InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Overcoming ❯ Everyone Needs to Be Loved ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Eleven: Everyone Needs to Be Loved

~*~

Numbers, so many numbers were scratched mercilessly down onto the notebook as her fingers worked the graphing calculator. She was almost finished… she understood most of what she was doing… She was confident!

Sesshomaru watched Kara intently from time to time, working on his own assignment, fascinated with how animated she was… not to mention very adorable when her pink tongue snaked out between her teeth as she erased something and avidly continued on the worksheet she was doing. He finished the ten-page essay he had been writing and was grabbing for his Calculus book when Kara thumped her fist on the wooden floor of his room and let out a high pitched, accomplished giggle.

"I'm finished! YES!" She exclaimed, crawling over to where he was sitting at his desk, handing up the problems that she had been trying to work out. Sesshomaru stared at her for a moment blankly before taking the slightly crumpled piece of notebook paper and started to check her work.

Kara watched him as he did this, anxiety knotting in her gut. There were tests coming up in A.P. Calculus, three of them to be exact and then in a few days... Final Exams… She was just starting to understand the material and had stayed up later the night before, working on practice problems to get understanding. Please… My work HAS to pay off! I want to get my job back! She thought frantically when Sesshomaru's emotionless golden eyes met her own. She swallowed.

"What's the damage?" she asked meekly, cringing, waiting for his reply.

"There is no damage," the senior answered her, his voice amused. Kara's azure eyes opened wide with disbelief as she stared at him.

"N-none? None at all? I GOT THEM ALL RIGHT?" She exclaimed, leaping to her feet with her hands in the air. Sesshomaru nodded mutely and rolled his eyes, pretending to be annoyed when she performed her little victory dance that was accompanied with `woop-woop' and `who's sexy? KARA'S SEXY!' She grabbed the handsome young man's hands, pulling him out of his chair and threw herself on him. He let her knock him down onto his bed, as he looked up into her sweet face that was creased in a large, goofy but cute smile. "Thank you, Sesshomaru. I wouldn't have been able to understand this crap if you had not of helped me," she whispered, walking two fingers down his chest and then over his rippling and firm abdomen.

Sesshomaru propped himself up on his elbows, staring down at the young woman who was sprawled in his lap. His lips curved into a taunting smirk. "Of course you wouldn't understand without my help. I have just the amount of knowledge to spread to you so you can understand the material," he told her haughtily, his deep voice portraying the playfulness that was not apparent anywhere else but in his wry half-smile.

Kara smiled shyly at him, her cheeks blushing a deep red as she smacked him playfully in the chest. "Shut up," she giggled, her hands going to his chest, shoving him the best she could back onto the bed until he was lying on it. She bent over him, her thick chestnut-mahogany hair acting as a fragrant curtain as she gazed down at him, her blue eyes growing dark.

Sesshomaru immediately sensed her need and reached up to hold her face gently in his hands, gently lowering her weight so she was resting directly on his own as her lips corroded into his. Kara melded into Sesshomaru's hard, hot body as her hands fisted in the shirt he was wearing, his hands leaving her face to explore the curves of her back.

There was a hard knock on the door that startled both of the high school students. Kara jumped and accidentally rolled off the side of the bed, landing hard on her butt. "AHHHH!" she hissed loudly through her teeth as Sesshomaru merely only let out a short bark of amusement.

"You'd better not be having sex in there `cuz I'm coming in!" Inuyasha's voice came from the other side of the door. In the next moment, he entered, seeing Kara, looking distraught and in pain on the floor and Sesshomaru lying lazily in his bed. "Oh-kay then…" The junior boy said, not knowing what to make of the scene. "You weren't… wrestling by any chance were you?"

Kara beamed at Inuyasha sarcastically and grinned foolishly. "Yes Inuyasha. We were and I won, seeing how I'm on the floor and how MY BUTT REALLY HURTS!" She said, shouting the last bit.

"What do you want?" Sesshomaru asked in impatience, shooting Kara a distasteful look also as he glared at his younger half-brother. She only stuck out her tongue at him and then laughed softly, yanking the sock off of one of his feet. The senior only rolled his eyes and kicked his foot out, narrowly missing her head.

Inuyasha chuckled but then remembered why he had come in. "Oh yeah. You know how they took dad to court the other day? Well, he's been sentenced to ten years for child abuse and sexual harassment/rape charges. Just… thought I'd let you know that," he finished, trailing off when he saw that Sesshomaru was looking deeply disinterested.

"Thank you for the information, Inuyasha. Now you can leave," the senior told him bluntly. Inuyasha nodded, closing the door softly behind him. Kara was inwardly confused but figured that it wasn't her business to know why his father being in jail was of hardly any consequence to him.

"Are you ok?" She asked him, getting up on her knees, running her hand lightly down the side of his face in a soothing gesture. Sesshomaru nodded simply and closed his eyes under her touch, letting out a contented sound from deep in his chest. "I do get the math but I'll leave you alone now because I need to take a shower," she added, standing up.

"Yes you do. You smell," Said the amused senior, his deep voice rich with unspoken laughter. Kara whirled around to face him, her face awash with shock and some humor.

"Jerk!" She exclaimed with a smile, crossing her arms and stalked to the door as if she was angry.

"You can't be angry with me," Sesshomaru told her as she opened the door. Kara looked at him skeptically, if not sarcastically.

"And why not?" she replied, her voice wry.

"I never said how you smelled so you do not know if I was insulting you… or flattering you," He tossed to her, a smirk curving at his lips. Kara only let out a short laugh and shook her head, her tousled hair waving with her.

"With you, I'll never know," She answered him. Sesshomaru stretched his back, his body arching backwards like a cat and he let out a groaning sound, one that made the junior girl's cheeks flush.

"Which would you prefer?" The senior told her bluntly, his eyebrow raising as he resettled himself comfortably on his bed.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" She teased, blowing him a kiss as she waved at him in a teasing manner and left his room, shutting the door behind her. She found Inuyasha working on some unfinished homework as she walked through the living room. She saw how frustrated he looked and how angry his eyes were and she stopped, wondering what was wrong.

"Hey, you all right?" she asked him, popping a squat on the couch. The junior boy on the floor looked up at her and shrugged. "What is it? You look really pissed off," she tried again, motioning for him to sit on the couch with her.

Inuyasha looked hesitant for a minute but stood, pointing to the kitchen. They walked through there and he opened the back door, signaling for her to go outside. "Sorry, I can't really talk much… sitting down. Kagome realized this and so whenever we want to talk about something we have to walk," He explained as they slowly started around the block of their neighborhood, walking out onto the main road, passing an apartment building and a game store.

"Ok," Kara said simply after a while, preparing to ask Inuyasha some questions. She had dropped the matter of Sesshomaru acting so nonchalant about their father being in jail and wondered why there was so much tension between them. "Inuyasha, why does Sesshomaru hate your dad so much?"

Again, the boy looked hesitant and unsure, as if he was going to reveal information that would affect everyone. He took a deep breath and began, his voice rather shaky. "When I was a kid…" He started to say but then reconsidered and started to rethink what he was going to say. "I found out a few years ago that I am not Sesshomaru's full brother, no matter how much we look alike. We have the same dad, but my mom… was a tramp that he screwed one night, drunk, when Sesshomaru was only about a year old. His mom was the nicest lady and she was really pretty too. That's where Sesshomaru gets his agility, graceful demeanor and his facial features."

"My dad, hoping that she would never find out about his little… session with the prostitute, totally forgot about her and the one nightstand they had had. I was twelve years old… in seventh grade. I remember this. My mom… she had been all right, spoiling me and giving me things… making sure I ate right… but she was never really there for me… And she never told me who my father was. I soon found out she was planning to dump me off somewhere and go get a job in the U.S. as a person who works in those Casino places in Las Vegas."

"She dropped me off one night at my dad's house, knocking on the door. Sesshomaru's ma answered the door, pregnant and looking really beautiful. Her face was marred when she took a look at me, with my silvery white hair and amber eyes and the woman who stood beside me…"

"May I help you?"

"Yes. I'd like to see Inutaisho Taiyoukai. He has to keep his son."

"Those words scarred me forever. I had no idea what was happening. The look on Sesshomaru's ma's face was enough to tell me, this was something horrible. Being the kind-hearted woman that she was, she took me in with no complaints but I could tell she was hurt. I met Sesshomaru, who was thirteen and he never accepted me. His parent's relationship started to fall apart and he blamed it all on me…"

"It's all your fault they always fight! Your mother was a dirty #####! She tricked my father! It's your entire fault! I hate you! I will NEVER accept you!"

"Those words almost came true, until the night it happened. Six months later, my step-mom was overdue but doing well. Sesshomaru and I had made a truce to not fight or argue around her to upset her and to try and keep our father away from her when he returned home. It didn't happen though. My father returned home drunk and he threw both of us out of the way as if we were nothing…"

"Inutaisho, stay away from me. You're drunk," Her face was frightened as the taller man closed in on her.

"Don't you tell me what to do. Shut the hell up, bitch," Inutaisho spat, his hand going to her throat as he forced his mouth upon hers. Sesshomaru and Inuyasha were lying bruised on the floor, too afraid to move and in pain.

Her hand stumbled for the phone as she fumbled for the receiver. "I'll call the police! Don't you think I won't! GET AWAY FROM ME!" She screamed, a sweat breaking out on her forehead. Inutaisho's arm drew back as he slapped her unabashedly hard, sending her flying backwards.

"Mother!" Sesshomaru shouted, his young voice hoarse as tears threatened to spill over his cheeks. Inuyasha let out a cry also, already on his feet and helped his half-brother up. They went to run to her aide but the their father stopped them and dropped to his knees beside her. A puddle of water started to form around her body. He reached down and touched the warm liquid, his eyes wide with realization and worry.

"Sesshomaru…" His voice hoarse with anger and guilt. "Call the hospital…"

Sesshomaru stood, unable to move. Inutaisho growled and stood up, approaching his eldest son. "Do what I say, DAMN IT!" he shouted, his hands going to wrap around his neck, strangling him. Inuyasha, being small, went around Sesshomaru's body and kicked his father in his manhood, rendering him to falling down.

"Are you ok, Sesshomaru?" Inuyasha whispered to his elder brother, supporting his weight. Golden eyes filled with fear and disbelief were clouded with another emotion.

"If that would have been you… I would not have saved you. You know this, right?" He asked, massaging his throat.

"Well then. It's a good thing it WASN'T me, huh?" The younger boy asked, leaping for the phone, calling the hospital.

Kara's eyes were wide but she encouraged him to continue. Inuyasha's posture had grown rigid but he swallowed and began to talk again. "Her water had broken… and she died in the hospital… Our dad was never the same… He always came home drunk and he was twice as abusive… but not towards me…"

"Inuyasha! Get in the closet…" Inutaisho growled, his hand at the scruff of thirteen-year old Sesshomaru's neck. "I have SUCH disobedient sons!"

"Inuyasha, do as he says or he will inflict this upon you as well," Sesshomaru said, his voice full of unsurpassed pain. He was looking out for Inuyasha just as Inuyasha had saved his life…

"That was when Sesshomaru had learned to control and measure his emotions. That's why he's always so nonchalant and stoic about everything. I hate it. I really do-" Inuyasha stopped and looked Kara, whose eyes were filled with tears. "You're not going to tell him I was saying this stuff to you, are you? He wouldn't want anyone outside of family to know his… um… weakness," the junior boy finished, his eyes full of worry. "Aw ####… I made you cry…"

"No," Kara sniffled. "It's not that… you poor boys… Poor abused Sesshomaru…" She sobbed, her hands going to her eyes. "Now I know why you both act like ########… Oh Kami-sama… I feel so bad…" she moaned, her tears flying everywhere.

"No! We really are ########! It's ok!" Inuyasha shouted, trying to make her stop crying. Kara's shoulders shuddered as she awkwardly threw herself on him in a hug.

"You poor thing… Did you tell Kagome all that you've been through?" She whispered against his chest. Inuyasha returned the hug gently, sighing in defeat.

"Yeah… She reacted almost like you did, only, less crying for Sesshomaru and more for me…" He replied, drawing away from her. Kara wiped her eyes and turned around to head back to the house. "Wait! You promised!" The junior boy shouted after her, running to cut her off.

"I know but… this can't be ignored! He needs to be loved too!" She told him in response, slipped under his arm and raced back to the house, nearly tearing the back door off its hinges. She tripped as she sprinted through the living room, her tears of pity and remorse for Sesshomaru blinding her vision. The young man who she was seeking out heard the noise she was making and exited his room, his eyes widening as she came charging towards him.

"Sesshomaru!" She wailed, pummeling into his body unceremoniously, earning the wind being knocked out of his chest. Her arms locked around him as she held him tightly. Sesshomaru pulled back from her to look at her, his eyes full of righteous confusion.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" He asked, his voice somewhat confused and worried. Kara only shoved herself back into the strength of his embrace and nuzzled against him.

"You poor boy… I'll love you… I'll take care of you… I'll protect you from your dad… I'll be here… I'll never leave you…" She sobbed into his chest, her tears soaking through his clothes. Sesshomaru felt a pang in his chest at her words as they pierced through the emotion-blocking defenses that he had built up over the last five years of his life. He let out a defeated sigh as warmth spread through his chest and his eyes dried. He pulled her close, his hand tangling in her thick hair as his nose buried in it, the sweet scent comforting him.

"I know you will…" He whispered in reply as they held each other, neither one wanting to let the other go back to living in the cruel, hard world.

(A/N: There's the whole story and Sesshomaru is NOT out of character! YES! I WIN! Well, there are more things to come in the story so… STAY TUNED!)