InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Overcoming ❯ Summing It Up ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Four: Summing it up

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sesshomaru slammed the back door behind him, pulling out the rubber band that always bound his long beautiful white hair. He shook it around and sighed, trudging down the hall, passing by his dad who was asleep in the living room with the TV on. He rolled his eyes, picked up the remote and turned it off, dropped the device and then continued on his way to his room.

Kami-sama… He was feeling pretty bad at this point in time. He had never had to deal with something like this before. He had never made a girl cry in such a manner before. Of course in the past, he had hurt girls' feelings but not enough to make them cry! Maybe he had stepped too far over the line. He had, in fact, said something very judgmental and rude about her non-existent family to the point where even he realized he had gone too far. Damn it all. I have no honor. I was way out of line, picking apart that girl like that… he thought in deep guilt as he exhaled, stripped out of his uniform and let it fall to the floor by his bed. He was in no mood to keep his room clean now. It was past midnight and he was looking forward to getting just a bit of sleep. I suppose it won't come very easy now…

With an attempt to shove the conflicting thoughts out of his all ready overwhelmed mind, Sesshomaru flopped onto his bed, hoping to get some rest for the next day. He couldn't very well show up to school looking like he had lost sleep from the night before because of Kara's… that was her name wasn't it… tears.

**

Kara raked her fingers through her hair, holding it in the position of stress for a few seconds as her pencil grated mercilessly against her notebook. She could hear the faint scratching of her writing utensil as she jotted down silly things like, `band for all!' and `I like it SeXy!' She then drew a picture of Sesshomaru glaring at her, snickered at it, and then scribbled all sorts of things on it like, `jerk' `asshole' `arrogant' `bastard'. Many phrases such as those.

She was very hurt from what he had said to her yesterday. He knew none of what she did. He barely knew her and he went to pass judgments. Idiot… STUPID idiot! She growled in her mind, remembering how she had cried most of the night until she had called her best friend on her cell phone back in the U.S. for comfort.

`So you've driven a hot guy nuts all ready. What's so new about that?'

`He told me to go back to my family… He… he said he hated me and basically implied that the world should be rid of… people… l-like me…'

`Hey sweetie! Stop crying, doll! I think you're wonderful! You're cute, spunky, and adventurous and you're very feisty. Just give it some time. He probably does have a heart because believe it or not, he probably feels just a little if not a lot of guilt over what he said to you.'

`I don't know. This is Sesshomaru we're talking about here…'

`AH! I want to meet him now!'

`No. No you really don't. I'm crying here! I'm having a crisis!'

`Guys. What morons! Making such cute girls cry and then just walking away as if nothing happened. It's truly sad, I'll admit.'

`OOP! SHIT! I've got school tomorrow!'

`Oh yeah! That's right! TIME-CHANGE TO JAPAN!'

`Ja ne, Christy!'

`Uh… What's that mean again?'

`See you later…'

`Oh! Right! Ja ne Kara-Koi!'

`Awww… I love you too!'

`You need to get to bed! And I don't mean with a boy! GO TO SLEEP!'

`I will! I'll call you tomorrow!

`AH! OK! Goodnight and good luck with Mr. Grumpy-Sessho tomorrow! Kick him in the ass for making you cry for me!'

`Sure thing! See ya!'

Kara growled a bit in anger and frustration. Ooh that boy was going to get it. From now on, she was just either going to give him the cold shoulder or be complete PMSing bitch whenever he would say anything to her.

**

"Not bad Higurashi-san and group. I'll give you… An A- because you worked so hard. You did have a few mistakes here and…" as the teacher rolled on about the few errors in the experiment results that Kara, Inuyasha and Kagome had had, the couple was trying to pry what was driving Kara up a wall out of her.

"What are you so mad about?" Kagome asked gently, her perception skills telling her that she might not be ready to talk about the subject yet. The girl from the U.S. sighed, some of her long hair falling over her shoulder as she shifted her position. When she saw the teacher walk off, she folded her hands neatly in her lap.

"Well, it appears that your bastard brother is my kitchen partner, Inuyasha," Kara told the both of them in response to Kagome's question.

"What?" The younger brother of the supercilious senior replied, stunned. "You guys are working at the same place? All hell's gonna break loose!"

"Exactly my point!" Kara growled, her azure eyes narrowed and flaming with wanted revenge. She wanted to get him back. Badly.

"Hey! Calm down you two," Kagome chimed in calmly, placing her hand on Inuyasha's shoulders to soothe the tension that had strung his muscles together at the mention of Kara's words. "Sure Sesshomaru's an ass and he needs to be taught a lesson, but that doesn't really mean that you have to be the one teaching it to him!"

"Who said anything about any damn lesson?" Inuyasha asked her, his amber eyes narrowing in irritation. Kagome place her hands on her hips and returned his look with a fiery expression of her own. One that would not be defied.

"You never said it but I knew you were thinking it…" She hissed, her chocolate eyes now slit shaped. Inuyasha eyed her, knowing that she had caught him red-handed. Kara watched the couple bicker and argue in amusement, cracking up and breaking them apart.

"What?" Inuyasha snapped at her. It only made her laugh harder.

"You guys are so hilarious! Tell me, when I argued with Sesshomaru. Was it that funny?" She snorted and then continued to crack up, a tear sliding down her cheek from the outrageous giggles that escaped her diaphragm.

"No, actually, when you where having the little `sex match' with Sesshomaru, we were really scared for you," Kagome answered her, her expression softening back to its normal peaceful and serene look.

"We thought he was going to squash you like a bug! He isn't very afraid to slap a girl. He's done it before…" Inuyasha added, looking away in remembrance. Kara eyed him in perplexity.

"Who'd he hit?"

"Kikyo," Kagome said, her voice holding a steely edge to it and her eyes regarded Inuyasha. The junior boy nodded, his silvery white hair swaying slightly as a grave look also came over him.

Kara realized by their faces and their reactions it probably would not have been a very good idea to ask who Kikyo was or what she had done. She might cause more problems between Kagome and Inuyasha then she needed to. "Oh…" she said simply, not wanting to say anymore about it. The bell rang luckily, breaking up the conversation but not so luckily because Kara had to go to sixth hour. A.P. Calculus. Oh good lord. I don't want to go and see him! I sit right by him for Pete's sake! She thought as she went to her locker and got her books. She was by no means a coward. She wasn't going to skip a class just because he was there. She was stronger than that and she would handle it. No boy would keep her down.

**

Sesshomaru's eyes sparked in sudden remembrance when Kara entered the room. A few girls greeted her and commented her new sandals and a few guys handed her a couple of pieces of paper. The Ice Prince rolled his eyes at this, turning to stone when she started to walk down the row. She regarded him with cold azure eyes.

"Sesshomaru," she said acidly. He snorted in response, turning his head distastefully away. The guilt was swimming in his stomach. He could feel the destruction and chaos erupting inside his abdomen as she sat down, the last wisps of her perfume disintegrating into the air.

What was he going to do now? It was clear that she was still upset with him. Even more so, she was looking very distastefully at him instead of regarding him with innocent amusement. He did feel badly but now he was angry at the way that Kara had acted towards him. She had no right! He was older and smarter than her and he could probably crush her slender, shapely little body into a cube with no effort at all. He had actually thought of apologizing but had squashed it down the second she had spat his name like a disease. She doesn't deserve an apology after that.

Kara felt her stomach churn as she sent glances at Sesshomaru. He didn't have a heart. He didn't even look like he had felt bad about what he had said. Sandy had been wrong. She let out a pent up sigh and began to doodle some more in her little notebook. There was a picture of Sesshomaru setting his hair on fire in the kitchen, screaming like a little girl while she drew herself spraying him down with a garden hose. She had to bite her tongue to keep from laughing. She felt golden eyes seer her when her shoulders slightly vibrated and she let out a choked sound of amusement. She looked up and glared at him. He looked away in disinterest so she resumed her drawing activity.

She bit her tongue lightly and thought of a really good and funny picture to draw. `I'll bang you girl… The question is, can you handle it?' She practically snorted after she had drawn a picture of Sesshomaru `banging' her. He was taking a kitchen pan and beating her over the head a bunch of times telling her to step into the bathroom so he could hear the pot banging on her head with an echo. It was immature, she knew, but he was being just as immature as she was. I have to show these to Kagome and Inuyasha! She thought as she continued to draw the entire hour, not paying attention to anything the teacher was saying or writing on the board.

Sesshomaru heard and saw Kara stifle her laughter a couple of times while she was drawing and writing in her annoying red notebook. What was she laughing at? Was she making fun of him in some way-? Why the hell was he so curious? He nearly growled but calmed himself as he attempted to engross himself in what the teacher was saying. He couldn't though. He was feeling anger and guilt and the two were not mixing well in his gut. This was going to be a long rest of the hour and a long rest of the day. He still had to see her at work too!

Kami-sama must be punishing me, he thought in dismay as he rested his head on his cheek, wanting the day to end so he could go home and rest a bit. His eyes were terribly bloodshot. He hadn't slept because of his guilt.