InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sadame ❯ Chapter 10

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Author Note: Here it is. Chapter then took a little longer than I first thought to get posted. To tell the truth I'm moving and all between packing, working, birthdays and friends I've had little time over where I couldn't resist just being lazy and doing nothing. This story is moving forward and if I know myself right then it will probably end before or at chapter 14. I don't know but there are only one story that I've managed to get past that number and not losing it. I must say that I'm confused myself at how this story will work out but I've had some really fun and intresting inspiration sources lately. I hope you will enjoy this chapter and that it will make you wait for the next.

Warnings: Incest, m/m, abuse, Mpreg.

Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha or any of the original characters from the show.

Read, Enjoy and Review.

Sadame
By Monkan

Chapter 10

Sesshoumaru caught InuYasha's falling body before it hit the ground. The blood stained his hands and continued to flow over the ground. Time had seemed to slow down around him. InuYasha's head lolled to the side with his eyes closed, a string of blood escaped his mouth and it was all it took to break the spell over time.

"InuYasha." Sesshoumaru called but there was no reaction from the hanyou in his arms. The shards in his neck was still pulsing with life and was keeping him alive even in these conditions. Even for a youkai, wounds like these were fatal. His arms shifted so he could hold InuYasha closer. Their faces were mere inches apart and he didn't want to let go. He didn't want to lose InuYasha again.

A painful scream rised up and Sesshoumaru's head jerked up and saw how some of the monsters had bitten into Naraku's body. The dark haired hanyou were struggling to break free but as his blood spilled onto the ground more and more dead youkai latched onto him. It was a cruel fate and it would had continued if it wasn't for a sudden increase of wind and the youkai's shattered in it. Kagura landed on the ground next to Naraku. She took one look at her master and she could tell that the only course of action left was to flee. The parts of Naraku's body that had been bitten and even eaten were beginning to rot, how something like this could happen to Naraku was beyond her. Maybe it had been his stupidity to believe that he was invincible that lead to this humiliating defeat.

"This isn't over..." he hissed. "I will come back for you InuYasha and after that... you will never be able to escape me." his words were dripping with venom as if he was cursing the hanyou.

Naraku looked up at Kagura with anger written all over his face, "Let's go."

She unleashed her feather and with Naraku on it they lifted from the ground.

Some of the youkai's threw themselves after the spilled blood on the ground while the others kept going, there were still living pray to kill and more blood to spill. The once peaceful village had been reduced to a forgotten memory.

The faint touch from InuYasha's hand brought Sesshoumaru's attention back to his loved one in his arms. InuYasha opened his mouth for a moment before coughing out blood. His fingers gripped onto his brothers clothes and refused to let go. He tried to voice his words but all he managed was bringing up more blood until Sesshoumaru couldn't stand to see it anymore. He placed his fingers over InuYasha's lips, silencing him.

"I'm sorry." he said in a whisper. "All this time I let you carry this burden alone. I wasn't there when you needed me. I'm sorry."

InuYasha looked up at the daiyoukai who had now been reduced to a broken soul, ready to cry for his mistakes. InuYasha shook his head but Sesshoumaru wouldn't listen to him. InuYasha would had continued to protest when the breath of death came closer to them. Sesshoumaru seemed to sense it too and it was only then that they looked up and noticed just how close the dead had gotten to them.

They knew they should continue fighting for their lives but at the same time they somehow knew that they no longer had the strength to keep on fighting. They were tired, both in the body and in their souls. They wanted to rest, some sort of escape from the cruel reality. If this would be the way they were meant to die at least they would die in each others arms.

Sesshoumaru lowered his face until their foreheads were touching and he closed his eyes. He could feel the faint puffs of air that were InuYasha's breath. He could smell the scent that were InuYasha, even if it were buried under layers of blood, dirt and death. He didn't need to look to know InuYasha too had closed his eyes and were taking in every little detail of his brother and.... mate. He had no doubts now, they were mates. Even if things had been uncertain and they were torn apart it was something he was sure of now. They would always and forever be mates, no matter what happened to them. For their hearts called for each other, they needed each other, they desired each other more than anything before.

I love you.

A youkai dived for them but it was crushed mercilessly before it even had time to reach them. Completely out of nowhere a tall, red haired female youkai stepped. As she took a step forward and crushed the blood stained grass under her foot the dead youkai took a step backward. She took another step forward and they took two steps back.

Her piercing glare sent them even back further, the intensity around her was almost touchable.

"Go back to your graves. There is no place for you here." she told them and as if they were still intelligent they took of back into the forest as if they were scared for their lives.

The remaining living humans stood still in awe as the moment of victory seemed to settle in. It had been victory, their victory even if many had been lost and their homes were in ruins. At least they had helped stop a great evil from destroying the whole land. At least that's how they felt along the numbing sorrow.

Kagome wiped away the sweat from her face and her hand clutched onto her last arrow and the bow. She looked around to take in the damage that had occurred and when she turned her gace back to the female youkai she were no longer where she had been or even close to. Now, she was kneeling next to InuYasha and Sesshoumaru. The brothers held tightly onto each other as they watched every move she made. It surprised Kagome a great deal, how much they still needed and loved each other despite all that had happened.

The red haired female reached out toward the bleeding wounds on InuYasha's body and with just a sweep of her hand they were gone. InuYasha could feel his strength coming back to him and he touched his chest just to make sure he wasn't simply seeing things.

"Who are you?" InuYasha heard his older brother ask her.

"I am Tsusaku. I'm here to get you. Come with me." she stood up gracefully and walked toward the path she came from.

Sesshoumaru's eyes narrowed as he inspected the woman. "Where are you taking us?" he asked icily.

Tsusaku threw a long glance over her shoulder at them before her mouth opened and almost in a sad voice she said, "Because a greater darkness is coming for you. If you want to save your mate you will follow me."

They both watched the female youkai continue walking, "Sesshoumaru..." InuYasha whispered almost as if he was saying something and without more delay Sesshoumaru stood up with InuYasha in his arms, protectively, as he followed Tsusaku's footsteps.

They could both hear the human girl and her friends calling after them but they paid them no attention or stilled their motions. InuYasha's head rested against his brothers shoulder as he felt the warmth from the hands holding him. It felt nice, even nostalgic and deep inside he now hoped that they could always be together... for real this time.

And with that all three demons slowly faded from view and with that they stepped into a future where they had no idea what was waiting for them.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-

The forest around them were dense and vicious animals walked freely, but as they walked they encountered no one. Sesshoumaru couldn't even hear the birds or the insects, it was as if the whole forest had gone silent from their arrival. He still held InuYasha in his arms, for his little brother had long since fallen asleep. They had walked for many hours, maybe even for a day now and no one of them had said a single word since they left the human village.

He had no idea where they were heading and who this female youkai were but something told him that he could trust her. He didn't understand himself. He had thought that he could forget InuYasha and move on but just when it looked like he would watch InuYasha die it had all changed. He couldn't forget, he couldn't stop loving this half-breed sibling of his. He could walk through time and life and watch everything around him whiter away but he would always love InuYasha. He also knew that it wouldn't change even after he died and left this world. Nothing would ever make him stop loving InuYasha. His feelings were irrational and illogical, and so were his behaviour. He had wanted InuYasha dead for the shame he casted over them. He had taken InuYasha into his arms and made love to him like there had never been any betrayal or pain between them. He had even been ready to die with InuYasha to get away from it all but just when the opportunity to live again presented itself to them, he took it.

He didn't know if this decision was the right one or would only make it harder for them. But... he knew that deep down... if there were any chance InuYasha would live... he would take it.

Other than his confusion... his mind were having a rather disturbing deja vú. The forest around him looked so familiar that he sometimes knew where they were going. But that couldn't be true, he didn't have deja vú's because of his excellent memory.

It wasn't a disturbing feeling but it wasn't really a comfortable feeling either. The trees around them where whispering. As if to pass on that they were there. The wind whispered something but he couldn't hear what it said. Their whispering weren't threatening or hateful but rather... welcoming him home. To a place he had forgotten.

"We will take a rest until your brother wakes up." Tsusaku said with her back still facing them. "Then I will tell you everything."

The whispers were gone. The spell around them had lifted and Sesshoumaru looked at the woman without showing any signs that he heard her. For she knew he had.

They arrived at a cave, or rather a large rock formed to protect them from the rain that hanged in the clouds above them and waiting to come down.

Sesshoumaru walked in under the rock cliff and looked around. It was probably the best around these parts but it still left much to be desired. He walked over to where Tsusaku had started to make a fire of some dried wood and sat down next to it, cradling InuYasha in his arms without waking him up.

Soon the fire were blazing with power and heat. The rain had finally started to fall and if it weren't for the rock they would had been drenched by now.

InuYasha still hadn't woken up but maybe it was for the better. Sesshoumaru didn't know what he would do when he woke up. There were so many possibilities right now that could happen to them. InuYasha snuggled closer to Sesshoumaru and it was enough to let Sesshoumaru to know that the hanyou were waking up.

He didn't dare to look down as those amber eyes opened, so he stared into the dancing flames. There were no shifting in InuYasha's weight but he knew the other were awake and staring up at him. He may have seemed emotionless but under his charade were a storm of fears and uncertainty.

InuYasha placed a hand on Sesshoumaru's chest, next to where his head were resting.

"I thought it was all a dream." InuYasha whispered as he looked up at the beautiful youkai that held him. There were a moment of silence, a moment where the sound from the fire drowned out the sound of the rain.

"I'm not letting you go." said Sesshoumaru as he continued to stare up into the fire. "Not now. Not again. Ever." The finality in his words left InuYasha tongue-tied. "No matter how much life throws at us I will walk right through it with you. I will protect you no matter how much blood I must spill. Even if my arms are detached from my body I will still find a way to hold you." Finally he looked down at InuYasha's face. "As long as I'm alive, no.... even if my body rots and my soul are lost drifting in nothingness I will always, always love you."

InuYasha didn't know what to say so he said nothing, just hugged his brother as they shared warmth in front of the fire while the rain fell around them outside of the rock. He could feel it, their mating bond growing stronger. The connection between them were stronger than ever. He could even feel Sesshoumaru's heart betting next to his.

But even with the calmness around them there were a storm coming closer. InuYasha didn't know why he knew that but somehow something deep inside his youki spoke of something to come.

Tsusaku sat down on the other side of the fire. Her eyes blazed red as she stared at them. Even until now, the brothers realized that they had never truly looked at her. Her beauty wasn't just in her face and body but something deeper. Her skin, hair, eyes... even her movements had one thing in common. Fire. She was as beautiful as the fire but also dangerous and powerful. She could no doubt destroy everything that stood in her path. Maybe she wasn't even a youkai.

Her legs were dressed in black leather, just like the ash left behind. Her armless shirt was tight and ended above her belly bottom, red also and around her arms was silver markings of circles and flames.

"If you hadn't meet then maybe things wouldn't had turned out like this." Tsusaku said in a whisper. "But it's to late to change the past now. The only thing left for you know is to stop what you have set in motion, once and for all." Her gace landed on them solid and cold.

Unconsciously InuYasha's hand gripped the material under his hand tighter. Sesshoumaru picked up on his mates behaviour and reached out to him through their bond to calm him.

"You said that there was a way to save InuYasha, if you tell me then there is a chance I will forgive you for distressing my mate." Sesshoumaru's voice left none of the threat out as he glared just as coldly back at Tsusaku. "How will I be able to 'save' him."

Tsusaku took his glare like it was nothing. "To get his life back." her words were final. "But before that you will have to do something to stop what was put in motion millennia ago. If you can do this then you will be able to turn back time and save what should have been saved and by doing so will make InuYasha live again, and your children."

InuYasha's heart took a extra beat and the air in his lungs seemed gone for a second.

"What will I have to do?" Sesshoumaru asked carefully. By now he would do anything to take back InuYasha's life but everything so far in his life had come with a price. Their existence had cost their parents their lives, even their love for each other had cost them to lose each other and their children. So what would make this time any different?

Tsusaku gave a faint but genuine smile before she began to tell the story that started long ago.

To Be Continued.