InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Pieces of The Sun ❯ Myriad ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

She sees in colour. Her young brother zipping past, full of energy and life, is a bright shining blue.
But there, she sees a flash of blue and green. A fox-child.
Is it a sliver of violet? A smiling monk.
Or a beautiful tint of dark night on leather? A woman. Who is she?
She hears in colour. Her mother's laugh is a lush verdant green. She smiles. But then she hears a cold, harsh voice, the colour of poison and lifeless blood.
She smells in colour. The temple shrine smells of lavender incense, of prayers offered to the deity. Yet, the scent of rain on parched earth reminds her of the bright shining blue, leaves her feeling empty.
She dreams in colour. She wades through the colours of the rainbow, through the cerulean blues, misty greens, bold oranges, to reach the comforting reds. Gaudy violets, and gentle cream, hazy yellows and shimmering pinks. The golden colour of the Sun draws her deep inside, leading her to pure radiant silver. She doesn't notice the evil streak of grey caressing her, trapping her…….
Help me, please. She is caught in her monotonic dream, never to arise again.
Then she sees the lavender, the blue, the black and the gold sun again.
We'll protect you.
She wakes, sweat pouring down her face.
Who are you?
A tear drop falls across her cheek. The morning sun fills her room with light.
Looks like I don't remember you. And don't want to remember you.