InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Overcoming ❯ Sleeping Together (Literally) ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Five: Sleeping Together (Literally!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There she was, in his path again. Her azure eyes were flaming as she glared him down. Sesshomaru merely let out a snort and crossed his arms, his golden eyes narrowing in response as he leaned on the way of the foyer. "What are you doing in my house again?" He growled, making sure that his voice sounded only half of what he was feeling at the moment. He was angry and believed she should have heard it and he was also guilty but that was the little something he was attempting to hide under a brusque exterior.

"Don't talk to me like that! I'm not your slave, buck-o," Kara shot back as she poked a finger into his rock hard chest. "I don't even want you to talk to me at all. Your voice pisses me off!"

Sesshomaru stared at her blankly but then shoved passed the wall she had created with her body, throwing her off balance. She scowled and him and huffed, some of her hair flipping over her shoulder. "What the hell was that for?" The senior just kept walking along, totally ignoring everything she was saying. "Hey! EXCUSE ME!" Kara roared and it shook the house.

Sesshomaru turned his head slightly, regarding her with hot amusement. "You sound like a total bitch," he sneered at her as he flipped his ponytail over his shoulder and continued walking. "What do you want? You made it quite clear you did not want me to talk to you but-" He widened his eyes for a brief second and did a high-pitched gasp, slapping his hand to his cheek, "here you are trying to get me to stop and listen to you." Sesshomaru's playfulness disappeared and he became the stoic young man he always was once again. "Stop contradicting yourself. Why are you even here?"

"Kagome, Inuyasha and I are supposed to be working on another lab for Chemistry but… uh…" Kara blushed slightly and started to fiddle around with the ends of her hair from embarrassment. "They kinda went back to Inuyasha's room and… they… um… haven't come out for a while…" She cleared her throat and averted her eyes. Sesshomaru lifted one eyebrow at her and then scoffed at her, turning away.

"Break them up. Tell them you want to start working so you can go away and leave me alone," He told her over his shoulder as he continued down the hall.

"Are you CRAZY? I don't want to go in there if they're having sex or something!!" Kara exclaimed and held her hot cheeks. "Oh my god… I think I'm going to die of the blush fever! Ah!" she dramatically collapsed onto the ground near Sesshomaru's feet, twitching.

"What the hell are you doing?" The senior muttered, rolling his eyes at her display. As amusing at it was, it was just annoying at the moment. Wait… Why is she talking and joking around with me? I thought she was very upset with me still… Sesshomaru thought as she held up her hand to him. He glanced at it and then at her face with no traces of emotion in his visage.

"Could you… uh, help me up like a gentleman, Sesshomaru?" she asked after she had been holding her arm up for a small while. The arrogant senior sighed and pulled her up forcefully with his one arm. She was a little woozy from being jerked up so fast but it told her something new about him. He was freakishly strong! "Thanks," she said cheekily, sending him a childish grin.

"Whatever," he mumbled. "Inuyasha and Kagome most likely are not having sex, Kara. It would be in both of their best interests to wait until the appropriate age to do it," He said as he walked down the hall, stopping in front of Inuyasha's door briefly before he opened it swiftly, getting an eyeful of what was happening. He had been correct in them not making love but was slightly embarrassed all the same.

Kagome's shirt was slightly open at the top and her hair was mussed as she was lying, fully clothed, beneath Inuyasha who was looking very shaken up. The must have been making out, Sesshomaru thought and cleared his throat, now that he had their attention. "Work on your chemistry. Now."

"Why?" Inuyasha asked, sitting up properly, putting a damper on the blush in his cheeks.

"Take a guess," The senior snorted at his younger brother as he went down the hall to his room where he found Kara sitting on his bed, staring around at his room. "Who said you had permission to come in here?" He grumbled, his eyes narrowing in irritation. God she was just itching to piss his off, wasn't she? She was being a total bitch at school, even though she had a right but was now acting as if nothing had happened! It must be that time of the month… Kara started slightly but just met his gaze with a fiery azure one.

She cleared her throat, thinking about how she was going to approach the question she wanted to ask. Figuring that it would be best if the words came from her heart, she delved into uncharted waters. "Sesshomaru… Um… Do you realize that what you said last night at the restaurant was very hurtful?" she questioned him, watching as he closed the door to his room and dropped his backpack on the floor. She winced when it landed with a redundant thud. He didn't answer for a short while but he paced his room, picking up books and then putting them back in the proper order on his shelves. Kara felt herself growing slightly anxious. Had he not heard her? Was she supposed to ask again? "Sessho-"

Sesshomaru pulled out the tie on his ponytail and shook his head around a bit to tame it and let it fall back into place down his back. Kara watched in amazement at how gorgeous he looked at that moment, even if it was only a split second moment… He gazed at her with an observant eye, not saying a word. He walked to where she was sitting on the bed and stood over her, eyes the color of shining gold piercing her skin, making her skin crawl with nerves. A blush rose to her cheeks as her breath quickened when he bent slightly. What was he doing?

"Get off my bed. You're wrinkling it," he whispered playfully in her ear, chuckling when she growled at him, her cheeks now flushed in annoyance. He was a hot jackass and guys like him were very dangerous to her health, but Kara was angry all the same.

"You're a tease," she snarled at him, standing up and plopping herself on the floor next to the bed. "You're an ####### too because you haven't answered my question yet!" Sesshomaru bent back slightly, arching his back, his muscles bulking at the movement as they protested with loud pops and cracks. He sighed and then collapsed on his bed, face first, nearly kicking her in the head. "Watch it! You almost hit me!" she shouted at him, slapping his foot.

"You mean I missed? Damn," he muttered sarcastically in response, as his eyes grew heavy at the warm familiar feel of his comfortable bed. He exhaled and flipped onto his back, staring up at his ceiling. He let out a grunt when Kara leapt on top of him, straddling him like he was riding a horse. Some hair had fallen over her shoulder and she had a maniacal grin on her face, her azure eyes now flirtatious, if not seductive. She looked rather erotic but Sesshomaru was too annoyed to notice. "Get off of me," he growled, sitting up slightly, grasping her shoulders as he tried to move her without actually breaking bones or giving bruises.

"No! You haven't answered my question yet. My feelings are still hurt by the way and you don't even give a damn!" Kara panted slightly but her shoulders slumped and her body relaxed as a solemn expression came over her face. Sesshomaru's grip on her shoulders loosened until he was only touching her and not restraining her like he had been only a moment ago. "I didn't think hurting someone wouldn't bother you at all…" she tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear as she regarded him with wondrous sapphire eyes.

Sesshomaru let go of her and laid back on his pillow, his golden eyes fixated on the demeanor of her body. She was slumping and showing signs of defeat in the way she spoke. She was no longer angry but now confused. He could read it in her eyes. He had no idea what to do. He never ever told anyone what he was thinking but she was asking what his intentions were and he was ready to tell in a cryptic way. Well, why not? He had, after all, made her cry fairly hard. Doing something of that nature was just dishonorable. She did however deserve an answer because he had crossed the line of talking about her family. He set his expression to neutral and went to go about how what he was going to say. "Your family… What's happened to them?" he asked, well, it wasn't much of a question. It was more of a firm command.

Kara leaned forward and propped herself up on her elbows on the senior's rock hard but warm chest, her face gazing into his. "My mom and dad died of aids a couple of weeks ago. I was sent over here to live with my aunt but… they can't really take me in right now. They're having money problems," she took in a deep breath to quench her shallow sounding voice. "I told them I was getting a job but they told me they would still have money problems. I found out that they wanted nothing to do with me because my aunt had never liked my mother, even though she was her brother's wife. She's held a grudge for years and…" she smiled sadly which made something tighten in Sesshomaru's chest. "I guess it's spread to me…" She laughed softly; in order to lighten her depressing story but it didn't work to much extent.

"I didn't know," He told her watching as her head snapped around in confusion. Her blue eyes were wide and her mouth gaped slightly. "I shouldn't have said anything unless I was properly informed of your familial situation," he finished. Kara bolted upright, staring down at him. Her hasty movement caused all of her long hair to cascade over her shoulders and brush Sesshomaru's arms, making him tingle slightly.

"Wow!" She exclaimed, an astonished grin playing across her face. "I didn't actually think you would admit that you had done wrong!"

"I'm not such a jerk that I do not have any honor," he spat in reply, only to watch her laugh and tease slightly.

"Gwumpy-Sessho needs a nappy wappy!" she giggled and watched as he groaned, closed his eyes and slammed his head back onto his pillow. "Hey? Are you ok?" she asked him when he started to sweat slightly.

"I'm fine," he retorted in a compressed voice, feeling hot and cold flashes going over his body. "Get off me, now!" he ordered, watching as she obeyed him, her eyes full of worry.

"No you're not fine," she replied harshly, sliding her hand under his soft white bangs to feel his forehead burning with outrageous heat. "Oh god. You've got a fever," Kara informed him, tugging the blankets that lay under his heavily built body. "Get under the covers or you're going to freeze to death."

"I'm not going to listen to you on how I should take care of myself," he slurred, feeling extremely tired. He yawned and took Kara by surprise. Her shoulders started to jolt slightly as she put her hand to her mouth. "What are you laughing at?" he snapped, his voice slightly hoarse.

"I've never seen you yawn… I didn't know you could yawn," she answered him, giggling slightly.

"Yes, I'm quite capable of doing that," Sesshomaru balked, the hot flash now disappearing as a wave of cold erupted around him. He crawled under his blankets, struggling to keep himself warm. "Damn it all. This is probably from sleep loss and working too hard…" he muttered, closing his eyes. Tired eyes that shot open when he felt Kara's warm body lay next to his. "What the hell are you doing now?" he whispered angrily in her ear. He was feeling miserable at this moment and he certainly did not want her annoying presence to make it any worse.

"Oh be quiet. You're really cold and you know it," she snapped at him in response. The senior only grumbled in response, feeling too fatigued to continue with the argument. He closed his eyes again, feeling slightly warmer now that Kara had accompanied him on the bed. It was a good thing she was still outside of the blankets… "Sesshomaru," she whispered in his ear. Not bothering to open his eyes, he moved his head closer to her voice. "I think your yawn is really cute," she finished, sighing and closing her eyes herself.

"Hmph," he gave as a non-reply. He didn't feel like talking. He felt like sleeping and keeping warm… while trying to block out the fragrant smell of her soft hair that was resting by his nose. "As soon as I'm asleep get out of here," he muttered. Kara shifted beside him, turning so that she was facing him and put her arm over his shivering form. He stiffened immediately, uncomfortable with the contact. What audacity! He felt her small hand draw small relaxing circles on his back to comfort him and his body slowly released its tension. He drifted off to sleep, letting out an exhausted breath.

Kara was feeling very tired herself. She opened her eyes and saw that Sesshomaru had fallen asleep and was still shaking slightly. Her lids slid over tired azure eyes again as she let her subconscious take over in the peaceful tones of sleep. She was exhausted.

**

"Where's Kara?" Kagome asked as she and Inuyasha searched the living room. They had put themselves to rights, looking now like they hadn't been making out like crazy. They were now ready to work on the Chemistry project but their third partner was nowhere to be found. "Where could she have gone? Did she go home?"

"No, we would have heard the back door close," Inuyasha answered her curtly. He then sent a look over to his brother's closed door. "I think I know where she is."

"Huh?" Kagome asked but then saw her boyfriend approaching his older brother's door. "You think she's in there?" she whispered, not wanting to disturb Sesshomaru if he was studying. "It's too quiet. She couldn't possibly be in there."

"Shh!" Inuyasha hissed as he creaked open the door, getting an eyeful of the two occupants in the room. His eyes widened and he motioned for Kagome to come and have a look also. She approached and peered inside, biting a gasp.

"I guess they got over their differences…" She whispered.

"Yeah… I guess so…"

"They look at peace… Do you think they're like that on accident?" Kagome wondered quietly, glancing up at Inuyasha. The junior shrugged and put an arm around her.

"Hey… We won't be interrupted now…" He chuckled into her ear. She blushed and avoided his gaze.

"You're such a pervert," Kagome stated, poking him in the side as they walked down the hall to his room.

"It's your fault," Inuyasha shot back, grinning in delight when she giggled at him.

"I guess it is. Your brother must be a pervert too. He's got a girl in his bed…" Kagome laughed, shoving him backwards when he tried to kiss her. "Did I say I was going to make out with you now?"

"Oh, come on…" Inuyasha wined, his eyes begging her and making her feel guilt. She sighed and then nodded.

"Fine but then we're going to see what's going on with your brother and Kara," she said before he claimed her mouth in a vicious kiss.