InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Overcoming ❯ The Name Game ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Six: The Name Game

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hours passed slowly as Sesshomaru turned again, sweat pouring down his forehead. It was cooling but he didn't like the feeling. He whipped off his blankets, having a bit of trouble because something was weighing down the other side of his bed but he didn't bother to think about it. He was tired and felt fatigued and only wanted to sleep. He got himself comfortable and laid his arms out in front of him, feeling something warm and solid underneath. He grunted softly and moved closer to the source of warmth, feeling it meld into his hard body.

Kara was half asleep when she felt Sesshomaru, most likely unconsciously, slide his arm over her waist and bring her into his body. He then let out a soft sound and his head rested into the crook in her shoulder as his nose nuzzled her hair. Her eyes were fully open now. What was he doing? She turned around, still in his embrace and their noses almost touched. Her cheeks were hot instantly as she watched him sleep. He was so beautiful when he unconscious…

His closed eyes were caped in lushes lashes and his perfect mouth was not shaped in a scowl or a determined line. He looked completely relaxed as his toned chest and abdomen rose and fell with every breath he took. Some of his long and silky hair had fallen over her shoulder and his bangs were matted from sweat, most likely from his fever breaking. Deciding that if he woke up with her like this in his arms that he would be very pissed, Kara attempted to move away but the senior only held her tighter. A soft moan of protest escaped his lips when she tried to pry his arm off of her and she gave up. I guess he really doesn't want me to leave… Kara thought as she relaxed again into his feverish warmth.

**

"How long do you think they've been at it?" Inuyasha asked Kagome as his fingers tangled in her raven hair. The high school girl sighed and leaned into her boyfriend's chest.

"I really don't think they've been at anything, Inuyasha. They were only sleeping in the same bed. It's not like they were getting nasty or anything," she replied. She sat up and pulled away from Inuyasha's exploratory fingers and rested her chin on her hand. "It is Friday though. We could have a sleepover and finish our chemistry project tomorrow," Kagome suggested, standing up and stretching slightly. Her back made a sickeningly loud popping sound and she winced. "Ow…"

"Kagome, you idiot," Inuyasha growled and stood also, walking so he was behind her. "You get yourself all tensed up," he chastised as his large hands came and rested on her lower back. His thumbs jabbed into the arch of her back. It was painful at first but she slowly started relaxing. Her eyes closed and she leaned her head back, resting it on Inuyasha's shoulder. He kissed her hair as he continued to massage her, watching her relax.

"So… Do you want to go check out what Kara and Sesshomaru are up to?" He whispered, bringing his hands back. Kagome looked up at him from the loss of his wonderful hands but grinned all the same.

"Of course!"

**

Kara gasped and jolted awake when she felt a large hand slip across her breasts and flop on the bed between their bodies. Her eyes narrowed in anger that quickly dissipated when she realized he had done that unconsciously. She sighed and again tried to pull away. Now Sesshomaru was even more reluctant to let her go. She growled as she tried to pull away but his arms, as strong as steel, refused to release her. She slumped but then shook him slightly. "Sesshomaru…" she whispered, hoping to rouse him. Nothing happened.

"Wake up," she ordered, shaking him a bit harder this time. STILL nothing happened. She let out an exasperated sound and shook him with all of the strength she possessed and screamed that he was a jerk in his ear. Well that did it!

Sesshomaru let out a roar, groggy from being startled in such a manner and pinned her down under his body, his eyes still blurry and bloodshot from sleep. Kara was unable to move but she just looked at him sardonically. "You sleep like the dead, you know that?" she asked him. "Can you let me go now? You're kind of squashing me…"

"What are you still doing in here?" Sesshomaru barked, feeling somewhat cold now. His fever must have been coming back. "I thought that when I fell asleep that you were to leave." He released her body slowly, leaning against the wall, closing his eyes.

Kara sat up and regained herself, straightening her hair a bit and massaged her wrists from where he had been holding her down rather harshly. "I was trying to leave but every time I tried to move away from you, you let out this pathetic moaning sound and your arms tightened. You're a lot stronger than me, bub. How the hell was I supposed to get out?" she crossed her arms and eyed him expectantly. "Anyways. You groped me in my sleep so we're even."

Sesshomaru's eyes widened and he blushed internally. Oops… he thought as he scoffed and tried to cover his awkwardness. "As if I would ever want to touch your breast. They're too big for my tastes," he spat, sounding every bit supercilious. Kara fumed and grabbed a handful of his hair.

"So you've been looking at my bust have you?" she shouted, releasing his hair and punched him in the gut. "Pervert!" she socked him again. "PER-VERT!" she got off the bed and eyed him angrily.

Sesshomaru felt slightly weak again and grunted to her response, slithering down the wall back onto his pillow. Kara's expression softened to that of worry again as she approached his bedside. "I don't want you sleeping in here again, Kara, so just go away," he spat at her. The junior froze in her steps and looked at him in awe. He noticed her affected express and lifted an eyebrow. "What is it?" he asked, sounding disinterested.

"You… said my name," she said with a smile, her cheeks kind of warm. "I've been waiting for you to call me Kara for a long time, Sesshomaru," she told him, pulling up his blankets that had been strewn at the end of the bed, neatly tucking them under his chin.

"Why?" he asked, his own voice betraying a tone of wonder. All he did was call her by her name… It wasn't that big of a deal. People had names and were summoned by them all the time. Why was this any different?

"Well, you've been calling me bitch, stupid, moron, idiot and so on and well…" Her cheeks grew even redder as her smile became shy and embarrassed. "It just makes me kind of happy that you know my name and you're going to use it." She started to toy with some of her hair as her cheeks blazed and her eyes looked away. Sesshomaru watched her and realized something awful. Kara was cute. Really cute. He shook his head and growled internally, although she did look rather alluring when she was blushing like that. More of, she was blushing like that because of something he had said…

"Everyone has a name don't they?" He asked her, watching as her eyes met his. She nodded and flipped the stray lock of hair that she had been playing with over her shoulder as she listened to him. "I only called you by your name. It's not that big of a deal," he added, observing her as she leaned back and forth on her heels slightly, not knowing what to say. "And Kara," he said abruptly, making her look at him with a red face again. "I thought you said my voice pissed you off. Why am I, with my irritating voice, making you blush whenever I say your name?" he asked again, his voice emotionless. Why did he care so much? Oh Kami-sama… There she was doing it again. Why does she look so attractive right now? He thought, feeling himself want to touch her.

"I lied. I think your voice is very soothing, Sesshomaru," she told him and then smirked, leaning over his bedside. "If you use it right," she then snickered and turned away to leave his room. She was about to reach for the handle when he asked her another question.

"Kara," he said in a seductively laced deep voice. Another blush rose to her cheeks at it send chills down her spine. "Get me some water, bitch," he finished, chuckling when she whirled around, her face looking bewildered. "Is that the way I'm supposed to use my voice?" he asked, his voice high with amusement at her expression.

"Yeah…" she muttered, dumbfounded. "That was pretty creepy. You could entrance somebody by using that tone…" she added but then scowled. "And I'm not a bitch!"

"I'm thirsty and I'm cold. If you're not going to get me water, then leave me in peace," Sesshomaru told her firmly, turning so that his back was facing towards her. He heard Kara sigh and then his door opened.

"I guess you're not all bad, Sesshomaru" he faintly heard her mumble, feeling strangely out of sync by those words. Normally, he would have been appalled to hear someone say something like that about him. He was the ice prince and had a reputation to hold on to. But, now, it felt right. I'm going soft! He roared mentally, clamping his eyes shut. I am going to get these idiotic thoughts out of my head!