InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Overcoming ❯ My Heart is Yours ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Sixteen: My Heart is Yours

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sesshomaru was brought back to life at the horrified shriek of terror and pain, along with the sound of a vehicle colliding with a brick wall. He tore down the alley, not minding the condition of his black tuxedo and tossed off the jacket in his haste to reach Kara and see if she was all right. The damn thing was too constricting, he thought, all of his main focus on the girl whom he had felt affection for.

The senior blasted around the corner, seeing that down the road the ambulances were just pulling up to the scene of the action. A red convertible was soundly smashed against the brick wall of the side of the alley directly behind the high school.

Sesshomaru swallowed as he saw the emergency crew carry a stretcher through the small space between the car and the building. They barely fit through but managed to find someone who was wearing a dark violet dress. Sesshomaru's heart skipped a beat because that was the color dress that Kara had been wearing and he was too far away to confirm if it was really the girl he had brought to the dance.

The rescue crew quickly transported the mangled body into the back of one of the many ambulances that had arrived. A young man staggered out of the driver's seat of the crashed car looking devastated as Sesshomaru neared the wreckage. "I… I didn't mean to do it!" He called to the rescue crew with a drunken slur in his voice. Clearly the young man had spiked his punch and had an overdose.

The senior felt his chest throb as they closed the doors to the ambulance, his golden eyes wide and raw with worry. He looked all around for any sights at all to confirm his belief that girl the rescue team had just transported into the back of the emergency vehicle was not Kara. There were none.

Kami-sama! That is her! Sesshomaru thought in ultimate panic and charged up to the ambulance that was supposedly housing Kara. One man looked at him and shoved him back a little. "Back off, kid. We've got to take off," He ordered gruffly, his eyes condemning the senior who was currently freaking out and trying to keep himself cool and composed.

"I need to get inside there," Sesshomaru snapped, his characteristic arrogance bleeding from his haughty tone of voice towards the man that looked to be about twenty years and more older than himself.

"You heard what I said! Back off. We've got a serious case here and we don't need snot nosed brats bothering the ones who need intensive care!" The man who was on the rescue team shot back and quickly got inside the back of the vehicle just as they all took departure towards the hospital. Sesshomaru growled angrily towards the retreating images of the disappearing vehicles as he felt bile rise in his throat.

With that, Sesshomaru turned and burst through the back doors to the high school gym where the dance was just starting to come to a close as people started to file out the door because of the arrival of the ambulances. He charged through the large crowd, not apologizing at all.

Kagome saw that there was now a forming gap in the crowd and stood on her tip toes in her heels to see who the cause of all the ruckus was and her mouth dropped open. "Inuyasha!" she cried, pointing above all the people who were trying to force out of the small double door way. "It's Sesshomaru!"

The youngest son of Inutaisho Taiyoukai's eyes widened and his eyebrows furrowed in confusion at his brothers rash and violent attitude. HE of all people never acted that way in public! What the hell is going on? Inuyasha thought quickly as he saw Sesshomaru squeeze through the people who were right in the doorway and dash out into the parking lot.

"Is he out of his mind?" Kagome fretted and then squealed when the junior boy she had come with grasped her hand tightly.

"Hold on," He mumbled and then went full boar as he plowed his way through the crowd just like his older brother had.

"What the hell is going on here, Inuyasha?" A rich voice called and grabbed hold of the young man's hair. Kagome turned and then laughed in exasperation.

"Let go, `ya damn pervert! I'm tryin' to get outta here!" Inuyasha shouted in pain as he wrenched free of the tight grip that was in his long hair.

"Miroku! I'm not going to loose you!" A feminine voice shouted as she too fought her way through the crowd. The four of them finally pulled free of the mob that was exiting the high school and they formed a chain by clenching hands in a line.

"There you are, Sango! I've been looking for you all night!" Kagome called down to the opposite end of the line that she, Inuyasha, Sango and Miroku had created so they would not get lost.

"I've been following him," Sango replied, glaring at Miroku who was grinning sheepishly in reply.

"Well, it looks like we'll have to separate now," Inuyasha said, releasing Miroku's hand, wiping it on his jacket. "That is the last time I'm EVER holding hands with you again, Miroku," He snapped as he unlocked the car.

"Where are you going?" Miroku asked, racing down a line of cars with Sango still holding his hand. He unlocked his own car. "We'll follow. It's been a while since we have all been together, wouldn't you say?"

"AH! Inuyasha! He's getting away! QUICK!" Kagome shrieked, pointing with a shaking hand out the window of the car towards Sesshomaru's car that was flooring it out of the parking lot.

"Oh hell," Inuyasha muttered. "WE'RE FOLLOWING SESSHOMARU!" He yelled down to Miroku and opened the driver's seat door open quickly, jumping inside, slamming the door.

"Hurry! Step on it, Inuyasha!" Kagome told him, letting out a gasp when he roared the car in reverse and tried to catch up with his brother's car. "Be careful! You should go the speed limit now! The police might-"

"I know what I'm doing!" Inuyasha snapped towards his girl friend, feeling slightly guilty when she silenced immediately.

Suddenly, the roaring of sirens sounded and the flashing of red and blue lights appeared behind them.

"Shit…" Inuyasha murmured, sending an apologetic glance towards the pretty high school girl beside him as he pulled off to the side of the road to talk to the policemen who were now telling him through a megaphone to pull over.

**

Stupid f***ing rescue team, Sesshomaru roared in his mind as he ran a stop sign, not caring one bit as he made his way quickly to the hospital. No one, not even the police, was going to keep him from getting to Kara.

Rubbing his exhausted eyes, he sped into the parking lot of the hospital and threw his car into park without using the break, thus jolting himself forward. He let out a stream of frustrated curses as burst out of the car, slamming the door. The buttons on the front of his shirt burst open from the sheer force that Sesshomaru had used to slam the door and he charged towards the entrance to the hospital, coming to a screeching halt in front of the desk.

The woman behind it looked up sharply, her eyes confused as they roamed over his shirt that was open, revealing the wife-beater he was wearing underneath and his frazzled hair. His eyes were exhausted and worried as he glared at her. "Can I… Can I help you?" she asked, her voice unsteady as he panted ruthlessly.

"Yes, you can help me," Sesshomaru snapped back sarcastically but then closed his eyes as he took a deep breath and regained his composure. "Where will I find the emergency rooms?"

The woman nodded and pointed down the hallway to his left, halting him before he charged down that way. "STOP!" She told him, standing up to grab his disheveled white button up sleeve. He looked back at her in impatience and irritation, his visage demanding an explanation. "You have to come back tomorrow! Visiting hours are over plus we just got a new person here and-"

"Save it," Sesshomaru seethed through his teeth, thrusting off her tight grip that she had on his sleeve, hurling her back into her spinning chair. The woman fell off from the force of landing back into her chair and re-gathered herself, gazing over the counter's edge to see the senior's fading form down the hall, his pure white ponytail floating behind him. With a shaking hand, she picked up a red receiver. She murmured a few words and then hung up, sitting back down, running a hand through her hair.

**

Sesshomaru was a blur to any passerby as he rushed down the hall to find Kara; little did he know that someone was calling out his name from behind. He burst through the double doors to the emergency patients and found who he was looking for in a full body cast. He swallowed and neared. The girl on the bed squealed in confusion when she looked up at him, her brown eyes darting to the red help button that would summon someone from the front desk for assistance… WAIT!

Brown eyes?

"Sesshomaru!" An all too familiar, sweet, worried sounding feminine voice shrieked in alarm. The senior muttered a quick apology and whirled around to see the young woman of his search, her arm in a sling and a bandage on her forehead. Sesshomaru let out a sigh of relief and grasped the hand that was extended towards him as she pulled him carefully out of the double doors.

"What were you-" Kara began to ask but was silenced when Sesshomaru gathered her carefully in his arms and kissed her fully on the mouth, her eyes closing as she wrapped her good arm around him neck. She moaned when he drew back and let out a whimper of pain when he crushed her small, slender form that was dressed in a hospital dress against himself. He pulled her back as quickly as he had drawn in her body, his bloodshot golden eyes wide. "Vatch de goots, dah-link," she whispered, a half smile that contained pain lighting her lips as she pointed to the arm in a sling.

"Kara," he replied, running his hands through her hair, his arms sliding around her waist as he fought to avoid her injured arm. "I'm just so glad you're all right. I thought that was you in there…"

"Oh Sesshomaru," she replied, her azure eyes looking up into his golden ones, both flickering in concern for the other. "What if that was me in there? Would you still… would you still think me beautiful?" she asked, her free arm running along the open, dirtied white shirt to smooth the wrinkles.

"Why do you ask me such stupid questions when you all ready know the answers, woman?" Sesshomaru shot down at her, an amused and slightly arrogant smirk appearing on his lips. "Must I spell it out for you?"

"No…" Kara replied, pulling back from him, raking her good arm through her tangled chestnut and mahogany hair. "But… I'd like to hear what you have to say rather than assume what you mean anymore… I told you how I felt about you… But you only kissed me in reply… How do I know you're not using me just to get sex-"

Sesshomaru snarled at her and slipped his hand under her chin, effectively forcing her gaze up into his golden eyes. "I love you Kara, Kami-sama, do I love you. Why would I worry so much about a person that has made an impact on my life more than anyone else in the world has? What person has accepted me fully for who I am and for my horrible negative traits? Who has stayed with me when I have been weak? For being so intelligent, you really are a fool, Kara. And If I could, I would stay with you for as long as I live," The senior finished curtly, his intense golden gaze pining her stiff frame.

Kara let out a shaky breath and then reached up tentatively with her good arm, her fingers brushing the strong, noble looking planes of his face as they then wandered into his silky white bangs. "I feel the exact same way," she whispered, sliding her hand down his arm to pick up his hand and kiss his palm. "That's why I gave you my body… and my heart…"

The kiss they shared next was not animalistic, lustful or comforting like each had anticipated, but pure, chaste and filled with love and the bond that they had created between each other over the last six months. Something inside of both of their hearts told them, `You've found your match,' as they pulled apart, shy smiles on both of their lips.

"How did I not see you get carried into the ambulance when I came around the corner?" Sesshomaru asked quietly, resting his forehead on hers, smelling the residue of her sweet perfume and hair.

"I was in the way. They got me out of there and into the vehicle so they could get the girl who had been smashed against the wall into the emergency unit vehicle," Kara replied, thinking in her head, Mom, I think I'm truly deeply in love with Sesshomaru… And whatever it takes, I'm going to make sure we work out until the end.

"Damn it. You had me knocking people around and you were all right? I thought that that was you in there. I am such a brash fool," Sesshomaru stated with a berating chuckle and ran a hand over his face.

"You look exhausted. Why don't you go home and rest?" Kara told him, pulling his head down to kiss him softly.

Sesshomaru let out a peaceful breath, one that was startled when he heard the voice of the woman that was behind the counter. "There he is! He came barreling in here and knocked me back in my chair and I hit the floor. Get him out of here," She ordered to a group of men. Kara's mouth dropped open in shock and she looked towards the senior to see him shrug nonchalantly as he gladly went with the men.

"I'll see you in the morning, Sesshomaru!" Kara called as she waved with her good arm. At this, the senior turned around, stopping the men completely.

"Marry me," He replied down the hall and then turned stoically before he could see Kara's reaction to the words. Little did he know that she was grinning like a lunatic as she was escorted back into her room. As Sesshomaru was shoved out the sliding doors, he saw his half-brother, his date and the pervert with his date jog up to him.

"So here you are, you bastard!" Inuyasha shouted, his eyes narrowed in anger. Sesshomaru merely strode past him with an air of tranquility. "Aren't you going to answer me, `ya damn creep! We've been looking everywhere for you!"

"I am no creep," Sesshomaru bit back, his face completely void of emotion. "I am now a fiancée."

"Say what?" Kagome shrieked, her eyes lighting up. Sango looked to Sesshomaru and then to her best friend, wondering what was going on. Since when had the arrogant senior taken a turn at dating? "To Kara?"

Sesshomaru nodded curtly and Inuyasha started to splutter. Miroku chuckled and winked at the senior, causing his stomach to churn. Pervert, he thought as he pulled out beside them. "It's not official yet, but yes. I do plan to marry her."

"Will she do it is the question," Inuyasha muttered but Kagome smacked him on the elbow. "OW!" he barked back at her, his anger melted when he saw her pleased face.

"Oh Sesshomaru! That's so wonderful!" Kagome continued to exclaim and turned to her best friend. "Did you hear that Sango? They're getting married!"

"Yes, I see. But how? When did Sesshomaru start wanting to date and who is this Kara?" Sango replied in exasperation, wondering how she could have fallen so behind the times. It's probably because I go to another school… she thought sadly but brushed it off when she felt a hand rub her buttocks. Her face turned red and she belted the culprit with her purse.

"AH!" Miroku shouted, cupping his throbbing cheek. He grinned sarcastically. "Marry me Sango and then I will have a reason to touch your lovely back end," for that comment, he was belted again.

Sesshomaru shook his head. "I'm leaving if all you are going to talk about is idiocy," he murmured, driving out of the parking lot to go back to the house, his heart beating wildly in his chest. Then, some problems occurred in his head. When would they get married? They were planning to go to college and… Shit, I did not think this all the way through, the senior thought as he parked the car and went inside.

**

"Sesshomaru? Getting married?" Inuyasha grumbled as he dropped Kagome off at her house. "I still can't grasp the concept… What's he going to do this coming year? He's all ready been accepted to Tokyo U and Kara has another year of high school to go through…"

"Why are you so worried? Have you ever met two people more loyal than those two?" Kagome asked through the window as she kissed him before going indoors. "Love works in strange ways, believe me."

"Ah, yeah, whatever. Good night," Inuyasha said, kissing her again before he backed out of her driveway and then started to head home.

**

Married… Me! To Sesshomaru! Kara thought, giggling again. That hot, sexy guy will be mine and no one else's, she thought possessively as she sighed and settled down. What will we do this coming year though? He's going to Tokyo U and I'm still going to be in high school… Is he even going to live at home?

It would have been great if they had discussed those questions before he bluntly had said `Marry me' like he had. He hadn't even thought everything out! Kara groaned and tried to settle down for some sleep. They needed to sit and work things out if they were going to make a marriage work!

**

"Kara, as you are aware…" Sesshomaru started as he looked towards the window of the hospital towards the exit instead of looking directly towards her. "What I mean is-"

"You don't know how everything is going to work, out. Am I right?" she asked as they walked out of the hospital. Sesshomaru looked down towards her to see her smug grin and then nodded in reply. "Why don't we just wait it out another year, hm? Or… are you feeling too horny and is that why you need to marry me…" Kara added, giggling, her cheeks becoming scarlet at that naughty comment.

Sesshomaru's eyes widened at that but he didn't replied. Kara smothered her laughter in her hand and then grasped his as they continued to walk along. "Sesshomaru, I wouldn't mind waiting to be with you but if you want this marriage to be now then that's all right… We just couldn't have children though until I'm out of college. That would be a pain in the ass to be studying and breastfeeding a baby at the same time…" she trailed off, muttering to herself.

"That is true… Even though I wouldn't mind seeing you barefoot and pregnant," he whispered down towards her, making her let out an exasperated cry.

"You'd like that wouldn't you!" she yelled at him, beating him with her free arm. "Men… They're all the same…" she groaned, leaning her head on his arm. "Would you be able to tolerate me, Sesshomaru?" she asked him, looking up into his face. "Would you be able to wake up to my face every day, knowing that I'd be the only woman in your life?"

Sesshomaru's eyes narrowed down at her as he thought clearly about the question she had just asked him. After a moment's pause he wrapped his arm around her shoulders and kissed her on the top of the head. "Yes, I believe I could, if you were willing to wake up to my face every morning and be ready for some `early fun'…" He finished, a pervish smile coming to his lips.

Kara sighed. "Sex, sex, sex. That's all men ever think about in a marriage…"

"I admire your defiant personality too. That would make you all too irresistible when I am trying to seduce you," Sesshomaru replied arrogantly.

"You're terrible…" Kara sighed and smacked her forehead with her hand.

**

The new school year came and went in the blink of an eye. Sesshomaru lived at home of course with Inuyasha and Kara, the two of them becoming closer and closer. Kara told Sesshomaru that since they were going to be married that there would be no more sex and that they would try things when they were married. The senior wasn't so thrilled at the idea at first but he grew accustomed to it when he saw how determined Kara was to wait.

They had a small ceremony, only a few people attended. These people included Kagome and her family, Sango and Miroku (who were now a very hot item even though Sango was fighting to keep Miroku's wandering eyes from… er… wandering!) since they had gotten to know Kara, and Inuyasha. Kara had an invitation sent to the jail where Sesshomaru and Inuyasha's father was because it was only right.

"He may have been a jackass, a drunk and a total looser but he's still your father. He must have loved you at some point in your life," she told Sesshomaru lightly when he flipped out and nearly tore the invitation that she was signing. "Besides. He won't be able to come anyways, remember?"

The wedding was formal and traditional Japanese. Kara dressed and undressed out four different kimonos, two of which were her mother's passed down from her mother, family heirlooms. Sesshomaru looked very handsome (if not hot in Kara's opinion) in his royal custom-made robes that were tied at the waist with a red obi. The sleeves were embroidered red with some flowers and black material, adding over all to the ethereal and serene look he had going.

Inuyasha watched in amazement, Kagome cried and Sango duct taped Miroku's hands inside his very nice looking kimono so no one could see and so he would behave himself. When Sesshomaru and Kara kissed, they pulled back immediately at the blinding flashes coming from Sango and Kagome's cameras and they glared at them viciously.

"Oh no…" Kagome whispered, pulling down the camera she had been snapping pictures with. "They look upset," she added, looking to Sango in fright.

"You… You…" Kara stuttered, stepping out of Sesshomaru's embrace and started pacing towards them. "You ruined my WEDDING KISS!" she yelled at the two young women who were looking extremely guilty.

"Now, Kara… D-don't do anything irrational… on your wedding day…" Sango stuttered as she ushered Kagome towards the exit of the small hall they were using for the ceremony.

"Yes!" Miroku exclaimed, standing up swiftly, revealing the duct tape handcuffs he was wearing. "Save your ire for the bedroom!"

All eyes were immediately on him and he grinned in embarrassment. Sesshomaru started to growl and his growl was accompanied with Inuyasha's and they both clearly gave the message, `You're dead'.

**

Kara pushed a sweaty mass of hair out of Sesshomaru's face as she propped herself up to look at him appraisingly. He was doing the same to her and he kissed her passionately before she pushed him back teasingly. "That was a good wedding, wasn't it?"

"Yes, until the point that Kagome and Sango destroyed our kiss… I believe they had that planned," he growled but then his expression returned to stoic as he added, "But the wedding regained its lost spirit after I personally escorted Miroku out," the man of twenty years old sighed as he propped himself up on his elbows, his eyes roaming over his wife's beautiful body in hunger and possession. "But let's not focus on the wedding, Kara…" he whispered sensuously as he leaned toward her ear, nipping it light, causing her to giggle.

"Again? You had that look in your eyes during our small reception. I'm a little bit tired," She replied, yawning as she scratched her young husband's scalp lightly, minding the scar that was on his head, remembering how Inuyasha had explained the abuse he had gone through.

"Fine, I shall allow you to rest this once," he grumbled and snuggled up to her, bringing her into his body as they melded into one another. His nose was at the nape of her neck as he closed his eyes to relax and fall asleep next to her.

"You're free now, Sesshomaru. You are your own man with a wife who has a cabinet full of birth control until she finishes college," she said softly, her voice alight with silly humor. Sesshomaru kissed her neck softly, groaning while he did so. Kara turned to face him, running her hands along his handsome face, kissing his forehead. "Aishiteru," she whispered, snuggling back into his embrace.

"Aishiteru," Sesshomaru whispered in return, kissing her softly on the head as they fell asleep in one another's grasp.

Who would have known that the two people in the world with personalities that the other could not stand had become this close and fallen so deeply in love? It was not easy for them but it became so in the end for love over comes all. Even hate. Even loneliness.

Even a heart of stone…

THE END

(AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! IT'S OVER! Sob! Sob! I had so much fun writing this fic! Thank you for all who supported me. This is my second completed fic ever! I'm going to miss it more than `The Princess Bride'! WAAAAAAAAAH! Now to update others! LUV YA!)