InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Return to the Place Where I First Loved You! ❯ To Dance, Or Not to Dance! ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Return To The Place Where I First Loved You!
 
By Gogina
 
Chapter 5
 
To Dance, Or Not To Dance!
 
“Kagome, you haven't been listening to a word I've been saying, have you?”
 
Hojo's voice snapped me back to reality and I realized where I was - and what Hojo had just asked me. My cheeks flared red. Whether it was from anger, or embarrassment, I'll never be able to tell you, but one thing was certain - no way was I going to Prom with Hojo!
 
“Listen, Hojo,” I began, taking a deep breath. “I think you're a really great guy and there are probably tons of girls who would jump at the chance for you to take them to Prom. I'm sorry, but, I don't think I'm going. It brings back memories I prefer to forget. I'm sorry.”
 
InuyashaInuyashaInuyashaInuyashaInuyashaInuyashaInuyashaInuyashaI nuyasha
 
Hojo took my rejection rather well, considering that as soon as I did, he went and asked another girl from his History class to go with him. No matter. I had told him I wasn't going, and that was the truth. Without Inuyasha there, it'd be wrong. I can remember last year, dancing across the floor, in Inuyasha's arms . . .
 
 
“You look beautiful tonight, Kagome,” Inuyasha whispered in my ear as the music guided us back and force. “Then again, you look beautiful every night.”
 
I blushed. I couldn't help it. Oh, God, I was in love!
 
“And you look very handsome,” I replied, fully realizing that he had pulled me closer against him. “Inuyasha, I-“
 
”Shhhhh,” he said, placing his clawed finger to my lips. “Enough talk, Kagome. I came here with you to have a good time and we can't do that if you're constantly babbling.”
 
 

Yeah, my perfect night.
 
 
That was last year. A lifetime ago. In the past, literally.
 
“Kagome, there's a young man here asking for you!” my mom called up to me and I could just hear the teasing tone in her voice.
 
Hojo just didn't know when to give up. Quickly, I hurried to the stairs and raced down them. At the bottom, I started talking.
 
“Hojo, I told you that I don't want to go to Prom with you,” I said, angrily. “Find-“
 
”He's been bothering you again, huh?”
 
My heart stopped. No, it can't be. He wouldn't come here. Not now!
 
“I-Inu-Inuyasha,” I stammered, already losing the strength in my legs. As I fainted, collapsing onto the floor, I heard voices. Mom's. Souta's. Grandpa's. And the one voice I thought I'd never hear again. Inuyasha's.
 
 
A/N: Okay, way too tempting to end it here. So, here it is, folks. Please, R&R!