InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Overcoming ❯ Surprise Surprise! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Two: Surprise, Surprise!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sesshomaru's eyes narrowed into golden slits as a small growl passed his lips. He slammed the door soundly and whirled around, stomping through the kitchen, down the hallway and back into his room. Inuyasha's head popped in the doorway tilted quizzically.

"Uh, Sesshomaru… Was there someone behind that door you just slammed?" The junior asked. Kagome's head popped in.

"We're expecting this new person from our Chem. Class to come over and work on an experiment we're supposed to be doing," She stated, watching as the older young man simply sat up and looked at the two of them sardonically. One slender eyebrow lifted and his answer was quaint.

"No," he replied smoothly and rolled so that his back was facing the doorway. "Maybe the wind has learned to knock," he added gruffly, his voice hinting that he wanted them out.

"HEEEELLLLLLOOOOOOOO?" A perky voice rang out, causing Sesshomaru to flinch. Why the hell has she followed me to my house? What a stalking bitch! He snarled mentally.

"Get her out of here. She's trespassing," Sesshomaru told his half-brother as he turned to look at him. Kagome had left and was now greeting the invading visitor and laughing lightly.

"Who? Kara? No, she's our partner for our experiment," Inuyasha replied.

"Exactly. She's trespassing on my time. I want her gone," The older brother snarled sitting up, his golden eyes vibrating with anger.

All of a sudden, Kara's face came into view on the lower part of the doorway as she popped her head into his room. The look in her eyes was positively irritating and she gave him the puppy lip. "Grumpy-Sessho, what you did at the front door wasn't vewwy nice…"

"Don't. Talk. To. Me," He bit in reply, standing up smoothly, pushing her back against the opposite wall in the hallway. Inuyasha was about to protest when Kara started to giggle.

"Oh. He knows he can't resist me, can you Sessho-Wessho. Aww… wook at duh Gwumpy-Sessho-Wessho," She cooed in a purely immature and her most childish giddiest voice. She burst into a fit of laughter as Inuyasha and Kagome watched the scene in pure horror.

Kagome immediately leapt in front of the American girl when the built senior started to approach her, an angry gleam in his eyes. "Now Sesshomaru, remember. We don't hit, slap or bang girls," She said in a voice of warning. Sesshomaru let out a bark of amused laughter.

"Of course, but I believe I can make an exception with this one," He chuckled with a variety of tones in his voice.

"Go ahead. Let him bang me as hard as he can," Kara said in a seductive voice, her lids hazing over her eyes as she bobbed her eyebrows suggestively. Sesshomaru was a bit confused at her change in demeanor, as were Kagome and Inuyasha. What was she doing? Was she serious? Feeling the need for retaliation for all that she had done to him earlier and the sudden urge for a verbal spar with the nuisance of a girl, Sesshomaru answered her sexual retort.

"I'll bang you, girl, but I don't think you'll be able to handle it," He sent back, his stunningly attractive body closing in closer to hers as a kinky smirk graced his lips. "Would you care for me to demonstrate if we step into the bathroom?"

"We are going to work on our project NOW!" Inuyasha roared, grabbing Kara's slender arm as he dragged her away, blushing and stunned. Kagome followed as they rushed into the kitchen and closed the sliding door that blocked it off to the living room with a fast whoosh. "Wow, he must be really pissed at you if he was cracking off sexy crap like that. What did you do to him earlier?"

"I only made a complete idiot of him in front of the whole class in Calculus… I wonder why he's so mad?" She asked, her voice holding no question. She started to laugh contagiously spreading it to the other two occupants of the kitchen. Kagome stopped and looked at Kara in awe.

"You're a junior… and you're in Sesshomaru's class?! HE'S advanced girl! That must make you-"

"A genius…" Inuyasha balked. "What the hell are you doing in our Chemistry class if you're so friggin' smart in math?!"

"I suck at science…" Kara replied feeling slightly embarrassed. "Oh come on. I'm not that smart!" She exclaimed but her voice died out when she saw their faces that purely read `stop being so modest.' "Well then! Let's get crackin'!" She said to lighten the mood, pulling her backpack up to the counter and spilling her things onto it.

**

Sesshomaru tapped his pencil against his forehead, resorting to gnawing on the tip from his frustration. They are so damn loud! He thought in annoyance as he got up. They had been making noise in the kitchen for hours now. It was 7:00 and he was tired of their racket. They could make all the noise they wanted when he left for work in an hour.

He stretched, his muscles popping soundly. He stripped out of his shirt and headed into the living room, sliding the door open to the kitchen, glaring at all of the juniors that were occupying the kitchen, sending a special look of hatred (mixed with sensuality from the earlier confrontation) to Kara. Inuyasha turned to see his brother half naked as the taller and older young man bent down to get access into the refrigerator.

"Get some clothes on, Tarzan," He said in annoyance and disgust at seeing the looks on the girls' faces. Kagome was used to it but still marveled at his fine body. Kara was just marveling at his hot body in all around generality. Sesshomaru stood, slamming the refrigerator door with his foot as he opened a 24 oz bottle of Coke.

"Oo ee ooh," He stated in sarcasm, mocking the sounds of a dead monkey before he took a swig of his drink. "I'm going to take a shower."

"Don't say that, you perve! You've just given them scarring mental images!" Inuyasha griped as Kara's cheeks glowed red and Kagome hid her face.

"I can say whatever I want until I leave. I'm going after I take a shower," Sesshomaru growled as he went downstairs.

When the Ice Prince was downstairs in the bathroom (*cough* taking a shower *cough*), Kara looked at the clock swiftly. "Oh shit! I've got to go guys. I've got to go to my job," she said quickly as she packed her things.

"Oh! Did you just get employed?" Kagome asked as she helped.

"Yeah! Last night! Think about it. It wouldn't be cool for me to show up for my first day of work late, huh? Pathetic, I tell you! Thanks for having me over and tell your brother I'll let him bang me any time any place. He just has to catch me first! Love ya!" Kara shouted as she ran out the door.

As soon as she was gone, Kagome turned to Inuyasha. "Has Sesshomaru ever said something so sexual to anyone before?"

"Yeah, Kikyo, but that was when she had small crush on him just to make me mad," Inuyasha replied, looking away in shame.

"Oh," Kagome stuttered in a whisper, looking towards the stairs and she heard someone ascending.

"I'm going to work," Sesshomaru muttered as he passed them, shaking his long damp white hair around a bit, getting Kagome wet. She wiped her cheeks, giving him a look of confusion but then shrugged when he left the room.

"Well, I should get going then too," Kagome whispered, feeling slightly uncomfortable. Inuyasha was unable to make eye contact with her so she gave him a light hug and picked up her backpack, slinging it over her shoulder. "See you tomorrow."

"Bye," He murmured as she closed the door gently.

"Every time you let her leave like that it makes everyone in this house annoyed, Inuyasha," Sesshomaru said from behind him, buttoning up his company shirt. "You are pissed because you feel guilty. I get pissed because you're annoying all the time."

"I know, I know," Inuyasha retorted, brushing passed him. "I hurt her feelings again," he added, stopping when he was halfway through the living room. "Why does she even bother with me? She knows I'm still broken over Kikyo yet… she comes back to me every time, trying to heal my pain…"

"She's an idiot," Sesshomaru replied, tying his hair back into a long, loose ponytail.

"No she is NOT!" Inuyasha roared.

"Excuse me brother. I didn't mean it like that. I just meant she was an idiot for thinking that she should lower herself to be with you when you know you don't deserve her. Do us all a favor," The senior said, locking golden eyes with stressed amber ones. "Either keep her or set her free." He cleared his throat and grabbed his keys. "I'll be back by 11," he said over his shoulder as he went out the door to his car and drove away.

Inuyasha stood, realizing that his brother actually hadn't meant what he said in a jerky fashion. It was actually really good advice for once! Geez, Sesshomaru! Who'd of thought that you'd have some wisdom in that cold ass heart of yours?