InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Runaway ❯ Runaway ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Here's chapter 3 if anyone's even still reading.

Chapter 3: Runaway

The flames on the fire began to dwindle once more, and it was time once again for the firewood to be gathered.

Shippou looked the fireplace. He could see the charred wood and the gray and black ashes that remained. He looked up at Miroku and Kagome.

"Guys, we need more firewood." He stated.

"Well, I got it last, so it's someone else's turn." Kagome said.

"All right." Miroku said as he got up off of the tree trunk. "Shippou and I will go."

"Hey!" Shippou huffed. "I never volunteered."

"This will give Inuyasha and Kagome some time together." Miroku said with his hand over his mouth.

"Oh, right." Shippou agreed.

Miroku began to walk slowly away and the little kitsune followed. Kagome watched as the two disappeared into the forest. She sighed to herself and looked up at Inuyasha once more.

**I bet he's still thinking about Kikyo. ** Kagome thought to herself as her face twisted into a look of frustration. **He always thinks about her! Can't he just get his mind off of her for one minuet! I know it's hard to deal with it, but he shouldn't go around brooding on it! **

She sat for a while, her face still twisted into that same look. She thought to herself. Now was not the time to be angry at Inuyasha, he needed comfort. Kagome slowly rose up and looked up at the hanyou.

"Inuyasha." She called up to him.

Inuyasha gave a downward gaze to the school girl.

"Yeah, what do ya want?" He questioned. His voice seemed somewhat tired. It also seemed confused and forlorn.

"Why don't you come down here so we can talk about it?" Kagome questioned.

"Feh.." Was the only answer Inuyasha gave her.

Kagome was a little frustrated with Inuyasha's answer, and felt that he was ignoring her.

"Fine, if you won't come down here, I'll come up there." She said as she tried to get some footing on the tree trunk. She dug her fingers into the hard, brittle bark and began to climb. She had only gotten about a foot or two off of the ground.

The hanyou watched as Kagome weakly made her way up the tree trunk. What determination! She really wanted to talk to him. He as somewhat surprised at her attempts.

She reached her hand up to grab a piece of bark. She took firm hold, but the bark had been slightly detached from the tree. It broke off and Kagome's face lit up with surprise. She let out a shriek as she fell to the ground and landed on her rump.

"Ow." She said in agony, closing one eye and rubbing her injured backside. Then she moaned in frustration and chunked the bark a distance from herself. She slowly rose and dusted her fuku once more.

She turned with her back facing Inuyasha and leaned up against the tree with her arms crossed. Then, she felt a small breeze and heard a rustle of clothes. It was Inuyasha! Inuyasha? Her face lit up with surprise once more as she turned slowly around, she could see the hanyou standing beside of her.

"I-Inuyasha?" She questioned.

"There's no use hurting yourself you know." He said with little enthusiasm.

"Are you all right?" Kagome asked shyly.

"Fine..So where's the monk and the kid?" Inuyasha asked, looking around for Miroku and Shippou who seemed to be nowhere to be found.

"The fire started going out, so they went into the forest to gather firewood." Kagome explained.

"Oh." Inuyasha said simply.

"You were thinking about Kikyo, weren't you?" Kagome questioned.

"What if I was? Why do you care?" Inuyasha huffed.

"Oh," Kagome said angrily. "So now what? I'm not supposed to care that your wasting your life thinking about dead girls?"

"What!?!" Inuyasha looked insulted.

"Every time anyone even says something that remotely reminds you of Kikyo, you get all solemn. Sometimes I think you care about her more then you care about the Shikon no Tama." Kagome began to gripe.

"Hey! That's not true! I'm just confused, ok!?" Inuyasha blared.

"All that matters to you is Kikyo!" Kagome yelled back at the hanyou, she could feel her face get hot. Her vision began to blur and her eyes welled up with tears. She hated it when Inuyasha yelled at her. He can be so insensitive at times.

"You don't even care about your friends! You'd rather see Kikyo then us!" Kagome continued.

Kagome turned around and wiped her face with the sleeve of her fuku.

"Hey! I didn't say that at all!" Inuyasha seemed twice as insulted as previously. "Now your putting words in my mouth!"

Kagome responded by taking off running. Inuyasha was surprised, he hadn't expected that.

"KAGOME!!"

Kagome heard him yell her name as she ran through the forest, tears streaming down her face. She didn't care where she was running to, she just wanted to be far away from Inuyasha.

"Kagome! KA-GO-ME!!" Inuyasha began to get irritated. He turned and crossed his arms. ** Maybe she'll run into Miroku and Shippou. She's so stubborn sometimes. she didn't even give me a chance to even say anything. **

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*< br>
Kagome ran as fast as she could. The tears streaming down her face, seeming to leave a trail as she ran through the thick woods. She could feel the wind wisp in her face and the branches o trees and plants hit her as she ran. She was so determined to get away from Inuyasha that it didn't seem to hurt her.

She ran down a natural path that seemed to go through the woods, most likely from the wildlife in the area. She reached a fallen tree and began to climb over it. she stopped half way to take a slight rest from her running. She didn't care if Inuyasha was behind her. She didn't care if he was going to take her back. At least she was Inuyasha-free for a few minuets.

She sat there, lightly panting to herself. The tears were still running down her now cold and wet cheeks. She wiped her eyes with her fuku sleeve, the now had a hole in it from being snagged on a tree branch.

** All he cares about is Kikyo. ** She thought as she sniffed. **Everything he looks at seems to remind him of her.....Even me. **

She looked at her hands for a moment, thinking to herself.

**So what if I'm Kikyo's incarnate...We're not the same person exactly!**

Kagome clenched her fist. She closed her eyes and began to get angry again. She slammed her fist weakly on the tree trunk, the bark crackling under her fist.

"Oh! That Inuyasha!" She moaned. "Well, if all he wants me for is a shard detector, then I'll just run away. That'll show him! "

She hopped down off of the tree trunk.

"Yeah, that's it!" She said to herself. "I'll run away and when he finally decides that he appreciates me, he can come after me. I don't need Inuyasha anyway. He can have Kikyo for all I care!"

Kagome walked casually off into the woods as if she knew where she was going. She decided to go sight seeing for a while to help get her thoughts off of the stubborn hanyou.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*

YAY!! *thows self party* I'm finally getting into the action! R&R!! I update fics due to reviews! The more reviews you leave, the more I update!!