InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Runaway ❯ Searching ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Well, it's been forever since I've updated this fic, more like about 100 years or so. Sorry about it. This fic is one of the last ones on my update lists. The more reviews it has, the better updates it gets, just remember that, so give me lots of reviews.

Chapter 4: Searching

Kagome walked through the woods, looking around at the scenery. She had thought about going into town, but she had left her little yellow bag back at camp with that hanyou, and there was no way that she was going back to get it with him around.

Kagome walked until she saw a small pond, she decided to go and sit at the pond. She sat at the water's edge, looking at her reflection in the clear liquid.

** All Inuyasha cares about is Kikyo. Doesn't he get it? ** She thought to herself.

** All Kikyo wants to do is kill him. I remember all those things all to well. I remember the day that I watched them kiss, and Kikyo tried to drag Inuyasha to hell with her. She might have loved him once, but not now. **

"Why do ya have to be so dense?" Kagome asked as she looked up into the trees. "Wow, looks like a big storm is coming up."

The sky seemed adorned with gray clouds, there were a few blue spaces left as they came at a steady pace.

"I'd better find somewhere to stay until the storm blows over." Kagome got up and began to try and find a safe place to stay until the rain cleared up. She couldn't seem to find any place that was fitting.

The rain began to fall lightly as she still walked through the endless trees.

Back at camp, Miroku and Shippou emerged from the woods. Shippou glanced at the fire to see that the rain had been putting it out slowly.

"Hmmm.." Miroku looked out. "Seems like rain."

Inuyasha sat on the ground with his arms out and his legs crossed, he wore an expression of anger. Miroku turned to his hanyou companion.

"Inuyasha, where's Kagome? We really should look for a warm dry place to stay tonight."

"Why should I know or care." The hanyou huffed. "She probably went home again."

Shippou thought to himself ** Sounds like Inuyasha and Kagome have been fighting again. ** The kitsune looked around and saw Kagome's bag, and the hair brush that lay beside of it. Several droplets of rain had collected on it, since she had been away.

"Why would Kagome leave her stuff here if she were going home?" Shippou inquired. It wasn't like Kagome to forget any of her things.

"Perhaps we should search for her." Miroku turned to him.

"Do whatever ya want." Inuyasha growled. "I'm stayin' here."

"As you wish." Miroku replied. "Come along Shippou, let's search for Kagome."

"Right."

The monk and the kitsune strolled off into the woods, leaving Inuyasha sitting in the rain. He didn't care, anger meant more to him then a wet kimono at the moment.

Kagome ran through the trees as the rain began to fall at a more steady pace. (A/N: It actually is raining here when I'm writing this...how odd is that?) Kagome tried to cover her head with her hands, but to no avail. It was a weak attempt. Her fuku was now soaked with rain and the breezes didn't do much but make her cold as well as wet.

"Achoo!"

Kagome sneezed a bit. "Ugh...If I don't find somewhere to go soon, I'm going to get sick."

"Kagome!"

"Kagoooomeeee!!"

Shippou and Miroku called one after another into the woods. Still no sign of the girl. Shippou rounded to the rain soaked monk.

"Any sign of Kagome?" He asked.

"None, I wonder where she could have gone."

Miroku and Shippou scanned the forest for some sign of the schoolgirl, but there was none. She had really ran away this time, and no doubt it would take a while to find her. It was just the two of them, while Inuyasha sat on the ground, angry.

Shippou sighed, “Why do we always have to pick up the mess? This happens every time Inuyasha and Kagome fight. Inuyasha yells and Kagome goes home.”

“Hn.”

Kagome walked through the woods, now soaked to the skin with rain water. The wind was cold against her skin and it sent chills up her body.

 

“It’s so cold.” She shivered with her arms up against her bust, trying to conceal the warmth in her body.

 

Nightfall was on the horizon, soon night would come and the creatures of the night come out. Most likely demons and forest creatures. The forest creatures didn’t seem to scare Kagome as bad as the thought of there being demons in there.

 

After all, Naraku had his minions, then there was Sesshoumaru and Jaken, also the hell wasps were flying around, looking to claim whatever fragments of the Shikon Jewel there were. Naraku himself was out there was well, and Kikyo....

 

The sky was blazing red with the sunset. Kagome sat under a tree and watched the sun fade away underneath the horizon line. She wished that she had at least taken her little yellow bag with her, but in her sudden blind of anger, she just walked off. Now she was lost, and she regretted leaving the hanyou, no matter how badly he was treating her.

 

She also thought about going home, but there seemed to be as much hassle at home as there was in the feudal era. She had to keep up her grades, and try not to miss much of school, and then there was Hojo, a nice boy who had always been kind to Kagome.

 

Kagome thought about many things and tried to solve her own dismay inside of the depths of her brain. She was starting to miss Miroku, Shippou and yes, even Inuyasha. He was so stubborn...

 

Kagome looked up at the sky, which had now turned a shade of light purple. She could see a tiny, twinkling star.

 

*** Oh great, it’s getting late. I’m cold and wet. I should really try to find my way back. I can let Inuyasha apologize when I get back. *** Kagome thought as she stood up, a rush of cold air hitting her.

 

“Achoo!”

 

She sneezed again. Kagome wiped her nose with the arm of her shirt. “ I think I’m getting sick.”

 

She walked through the forest, trying to come back through the way she came. She figured by re-tracing her footsteps that she would be able to find her way back to Miroku, Shippou and Inuyasha back at the campsite.

 

After what seemed like hours of wandering through the forest, she sighed in defeat.

 

“ Now I’m probably worse off then I started. It’s no use, all of the trees look the same.” I should just get some sleep and worry about it in the morning...If I can sleep that is.”

 

Kagome lay down under a tree, trying to keep close to the roots and hoping that they would block some of the wind that was blowing around the forest floor. As she lay there, she shivered to herself. Curled up in a ball, trying to conserve her body heat.

She shivered there, on the cold, hard ground and coughed occasionally. The night air and dropped temperatures wouldn’t be good with the fact she was wet and already coughing. Kagome would just have to try and get some much needed rest without the aid of a warm fire or good friends to surround her with peace and unease.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Poor Kagome, what will become of her? Find out next time in chapter 5. I hope I haven’t lost any fans. My computer’s been down a while and I haven’t been able to update! Gomen! Please review and make me happy! This fic is third to the last for updates, so I have to try and keep up with it. I hope you enjoyed it!

 

R&R!