InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sadame ❯ Chapter 9

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Author Note: That I managed to get this done now is just pure luck. I almost doesn't have any free time left now. I'm working all the time. If I wasn't free today I would had ended up working 12 days in a row, I would had been dead by the 24th. As for this story, I'm evil. That's all I have to say. When things can't get worse I will be there to make it happen. I don't know why but I just wanted the situation more complicated than it already was. As I always do when I write I'm just following the flow of my mind and imagination. Always have and always will. Don't get scared and run away, or when you come to the last part of this chapter, don't call me evil. I AM evil from time to time when I write fan fictions. I will make it better for you, I promise.

Warnings: Incest, m/m, abuse, Mpreg.

Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha.

Read, Enjoy and Review.

Sadame
By Monkan

Chapter 9

"How is InuYasha?" Sango asked the others when she entered the hut.

"Still no change and Sesshomaru hasn't left his side once." answered Miroku.

"He must be hurt by everything that have happened." said Shippo.

Kouga snorted, "Maybe but then again he hasn't showed that much of a response to it. He sure lives up to his reputation as the perfect youkai."

"Kouga!" scolded Kagome the wolf prince. "He just found out that he had a daughter but she's dead and they can't even burry her body now. I'm sure he's more upset than he lets on."

"Why are you defending them now?" asked Miroku in a wondering voice. "As I recall, you weren't very acceptant of InuYasha when you found out he had a male mate."

Kagome looked hurt but her eyes looked sad and ashamed at the same time. "It's true that I don't like it but... I don't want them to be hurt anymore. They've been through so much and they've lost a daughter. But they will have to leave it behind even before one of them have the time to grieve. And its all because of Naraku." her fists clenched. "We have all pieces of the Shikon no Tama in front of us now but if we take the shards from InuYasha... he will die. I can't do that. I can't let InuYasha die just because of Naraku's sick plans. There have to be something we can do."

-o-o-o-o-o-

Behind closed curtains laid InuYasha on a futon. Beside him sat Sesshomaru and looked down at InuYasha's peaceful face. The scent of tears hung heavily in the air, all of them belonged to InuYasha. He hadn't shed a single tear, even if he had wanted to. He knew what the others thought of him. They didn't remember that he was a daiyoukai so he had heard every single word they had said.

He had never known the reason behind InuYasha's actions. He had never taken the time to think about them, if he had he could had easily seen there were something deeper behind them. Now his anger he had felt toward InuYasha for leaving him seemed so insignificant. It still didn't seem real. A year ago they would have had a daughter. He hadn't even thought that they would ever have pups. He hadn't even known InuYasha was able to bear pups until now. It all made the past seem different. All his actions toward InuYasha got a different meaning. He even despited some of his own actions. But he couldn't had known. He couldn't had imagen that their lives would turn out like this. Hell, he hadn't even thought they would end up as mates.

He didn't know what the reason behind their mating was, he could only remember some deep unrecognized want and desire for his little brother. Something deep inside him had driven him to go find InuYasha. Not to kill him but to make him his.

When he found InuYasha he had lost all control of his actions. It all blended into a single emotion and act. The fire that burned inside of him was impossible to vanquish. Even as he claimed InuYasha as his own he could feel every fiber of his being wanting the hanyou even more. With each touch and each breath he was driven to the point of insanity. He hadn't hear InuYasha's pleas anymore but he knew that somewhere in the fire his little half-breed brother was also consumed by the heat of desire.

He had never felt like that before and it had only been the beginning. The years that followed for them was different, confusing but also wonderful. Before he knew it, Sesshomaru realized that he loved his little brother, more than a brother should. InuYasha had always been easy to read because he couldn't control his emotions like his older brother. Somewhere in all this they had come to stand on a single stone in the middle of a ripping ocean of emotions, together. But he knew their life together would be hard.

When they returned to the West Castle words had already spread through out the land. They were condemned and openly hated. InuYasha for being who he was and Sesshomaru for having such human feelings for a half breed. Before they got everything under control there were even those that were after their lives. They could trust no one but each other.

When Sesshomaru finally gained what loyalty was left in the land he rose up and guided his land. It became the beginning of an era that was greater than their fathers. There were still those that recented them but didn't want to die or leave their original homes so they pleaded loyalty to the Inu-youkai clan once more. The years that followed was peaceful and no one regretted their decision. Even if hard feelings were kept hidden toward InuYasha and Sesshomaru there was no rebels that tried to overthrow them.

They travelled through out the kingdom in order to look over it. During those years they created a legend as Sesshomaru reached an important age and InuYasha had reached maturity. While InuYasha grew up to be a handsome, if not a beautiful, male Sesshomaru reached the age where he came of age where he was considered a fully grown leader of the youkai.

Then, InuYasha was sealed on the tree where even time had no controll. For fifty years Sesshomaru watched over his little brother and protected him. Time had stopped for the young hanyou so after fifty years he hadn't grown at all while Sesshomaru had changed slightly, becoming more ethereal than he already was.

Maturity and coming of age was two different periods for youkais. When they reach maturity it's then that they will be able to create families, start growing to their true self, strength and gain most knowledge. Those were very important years where they spent time with their own kin. Coming of age was when they had finished maturing. The years was always different for every youkai. Some took only a year to come of age where some could spend hundred of years. Sesshomaru was one of those youkai. In a way it showed how high in status they were depending on when they came of age. The years that follows after that is also important as they stop growing and their true youki became sealed.

InuYoukais was known for their long period of maturity and coming of age. Even the lesser inu's had a period of at least five years before they came of age.

After fifty years sealed to the tree Sesshomaru was bewildered when he one arrived at the tree to find a bird sitting on the arrow. The birds mostly stayed away but this bird was a bright red colour that seemed to be burning in the sunlight. What really surprised him was that when the bird took of the arrow let go of InuYasha and Sesshomaru had to catch him in his arms to keep him from landing straight on his face in the dirt.

Finally he had his loved one back and soon after that he initiated the mating rituals. His years of loneliness had made him realize that even the life of a youkai was to short to waste. They never knew when either of them would be hunted and killed or what else that would keep them apart. With InuYasha as a hanyou there was no telling how long he would live with his human blood flowing through his veins.

When they returned they were once again faced with reality but they now knew how to handle it. They spend a year together before they were forcibly torn apart once again.

He didn't know what he had done to deserve this. Whenever he found happiness it was always taken from him and right now he couldn't see a happy ending to their lives.

InuYasha was dead. Or at least he had a body that would never grow or age. He wouldn't die of natural causes, he would end his life when the shard was removed. Even if they solved everything and went back to their old life, time would separate them. Nothing could go back to the way it used to be. The life span between a half-demon and a daiyoukai was already great but the distance between them now was even greater.

Either the shards would be removed and InuYasha would die or InuYasha would remain the same while Sesshomaru aged and died.

No matter what they did the outcome would be painful for either of them. One either eternally young unaffected by times cruel hand until his mate died, or an early death.

It all made sense now. Between mated youkais there have never been one case where one leave the other because it will result in death after a certain amount of time. If one of them dies the other will surely follow within a few weeks at the most. But somehow their bond had survived and that was because InuYasha was alive even though he was dead. Had InuYasha remained dead after he was killed by Naraku Sesshomaru would had been dead long ago by now. It was simple really. If it hadn't been for Naraku's twisted sense of pleasure they would had been dead.

He really didn't know what to think anymore, he didn't want to think anymore. He was so confused he wasn't sure what to believe anymore. He loved InuYasha, he loved him enough to die for him but at the same time he wasn't sure if their relationship could ever be the same again. If InuYasha left him one more time... he would surely die.

Sesshomaru reached out one hand and stroked aside a bit of InuYasha's white hair.

"With you in my arms I don't need anything else."

InuYasha stirred in his sleep but didn't wake up.

"But as I look at you I want to love you more."

-o-o-o-o-o-

Where are you going?

White hair swayed in the wind.

Don't go!

Faint footsteps grew even fainter.

Don't leave me!

The faint rustle of clothes.

I don't want to be alone!

The words long since spoken remained with him.

Stay with me!

The distance between them grew bigger.

Please...

He couldn't move, something was holding him down where he laid. When he looked down he saw blood had stained the floor he was laying on. His reflection was even reflecting on the surface underneath him. He tried to call out again but his voice was gone and he could no longer see the other figure.

He was suddenly facing a young little girl. Her bleak hair hung lifeless around her shallow face. Her eyes reflected nothing and she was holding onto a baby whose face he couldn't see. The girl stared at him in detest and with hatred in her eyes.

"I hate you. Why did you kill me?"

He couldn't say anything for his voice was still gone but he really tried to.

"What right did you have to take away my life? I wanted to live but you stole that from me. I hate you more than anything. I wish you would had died in my place."

He really wanted to appologize.

"I hate you."

Tears started to fall from his eyes.

"I hate you."

They fell into the blood and mixed, creating ripples in the red colour.

"I HATE YOU."

"InuYasha?"

The hanyou woke up with a start and was staring into a pair of concerned amber eyes. InuYasha was barely aware of warm tears running down his face. His heart felt like it would break again. How many times would he have to live through this life? How many more sins would he be able to handle. How much longer would he have to live instead of others?

"InuYasha." came Sesshomaru's calm voice. He placed his hands on either sides of InuYasha's face and brought his own face so close their foreheads were touching. "I'm here, love. I'm here now. I'm not letting you go."

'If you knew the whole truth you wouldn't be saying that.' InuYasha's thoughts said. 'You would really hate me if you knew what I've done.'

InuYasha opened his mouth to say something but no words could get through before a death chilling shriek filled the air and they were brought back to the reality outside.

From the woods came dead youkais that had emerged from the ground. How they had managed to get there was beyond anyone but they were now attacking everything alive. Human, animal or youkai didn't matter.

Kagome, Sango, Miroku, Kirara, Shippo and Kouga came out from their hut and took up the fight and with their injuries since the earlier battle and with little rest since then they had a tough time. The bravest of the human warriors did their best but now and then they fell victim to death. Some of the youkai tried to break through the door to one of the huts but they were cut to pieces by Sesshomaru's poisoned whip. He took a step outside and his youkai was roaring with rage. His eyes bleed red with anger. How dare these lowly dead creatures follow them.

Most of the nearest youkai picked up Sesshomaru's youki and came after him but unlike earlier his speed was of such that they couldn't match it and his whip send them back to their graves. One very large youkai came up behind the hut and a fraction after Sesshomaru had time to react the hut was crushed to the ground.

From the smoke landed Sesshomaru a safe distance from the hut with InuYasha in his arms.

"How dare you..." he growled deeply. "You clearly don't know when you are out of your league." Sesshomaru's eyes bleed deep red and his youki around him started to swell and shape.

InuYasha put his hands against Sesshomaru's chest and pushed away. "Stop it." he first whispered but then it came out more loudly. "Stop it."

"InuYasha?" asked Sesshomaru confused.

"You don't know anything. You don't know anything about me or what I've done. But I will tell you....... and then you can decide if you want to stay with me or kill me."

"What are you talking about, InuYasha?" something in Sesshomaru told him something wasn't right with his mate. Every nerve in his body was telling him something was seriously wrong.

"She didn't have a chance. I killed her before she was even born. I wasn't ready for her. I was really scared. I didn't know what I should do and I panicked. I didn't mean to but I was really, really scared."

Sesshomaru dodged and killed two youkai that came after him. "What are you talking about?" he asked as he was trying to sort everything out in his head.

"Your daughter. I killed her." InuYasha told him.

Sesshomaru let out a sigh and took a grip of InuYasha's shoulders. "No you didn't kill her, Naraku killed her. You know it very well. You wouldn't hurt any of our children so stop lying to me."

InuYasha shook his head franticly. "No, not her."

"You are not making any sense, what are you talking about?" he could feel everything rushing up on him. Nothing made sense anymore.

InuYasha made himself free from Sesshomaru's grip and backed away. Fresh tears spilled from his eyes, his whole body shook as he took a deep but short breath just to scream out; "I WAS PREGNANT ONCE BEFORE WITH YOUR PUP AND I KILLED HER."

Everything around Sesshomaru seemed to stop and he stared with his cold yet shocked eyes at his beloved. He couldn't find the energy to do anything. He watched InuYasha take a few unsteady step but he still didn't move or anything else.

"Do you understand now?" InuYasha asked in a broken voice. "I don't deserve you. I've sinned so deeply that I can never be forgiven. I've killed my own blood. I..." his voice died out into a whisper. "I don't know what to do anymore."

Neither of them had time to react or realize what was happening. The ground behind InuYasha cracked and tentacles impaled the half-breed through his chest. Naraku appeared from the broken ground and he held InuYasha high above it. Blood ran down his legs and stained the ground.

All sounds around him seemed to fade away. He couldn't hear them anymore. He couldn't hear the desperate crying of fleeing humans. He couldn't hear his friends voices as they saw him being killed in front of them. The world was silent around him. He could only hear the faint sound of his own dripping blood. But even that was getting distance.

As silence surrounded him he could hear 'his' voice calling out his name desperately, loud and clear.

"INUYASHA!"

Tbc...