InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Ruined ❯ Where it started ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
Chapter 1: Where it started
 
Got this idea when sitting in my room, being bored.
 
 
“Hurry up Mommy! They'll get here any second!” A wound up 11-year-old Kagome was running around making sure everything was perfect for her party. “I'm moving as fast as I can sweet heart.” Mrs. Higurashi was pulling a birthday cake from the oven. “Well it's not fast enough!” The doorbell rang. Kagome opened it and invited in her guest. “Happy Birthday Kagome!” Eri handed her a gift. “Thank You.” Eri's mother went into the kitchen, “Having a rough time, I see.” “Yes. She thinks that because she's 11 now she can do whatever it is she pleases.” “That is exactly how Eri was on her 11th. The worst hasn't even come yet.” As much as Mrs. Higurashi tried to deny it, she knew her friend was right.
 
Kagome was at the table, surrounded by her friends. Her mom brought in the cake, and then they began to sing. “Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday Kagome. Happy Birthday to you.” Her mom had placed the cake in front of her. “Make a wish sweet heart.” Kagome closed her eyes and thought. Finally, she blew out the candle and her guest applauded. “Now dig in!” Kagome took her literally and went face forward into the cake. Eri, Yuri, and Ayumi giggled and took icing from Kagome's face. She beamed as her mom and many other parents took her picture. Buyo came up and licked her face. “Buyo!” She got up and chased her cat outside. All her friends followed her and played catch Buyo. “Hey Kagome! I got him!” Ayumi yelled. “Never run away from me again, Buyo. If you do, just know, I will catch you.” Kagome said in a threatening to her cat. He hissed at her and waddled into the house. “Who wants to play hide and seek?”
 
Yuri was pouting. “Why do I have to be it?” Ayumi turned to her and said, “Because, when everyone was saying, `not it' you were the last person to say something.” Kagome jumped in with, “C'mon Yuri! Please!” She sighed, “Oh, alright. However, I am not waiting for anyone! 1, 2, 3…” Everyone scattered, looking for a place to hide. Kagome ran, not knowing where to go. All the good hiding places were taken and she was not going to hide in the house, too oblivious. She ran away from the house and into the streets of the city. “I'll go back in a few minutes after I know they've given up.” Luckily, there was a park near the shrine. She was alone there, and that is just how she liked it. She got on the swing and sat there, singing to herself. A man around the age of 25 was jogging through the park that day when he saw this young girl sitting on a swing. Thoughts went through his mind about what he could do with a young girl like that. Before Kagome knew what was happening, she was grabbed from behind and pulled off the swing. She knew it was not her mom or grandpa by the strength of the person. She screamed as loud as she could but was not loud enough. Why was today one of the days when no one was at the park? His hand covered her mouth and he was pulling her to his car. She tried to fight back but was overpowered. He threw her into the backseat and got in. He locked the door and tried to undress her. She screamed louder. “Will you shut up?” “Mommy! Grandpa! Help!” He could not take it anymore. He punched her in the face and she was knocked out. Then he proceeded to do what he kidnapped her for.
 
Everyone was looking frantically but could not seem to find her. Ayumi ran into the kitchen where the adults were. “Mrs. Higurashi! Mrs. Higurashi! We can't find Kagome!” “What do you mean you can't find Kagome?” “We have been looking for her everywhere but we can't find her!” “Well I'll help you look for her.” Mrs. Higurashi was not worried. She just thought that maybe Kagome had found a good hiding spot and they had not looked there yet. After about 10 minutes of researching the shrine, it was confirmed that Kagome was nowhere to be found. “Where could she be?” Hojo's father placed a comforting hand on her shoulder and said, “Don't worry Higurashi. I am sure she will turn up.” They waited for hours and finally she cracked. “I'm calling the police.” Before anyone could respond she ran to the phone, then there was a knock at the door. She opened it hoping Kagome would be there. Instead, there was a silver haired man at the door.
 
He cleared his throat, “Mrs. Higurashi?” She looked up at him, eyes red and tear filled. “Where is my Kagome? I need to see Kagome, please.” “Mrs. Higurashi, we have found your daughter. Please, come with me.” She nodded and followed him eagerly. He walked towards where she knew the park was. “Where are we going? I thought you were taking me to see Kagome.” “I am. Just wait.” After walking a little while longer, Mrs. Higurashi saw lights flashing ahead and heard sirens. She picked up speed and was at the park in no time. “Kagome! Kagome, where are you?” The silver haired detective nodded his head in the direction of an ambulance. She ran to it. Surrounding it was camera operators and reporters. All she could see was bright lights and camera flashes, but she did not care. She shoved and elbowed her way through the sea of people until finally, “Kagome! Are you okay? What happened to you?” Kagome just lay there, trying to keep her eyes open for as long as she could. “Momma? Is that you?” “Oh Kagome! Who did this to you?” “I don't know. I was just at the park, on a swing when, out of nowhere, someone grabbed me. He carried me to his car and the last thing I remember was him punching me in my face. Now I'm all bruised and my private hurts.” She was indeed bruised. A big blue spot was forming around her eye; a long scratch was going down her arm, and worse, there was what looked like a bite mark, between her shoulder and neck. “What is that?” she asked herself silently. Just then, a paramedic came. “Are you Mrs. Higurashi?” “Yes.” “We have to take Kagome to the hospital, now. I'm sorry, but there isn't enough room in the ambulance for you to ride with her. You may, however, come and see her tomorrow when she is in better shape.” “O-ok.” The paramedic got into the ambulance and they were on their way to the hospital. “I must get home,” thought Mrs. Higurashi.
 
She was barely in the door before being attacked by Souta. “Momma! Come quick! Kagome is on the news.” He ran back to the TV area. “I didn't that they would have gotten the story this quickly!” She followed behind Souta and heard the reporter.
 
In other news, 11 year old, Kagome Higurashi was attacked and raped today. She was in the park when she was grabbed from behind. A passerby, who came to the park with her child, found Kagome under a slide undressed and badly bruised. The passerby, Izayoi Takahashi, called her the police. The rapist was described as a tall, about 5' 7', Japanese male with long black hair in one braid. He was last seen wearing gray sweat pants and a white T-shirt. If you have seen this man, call this number 465-574-5835.
 
 
The next day
 
“She's in room 508,” said a nurse at the front desk. “Thank you.” Mrs. Higurashi was walking down the hallway as quickly as she could, but trying not to run. She needed to see how her daughter was doing. “506. 507, 508!” She opened the door only to run into the doctor. “Mrs. Higurashi! I was just about to call you to come down here. May I have a word with you outside?” She looked in the room to see Kagome in her hospital bed and then said, “Sure.” They stepped out and closed the door. “So how is she?” “She's doing wonderfully except for one problem.” Mrs. Higurashi was afraid to ask, so she kept quiet so that the doctor may continue. “Yesterday, Kagome took a lot of damage to her-” “STOP! I don't want to hear anymore!” She covered hear ears and hoped that he would just leave her there. “Mrs. Higurashi! This is very important!” He removed her hands from her ears and she stopped fighting back. “As I was saying,” he paused to fix his glasses on his nose, “After all the damage she took, she is now unable to have children.” She was at a loss for words. All she could do was stare at him. “But…” “I'm sorry Mrs. Higurashi. There is nothing we can do to help this.” She was fighting back tears and losing. “I leave you so you can go see Kagome.” She did not look up but nodded and wiped her tears. After a few minutes, she finally pulled herself together and went into the room. There, she saw Kagome flipping through the channels. “Momma! You came to see me!” “Of course I did. Why wouldn't I?” “I dunno. I thought you would be mad at me…” Mrs. Higurashi walked to her daughter and sat next to her on the hospital bed. “Mad? Why would I be mad?” “The doctor said that I won't be able to have children. You always talk about how you can't wait for me to get married so that you can have grandchildren. I thought you would be mad at me since I can't have children now.” She couldn't hold it in anymore. Mrs. Higurashi held her daughter to her chest and cried in her hair. “I would never be mad at you for something like that! It wasn't your fault.” “But Mama-” “But nothing. I am sorry for ever making you think that, Kagome. I was just… I never thought something like this would happen,” Kagome wrapped her arms around her mother's waist. “It's okay, mama.” They just stayed in each others arms and cried together.
 
 
 
Authors Note: Hope that was better than the first time I had did it. Wanted to make it better. Anyways, REVIEW!!!!!