InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Same Thing, Different Time ❯ Caught and Seized ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Still don't own any part of InuYasha, and am still not seeking to gain anything in means of profit, rights, or anything else from creating this.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Same Thing, Different Time

by: aishiteru_inu

Part 2: Caught and Seized

"You've got something of mine, and I want it back!" he snapped with a bit of malevolence. "Either give it to me now, or you won't like what I do next."

Her eyes shot to his face and she almost flinched at the golden eyes that stared at her. They seemed to burn into her, almost glowing in the darkness of the tunnel.

"I--I don't k-know what you're t-talking about." she stammered, taking a tentative step back, glancing quickly behind her. Was there two of them now? He wasn't the one the had been chasing her before.

"The necklace, you idiot," he snapped again. "I want the damn necklace! It's mine, so give it to me!"

Her hand went immediately up to the piece of jewelry that hung around her neck. Her fingers touched the smooth round stone, sliding up to feel the pointed jags of the crystals which made up the necklace itself.

"This necklace doesn't belong to you," she argued back with fringed bravery, taking yet another backward step. "It was given to me."

He snorted maliciously, one side of his mouth pulling back in a snarl, baring what looked to be a pointed canine tooth! His brows knitted nearly together at the top of his nose, lids dropping down to partially cover his eyes, yet even though they were half hidden from it they gleamed ever that much more brightly.

"I'm tired of waiting, wench! The smell of you is making me sick!"

Her foot took another step behind her, and this time when her foot touch ground, she pivoted around and took off running in the direction that she had came from.

Her body burst out into the open, into the light of day. Whatever head start she had, she knew that her pursuer wasn't too far behind and gaining on her with every step she took. So with determined strength, she tried vainly to make herself run faster.

She couldn't help taking a glance behind, eyes growing wide when she saw he was nearly within reaching distance. Her mouth opened, and a scream started to weld up out of her throat when abruptly the scream was cut short and replaced with an 'oof'. The unexpected collision sent her flying, along with whatever hit her, into the air and then landed several feet away in a jarring thud on the ground.

She laid there, eyes closed, coughing from the wind being knocked out of her, but her excursion was not yet over as in the next moment she felt herself yanked painfully upward until she heard a snap. Instantly she felt a burning sensation on either side of her neck as the crystal shards cut into her skin as it was broken free of her.

"No," she yelled, reaching out to grab it. A spreading warmth started to envelop her, but quickly dissolved when she was shoved violently back down. She heard the cruel snicker of the robber just before her head slammed against the ground. Flashes of colored lights burst into view behind her closed lids.

She winced from the pain, reaching a hand up to her forehead, and after -- she didn't know how many moments she laid there -- she heard what sounded like a scuffle nearby. Forcing her eyes open, she looked straight into the sky, then blinked hard against the light, then she rolled herself onto her side, peering about to see what was going on. She blinked hard again, trying to focus her sight, and finally her eyes fell upon the two men locked together in a struggle about twenty or so yards away. She watched as each one took punches at the other, some connecting, others not. But in the force of their blows, they would send each other flying only to get up and take some more.

"This is crazy," her mind buzzed. "What in the world is going on?!"

Something bright and shiny caught her attention, glittering rainbow shards of light as it reflected in the sun's light. It was her necklace! Just laying there on the ground only a few of feet away from her, forgotten by both of the two that were in a heated exchange of blows. Rising to her knees, she crawled over to the cast away piece of jewelry.

Reaching out, she glanced up at the two which were still fighting, but as her fingers closed over it, she saw the dark haired guy crash to the ground once again and this time he didn't get back up. With her gaze still fixed upon the scene, she saw that the one in the red tee-shirt was standing, motionless, as if waiting for the other to rise up again, but after a few moments, when it was evident that he wasn't, his body relaxed somewhat.

"Is that all you got?" she heard him say as she sat back upon her legs, the necklace now within the clasp of her hand. "Feh!" he exclaimed in disgust, straighten to stand his full height.

Wordlessly, she sat there, unable to move, even when he turned that silver-white mane of his to look at her. She felt a jolt, like little threads of electricity, shoot through her as she could only stare. Fear also gripped her, telling her to get up and run, but for some reason her legs just wouldn't budge.

"He won't be bothering you again," he said almost as if he had came to her rescue instead of being one of them which had been chasing her, then dusted his hands together in a matter-of-fact manner.

He started to walk toward her then, his eyes not leaving her face. "Are you alright?"

Now she was really confused! Wasn't he…? Didn't he…?

She rose up off the ground, her lips parted to answer him, but she was cut off by another voice behind her.

"Freeze! Get your hands up!"