She was loud, annoying and seemed like she could be quite hyper if the time called for it. He tapped his fingers on the desk in boredom, an aggravated sigh passing his lips. However, while the Ice Prince was thinking rude thoughts about the newcomer, the other occupants of the class were completely thrilled.

"Oh! Are the guys cute in America? I mean, what about the ones who live in California?" Fuka called out in an excited manner. The class, except for Sesshomaru, laughed and Kara giggled.

"Well, I often wonder that myself. I've never been to California before. But, I can tell you that there were some very fine guys that went to my old high school," The foreign exchange student replied, a quirky smile cascading across her lips. "But uh… you can ask me questions later because I'm feeling kind of paranoid standing in front of thirty people, if you know what I mean?" She added, a suggestive look overcoming her face.

The classes laughed lightly again at her silly antics and the teacher smothered a chuckle herself. "You can go sit in that desk next to Sesshomaru," she told Kara, pointing to the vacant desk behind the unbelievably attractive young man who was looking like he was going to kill her. "Sesshomaru, you'll explain things to her, won't you?"

The Ice Prince sighed and golden eyes rolled in annoyance. "Whatever," he replied feeling above the small conversations going on around himself. His eyes watched her in a predatory fashion and he was so engrossed in watching her that he didn't notice that she had come to a stop next to his desk. He looked over at her and watched as her head came close to his as her lips went near her ear.

"If I didn't know any better, I could say that you're checking me out, but you don't seem like the kind of guy to do such a thing," she whispered, watching as his head jerked away from hers and he growled silently. She just smirked at him, which pissed him off even more.

"You must be blind. Sit down," He shot back at her as the teacher started to resume class. Kara leapt over the bar of the desk, gave him one cocky glance and then grinned again.

"Gladly, Mr. Grumpy-Sessho," she told him quietly as her small and shapely form slid into her seat, her shoulders rumbling with the laughter she was experiencing from Sesshomaru's angry expression. "Oh, you like that nick-name?"

"No I don't so stop saying that. In fact, don't talk to me anymore. Your presence irritates and bothers me," He shot at her, watching as she started giggling again. "Is there something you find amusing?" He growled, now ready to rip her head off. She was crossing the line. No one talked to him in such a manner. Not even his brother.

"You're so temperamental, Grumpy-Sessho. Go and enlist for anger-management!"

"Hello back there," The teacher called to the two bickering seniors. Their heads snapped around, regarding the woman in front of the blackboard as the rest of their classmates watched them. "Sesshomaru, I thought you were so eager to learn and to get this class under way."

Sesshomaru was about to defend himself by using his sarcastic humor when Kara stood up and cleared her throat. "I'm sorry Sensei. He was flirting with me and attempting to ask me out and I was simply telling him off," She answered, watching as Sesshomaru stiffened in his chair, his eyes expressing his anger. "Look what you've done Sesshomaru. You've made an idiot of yourself in front of the whole class," she said in a mock baby voice. The class laughed at him, mumbling rumors about him.

"No, I believe you've done that job yourself, bitch," He growled, standing up, bronze meeting azure. Both blazing in intensity.

"Hey! HEY! None of that in here," The teacher exclaimed, watching as the sparks were going to fly. "Either quit it, or get out."

"Gladly," Sesshomaru snapped, grabbing his books and stormed out of the class. He nearly slammed the door off its hinges when he heard the annoying American bitch call, `Bye bye Grumpy-Sessho!' Who the hell does she think she is? He thought in fury. The next time they met, she was going to be sorry she ever teased him. He went to his locker and slung his backpack over his shoulder as the end of the day bell rang and the classes emptied.

**

Sesshomaru walked through the front door, kicking off his shoes and went down the hall to his room. He tossed his bag in the corner of his tidy room (A/N: Could you expect any less from Sesshomaru?) and then flopped on his bed, his lids closing over exhausted golden eyes. He hadn't been sleeping well the last few nights and he had been overloaded with his work. Damn it. I must be doing too much, he thought but groaned in annoyance when the back door slammed and he heard the voices of his younger half-brother Inuyasha and his girlfriend Kagome, the girl who lived down the street. They had had crushes on each other ever since they were little children, but her cousin Kikyo always got in the way of their affairs. The two of them were flirting around and it was driving him nuts. "Would you kindly shut up? Some of us try to relax when we're pissed off," Sesshomaru yelled with no emotion except irritation in his voice.

He heard shuffling as a shadow clouded his doorway. His eyes shifted to see Kagome standing in the doorway. "You okay, Sesshomaru?" She asked, slightly worried.

"Why do you care? Leave me in peace," He replied in frustration. Kagome was a sweet girl yes but she was still his brother's best friend and girlfriend, thus making him annoyed with her.

"Whatever you say," She sighed and nearly bumped into Inuyasha. "Whoa! You scared me!"

"I'll scare you more then that," he replied in a seductive tone as he pushed her into the wall.

"But Inuyasha, Sessh-" She started to explain but was cut off when he kissed her fervently. She moaned, trying to point to his older brother's room but couldn't. "He can hear us," she whispered, her cheeks glowing in embarrassment.

"Sesshomaru can suck my balls," Inuyasha replied.

"I might just do that brother," Sesshomaru snarled and stood up, striding past them and into the kitchen. Morons. He reached into the refrigerator for something to eat when there was a knock at the back door. He went to go answer it.

He opened the door, only too surprised to see who was there.

(DUN DUN DUN! CLIFFHANGER! REVIEW PLEASE! This is my first AU fic! I NEED FEEDBACK!)