InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Presenting, My Slave, My Mate ❯ Understanding ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagome and her kids were forced into a large room, which they would all be sharing for now. A few leopard youkai tailors came into the room and began to measure each one of them for new clothing.
 
Rin was nervous, but the gray haired seamstress was kind and did her best to get Rin comfortable.
 
Shippo didn't care, he seemed almost used to this, and the guy working with him didn't seem to care too much about anything but his work.
 
Kagome had a male and a female working on her and they seemed intent on their work, as if everything had to be perfect. This unnerved Kagome, but they left before she went crazy.
 
Rin and Shippo ran around the room and saw that they got their own western styled bed.
 
“Mamma, you have your own bed too, see!” Rin giggled as she showed Kagome her bed.
 
The three were glad. They had gotten so used to sleeping on the hard dirt floor that they knew a soft bed would feel good to them.
 
Kagome opened a door near her bed and found an indoor hot spring that seemed to belong to the room. Kagome told Rin to take a bath, but the fight with Shippo settled with a splash. Rin found the soaps and the trio was soon sparkling clean. Shippo rushed to find the towels and they dried themselves off. Kagome was happy she wasn't drying strangers off.
 
They got redressed and walked into their new room.
 
Kagome sat on a pillow and Rin and Shippo shared her lap as she told them about lands beyond the sea. Lands that Shippo remembered. Rin just listened in awe.
 
InuTaisho opened the door quietly and listened as Kagome depicted the rolling hills of the southern lands, and smirked when Shippo corrected her on some minor detail.
 
He walked in and sat across from them. “Dinner will be here in an hour. I see you have made use of the hot springs. Tomorrow, I will introduce you to InuYasha.” InuTaisho got up and left for his youngest son's room.
 
InuYasha watched as his father entered his room, but he merely sat on his bed and waited for his father to tell him something.
 
“InuYasha, since you refuse to find yourself a mate, I have found you one myself. You will meet her and her adopted children tomorrow. She's an untrained priestess and a virgin. If you don't treat her with respect, you'll have to deal with me.”
 
“Where'd ya find her, the slave trade?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“She already has kids? What the fuck!”
 
“InuYasha, that is no way for the future Lord of the Eastern Lands to act!!! She mothers a fox demon boy and a human girl, if you have a problem with that then too bad! I had to force her to do this and there is no way I'm going to fail due to an idiotic choice made by a child I sired!!”
 
InuYasha hung his head to show respect to his father, he wouldn't verbally apologize, but submitting would be considered a silent form of apology.
 
“When will I meet these people?” InuYasha sighed.
 
“You will meet Kagome and her kids tomorrow. I told Kagome that you are her master, but treat her well.”
 
 
A servant brought in a basket of food and Kagome thanked the servant profusely.
 
“Look at all this food guys, it looks delicious!” Kagome said as she unpacked it. There was juice for the kids and wine for her, although Kagome put the wine away and pored juice for all of them, salad, soup, bread, meat that was both cooked and not cooked, an assortment of vegetables, and of course, dessert.
 
They all ate as if they had never eaten in their life, but Kagome made sure they were eating with manners. Shippo devoured the uncooked meat for he knew he was the only one who liked it like that. They finished eating and were surprised to see how much food was still left after they ate. They put the leftovers back into the basket and cleaned up the crumbs they had dropped.
 
The youkai that had been working on Rin earlier came into the room with an armful of clothing and began to place them into the three different armoires in the room. When she was done, she looked at Kagome and walked over to her.
 
Rin and Shippo were cleaning up and getting ready for bed, so Kagome didn't mind the company.
 
“Hello, my name is Aletha! Lord InuTaisho told me about you. If you need anything, have any questions, or just want someone to talk to, just say my name and I'll come as soon as I can! To be honest, I'm so happy that this castle has kids in it again. I know we'll get to know each other well and I plan on working in the Eastern castle once Lord InuYasha mates.”
 
Kagome smiled and thanked the elder youkai before she left. Kagome tucked Rin and Souta into bed before doing the same herself.
 
 
InuYasha paced around his room after dinner thinking about meeting his mate-to-be who, for now, would be his servant. He was puzzled, but it suddenly came to him, Kanna! Ever since Naraku died, InuTaisho was given his slaves.
 
InuYasha called Kanna into his room and told her to show him Kagome and her pups. He was surprised, she looked asleep and from the looks of it one of her kids, looking scared, was crawling into Kagome's bed. InuYasha dismissed Kanna and then went to bed himself.
 
 
Kagome awoke and found Rin beside her. Shippo, as usual, was up, but he looked around confused.
 
Kagome woke up Rin and went to the armoires to, for the first time in Kagome and Rin's lives, pick out today's clothes.
 
Shippo insisted on choosing himself, so Rin insisted she could as well, but Rin ended up wanting to wear a kimono to match her mother's.
 
Kagome placed their old clothes in a bag she found in the room and put the bag in her armoire hoping no one would take it.
 
Once again InuTaisho entered their room. Kagome bowed to InuTaisho and asked him if what they were wearing was suitable and he said it was.
 
“InuYasha will meet you three in the gardens in an hour.” InuTaisho seemed happy about something and smiled widely. “Why don't I show you to the garden you will be meeting him at today.”
 
InuTaisho turned and the trio followed. Shippo took his mother's hand and Rin clung to Kagome's leg. The group walked a while though the castle until they came to a hallway with several doors leading outside. He went to one near the middle on the right side and stepped through.